• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Summer Mermaids Event feedback

Alistaire

Yeah, you have 7 L1 ws, no regular upgraded ones...

And supply instants like a professional hoarder that I'll probably never use because of quests. :D

edit: and honestly, I'm more overflowing with supplies than ever because of Tome of Secrets and all the scouting

Last edited:

Alistaire

So another thing that could help an event like this: keep the random format within tiers...but let people look ahead to what they'll get next, either 1 or several quests ahead get listed, and as you complete them the next one fills in. Would still keep the random idea but allow at least some preparation.

CHANDY

Way to many 1 and 2 day quests, add to that 4 days to open new territories and you have a lot of time waiting. I too have no buildings to upgrade so my game ends there. The prizes are not very exciting but there are a few that are very good. I am interested in the portal profit bldg but have only seen it once. Idf the Easter island bldg just gives population, marble and ranking points its a poor payoff. Add a portal profit and you have something but...

Deleted User - 3932582

I have found and herd of other players not being able to do some of the challenges because they are not advances enough. They are unable to pass certain parts. Can we have a pass button?
If you're truly not advanced enough for some quests (e.g. chapter 1 before Magic Academy), then contact support and they'll skip that quest for you. Otherwise no, there is no "pass" button.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So another thing that could help an event like this: keep the random format within tiers...but let people look ahead to what they'll get next, either 1 or several quests ahead get listed, and as you complete them the next one fills in. Would still keep the random idea but allow at least some preparation.

Anyone not playing on the Beta server can already do this because the Beta players started the event two weeks before all the live servers started it. So there are lists of all the quests within each reward tier out there to use for prep, the main one being elvengems.com. That site has been mentioned, and the lists discussed, many times here in the past week, so anyone who comes to these forums and still does not look at them and use them to do at least some prep, is just hurting themselves.

neeronie

This needs some kind of reset quest button, either something like a set number of times per day allowed, or a small currency cost or somethin.
I should think so, for a 14 day event, there are a number of 2 day production quests, in some cases, scouting is also a day day effort. On top to that, you can get the same 2 day quests more than once. I have totally given up in my small city and depending on what quest I draw after I complete the 2 day production I am currently waiting on, I may give it up in my largest city too.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I should think so, for a 14 day event, there are a number of 2 day production quests, in some cases, scouting is also a day day effort. On top to that, you can get the same 2 day quests more than once. I have totally given up in my small city and depending on what quest I draw after I complete the 2 day production I am currently waiting on, I may give it up in my largest city too.

I don't know where you got that idea from, but the event is 25 days long, not 14.

Alistaire

Anyone not playing on the Beta server can already do this because the Beta players started the event two weeks before all the live servers started it. So there are lists of all the quests within each reward tier out there to use for prep, the main one being elvengems.com. That site has been mentioned, and the lists discussed, many times here in the past week, so anyone who comes to these forums and still does not look at them and use them to do at least some prep, is just hurting themselves.
No, I'm aware of that, but that's just knowing what's in your tier; I'm saying get a definite preview of what the rng gives you for your very next quest, and perhaps 1 or 2 more.

Queen Draggon

I looked at those same lists before the event started and did some "prep" as it were. Only problem is for all my prep all it kept giving me was VV quests over and over and over again. After that fully depleted my crafting supplies, I stopped doing the event as a dozen of those is not fun anymore. You can prep all u like but for many it hasn't done as much good as it could have.............................................

Deleted User - 312108

Currently a little heavy on 1 & 2 day builds....

upload_2019-8-14_9-44-9.png

Calenmir

I'm not going to read all the notes here about this event, but I've noticed a distinct 'targeting' of smaller cities with certain quests. Sinya Arda is my smallest city. In all my other Live World cities I've NOT had so much as one request for 48 hour productions. Yet in the space of two days I've had two requests for 48 hour productions in my smallest city. This clearly feels like targeting. The only reason it's been in a two day period is because I used time boosts to speed it up and pick them up today- moments ago I received yet another request for 48 hour productions.

I have 6 cities - one is in Beta and it's in Sorcerors and Dragons and it only received 1 request for 48 hour productions during the entire event. None of the other 4 live cities have had so much as 1 request for 48 hour productions. Though I now have them setup 'in case'.

If you are targeting smaller cities, because they do tend toward desperation in advancement and you think you can force them to pay cash to move forward faster, the that is poorly done Inno. This is the one reason why standard quests - applied to everyone - is necessary. Targeting smaller cities is just wrong - and yes, I know there are those of you who will disagree and that's your right to do so. I know that money is what keeps this game going but this obvious money grab at smaller cities is really poorly done.

FYI - when I mentioned it in chat, one other player said that the same was happening to them in beta - their city in beta is much smaller than mine. Perhaps that is not enough to convince some, but it did prove to me that I'm correct.

Let's go back to standard quest lists - one size fits all works for me. I do my best and all my cities know what to expect - success in it is on me. This type of play is clearly on you and the desired outcome it beyond obvious. I don't have disposable income, so you lost out on me and pushed me one step closer to considering closing this city.

And so we are clear - my beta city has now (today) been hit with the 4th request (in a 5 day period) to clear 2 provinces. There is no other option with that quest, so the quests are clearly NOT taking into consideration the player - pretty much it's play Inno's way or miss out. I'll be missing out in Sinya Arda.

The Unbeliever

I've given up on this event and just said "eff this gak".
Sick and tired of every 3rd or 4th quest being stupid "gain fragments" or "gain vision vapors"...

What is it with the Summer event always being such a giant, flaming pile of ork crap anyways?
Last year was the miserable, under powered set building that wouldn't fit into a nice clean square/rectangle, the year before was the trolling of "throw ALL your resources away because... 'reasons'."
And now this year is the randumb BS of "don't get RNG screwed!lolz"

Sucky event is the suckiest one yet.
Please don't ruin any more event with this kind of asinine stupidity. :(

CHANDY

WOW, Whoever came up with the idea that upsetting your players should be sent to the ork stable. Are you people not wise enough to know that we all spend small amounts of diamonds on these quests for make believe objects ? Really, this is absurd, my scout took 80 hrs then after 4 simple quests another 48 hr quest. Hey guys this only tells me one thing, your willing to cut your nose off to spite your face. Which by the way makes you an idiot.

Risen Malchiah

@The Unbeliever @chandy To be fair, this is probably in response to player feedback for years where people complained about finishing an event in 3 days and had "nothing to do". Well, this is what we get.

The randomness should have been thought out a little better to be fair on everyone. A limit on the extremely long builds, an equal set of quests for everyone but randomly rotated, or scaling more quests by chapter would all help in this regard. (Preferably all of the above.)

Black watch

@The Unbeliever @chandy To be fair, this is probably in response to player feedback for years where people complained about finishing an event in 3 days and had "nothing to do". Well, this is what we get.

The randomness should have been thought out a little better to be fair on everyone. A limit on the extremely long builds, an equal set of quests for everyone but randomly rotated, or scaling more quests by chapter would all help in this regard. (Preferably all of the above.)

I keep hearing about folks completing the events in record time... just how is that possible. I have to slog my way through the quests and I'm on a fair amount of time... just curious.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I keep hearing about folks completing the events in record time... just how is that possible. I have to slog my way through the quests and I'm on a fair amount of time... just curious.

Because all the events begin on the Beta server before they start on all the Live servers. It used to be one week in advance and then right before the last Winter event, or maybe even earlier, it changed to two weeks in advance. So that left players plenty of time to figure out most or all of the sequential quests with enough time to build a bunch of level 1 factories and workshops, scout provinces, make enchantments, troops, etc, and complete all the sequentials in just a day or two. Add in the coin rains and supply instants and time boosters and it became even easier. I personally, and others from what I have seen, did not generally even look at the spoiler lists before the event started on the Live servers, and even then, with my minimal prep of having level 1 production buildings and scouted provinces ready, I was usually able to finish all the sequential quests before the event was even halfway over. And for me, that was also while working on my current chapter. This is the first event for me since I finished chapter 14 and had nothing else to do besides the event and I had my Paradise completely finished in just short of 6 days, even with the semi-randomness.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I'm not going to read all the notes here about this event, but I've noticed a distinct 'targeting' of smaller cities with certain quests.

I have not seen anyone gather anywhere near the amount of data to warrant noticing this pattern. As others have maintained the quest selection is random within each tier. Your smaller city is unlucky, nothing else.

DeletedUser12171

i hate this quest format. unlimited quests should be tasks that can be done unlimited number of times, reasonably, AND a "skip" option should be given. E.g. the standard non-storyline repeatable quests.

luckily I don't care for the prizes this time, and thus am not overly bothered by the sucky quest system.