• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mobile - Tourney Fight Completion Animation

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
why wouldn't this make it into the release notes? sheesh.
For the same reason that it wasn't Beta tested: It's cute but crap.

New players are enticed by the beauty that is Elvenar's graphics, and I'm sure that the first few animations you now see as you fight and win your first battles are pleasing to the eye. By the time these newbies realize how cumbersome and time-consuming things are it's too late-they already bought the $10 starter pack for the free builder.

DeletedUser9601

Also for what it's worth, if you mash the Victory/Defeat button, it speeds things up. But then it's harder to track the fight outcome.
Not a big deal for the first 80% of fights, but definitely annoying for provinces 15+ when you want to see whether you should adjust army comps.
But still. Thanks Inno for the trashcan change that literally no one wanted, while ignoring dozens of improvements elsewhere!!! Let me express my thanks by spending$20 on diamonds. /s :oops:

DeletedUser9601

Also I just read your beta thread and got brain cancer from all the idiotic posters complaining about your suggestion.

No wonder this game rarely sees any improvements, when the beta testers posting in threads like that spout such bad ideas based on fundamental misunderstandings of game mechanics.

DeletedUser12171

It has only superficial value and makes fighting a hassle, taking more time. Devs please remove it.

Yes I know there's another thread talking about this already but I thought the feature was so inane that it warranted another thread.

Dopeykr

It has only superficial value and makes fighting a hassle, taking more time. Devs please remove it.

Yes I know there's another thread talking about this already but I thought the feature was so inane that it warranted another thread.
That doesn't show up on either my phone or my tablet . I don't know if what you're talking about is system-wide.

DeletedUser5521

I don't have it either. I did my fighting on my iPad today just to see what the negative feedback was about, but I got nuthin.. :oops:

Dopeykr

What's going on Arabia & I ( Dopeykr ) were commenting on a new thread about the animation during fighting on mobile. The thread was by someone that felt that the animation was causing vision problems. Now these posts have been moved to a completely different thread.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
The mods will sometimes combine threads that are about the same topic, so there are not twenty threads all about the same thing. I would guess that is what happened.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

Yes. Along with the animation of the enemy troops bleeding away from their units. It is a terrible feature
Just got this update today. This is just terrible. Going through something like 100 encounters per stage, this probably doubles the time required to do the tournament - if not more.

Please give us at least an option to disable it. There is no value in this whatsoever. Positive value, that is.

DeletedUser12171

Are you referring to the swords that appear after clicking on fight? Right before it shows if the match was won or lost?
Yes, @Fairy Dust

The animation is simply of two swords rattling and I assume has no effect whatsover on the final outcome, i.e. it's purely cosmetic. The animation lasts 2 - 3 seconds and cannot be skipped. It may be interesting once or twice but not when I clear anywhere between 550 - 750 encounters per tournament, and fight between 50 - 75% of them

NightshadeCS

I agree 100% with the complaints about this added animation. I don't usually fight encounters on tablet, but did yesterday due to being away from home.

The shaking swords and count-down of troop loss is nothing but annoying and time-consuming.