• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Goods Imbalance

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I currently have 24 pages of trade goods on offer to me. Less than one page is sentient goods, 13 pages are Elixir cross-tier trades, and 10 pages are other T3 cross tier trades. There is not a single T1 or T2 offer in 24 pages. This is not particularly unusual for the last month.

The economy is broken.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I have been seeing way to many pages of the same type of trades and have to agree with you Ashrem. Some players must be taking some of these trades or you would think they would eventually stop posting them. Any trades I post within the same tier are taken within 10 or 20 minutes, sometimes quicker, because there are no good trades out there and players are jumping all over any trades that are not cross tiers.
I would like to be able to post a way to fix this, but am at a loss to think of any way this could really be fixed, it has gotten progressively worse and worse through the evolving of the game and now is just ridiculous.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I would like to be able to post a way to fix this
I only see 3 major options.
1. Nerf T3 set buildings (queue pitchforks and torches)
2. Buff T1 & T2 production (OP T1&T2 sets next event?)
3. Introduce a T3 sink of some kind? (Massively weight spire catering towards T3?)

The first option will enrage many a player and is probably not advisable. The second seems the most likely with the power creep in Elvenar continuing to ramp up by giving us ever more powerful stuff (Venar's III was the ultimate-super-diamond-only prize when I started and in a couple of weeks you can grab 20 for free if you want). The third option will probably be too hard on players who missed out on the good sets for whatever reason.

Vergazi

3. Introduce a T3 sink of some kind? (Massively weight spire catering towards T3?)

The first option will enrage many a player and is probably not advisable. The second seems the most likely with the power creep in Elvenar continuing to ramp up by giving us ever more powerful stuff (Venar's III was the ultimate-super-diamond-only prize when I started and in a couple of weeks you can grab 20 for free if you want). The third option will probably be too hard on players who missed out on the good sets for whatever reason.
How about raising the boost cap for goods production to 1000% or more for all three of the tiers to begin with. What to do about event buildings that produce tier3 IDK.

Pheryll

Set Designer
How about raising the boost cap for goods production to 1000% or more for all three of the tiers to begin with. What to do about event buildings that produce tier3 IDK.
Raising the boost cap will probably not do anything. Less manufactories needed to balance out the set buildings, but that is all it would do. In the late game many players do no want to upgrade their regular manufactories to or past the point that they require sentient goods for level up. Set buildings become the major good producers end game (assuming that you need to produce any goods at all).

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

OP T1&T2 sets next event?
Yes please. I am quite surprised that we didn't have anything powerful in T1/T2 space, at least for quite a while. Harvest event sets were somewhat more focused on T1/T2, but not something that I would consider OP by any means. Not to mention that several of those buildings were grand prizes that you couldn't get multiples.

Crowella

I haven't played that long, so I don't have the event sets in question, but it seems to me that the imbalance is particularly striking for elixir. Which makes sense since some of the buildings if you only got one of them or you don't have buildings touching, it produces elixir as I understand it. So there's more elixir "free" production" than that of the other t3 goods. Am I right about this? Or am I just worrying overmuch since elixir is my boosted good?

Sunnydae

I have been seeing way to many pages of the same type of trades and have to agree with you Ashrem. Some players must be taking some of these trades or you would think they would eventually stop posting them. Any trades I post within the same tier are taken within 10 or 20 minutes, sometimes quicker, because there are no good trades out there and players are jumping all over any trades that are not cross tiers.
I would like to be able to post a way to fix this, but am at a loss to think of any way this could really be fixed, it has gotten progressively worse and worse through the evolving of the game and now is just ridiculous.
I HATE having to make Xtier trades T3 for T2 but unless i pay for T2 goods i am not boosted in there is no other way to seem to get them lately... ARRGGHHH:(:(

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Pitchforks or not, it warrants a nerf. Buffing the other productions just creates more problems unless they re-balance all the negotiating costs at the same time. And as we both said, T3 sinks hurt only the people who don't have the buildings. They have practically no effect on those who do.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I just wonder how much of the 'don't bother building factories' angle is pushing this. If I remember correctly, 8 T1, 6 T2, 4 T3 at a minimum used to be a rule of thumb. Then there wasn't page after page of cross-tier offers. Now it seems every tournament explodes cross-tier offers for the goods du jour. I also think a lot of players have avoided or postpone building T3 early on because of space demands.. Whatever the reason is, I filter 100% of the time in the trader because there is no way I'm going to waste my time sifting through page after page of trades I refuse to take.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I remember correctly, 8 T1, 6 T2, 4 T3 at a minimum used to be a rule of thumb.
LoL that may have been a maximum. 8:6:4 was only for those with zero military or a lot of the premium expansions.

The "don't bother building factories" strategy only came up because the average player only had around 5:4:3 or even 3 of each factory later and sets give that much and more now.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
LoL that may have been a maximum. 8:6:4 was only for those with zero military or a lot of the premium expansions.

The "don't bother building factories" strategy only came up because the average player only had around 5:4:3 or even 3 of each factory later and sets give that much and more now.

That was never a maximum for top level players. I know your strategy and I know it works very well for you. Problem is that if not maximized then following would leave some portion of players short especially if their FS has a focus on tournaments. There really are a bunch of players who aren't willing to put the time, effort & calculations into battling. Hence, a weekly shortage.

NightshadeCS

Like others have stated, I think those of us who understand the gross undervalue of T3 are in the minority. We have to assume that forum-frequenters are a minority of game-players, and if the trader says it is fair, that's as far as anyone thinks about it. Even myself, in all my spreadsheet-loving, forum-posting, elvengems-perusing glory (? o_Oo_O) only takes the word of what I have found to be reliable players. The adding and subtracting of it all is just too much for me to care much about.

And I am in a fairly high-ranked fellowship, and none of our players have been chatting about this issue at all. It's Dark Info. ;)

In conclusion, Inno needs to do something to resolve this, or it will never be resolved.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Or, gee, let me go waaaaay out on a limb here: Maybe Inno could move the dead/abandoned/inactive cities to the edge of the map and condense the active players. Crazy, I know. Why would ANYONE want more potential trading partners, amirite?
Although that's a good idea on its own, I don't think it fixes the imbalance in any way. (I guess from the point of view of those of us with excess freely-produced T3, it's more people to dump them on, but all that does is spread the problem a little thinner and hide it for a few more weeks). It doesn't actually correct anything. The longer late-chapter Jester's taverns sit around producing millions of free T3 per day in each world, the greater the excess T3 will be in the economy and the harder it will be to bleed it out in a non-disruptive manner.

Crowella

Maybe it's not a bug. Maybe it's a feature. Maybe it's supposed to challenge us to find creative ways to collaborate between people who have the t3 buildings and those that don't.

Or maybe as more people move to elementals and get sentient goods that decay into t1 and t2 goods it will balance itself?

Can you tell I'm an optimist?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Maybe it's not a bug. Maybe it's a feature. Maybe it's supposed to challenge us to find creative ways to collaborate between people who have the t3 buildings and those that don't.

Or maybe as more people move to elementals and get sentient goods that decay into t1 and t2 goods it will balance itself?

Can you tell I'm an optimist?
Yes. I'd say something about whether the Google and Facbook billionaires have come up with ways to collaborate with the rest of us, but really, what is there to say?