• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

DeletedUser9483

I really don’t mind the new “random” quests. I don’t even mind the repetitive 1 and 2 day productions or vision vapor quests. However, these Complete Province quests without an alternative are ridiculous. For years, we have been told not to overscout, and in the first week of this event I have had to complete 12 provinces. Since I can only scout 2 provinces per week, it’s too bad I didn’t have the foresight 2 ½ months ago to scout 20 ahead for this event. At this point in the game, at least for me, scouting and completing provinces is pointless and unnecessary. If it wasn't for the time boosters, I wouldn't even bother with this event.

The Unbeliever

Costly - so rare (goods or time)
Gain CC
Gain 100 Spell Fragments
Buy KP
Gain VV
Complete Research
Scout
T1 2-day build
Building upgrades 16+
No - remove ALL vision vapor BS entirely!
The problem with the crafting mechanics are;
a) it doesn't even unlock until the end of Ch1
b) anyone who's only been around 3-6 months tend to have very limited inventories, meaning very limited access to spell fragments
c) gaining VV's is entirely an RNG crapshoot at the best of times... I HATE being forced to effectively throw away limited resources for no/very limited gain. :(

Because of this, the only times we should get VV & spell fragment quests are during the smaller quest line events. At least keeping them limited here means a player with either limited/0 resources and/or awful luck at the crafting RNG sodomising loses out on just a couple possible rewards...
However, as many of us are currently finding out, with this asinine ranDUMB quest system, the RNG is basically just putting up an impassible wall that forces some people out of the event entirely for no other reason than "lolz - sucks to be you loser!trollolololz!"

I'm only moderately p******* at this event because the "rewards" such that they are, are basically all just mediocre to complete garbage tier buildings...
If this was say the Phoenix event or the Fall event though? (ie: my two favourite events of the year!) I'd delete my account and never come back!

Oh, and if we think Inno has just been trolling us with this event, just wait until the Spire of Eternal Misery goes live...
100% guarantee that we'll get quests (with no alternative options either!) to do things like;
- "solve X encounters in the Spire"
- "win X battles in the Spire"
- "negotiate X encounters in the Spire without losing in between"
At THAT point, Inno will have officially declared that events are for diamond whales only. :(

Deleted User - 312108

@The Unbeliever If you look at my post in suggestions, I'd prefer VV quests be very, very limited because as you said, they are costly. I know upper level players have more relics than what they know what to do with. Where I am at... the constant CC crafting, scouting, encounters and complete province quests means that I have no relics, and I have more provinces opened than I need for the next chapter. To me, that means at some point the burden of the quests in the events means that many players will be unable to do them.

On beta (my name is Kasia there) I have suggested that there be some functionality to decline/skip quests - quite simply because some quests for some players cannot be completed.
Here I have made suggestions regarding the quest flow and value.

The meat of the above suggesting is that while you have a VV quest present since you have to do 3 out of the 6 presented, if the VV quest is something you do not want to do, you would hopefully have other viable options.

Also to me, a VV quest completion should have more intrinsic currency value than giving NH :) It costs me time and resources, NH gives me gold and costs me little time.

The Unbeliever

Honestly I think it's just easier & simpler to just remove the VV's/gain spell fragments altogether...
Adding in a feature to decline quests, or else do only X of Y options is just opening up a can of worms that doesn't need to be opened.
(ie: that paths leads to madness, as everyone and their mother will be screaming over what quests should be bundled in together in order to simply make things basically an auto-pass!;))

We can have more than enough variance and options with just the 'classics' such as:
- complete X workshop productions (+6 options total)
- complete X T1 productions (+4 options total)
- complete X all T1 productions (+4 options total)
- gain X 'insert specific good' (+9 options total)
- gain X marble + steel + plank
- gain X crystal + scroll + silk
- gain X elixir + dust + gems
- gain X relics
- solve X encounters OR Y tournament encounters
- recruit units
- gain X spells (tournaments are very handy here!)
- give neighbourly help
- upgrade X buildings to Lv.3 - 5 (+3 options total)
- gain coins (various totals for multiple options - say 3 or 4 diff amounts)
- gain supplies (various totals for multiple options - say 3 or 4 diff amounts)
- gain 100 - 250 population
- gain 25 - 200 culture
...that's roughly around 42 - 45 or so different quest options right there, with variance for total amounts asked for and/or # of productions required.

Then add in the odd occurrence every 25-30 quests or so of the 'big asks' such as;
- Scout a province
- Gain 1-2 provinces
- Research 1 tech OR upgrade 1-2 building/s to Lv15+

Throw in larger lots of the 24hr - 48hr productions as a way to slow players down a bit, AND, reduce the amount of event currency per quest overall, thus allowing for the vast majority of quests to be the 'traditional' ones, without blowing up the overall balance of the event itself. ;)

One of the main reasons I feel like this event is so screwy overall, is that we're getting far too many corals per quest, and thus, we're getting much higher likelihood of the 'time block' quests to help artificially rebalance the event...
But if say for example, 80% of the quests you get are 9hrs or under tasks, then it's fine to give out 10-30 corals/acorns/whatever per quest, and save the 40-60 for those odd instances of the big scout/gain provinces & do 8-12 24hr/5-10 48hr quests. (and makes it a helluva lot easier overall to keep more those 24 & 48hr productions waiting around on standby too!;))

Inno can simply programme a hidden 'gateway' into the quest system, that once a player passes a certain event currency threshold, then they'll get a secondary quest alignment requiring mainly very large lots of 3hr - 9hr productions & more instances of 24-48hr ones + more 'gain relics', 'do 20-30 tourney encounters', '75-100+ 5min productions', etc...

Deleted User - 312108

@The Unbeliever Yes, 'gain good' quests I don't mind. I would object to all t1 productions just because I don't like having non-boosted. And agreed, there are a lot of options. Personally, how you feel about VV is rather how I feel about buy KP. I feel that should be a gain KP (excellent way to slow down players!) I do mind how often they have occurred. I currently had 6 on beta.

In many ways what you have mirrored my suggestion in the suggestion box with some differences regarding actual quests but not too far off on the concepts. But basically quests are group as free/minor/medium/costly/extremely costly. I did a once in x many days frequency but your suggestion of this quest occurs once in a given number of quests makes a lot more sense. I may have to go update my suggestion based on this, especially given how fast some players progress through quests

I hope that they tweak it a bit more and some of the quests I'd like to be a one-time or rare occurrence.

The Unbeliever

@The Unbeliever Yes, 'gain good' quests I don't mind. I would object to all t1 productions just because I don't like having non-boosted. And agreed, there are a lot of options. Personally, how you feel about VV is rather how I feel about buy KP. I feel that should be a gain KP (excellent way to slow down players!) I do mind how often they have occurred. I currently had 6 on beta.

In many ways what you have mirrored my suggestion in the suggestion box with some differences regarding actual quests but not too far off on the concepts. But basically quests are group as free/minor/medium/costly/extremely costly. I did a once in x many days frequency but your suggestion of this quest occurs once in a given number of quests makes a lot more sense. I may have to go update my suggestion based on this, especially given how fast some players progress through quests

I hope that they tweak it a bit more and some of the quests I'd like to be a one-time or rare occurrence.
I dislike having non-boosted as well, but then, if having to put in some temporary non-boosted T1's is the sacrifice to drastically reduce the frequency of the horriawful gak like gain/scout provinces, upgrade Lv15+, research techs, buy kp's, etc..., then it's a compromise I will gladly make every. single. time!;)

I honestly miss the days of the heinous "produce 5min production 80-100x"... yeah that's nasty grind - but it always gave me more sense of accomplishment when I finally chugged through it and polished it off.
A lot more so than the current level of sheer rage-inducing frustration that is the "hope the RNG wheel doesn't screw you over yet again!", or the 2017? gathering herds event with it's, "lolz! throw away 1,000,000 of each T3 for no reason!" levels of BS.

Mind you, as awful as Herds was, this year's Mermaid's event definitely far, far, far worse!

Deleted User - 312108

I dislike having non-boosted as well, but then, if having to put in some temporary non-boosted T1's is the sacrifice to drastically reduce the frequency of the horriawful gak like gain/scout provinces, upgrade Lv15+, research techs, buy kp's, etc..., then it's a compromise I will gladly make every. single. time!;)

I honestly miss the days of the heinous "produce 5min production 80-100x"... yeah that's nasty grind - but it always gave me more sense of accomplishment when I finally chugged through it and polished it off.
A lot more so than the current level of sheer rage-inducing frustration that is the "hope the RNG wheel doesn't screw you over yet again!", or the 2017? gathering herds event with it's, "lolz! throw away 1,000,000 of each T3 for no reason!" levels of BS.

Mind you, as awful as Herds was, this year's Mermaid's event definitely far, far, far worse!
Fortunately that was during my time away from the game :) I get what you are saying and yes, there are advantaged to having a couple sets of t1 - one being that space for it is equivalent for everyone. I don't miss the massive amounts of 5 min productions. I find the 25 run for the 5 min and 15 run for 15 min nicely doable (though sometimes those still take me 3 hours) :) But yeah, for some of the scout/research/but KP/MA quests - can I please have t1 boosted 9 hour x10? I mean that will delay me, but not feel so awful. The encounter/tourney encounter I would not object to so much if they were scaled down (or varied by level) and ONLY occurred during the tourney. In chapter 6, I average 24/28 provinces in a day - 50 is too much. And encounters... again problem is over-scouting etc, right now for all my cities I think everything is currently hard or very hard. So it's expensive and icky.

neeronie

I play on both - When I log into my mobile app after the tournament I do not see the rewards displayed. I do see them displayed even if I log into the browser after several times.

If you have gotten something like Royal Restoration or another thing that is easily confirmed - could she check for those? I do not recall seeing it on the bug list, but I do know that they do not display, but I am not sure if that means they aren't being given out. I checked the bug reports here and on beta and do not see anything. I'll try to double check next week.
Thank you for the answer. I told her to put in a ticket. I know we did not finish the 4th chest so no RR. If there is a bug, Support will see, if not, they will let her know she did get it or fix the situation.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Hm, as I said in a post Saturday night, I maxed out the Paradise in just under six days, and that was with the lower coral rewards of the pre-64 coral quests. If the quests stay at 64 the remaining days for me, I could get enough to max out another three, or even four, more Paradises. Not like I would put them out, but that is a lot of spell fragments, which I am always out of, but more importantly, that would take me through the grand prize rotation at least three more times, which means at least three more Trading Posts. It would be a lot of work, but I may just try and see how far I can go. :)

Deleted User - 312108

Hm, as I said in a post Saturday night, I maxed out the Paradise in just under six days, and that was with the lower coral rewards of the pre-64 coral quests. If the quests stay at 64 the remaining days for me, I could get enough to max out another three, or even four, more Paradises. Not like I would put them out, but that is a lot of spell fragments, which I am always out of, but more importantly, that would take me through the grand prize rotation at least three more times, which means at least three more Trading Posts. It would be a lot of work, but I may just try and see how far I can go. :)
More power to you - I am not sure it's a good thing or a bad thing :). I'm close to one trading post on beta - but it'll be tomorrow most likely before I get that far as I don't particularly care to roll for 30 AW KP.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
More power to you - I am not sure it's a good thing or a bad thing :).

It is probably a bad thing for Inno. The past two events with evolving buildings, I spent money on a small event material package on the final day each time to get one more artifact for each. And the event before that, I did the same thing on the final day to barely get the Jester's Tavern. This time around there is absolutely no reason for me to spend anything at all on this event, and that is probably true for a lot of other players.

Deleted User - 312108

It is probably a bad thing for Inno. The past two events with evolving buildings, I spent money on a small event material package on the final day each time to get one more artifact for each. And the event before that, I did the same thing on the final day to barely get the Jester's Tavern. This time around there is absolutely no reason for me to spend anything at all on this event, and that is probably true for a lot of other players.
That leads back to my testing comment. I don't think this was an intended consequence. It also leads to a significant gain of wishing wells - which off-sets purchases for diamonds. I guess we'll see with how the next event works.
You already know my thoughts since I have been very vocal :)

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

This event has effectively stalled my city growth for a month, unless I choose not to help my city by getting all the instants I can snag up, along with a few dailies I hope to add to my collection, I don't have the space to finish out my elemental settlement and have enough small factories / workshops to make any reasonable progress toward the quests, with the random factor chucked in there.
Same :oops:

Deleted User - 3932582

Cheaper quests were also easier to complete, so there is that. And are you sure about your capacity to gain 30-35 more Artifacts in 64 loop? How many provinces do you still have available for "Complete 2 provinces" quest (and potentially encounters)? 15 VV would probably need at least 4 catalysts, probably more. You can burn some time boosters, but I assume you don't have unlimited supply. Also, with 1/2 days productions even if you breeze through 2-3 cycles with pre-build, eventually you will need to replenish the stock. These things will likely slow you down.

More importantly, this sounds like a very expensive way to gain spell fragments if you don't want any of the dailies badly. And as much as l like Trading Outposts, going through a whole grand prize rotation just for 1 sounds too expensive to me. If they would be offered as a daily (like the last time), that could be a different story...

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Personally I love the spell fragments quest, probably the easiest one next to trading quests. That said I understand it could be harder for some players depending on where they are at. I think the use of or quests just needs to be used more liberally to accommodate situations.

The VV quests are more of a joke as they rely on the randomness of the crafting system once they start requiring more of these than the most common crafts provide.

Alistaire

And are you sure about your capacity to gain 30-35 more Artifacts in 64 loop?

Yeah 4 total buildings seems a bit much. I'm in the same boat as them, but with some advantages. This event's horribly unbalanced, but just in favor of how I'd been playing. I had been pushing provinces out as far as possible in order to make all the last ones I need "very easy". So now i have over 60 provinces like that to put me at the amount needed for constructs (on halflings now) I plowed through a bunch on the 4x14 hr time instant day too. So right now I'm 4 artifacts away from 2nd complete, with 4428 coral (currently waiting on a simple tools quest so I may be able to shoot well past that even right now). stats site says I have over 260 t1s and a lot of that seems needed, which makes it so rough for 2x2 t1 people :(

I can see getting 3 completed. idk about 4+

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

Yeah 4 total buildings seems a bit much. I'm in the same boat as them, but with some advantages. This event's horribly unbalanced, but just in favor of how I'd been playing. I had been pushing provinces out as far as possible in order to make all the last ones I need "very easy". So now i have over 60 provinces like that to put me at the amount needed for constructs (on halflings now) I plowed through a bunch on the 4x14 hr time instant day too. So right now I'm 4 artifacts away from 2nd complete, with 4428 coral (currently waiting on a simple tools quest so I may be able to shoot well past that even right now). stats site says I have over 260 t1s and a lot of that seems needed, which makes it so rough for 2x2 t1 people :(

I can see getting 3 completed. idk about 4+
Not bad ;) But no workshops? Are you doing extreme quest cycling, or living off the supply instants?

I am plodding along with just 80 T1s, but I also have a fully built out Amuni settlement (and some workshops) ;) Still, I don't get why do you and Enevhar are planning to push that far - what for? I have almost reached the point where I have enough corals to get 2x L10 Mermaid Paradise. I didn't plan on the second, but it's practically guaranteed now. I see little reason to spend resources for more stuff. With that I should be able to get 30+ dailies, and all what I saw of interest so far is Manta Rays (going to get 10x to replace my aging Burning Pools), and time boosters. Basically, outside of Manta Rays everything else I am going to spend on time boosters (unless perhaps Trading Outpost will show up in the dailies). But once I reach the point of about 9-10K of corals I am going to take the foot off the gas (meaning no more spending time boosters on quests). It would be counterproductive to spend time boosts to gain (less) time boosts ;)

So what are you guys going for with your corals to justify spending extra resources on that?

Alistaire

Not bad ;) But no workshops?

Last tier has 2 ws quests, 19 simple tools and 25 beverages. It's so unbalanced toward t1. I have 7 ws up. Idle them on simple tools, it's no more than 30 minute wait. As for extreme quest cycling I've always done that. Those ws are all lv 1.

what for?

Honestly kinda treating this like a personal FA and just going all out to show off.

Last edited: