• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonder Helper Restriction

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I am currently leveling up my Needles of the Tempest and I have had 7 people add a few points each. Only one of them is from my Fellowship and none of them are anyone I have discovered, and are either too small or too far away from me to have had discovered me. This kind of thing bothers me and I hate this kind of random helper, as I do not want help from someone who is trolling around the map looking for places to dump 3 or 5 KP into random Wonders. I would like to see a way to limit AW helpers to Fellowship-only or to Discovered-only, so that the people who deserve the rewards from helping can actually get them.

DeletedUser4699

What, something magical happens when someone discovers your city, that amazingly transforms them from troll to wondrous blessed helper? What happens if they discover your city after they've donated? Do they still not 'deserve' (lol) the rewards? Perhaps you could just be thankful for the free kp donated to your wonder, and get over it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What, something magical happens when someone discovers your city, that amazingly transforms them from troll to wondrous blessed helper? What happens if they discover your city after they've donated? Do they still not 'deserve' (lol) the rewards? Perhaps you could just be thankful for the free kp donated to your wonder, and get over it.

I do not want their help. I do not want some random troll spending hours roaming the map looking for places to dump a couple of useless points of KP. I would rather spend my own KP than get theirs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4699

I do not want their help. I do not want some random troll spending hours roaming the map looking for places to dump a couple of useless points of KP. I would rather spend my own KP than get theirs. And since this can only be done on the browser, some of these people may be cheating by using a bot or hacks or scripts to do this while they are not even at their computer. And don't say this cannot be done, because any game played in a browser window can have these kind of cheats written for it. I have seen it happen in other games and I have seen those other games ban players for using them.

1523465336072-Screen-Shot-2018-04-11-at-120751-PM.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
An even better idea would be, before the Wonder is full, to have the ability to reject, or eject someone's KP. Over the years I have played, more than once I have looked at the KP added and seen a player long since gone inactive, or a player that bailed on the fellowship or was kicked out. Those players neither need nor deserve anything for their KP, while other helpers are hurt by it.

DeletedUser4699

An even better idea would be, before the Wonder is full, to have the ability to reject, or eject someone's KP. Over the years I have played, more than once I have looked at the KP added and seen a player long since gone inactive, or a player that bailed on the fellowship or was kicked out. Those players neither need nor deserve anything for their KP, while other helpers are hurt by it.

This really isn't a good idea. No-one will want to donate to anyone's wonders anymore because at any point, players like you will be having one of your 'days' and just decide to boot all their points out of the wonder on a whim or whatever reason strikes your fancy at that particular moment. With that cloud of potential misuse hanging over their heads all the time, what's the point of anyone donating?
And really, what kind of helper is hurt by a 3kp donation? A 1kp donator hoping for an easy help chest? Seems to me that a 3kp donation would be more 'deserving' than a 1kp donator. Unless your OP isn't really what all this is about? Your flawed reasoning had already been refuted, questions asked that were ignored, and a suggested fix (that wouldn't wreck the AW donation economy for everyone else) had already been given.
But I have a feeling all of this will have been as effective as a fly in a tornado.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

DeletedUser20951

I've posted about this before, and the hostility is not surprising (although disappointing). I've also spoken to players, most who see me up in the top fifty of tournament ranking and donate a point to my Wonders, and there is usually no ill will, they just want to snag a chest without interfering with Fellowship KP threads, if applicable, but it does annoy me, as well, those who seem to want to benefit for the least cost to themselves possible. I hate to say, "ignore it", since it diminishes your complaint, but this might be a case for it.

DeletedUser4699

Look, I don't know what's really going on with you and your FS/neighbors and these AW's. It's none of my business, I don't wish to know. But it's got you riled up, and obviously my method of communication doesn't jive with your method of communication. I realize at this point, you don't want to hear anything I've got to say - and I'll try to say this without any bent of humour or twists of any sort - This was a very unsettling suggestion thread to come across today. I do hope that you will be able to take a step back, and see how it may have been a bit hastily put-together. The premise of it does trivialize and de-personalize the human beings on the other end of every city. Treating them as if most were simply bots auto-generated is a dangerous and slippery slope, and takes away from the community aspect of the game. With your implementation, it would be the beginnings of this just being a single-player console game. There were no long-term effects taken into consideration with your plan, it seemed to be just a reflex reaction to an emotion based around harsh judgements against cities that only wild assumptions were made about, a plan to eradicate the ability of players to have any affect/influence in what is currently a multi-player game. Seeing your suggestion go from deciding who could donate change into having absolute power to eradicate even after your idea to have already decided who could donate - that would start creating such a non-nurturing environment, and would be such a stark contrast to what this game has always represented. We have to be able to think bigger than ourselves, beyond ourselves.
Going by our forum join dates, we've been a part of this game for roughly the same amount of time. Neither of us would still be here if we didn't enjoy this game and care about what happens to it. I do fully understand that there are some unsavory types out there, playing the game in a manner that takes advantage of the system. But they really are the minority. You find what you look for, and if you look for the bad, you can't be surprised that you find bad everywhere you look. But if we look for the good, it too will spread, and our influence can be much better served.

We're human. We know how to be bad. That's always been the easy part. It the good that is the tricky bit. It seems like every day, I ask myself, "Why did I do that stupid thing?" I genuinely thought I was just making a good point today. I never for one second thought that I was going to make someone feel bullied. It has never, ever, ever, been something I have ever been accused of. For that, I truly and humbly apologize. Hopefully, after all this, you can understand what I was attempting to say, and maybe, just maybe, you will have a better perspective too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Laochra

I have always given KP to players on my map, as a thank you for taking my trades--if they are still yet undiscovered to me. They have all thanked me for helping to get their AWs upgraded faster {I even gave a handful of KP to @Sir Squirrel for making my beautiful sig & avatar}. Also, when I am recruiting, I will drop a few KP into an AW of a potential new member. I also will drop KP into the AWs of friends I find in other realms-just as a way of saying hello. I have never given KP with the intention or hope of gaining a reward chest--except in my own fellowships-when it was an AW I was wanting to build. I guess this makes me a bad person? :oops:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I've benefited from @Laochra donating KP a number of times since I discovered her in the neighbourhood.

It's perfectly fine to not be thankful for a gift you didn't want, but to suggest the developers throw up walls to stop it is pretty selfish. It removes one of the few ways for players who are not in an FS together to "communicate" their gratitude to a larger player they haven't yet discovered.

If you don't want donations from strangers, make sure you have enough trades within your friends that nobody can get more than they put in. I never put KP into my own AWs. We have several threads for trading 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, and 30 KP. To get any freebie out of one of my AWs, a stranger has to put in at least 30-40 points, and always more than they get back. If a neighbour donates a few, I suggest trading about 50 back-and-forth so they have a chance of actually getting a return. And at the same time, I usually get a chest back from them. Equitable all around.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
Seeing as the prizes a player gets from the chests when a wonder is upgraded don't come from my inventory, I cant really see the problem here. If someone throws some extra KP's in to help upgrade one of my wonders I have no problem with it and if they get a free reward for it, good for them. Of course this is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Alistaire

This often happens with mobile-only players, they get "scouted" as people who are good targets to donate to for rewards. And others just don't have very active swap threads, or not active enough for their personal needs. You really shouldn't take it as an insult. And you have every right to send your FS a message to bump people out. I'm in a group that does this from time to time, so I would be absolutely opposed to this kind of change.

DeletedUser16929

that would be like having a butten to eject you out of the game..... sound toooooo ridiculous! :D:D:):):D:):):D:D