• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 02/2020] News from Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser20951

and you can't use tiny level one buildings for the never-ending string of quests.
Muahahahahahaha!!! If this is the only suggestion Inno implements of mine (I doubt I was the first, though, or that they got the idea from me), I will be both pleased and further convinced of their hatred for their player base. Still, that doesn't mitigate my sense of loathing for the shanty town method and I'll be learning mostly pleased, regardless, even as quest difficulty increases for all. *does happy spastic dance*

Deleted User - 3932582

I am not hearing good feedback from the Beta users regarding quests. Quests now require manufactory/workshop of your current chapter to make productions. This means the later chapters with the huge space that the manufactories/worhshops take up do not do well in completing the quests. It would be better weighted on the actual production amounts from these buildings rather than their quantity.
Oh dang, Inno is smooth. So here is how it goes:

1. Introduce T1 manufactory replacement event building (Mermaid Paradise). Make quest line never ending so players can win multiples.
2. Some players take the bait, and win multiple (like 6+) MPs and demolish their T1 manufactories because they are way more efficient without them.
3. The very next event Inno turns around, and requires upgraded T1 manufactories to do any semblance of progress in the event.
4. Players from #2 who were very happy with how they did are: "WTF just happened?"
5. ???
6. Profit!

Smooth, I tell ya ;)

The Unbeliever

I am not hearing good feedback from the Beta users regarding quests. Quests now require manufactory/workshop of your current chapter to make productions. This means the later chapters with the huge space that the manufactories/worhshops take up do not do well in completing the quests. It would be better weighted on the actual production amounts from these buildings rather than their quantity.
Yep, as seems to be the way with the Elvenar "durp" team, they see a problem and then try to solve by the dumbest means possible.:rolleyes:

Last event for example, they were upset at how some players were able to win "more grand prizes than intended."
Ask anyone with just a couple of brain cells to rub together, how to fix that, and the easy answers are;
1. reduce the amount of event currency given per solved quest.
AND
2. just remove the evolving building + extra upgrade kits from the prize rotation once a set limit has been reached!! (ie: once a player has won 2x Lv.1 + 18 upgrades, the 'grand prizes' simply rotate through the other prizes)

But nope. The team goes and finds the most bass-akwards way of doing things, and instead punishes everyone beyond Ch.3, while now making the event almost unplayable for the end game players.

What a joke.:mad::mad::mad:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Good thing there is usually a two-week gap between when something starts on Beta and on Live, so there is plenty of time for us end-game players who have no use for a bunch of tier 1 factories to level a couple up to at least chapter 9 version, which is only a level 20 building. Because Inno would NEVER require same-chapter factories and then have quests that require 1-day or 2-day productions, when that is impossible for a chapter 12+ player to do.

This quote from the Beta forum announcement for this Event sounds like maybe they thought about this first:

"Level 1 Manufactories and Workshops won't suffice in this case, but you're certain to be successful with these quests if your buildings have been upgraded at least to the levels that became available with the previous Chapter in Research (or if that Chapter didn't contain Research for an upgrade, the Chapter prior to that)."

Though this is still vague enough to worry me, since I am at the end of chapter 14 and the last chapter with tier 1 upgrades was 12, when they lost the ability to make 1 and 2-day productions.

The Unbeliever

Good thing there is usually a two-week gap between when something starts on Beta and on Live, so there is plenty of time for us end-game players who have no use for a bunch of tier 1 factories to level a couple up to at least chapter 9 version, which is only a level 20 building. Because Inno would NEVER require same-chapter factories and then have quests that require 1-day or 2-day productions, when that is impossible for a chapter 12+ player to do.
IIRC, the 1-day & 2-day quests have completed in the past for by using the 3hr & 9hr sentient goods options?
I seem to recall that my dad who's in Amuuni/Constructs in his cities has passes those quests by collecting his sentient goods at times?

Otherwise, yeah, end game players are special level of screwed over.:p

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
IIRC, the 1-day & 2-day quests have completed in the past for by using the 3hr & 9hr sentient goods options?
I seem to recall that my dad who's in Amuuni/Constructs in his cities has passes those quests by collecting his sentient goods at times?

Otherwise, yeah, end game players are special level of screwed over.:p

The only time I have seen that work is in the little Crafting Challenges, where the sentient productions gave the same rewards as the normal 1 and 2-day productions. I do not remember that being true in any other events.

Deleted User - 3932582

That's a lot of extra pop for those manufactories. And make sure you have enough upgraded workshops because they have similar requirements, and unlike T1 there are upgrades for WS every chapter. L30 workshops take a loooong time to upgrade. And 1d WS productions are definitely a thing in the quest line...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That's a lot of extra pop for those manufactories. And make sure you have enough upgraded workshops because they have similar requirements, and unlike T1 there are upgrades for WS every chapter. L30 workshops take a loooong time to upgrade. And 1d WS productions are definitely a thing in the quest line...

I have kept 10 maxed workshops for several chapters now, so I am not worried about those, but I only have 1 Marble built, so I will be building up at least one more of those, maybe two. I hope that folks on Beta will let us know soon what level works for tier 1 factories for players in chapters 12-14.

kctanzen

This will effectively kill my ability to gain any significant amounts of event currency -- so I'll just buckle down and work harder at improving my ability to farm tourney provinces. The sets / buildings I have now or in storage should be more than adequate with RR upgrades long into my post constructs play ... if I last that long. The scout / clear encounter event steps were already stretching the limits of possiblity.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This will be insanely hilarious when the vast majority of players, who BTW don't follow the forums at all, will get a nasty surprise about now requiring current or previous chapter buildings to even participate. :eek:

Yeah, the usual one or two day advance notice will not be enough at all. This one really needs an in-game notice of at least a week before the event starts on the regular servers.

And everyone else, elvengems already has a bunch of potential quests listed. It appears that everyone get the first 29 quests in the same order, so there is a bit of planning that can be done:

https://elvengems.com/autumn-zodiac/quests/

There is one Scout Province task in the first 29 that does not have an OR option. After that, the known Scout Province tasks only have an OR option of Research, which may as well not exist for all us players done with Chapter 14.

Also, in regard to the workshop and factories, there are 24-hour workshop tasks, but nothing listed yet for 24 or 48-hour factory tasks.

Alistaire

Ya know what doesn't take a long time to upgrade? Magic workshops...they're definitely pushing for people to get those.

edit: anyway, I just sent in a complaint regarding this...but couldn't really find something dedicated to that, had to use the "other" option on submitting a ticket. Is there a better way for that?

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Ya know what doesn't take a long time to upgrade? Magic workshops...they're definitely pushing for people to get those.

So those who already have magic workshops, and have opted to use fewer workshops as a result, will now be under the gun to buy more magic workshops that they do not need; while those who do not buy magical workshops and have more workshops as a result, start out with an advantage? This is the complaint from Beta. Past purchases and the resulting play style are being penalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.