• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Scout or Builder

Socrates28

I would like to suggest that you have as an event prize a "spell", or some symbol, which would allow you to have a 1 use extra builder or scout. I know that upon occasion I would really have liked to have either one of them.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I would like to suggest that you have as an event prize a "spell", or some symbol, which would allow you to have a 1 use extra builder or scout. I know that upon occasion I would really have liked to have either one of them.
Timers pretty much serve this function except they are arguably more equitable.
E.G. a "scout" instant would be worth 5 hours to a newer player but 60 hours to an older player. 4x14h timers (like this event offers) is worth 56h to everyone.

Last edited:

Vergazi

While I agree with all @SoggyShorts has said on this thread, would it be too unfair to other players if Inno were to offer an additional Scout through unlocking Scouting in the beginning of Chapter 15? The only reason I ask is that I have seen several mentions in different parts of the forums regarding the tortuously long scout times in later chapters.

Socrates28

E.G. a "scout" instant would be worth 5 hours to a newer player but 60 hours to an older player. 4x14h timers (like this event offers) is worth 56h to everyone.
I agree with your observation as it is indeed true from that standpoint. At the same time it does not invalidate the idea and it is proportional to the chapter the player is in. I would also point out that early stage players might find it difficult to use a 14 hr instant without wasting much of it. Just as late stage players would find a 15 min instant of little use for the opposite reason, it would have minimal effect on the large timers they are facing.
There are times when we do not have instants and need to wait for the time to expire. A second scout/builder would, in effect, half the time of the scout/build. Additionally, it would be a help to any player to have an extra builder upon occasion without having to upgrade the MA. While my MA is maxed, I could use another builder to quicked the pace in my new chapter development.
I acknowledge that there are different ways to get that effect. What I am suggesting is another way with a little twist of choice.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Crafting, for me, has solved this problem. I constantly craft the instants...all of them...and save them for the times I need that extra builder. I then just finish the shortest build in progress. Since my builds can take 40 hours or more, it's a real help.

On the other hand, the more the game provides to make it easier to get things done the psychological pressure to buy diamonds is reduced so it's really not in Inno's best interest (and perhaps the game's either since if Inno doesn't make a reasonable return they will shut the game down), to provide too much help.

The gamers want it cheap or free, but the purpose of the game from the developers point of view is to make it profitable. So a lot of good and useful ideas will, naturally, go by the wayside.

AJ

NightshadeCS

I would also point out that early stage players might find it difficult to use a 14 hr instant without wasting much of it.
Save it for later!

Just as late stage players would find a 15 min instant of little use for the opposite reason, it would have minimal effect on the large timers they are facing..

I have found 15 minute time erasers abundantly useful when trying to fit in those 2 tourney rounds in one day. It means I can go to bed 15 minutes earlier!

There are times when we do not have instants and need to wait for the time to expire.

WHAT?!?! ;) I have never had a moment without several (dozens?) time instants in inventory. I am like a dragon sitting on my piles of treasure...

I agree with @SoggyShorts that time instants provide the greatest flexibility and (if hoarded properly!) solve this issue.:D:D

Socrates28

All of what you are saying is true and to a large extent you are all experienced and later stage players. New players may not have the "time in grade" so to speak to figure that out. I am proposing something that would give newer players a "boost" and experienced players might find interesting and even useful upon occasion. I know that in this current event I could have used a second scout without spending gems or instants to get the job done in the time I wanted it done. And since I am upgrading residences for Elementals, a 6th builder would not hurt. "I" would find it useful. If you do not that is certainly your option to speak against it, point out other options, or turn it into Vision Vapor if you want to.
I do appreciate the differing points of view, for example:
While true, every person in a different chapter getting the same event building gets different values for that same building. Why not this as well? Inequality of use is not a point against the idea as it is used throughout the game.
On the other hand, the more the game provides to make it easier to get things done the psychological pressure to buy diamonds is reduced so it's really not in Inno's best interest (and perhaps the game's either since if Inno doesn't make a reasonable return they will shut the game down), to provide too much help.
The gamers want it cheap or free, but the purpose of the game from the developers point of view is to make it profitable. So a lot of good and useful ideas will, naturally, go by the wayside.
AJ
AJ's post is more to the point I am looking for. Not that there are many ways to accomplish the same thing, for there are througout the game in the decisions we make every day, it is a reason why it may not be seen as a "good idea" by the developers.
To that point, because it is not something that is readily available, such as the Trading Post or Wishing Well, the effect on diamond purchases would be marginal at best, possibly hardly detectable. This is especially true considering the posts on these forums where people are setting up cities filled with diamond mines in them so they will not have to buy diamonds for awhile. The develpoers allowed that to happen, why not this?

DeletedUser20951

Unless I have an odd thought that is nibbling on my brain meats, which contributes nothing to the discussion but I must share or the cannibalism won't stop, I don't often comment on something I have little in the way of an opinion of. Regardless, I think this is a neat idea that would vary wildly on utility without being balance breaking, and I don't object to the addition.