• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Sharpest Crayon In-game Actions

DeletedUser20951

In the spirit of the season of eventing, I've read recounts of accidental collecting and hampering of quest completion due to clicking/tapping on the wrong buildings, which I have done, but the most frequent error I make in this vein takes it an extra, dumber step further... I will be looking ahead, planning (for once in my life), to pluck something at a certain time, believe I am in total agreement with myself, and then automatically click on anything clickable when I perform one of my numerous, random check-ins before that time arrives, laying waste to my painstaking attempts of meticulous design and ruining all my hopes and dreams of finally, finally staying the course of structured prudence.

DeletedUser23078

and then automatically click on anything clickable when I perform one of my numerous, random check-ins before that time arrives, laying waste to my painstaking attempts of meticulous design and ruining all my hopes and dreams of finally, finally staying the course of structured prudence.

LOL see how many times I ruined my goods collection for the research tree by going to the world map and solving some encounters.

DeletedUser20951

RUIN AND DAMNATION, a pox upon my attention span! I knew there was a reason for the thought looping in the back of my head, "check cities"! My aspiration of syncing up my non-settable collections will never be realized at this rate! Why did I ignore it when I normally compulsively check in frequently when news surfing?! WHY, YOU CURSED, FLAW-RIDDLED, ORGANIC OPERATING SYSTEM?!

Anyway, my Excavation, Carting Thingies, Glowing Orb Thingies, and Wells are now- SWEET BABY JESUS BACK RIBS, my Wells! *runs off*

DeletedUser20951

*begins humming Mr. Sandman* Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Mister Wisdom, (yes?) grant me a light. I am the brightest lamp with an unerring forethought. PLEASE GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO SQUASH MY IDIOCY. Okay, I can't count and match syllables any further, but my most recent foray into the realms of dum-dum behavior is that it slipped my mind that I was refraining from posting trades at my usual time because I was waiting until I finished the final round of the tourney, so as to save myself two rebalancings of goods in a single day. I just went through, posted trades, and then remembered immediately after why I hadn't already. MY BRILLIANCE OUTSHINES ALL OTHERS. Amen.

DeletedUser20951

Well, I'm done with the tournie, but my inclination to post trades isn't simply nonexistent, it's downright aversive. *throws self on floor and kicks and screams* I DON'T WANNA! I DON'T WANNA AND I'M NOT GONNA. *rises, dusts self off, and then sighs with exasperation* FINE, the magical power of procrastination mention means that I am going to go post trades now. *kicks rocks, mutters expletives, and wanders back to game*

NightshadeCS

my most recent foray into the realms of dum-dum behavior is that it slipped my mind that I was refraining from posting trades at my usual time because I was waiting until I finished the final round of the tourney, so as to save myself two rebalancings of goods in a single day. I just went through, posted trades, and then remembered immediately after why I hadn't already.

Been there, done that, my friend. :oops::oops::oops:

DeletedUser20951

This can be lessened by only offering one or two large trades of each item instead of a large number of small trades that do nothin but clutter up the trader for everyone else anyway.
I feel like I have seen this sentiment before, but where? *gives unblinking serious-face but swiftly cracks into customary goofball expression* I went heavier on the bigger trades than normal and all of 'em were taken by four longtime players, which is what usually happens and also contributes to my posting method, since I do try to keep the serial Trader clearers in mind. They perform a clicky, often thankless, task of helpfulness that significantly improves ease of play for others.

DeletedUser20951

I WILL DESTROY YOU, TREACHEROUS FIEND. *tackles and throttles self* Why do you sabotage me so grievously?! We are supposed to be on the same team, yet you insist on- When in the Hells did you find the time to put together all of those molotov cocktails? Okay, yes, I see the lighter, I understand the purpose of it and the threat, but the sheer size of this arsenal seems excessively extravagant just to- *burst into flames and flails about futilely* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeEEEEEE-!!!

(I've been crafting a ton of KP, since I have a ton of CCs and frags, and I just collected one that filled my KP bar to the max, when I could have easily avoided that by expending the points saved up before collecting. I unnecessarily, and absolutely intolerably, reset my KP timer to an hour at the ten minute mark! KHHHAAANNN!!!)

DeletedUser20951

*stomps in like a herd of disgruntled buffalo and huffily destroys nearby objects* I have forgotten to collect from my daily and every other daily things in a prompt and respectable fashion, AGAIN. I believe I may be hitting a slippery-sloped patch of cascading errors, where you commit one atrocity and the next few dozen don't sting as- LIKE THE UNHOLY BASTION OF THE NINE, THEY DON'T. *screams in pained rage and carefully gathers up the wreckage, then flings it back down and crushes it into splinters* There! Take that, you- Oh Gods, ALL OF MY WORLDLY BELONGINGS.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The secret is not secret if you think about it. It's no secret that paying attention will help you avoid most mistakes. Focus and attention to details. Yep, that's one way. But it's often a tedious and difficult thing for those of us who are easily distracted by the shiny thing in the corner, whatever corner that might be, real or imagined. So we move without looking and often move in the wrong direction.

Now here is a how to lower the mistake count -- unless you have never made one of course -- plan not the individual attempts, but all attempts at once. Stop now, analyze what the most efficient and mistake avoiding route for your behavior is, and then use it. If this doesn't make sense to you now, hopefully it will in a moment.

When you start the game you are thinking of doing X. Nice, but if X isn't appropriate at the beginning or worse, if you do X when Y needs done, you make that dreaded "mistake" X shouldn't be on your mind, Y should be, right? In this case the most efficient method of avoiding mistakes is to have a pattern of behavoir that prioritizes each thing you could so that what ought to be done first is ALWAYS done first.

Example: I open my game and look first at the quests. Every time. Quests first. Then I LOOK (not click) at production. If it's finished I consider the time I've spent in that production and ask if I need an enchantment for it (or usually the whole lot). Depending on what the quests say (and the next one and then next one until I can't predict any more), I THEN begin to click, click, click. Quest, production check, decisions, click. If you are thinking as you load, "I've got to grab my production" you are going to forget to "check if I need spells," and thus it will be too late. Proper order is: Survey, Consider, Click. Survey what you need (i.e. quests to be done, productions to be collected, troops to be built, spells to be put into the queue, etc...) then decide the order of to do them, and finally click. The "survey and consider part" really takes only about 10-15 seconds at most and can save you hours of work or re-work because it avoids the "missclicks."

Well,that's my method anyway and while I do make mistakes they are usually when I'm collecting and move my unsteady had over something I didn't want to collect yet (and I'm aware that I don't want to collect it because I did my survey of the upcoming quests and know that the next quest I do needs it), and collect it. accidentally.

The key is to be self-disciplined and do the same thing every time, whatever pattern you find avoids mistakes.

AJ

DeletedUser20951

Hey now, @ajqtrz, we are celebrating the dumb things we do, not self-improvement.

And this is more of a dumb way my mind responds, but it fits the theme, regardless. My elven city is spread out all over the place and I have to drag about to reach everything every time I set production, which I seem to have grown accustomed to and it no longer bothers me. Now, in my human city, I can center on all factories and workshops, ready to be clicked on with no movement necessary, but my Academy is down below, and when I have crafted relics to be collected to complete the quest for 'em that falls between quests for a couple workshop productions and goods, my irritation knows no bounds at having to shift slightly southward and then back up. The indignity! THE HORROR. *spins trackball* Such a strenuous effort required on my part that offends my brain!

...Apparently.

DeletedUser20951

At last! AT LAST. I have finally committed a brand-shiney new error of reasoning and foresight inside of this simplistic virtual simulation of fantastic reality plagiarism, something I've been waiting for with anticipation for- *glances at date on last fresh misstep* Eighteen days!

Second to final tech of Fairies, I unlocked over a week ago, but only tonight did it occur to me that I need to fill in the KP for the last one, and I had been happily plugging knowledge into my Wonders instead of where they should have been placed, which is in the research tree. Due to my mistake, I will probably be stalled longer than absolutely necessary, the resources produced and gathered but still accumulating enough KP to finish. Yay!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
At last! AT LAST. I have finally committed a brand-shiney new error of reasoning and foresight inside of this simplistic virtual simulation of fantastic reality plagiarism, something I've been waiting for with anticipation for- *glances at date on last fresh misstep* Eighteen days!

Second to final tech of Fairies, I unlocked over a week ago, but only tonight did it occur to me that I need to fill in the KP for the last one, and I had been happily plugging knowledge into my Wonders instead of where they should have been placed, which is in the research tree. Due to my mistake, I will probably be stalled longer than absolutely necessary, the resources produced and gathered but still accumulating enough KP to finish. Yay!

It is not that bad, since the next weekly tournament starts in about 10 hours. Then you can get extra KP. :)