• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22683

I understand why you use a random generator to decide the next quest, but I've seriously gotten the "Solve 5/25 encounters" quest a solid 6 times, often several IN A ROW (and on a non-tourney week at that). Can't you somehow make sure that this doesn't happen? Especially IN A ROW. UGH. I was lucky I had several scouting areas waiting for me, but I've run out and now I have to wait 40+ hours for the next scout. THIS IS AGGRAVATING!

Pheryll

Set Designer
The math wizards have figured out that the 'average' key cost per GP trail spot is 23 and change.

Prefacing (again) that I'm not a math wizard ..
And I use MinMax's tool as my starting point

MinMax's starting point is much lower than your 23 initial. I understand that you wish to calculate conservatively, but be aware that average outcomes of those who use optimal strategies will perform much better than your calculations anticipate.

DeletedUser10594

This is the worst event that you guys have put out. There is absolutely zero chance that I will be able to get enough keys to get enough bear artifacts to upgrade even one of the buildings half way. The last event was pretty easy, and I liked it. But, this one is ridiculous. I'm not going out of my way to participate anymore.

DeletedUser6393

The new Quest mechanics are so torturous, I am getting very close to quitting the game... You fixed something that was NOT broken, and as a result, ruined everything that was fun about Events... Not being able to actually complete all the stacked quests early, and not being able to plot and plan on how to finish in the shortest amount of time, was MOST of the pleasure... Now with time consuming quests, often coming back to back to back, there is no way to plan, or even go about your daily gameplay during the event... My scouts take 3 days, and I have had that pop up 3 times in a row - the other options are just as nasty... Research is completed! And using timers to get Crafting items I don't want, is silly...

NOW I am out of provinces to clear thanks to Back to Back Negotiation, and I have gotten it again. Other option, Tournament, does not start until tomorrow... You could at least toss in the Spire option with them, since you have included it with Province encounters...

The first incarnation was bad, but at least we could load level 1 buildings with possible quest needs, and have them ready...

If you insist on using current buildings, I strongly suggest you bring back the numbered stacked quests, and stop the silliness of these neverending quests... (And while you are at it, edit the tip that comes up while loading the game about "if you like smaller buildings, have many of them"... Cause that is no longer an option...

Extremely disappointed in the Dev Team.....

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Okay that's true for "solve encounters" but it isn't true for relics:
upload_2019-9-30_11-27-56.png

rvtdragon1

Along with the knowledge that soon it will get even harder for the same payout (Eleven encounters or eleven relics is in your future....)

Nope. I have no more provinces. I was ready at the beginning of this thing with a lot of them ready to scout knowing there would be those quests. As I completed the 7/9/35/45/1 gazillion encounters, relics blah blah blah. I held off doing the 8th encounter thinking there would surely be complete a province. Not even that to hope for. There are none listed in any of the lists that I can find. So, with this final 9 I will be completely out of options until the tourny starts. But, as we did 10 chests last week my everything is depleted. (And, you tourny people just don't say it. I know.)

So, I will finish the 9, see what comes next and hope for the best. I'm not even going to try at this point. I have lost interest in something that has been one of the more enjoyable parts of the game to me since I started playing (Eldrasil Ascending several years ago.) Just no interest in the events, FA, whatever is thrown our way.

So, I went shopping and bought a boat load of stuff for my apartment. My RL will look nice, my city will look nice. As many have said (not to anybody's pleasure) you don't need to do the events. So right. I don't. I won't. I just don't care any more.

(And don't get me started on the Spire of Eternal Misery.)

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Nope. I have no more provinces. I was ready at the beginning of this thing with a lot of them ready to scout knowing there would be those quests. As I completed the 7/9/35/45/1 gazillion encounters, relics blah blah blah. I held off doing the 8th encounter thinking there would surely be complete a province. Not even that to hope for. There are none listed in any of the lists that I can find. So, with this final 9 I will be completely out of options until the tourny starts. But, as we did 10 chests last week my everything is depleted. (And, you tourny people just don't say it. I know.)

Nope, no Complete Province quests at all this time. But I was still saving the final spot for completion for the Gain Relics quests because of the extra relics you get on completing the province.

rvtdragon1

You get relics for completing a province? So you get the 8 for each encounter plus more in addition? How have I never known this? I will watch the next province I complete. You never know everything there is to know here in Elvenar. TY.

DeletedUser21745

Like everyone else I have been plagued with repeated loops of "Scout a province, complete a research of gain 15 Vision Vapor" back-to-back but I would like to happily report that over the past two days I have seen a noticeable improvement of game play for the event.

After repeated "Scout a province..." in a row I have seen the following tasks

- Gain 9 relics
- Produce simple tools 9 times
- Produce toolboxes 3 times
- Produce simple tools 9 times
- Gain 6 Vision vapor or research 1 technology
- produce 3 stacks of units.
- produce 5 decorative pillars
- gain a fair amount of supplies
- produce 3 stacks of units. <-- currently working on this one

I don't know what is causing this to become more random but in the past two days I have done the following;
- cleaned up my city by removing 5 extra level 1 workshops
- started the set of quest #90+

I can't think of anything else that I have done differently

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You get relics for completing a province? So you get the 8 for each encounter plus more in addition? How have I never known this? I will watch the next province I complete. You never know everything there is to know here in Elvenar. TY.

Yes, one for each spot, plus one for the actual completion of the province, or more than one if you build and level up the Endless Excavation Wonder to at least level 6. :)

Alistaire

A show of "good faith" with some sort of compromise, would be something that I would NOT complain about....just sayin'.
That's just it though, this wasn't a compromise. It was announced as one though, so we're left with 2 options: either they thought it was and bungled it, or as someone else suggested, this really was intended as a nerf because they thought the previous situation was too good. If that's the case that's pretty bad, not only did they nerf an event but basically lied about that being the intent. So, I'd rather not believe that was the case, and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Either way though, I'm not complaining about a compromise.

WizardKrieg

The new Quest mechanics are so torturous, I am getting very close to quitting the game... You fixed something that was NOT broken, and as a result, ruined everything that was fun about Events... Not being able to actually complete all the stacked quests early, and not being able to plot and plan on how to finish in the shortest amount of time, was MOST of the pleasure... Now with time consuming quests, often coming back to back to back, there is no way to plan, or even go about your daily gameplay during the event... My scouts take 3 days, and I have had that pop up 3 times in a row - the other options are just as nasty... Research is completed! And using timers to get Crafting items I don't want, is silly...

NOW I am out of provinces to clear thanks to Back to Back Negotiation, and I have gotten it again. Other option, Tournament, does not start until tomorrow... You could at least toss in the Spire option with them, since you have included it with Province encounters...

The first incarnation was bad, but at least we could load level 1 buildings with possible quest needs, and have them ready...

If you insist on using current buildings, I strongly suggest you bring back the numbered stacked quests, and stop the silliness of these neverending quests... (And while you are at it, edit the tip that comes up while loading the game about "if you like smaller buildings, have many of them"... Cause that is no longer an option...

Extremely disappointed in the Dev Team.....

Oh, it WAS broken, you weren't spending enough......We are all disappointed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.