• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Who has the Brown Bear?

DeletedUser19458

What does the brown bear do to your training slot?

e.g. I have it maxed at 50% and feed it. My normal training slot (with AW bonus') takes 2hrs to make 2,000 troops, does the bear effect mean I produce 3,000 troops in 2hrs, or does it mean 3,000 troops in 3hrs?

If it's the former then great I think this is the one I want, even though the Dr. Strange bear looks way cooler :) But if it's the latter ... well I'm not so sure since that means it does nothing more than act like a temporary armory.

Also I assume you have to collect during the 12 hr window, not simply have them produced and waiting, to get the bonus troops?

Pheryll

Set Designer
What does the brown bear do to your training slot?

e.g. I have it maxed at 50% and feed it. My normal training slot (with AW bonus') takes 2hrs to make 2,000 troops, does the bear effect mean I produce 3,000 troops in 2hrs, or does it mean 3,000 troops in 3hrs?

Should be the former as it is basically the Simia Sapiens bonus and stacks with it, but keep in mind that it is at the point of collection that matters. So if you have 12hrs. worth of collection time for each of your barracks, training grounds, and mercenary camp, and then you filled each of them then your 36 hours of production would go up to 54 hours of production by feeding the brown bear right before you collect.

DeletedUser19014

Should be the former as it is basically the Simia Sapiens bonus and stacks with it, but keep in mind that it is at the point of collection that matters. So if you have 12hrs. worth of collection time for each of your barracks, training grounds, and mercenary camp, and then you filled each of them then your 36 hours of production would go up to 54 hours of production by feeding the brown bear right before you collect.

Can someone who has the bear verify that it works this way? I've been hoping it would, but wasn't sure, since leveling an armory seemed to only affect productions started after the building finished, not the ones already completed but not collected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Can someone who has the bear verify that it works this way? I've been hoping it would, but wasn't sure, since leveling an armory seemed to only affect productions started after the building finished, not the ones already completed but not collected.
You can look at the display in elvengems. I am not putting out my bear even if I get 9 artifacts. I will wait till the next chapter comes out, and then delete and recraft the bear to get it at chapter 15 troop output.

Deleted User - 3932582

You can look at the display in elvengems. I am not putting out my bear even if I get 9 artifacts. I will wait till the next chapter comes out, and then delete and recraft the bear to get it at chapter 15 troop output.
Given the frequency of useful recipes that I get from MA, I'd just spend 9 RRs - it's not that expensive. Is it even confirmed that Bears are going to be in the MA right away?

qaccy

The Brown Bear's effect doesn't have to be active when you start training units nor while they're being trained. Just make sure to feed it before you collect them and you're good to go!

Regarding the advice to train 5 slots' worth of units in all 3 military buildings before feeding...eh, I'd say that depends on what you need at the time. I'd rather focus on training exactly what I need for a tournament. Queuing up 5 slots in my Training Grounds costs me over 6 slots' worth of time in my Barracks or Mercenary Camp, which isn't worth it unless it's a dust (cerberus) or planks (orc strategist) tournament.

DeletedUser21110

Given the frequency of useful recipes that I get from MA, I'd just spend 9 RRs - it's not that expensive. Is it even confirmed that Bears are going to be in the MA right away?

Wait, are these event bears eventually going to be craftable in the MA?

DeletedUser21110

If bear artifacts come out for FA and/or challenges then yes they will likely add them in just as they did for phoenixes, stonehenge, and mermaid. The thing is if you already have the bear in your inventory or placed you will not be able to craft another instance of that bear.

That is good to know, I have the fire chicken placed, but the other two are sitting in my inventory 5 chapters back. So would it be beneficial to turn them into spell fragments and wait for them to turn up again in the MA and craft them when I get nine artifacts then?

qaccy

@Minas Tirith If you plan on actually using them at some point, that's probably a good idea. You'd have to use a lot of Royal Restorations to bring their chapter up otherwise. The feeding effect is the same regardless of what chapter the building is though, so if that's all you're interested in then it doesn't matter!

DeletedUser21110

@Minas Tirith If you plan on actually using them at some point, that's probably a good idea. You'd have to use a lot of Royal Restorations to bring their chapter up otherwise. The feeding effect is the same regardless of what chapter the building is though, so if that's all you're interested in then it doesn't matter!

Yes I know, the feeding effect stays the same :D

If u want them keep coming up in ur recipes til u have the 9 artifacts, sure :p

It never dawned on me till reading this thread just now. It has been a great deal of information I ascertained tonight. I guess I better craft the chess set and leave it in my inventory so I can get a chance at more pet food ;)

Black watch

The Brown Bear's effect doesn't have to be active when you start training units nor while they're being trained. Just make sure to feed it before you collect them and you're good to go!

Regarding the advice to train 5 slots' worth of units in all 3 military buildings before feeding...eh, I'd say that depends on what you need at the time. I'd rather focus on training exactly what I need for a tournament. Queuing up 5 slots in my Training Grounds costs me over 6 slots' worth of time in my Barracks or Mercenary Camp, which isn't worth it unless it's a dust (cerberus) or planks (orc strategist) tournament.

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit lost with this...
How is it, a person can train 5 slots worth of units in all three military buildings at the same time?
I must be shy of that ability or I missed something somewhere.

DeletedUser20951

How is it, a person can train 5 slots worth of units in all three military buildings at the same time?
If you don't collect the units from say, the Barracks, once they have finished training, you can then enter into the Training Grounds or Mercenary Camp and set more units to train until all three have fully trained queues ready to be collected at the same time.

DeletedUser23708

not sure it works on the chess set.... maybe we should ask someone who does, cause i never crafted any of them :p

@Minas Tirith @Arkadia Yup, the chess set's unique. Inno kinda thinks it's better than it is to limit us to just the one set, but it does look pretty cool so I don't mind having it in my city!

I'm missing something. What may or may not work on chest set? Sorry, I have a chess set but I'm not sure how it relates to pet food or brown bear. So please inform me :).

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I'm missing something. What may or may not work on chest set? Sorry, I have a chess set but I'm not sure how it relates to pet food or brown bear. So please inform me :).

The four chess set pieces and the five evolving buildings (soon to be eight once this event is over) and all considered unique by the crafting system. This means that once you craft one of those pieces, and either keep it in your inventory or place it in your city, it will not show up in the crafting rotation again until you sell or disenchant the one you have. So for each piece of them you have, that is one less option that can show up for crafting, giving all the other options a slightly better chance of showing up to be crafted.

Considering the high vision vapor value of most of these pieces, having them show up to craft can complete the Gain 15 Vision Vapor quest in one shot, if you have the fragments and catalysts to craft them.

DeletedUser23708

The four chess set pieces and the five evolving buildings (soon to be eight once this event is over) and all considered unique by the crafting system. This means that once you craft one of those pieces, and either keep it in your inventory or place it in your city, it will not show up in the crafting rotation again until you sell or disenchant the one you have. So for each piece of them you have, that is one less option that can show up for crafting, giving all the other options a slightly better chance of showing up to be crafted.

Considering the high vision vapor value of most of these pieces, having them show up to craft can complete the Gain 15 Vision Vapor quest in one shot, if you have the fragments and catalysts to craft them.

Thank you. I didn't know that. I just figured it wasn't my luck to get them. So if I sell off 1 piece at a time to craft, just the 1 will appear? We are not a 10 chest FS yet, so this would be the route I would take.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Thank you. I didn't know that. I just figured it wasn't my luck to get them. So if I sell off 1 piece at a time to craft, just the 1 will appear? We are not a 10 chest FS yet, so this would be the route I would take.

The main benefit of the chess set is the link bonus. Selling one piece at a time will take a while to recover as 1 additional recipe will occur infrequently. The better thing to do is, when the chess set seems to be getting stale, delete all pieces, and then replace all four much more quickly than doing it one piece at a time. Of course if you don't want the set you could always leave it in your inventory.