• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

That's all for me, thanks for the good times

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
As some of you may have noticed I took a 2-week break to see how I felt about leaving Elvenar. After 3 years and 10,000 forum posts:eek: (7 here, 3 on Beta/EN) I think my time here is over.

I'll certainly miss the forums, but I don't think I'll actually miss playing...at least not the game I've had the past ~15 months. @Tedious perfectly summed up the biggest late-game issues in his farewell thread:
-Staring down 6+ months between guest races, and knowing that those guest races can be either somewhat trivialized with spells[Portal Profits are OP imo]
-Spending downtime eking out minor city improvements to do more in the tournament for the main result to be "that I can do more in the tournament" started to feel too much like a pie eating contest where first prize was a free pie.
-Seeing a lot of "new" developments get lots of focus and attention (FSAs, challenges, crafting) right upon release, but then never really getting touched again as "good enough."
This is exactly how I have felt for quite some time, and I think I've waited as long as I could for Inno to add end-game content.

Best of luck to all of you, perhaps we'll meet again someday.
Cheers,
Soggy

If you need to reach me, I'll keep PM notifications turned on for a while.

IMO you really need to prioritize improving some features like Browser visits and the FA. It doesn't matter how, just do it.
To quote a Valve review: Sometimes changing full diapers IMMEDIATELY is the best cause of action before the stink starts ruining every pleasantness around you; not thinking about why, when or the optimal way of changing it for a long time before you do, looking like 40 road workers looking bewildered at each other while tossing one spade between them.

Last edited:

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
Aww Soggy, you are leaving me too? I just want to say I appreciate both you (@SoggyShorts ) and @Tedious . You have both made this forum extremely fun for me, even when I am chasing you two around and pulling my hairs out as I do. You have brought great enjoyment to the Elvenar Community, great insights, many great ideas on how to better the community and the game, and most importantly...life to this wonderful forum.

Thank you for the times you have put in the game and I hope you change your mind and return back to us.

Sincerely,
A very sad fairy Moderator :(
Xelenia

DeletedUser20396

IMO you really need to prioritize improving some features like Browser visits and the FA. It doesn't matter how, just do it.
To quote a Valve review: Sometimes changing full diapers IMMEDIATELY is the best cause of action before the stink starts ruining every pleasantness around you; not thinking about why, when or the optimal way of changing it for a long time before you do, looking like 40 road workers looking bewildered at each other while tossing one spade between them.

This is great. @Fairy Dust, or @Xelenia , would ya'll pass this to the devs?

Socrates28

I am indeed saddened by the departure (hopefully only a hiatus) of some of the long term players I have come to respect on this Forum. They have a depth of knowledge which I have drawn on ever since I started reading these forums. As others have mentioned, I did not always agree with their ideas and yet they were thoughtful and thought provoking none the less.
We should recognize that every game is a time sink. We spend our time, sometimes our money, to be diverted, entertained, and busy. The comradery of our Fellowships bring people from diverse walks of life and different areas of the world together. We enjoy building and finding different solutions to the challenges we are faced with. These traits, and more, are all givens in the game called Elvenar.
We should recognize that this is a game. There are constraints and rules which have been made and by which we must abide. Like our cities are different, the decisions of others would be different than ones we might have made. It is also certainly important to point out bugs and possible improvements to the company.
Having said all that, what I find disturbing is the tenor of the disagreements and the perceived importance of the differences we write about. I am not suggesting that there should not be disagreements and different points of view, for we do see things differently. Yet we seem to “strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.” (Matthew 23:24)
Just because we have different points of view does not mean we should “go to verbal war” with each other, or Inno either.
I am not posting this to start a verbal war. I am hoping that more civility and openness to change would become the rule of the day for the players, the developers, and the company.

Gath Of Baal

@SoggyShorts Good Luck & Fortune in whatever comes next for you...

Yet another person to add to the list of people who have quit the game but while they were here tried to make the game a better experience for the rest of us..

Edit: Never say never my friend. I tried to quit 2 times already and found myself back to it after a few months break.. I hope this is the case with you and all you need is a long break..

Last edited:

DeletedUser5521

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
o.jpg

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

HJK84

I'm saddened :(
But, I've learned alot from @SoggyShorts , even had some PM's with one another.

I will also add, I've been in a similar situation, years ago with another game. I've told the story before, will touch on some of the basis.

Becoming someone who;
  • has the ear of the community of players
  • has so much knowledge that it shocks some players
  • players come to for advice
  • helps build, update the game
  • helps test different aspects of game
  • eventually gets promoted and becomes part of the staff
But, down the road, realizing if your not in with the "main crew", you're nothing but a lackey and won't be able to change things for the better.

Some of that fits for who @SoggyShorts is/was, and it also touches on the other people here, like @Xelenia and company.

Best of luck to you :)
I guarantee, in due time, you'll look back and laugh at this whole thing ;)

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Another sad day here on the forums, I am saddened to see you go my friend. I have seen the time and effort you have put in here and on beta trying to get yours and our ideas and priorities across to the devs and how it seems to be a two steps forward three steps back kind of thing. I want to thank you for all the helpful ideas, calculations, city planning advice, information and all the laughs you have given us for as long as you have been here!! You will be missed very much, I know I have missed your post just in the short time you have been gone already. :(
I hope you will drop back in to say hello from time to time and I hope you find what you are looking for out there bud!!!

Last edited: