• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6189

Ugh ... I hate raging and griefing ... but this was my morning.

I get stopped in the questline (still pretty early in it, btw ... earlier than I'd like to be) because I need 4 Groceries (from current level) ... set up my Magic Workshop and two others for the night, because I saw the announcements that 1) I wouldn't see as many Workshop quests and 2) Magic ones would count for two. I wake up and collect the groceries only to have the quest box pop up empty and give me the keys anyways (which was everyone's experience with whatever quest they were working on) ... so that means I could have been using those workshops for something else, so I'm left feeling like I wasted 9hrs.

But at least I got the keys, so I move on ... what's the next quest? 1hr workshops. Oh well, at least it's not a long one, even though it IS another workshop quest, right after they said I'd be seeing those less. So I set up the Bread and wait an hour. That one's finished ... YAY!

Next quest? ... 9hr workshop productions.

Screw this event.

neeronie

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please take a moment to let us know what you think about our Autumn Zodiac event!

We hope you enjoy it and we look forward to hearing what you think!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team
Not a good plan, the changes about building in the current or previous Chapter means the production I need for my usual needs is tied up. Can't plan ahead much as in the last event but the list of daily prizes is not available either so I can't even plan for that. In order to get to crafting for vision vapor, I collected a catalysts earlier than need and the next quest I got was make a catalyst. Frustrating situations don't make for fun. I don't mean to be ugly about it but you asked and I needed to say what I think. I am not sure it is worth the effort in either my Chapter 13 city or my Chapter 6 city.

The Unbeliever

This will be my very last event until Inno pulls their head outa their --- and stops actively working to screw over players in such an obvious effort
to simply bleed our wallets dry.

Every day I'm becoming less and less inclined to even log into my two Elvenar cities because it just seems more and more like a friggin' chore to do anything in this game...
Meanwhile, I'm spending more and more time on my two FoE cities, because there's so much fun to be had there, and events are even playable without spending a single diamond!! (and the upcoming Halloween event is looking so much fun, I'll probably throw some dias at it!)

At this point, I'm close to just saying "feth it" and quitting Elvenar all together... only thing currently keeping me here is my fellowship in K-world.

Barnsley

Just a small point.. Yesterday I started a city in Harandar. Had only been playing there for a couple of hours.. building my city, doing a few provinces, getting on with research.. and claiming some quests in the event along the way.. when I'm presented with "collect vision vapor". Whaaat? I'm days away from getting anywhere near that! Haven't even got all t1 manufs yet, let alone a trader! The academy might as well be in the next galaxy, that's how close it feels!

DeletedUser6189

Just a small point.. Yesterday I started a city in Harandar. Had only been playing there for a couple of hours.. building my city, doing a few provinces, getting on with research.. and claiming some quests in the event along the way.. when I'm presented with "collect vision vapor". Whaaat? I'm days away from getting anywhere near that! Haven't even got all t1 manufs yet, let alone a trader! The academy might as well be in the next galaxy, that's how close it feels!

Yeah, it used to be that the devs intentionally put together the quest lists so that early players could get into them for prizes just like later players could. Now I don't think anyone could ever JUST start a city and expect to go far, because of the T1 quests, BUT the new emphasis on magic items, like enchantments, Vapor, Fragments, and Catalysts has kind of killed that approach altogether.

DeletedUser3595

Hello,

I play in four active cities. Two of them just started the Amuni chapter -- and I have not even finished the first few researches.

My ability to play in the event has come to a screeching halt. Although I have level 23 factories, they do not count toward the chapter -1 requirement for making buildings. Which means, I cannot go any further in the event. Sadly. Or rather, go only very slowly because I only have one factory that meets the requirements.

I do not want to upgrade my buildings to where I cannot use one or two day productions, as they come in very handy. Plus, the resource cost is prohibitive.

The idea to allow everyone to play on equitable footing deserves kudos. With the workshops at research -3, perhaps looking at factories the same way will also allow for equitable play on the higher levels.

Here's to hoping the bears and the ability to upgrade appear in the magic academies!

--KM

Forgive me if this has been brought up already because I did not read all 12 pages of this thread.

I feel that there needs to be some sort of probability adjustment applied to certain quests. I have gotten the scout/research/15 vapor quest four times in the last few hours. This is incredibly taxing and could easily cause the average player to fall incredibly short of their goals for the event. There have always been some quests that are harder than others, but because you could plan ahead it was manageable and Inno seemed to understand that they should not place these difficult quests several in a row or with too much frequency. The last event we couldn't plan so much but there were more workshop and manufactory quests that we could prepare for with a lot of level 1 buildings. Now with the combination of random quests and less production quests, it leaves the chances of getting those very difficult quests too high. My sister said she is having the same problem in her cities. Maybe we are both just unlucky? Or maybe there really is some adjustment that needs to happen to make this event enjoyable and playable.

DeletedUser6189

The live Q&A on FB said the current level requirement was in response to feedback that people didn't like having to build lvl 1 buildings to do well.

Sooooo the solution was to simply force players to use current buildings without providing anything for players to accomplish what those lvl 1 buildings actually let us accomplish, which was a way to progress through the quests quicker in order to give us better chances of getting the most out of the events.

Ex. Produce 3 Toolboxes.

In previous events, I could build three lvl1 workshops and have these productions complete before the quest came up. It took extra space, but not a lot ... and sometimes, if I was in the middle of a chapter, I couldn't do it. Part of the game and timing ... no big deal.

NOW I'm forced to tie up three of my current workshops for a full day, reducing my supply input, and making it so that I cannot complete ANY other quests for a full 24 hours.

Beyond that, I used to be able to use 12 squares in my city to make those Toolboxes. Now I have to use 63 squares to accomplish the same task (and that's assuming that I have the population and culture required to build 3 extra workshops up to level 26 because I'm in Chapter 14). If I use my current level workshops, I have to use 72 squares instead.

And what's worse? Because of the random quests, I can't plan ahead for this quest AND it's not outside the realm of possibility that I could get the exact same quest after this one is done, OR at least another one that is almost as bad (like Produce 4 Baskets of Groceries).

If we're insistent upon requiring more current level buildings, then the number of productions required for the quests needs to be dramatically reduced (i.e. 1 Toolbox, 1 Groceries, 2 Advanced Tools, etc.) so that we actually have a chance of getting somewhere. Otherwise, it doesn't matter how cute the bears are or how great they are for our cities, we'll never be able to get the upgrades needed to fully upgrade one of them, let alone 2 or 3, as the devs seemed to suggest was even possible in the FB Q&A. :/

Socrates28

I've gotten "scout 1 province or research 1 technology or gain 15 vision vapor" FIVE TIMES just today. With 1 other quest in between each. Grrrrrr... I'm out of time instants and research.
I am right behind you. I got it 4 times today, once back to back. Yesterday it was 4 complete 25 Tournament yada, yada...
I will go against the grain and say go back to the ws quests! Those only take relatively short periods of time and do not take days to complete.
Yep, this was a not good thing! Nerf it is!

qaccy

@Balderdinger I think it's obvious that Inno never intended players to use level 1 buildings in the first place. That is to say, this whole time, events have been designed under the assumption that current-level buildings were being used. This is why the numbers haven't really gone down to go along with the introduction of ensuring current buildings are used, because Inno's been using those numbers from the start. In other words, it's intended that you'd be 'tying up' your workshops for these quests rather than avoiding that by using level 1 buildings instead. It's this return to the intended design that anyone who made use of the level 1 strategy is going to have to adapt to.

However, with the unpredictability of quests being random this is making matters seem a lot worse than they would be if we still had a set order for quests to appear in. In particular, not being able to 'queue up' multiple quest objectives in advance while progressing through shorter ones is what seems to be rubbing people the wrong way. Seeing a small return to fixed quests at the start of this event I think is a good thing, since without giving some player control over the randomness I'd personally rather see events return to what they used to be.

Black watch

Good Morning,

We are aware of the issue explained above, a fix is in the work.

Xelenia

I hate to say this, but isn't Beta the time to work out issues and bugs?
Rushing to place things seems to have made poor compromises in some situations and add more issues that are affecting many more people in others.
Perhaps the extensive reworks of the events are not the way to go. I'm reminded of the saying, "throwing the baby out with the bathwater."
My friend who restored several old hot rods into show quality specimens , used to tell me, "I work on my cars until I break them, and then they need to be fixed."
Please stop fixing things that aren't broken and make a list of what people have been saying for years and work on those. If you need to tinker with events, then do so while it's in Beta and COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PLAYERS and let them know what your changes are going to be well ahead of time.
Oh, and please, no more INNO people dressed as bears or whatever.... that's just embarrassing... we're not 5 years old.

Alistaire

The live Q&A on FB said the current level requirement was in response to feedback that people didn't like having to build lvl 1 buildings to do well.
That's fine, it's just the proper solution to this (and the one even used in some of these quests!) would be "produce x" quests. Then you have the flexibility of producing whatever timeframes you want, and the more you can play the better, you still have incentive to speed things up with instants/diamonds, and the ability to use whatever level buildings you want but gain from them being levelled as much as possible. It even encourages magic ws!

Someone said in this thread this app makes 250k a month, and I think the devs think that's good or somethin. That's pennies compared to what some companies earn with pay to play or even f2p games. Whatever you make you can make more making better decisions. Catch more flies with honey than vinegar etc.

Deleted User - 312108

@Arleta Vesdun Hi Arleta, sadly, there isn't a sleep after you get a quest and you can get the same quest multiple times in a row. It also happens regularly with the scout/research and encounter/tourney encounter quest. It was cited as an issue both here and on beta, sadly, what did IG do... reduce the frequency of the workshop quests so this one is even more prevalent.

@qaccy I don't know, I recall carnival having something like produce 100 beverages and nonsense like that. I do firmly believe they need to scale quests based on chapter levels. For a player in chapter 14, 45 tourney quests probably isn't a big deal but for anyone in 1-8 it's a multiday process (or we do the encounters, but less said of those the better). Quite simply I feel the arbitrary (yay I found my word again) currency award to each event quest is one of the biggest issues. They are 'attempting' to make the quests more 'difficult' because you get into a place where you earn 80 currency for each quest. This is the core failure of this event. If the currency awarded was based on the relative difficulty of the quest so if you had a 'free' quest such as give NH or post a trade you would gain 5 currency, if you had a low effort quest such as produce 5 beverages you gain 15 currency; for a medium effort quest such as gain 5 relics, gain 3 enchants, produce advanced tools x3, produce 1 9 hours t1 boosted who can 30 currency; for high cost quests such as Solve 5 encounters, scout/research and any of the MA related quests including spell fragments you gain 60-80 currency. This would enable a far higher frequency of easier quests and allows the more costly quests to be rarer. But that's just me. I do plan to pull some data some time this week and write this up as a more formalized suggestion - though granted I did that once already :)

@Black watch This is another integral failure on IGs part is that the event is still ongoing in beta. They do not allow enough time between beta and live for the large events to examine the feedback, examine what occurred and fix or make adjustments based on what happened to beta. Sadly I doubt they are going to change this.

@Aliaster Agreed, I too prefer quests that allow me to choose how to solve them. It's why I prefer gain relics to solve encounters and produce goods vs. a specific run type.

Black watch

@Balderdinger I think it's obvious that Inno never intended players to use level 1 buildings in the first place. That is to say, this whole time, events have been designed under the assumption that current-level buildings were being used. This is why the numbers haven't really gone down to go along with the introduction of ensuring current buildings are used, because Inno's been using those numbers from the start. In other words, it's intended that you'd be 'tying up' your workshops for these quests rather than avoiding that by using level 1 buildings instead. It's this return to the intended design that anyone who made use of the level 1 strategy is going to have to adapt to.

However, with the unpredictability of quests being random this is making matters seem a lot worse than they would be if we still had a set order for quests to appear in. In particular, not being able to 'queue up' multiple quest objectives in advance while progressing through shorter ones is what seems to be rubbing people the wrong way. Seeing a small return to fixed quests at the start of this event I think is a good thing, since without giving some player control over the randomness I'd personally rather see events return to what they used to be.

Perhaps what they could have done, is a fixed schedule until the "end", like the OLD events, where you could see what was coming, plan and execute to reach goal. THEN from that point on, introduce the random quests and unlimited continuation of the event for those able to continue.
They could have make adjustments at periods of completion if someone is able to push the "boundaries".
There are many "solutions" available to the problems existing and introduced, but reasonable well thought out fixes don't seem to be part of INNO's game plan.

qaccy

@Black watch I think we may just be expecting things to happen more quickly than they usually do. Fellowship Adventures are the perfect example here. How long did it take for them to reach the point they're at now where they're much more enjoyable than their initial release? A lot longer than most of us would have liked, and that's the takeaway here. Inno just does things like this slowly over many updates, and I think that's the way it should be because when they respond 'quickly' to something, as they've done in this event, it seems to only make things worse. In other words, the next couple of events are probably also going to be a bit rough as Inno experiments with this new format and we're probably going to have to exercise a bit more patience during this process. Cries to change things 'now now now' are probably not going to be realized until the next event to come up, if not even later than that. This event's basically finalized, so the only things we've been seeing are these messy and hasty 'hotfixes' that are only upsetting people even more.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A waste of the speed boosts I used to reduce them to 8 hours for overnight.
That's annoying. It is an example of the many reasons I no longer use speed boosts unless I am finishing the job while in game. Even if I'm throwing away part of the boost, I'm ust tired of using them then getting stuck away for so long they didn't do anything.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I got my fifth consecutive "gain 7 relics" quest a couple of hours ago. For a total of 35 relics required with no other quests in between. They are "very sorry" for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.