• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlamDoll

What the hell was wrong with sets?

I will NOT even admit to everyone here, how many times I have asked this question to myself.....because??? The only reasoning I can muster, is it was not lucrative enough for IG.

Please allow me to rephrase....Only speaking for myself here, but in my experience, thus far, regarding events....I did better with sets vs lvl 10 buildings.

For whatever it is/isn't worth, I have mused AND still am! Over this very question.

Alistaire

Yup. DON'T SPEND. :p
Also, even if some people do spend, it should be taken into account how many people are saying this. Even Hollywood follows this: there's several examples of billion or near-billion dollar movies that plans for a sequel get cancelled because of bad reception. The idea is that even if people see a movie that much, if they all leave there thinking their ticket was a waste of their money, they're a lot less likely "to get fooled again."

Pheryll

Set Designer
I will NOT even admit to everyone here, how many times I have asked this question to myself.....because??? The only reasoning I can muster, is it was not lucrative enough for IG.

The thing with sets is that you can proceed in a direction that the designers had not planned on by concentrating on certain productions over others. For example, with the winter market set you could have 4 carved trees with 2 links for a very large concentration of mana over a decent number of squares without being heavily diluted by the buildings in between. For the spire's moonstone set, you can have a heavily tree gum focus without using the library itself. Yes, this allows for a lot more creativity, but it also means (especially with RRs) there will be less of a need to get the other sets or prizes that later events offer.

Alistaire

The thing with sets is that you can proceed in a direction that the designers had not planned on by concentrating on certain productions over others. For example, with the winter market set you could have 4 carved trees with 2 links for a very large concentration of mana over a decent number of squares without being heavily diluted by the buildings in between. For the spire's moonstone set, you can have a heavily tree gum focus without using the library itself. Yes, this allows for a lot more creativity, but it also means (especially with RRs) there will be less of a need to get the other sets or prizes that later events offer.
They could however do sets the way artifacts are being handled, and/or limit or outright prevent people from getting more than x certain amount of buildings. Especially after seeing the numbers from MinMax Gamer's article, this should really be the way they go. Not necessarily a limit of 1 each, but whatever they feel acceptable.

GlamDoll

@Risen Malchiah I just wanted to give credit where it's due. Just a public shout out! I truly cannot thank you enough. If ever there was a "recent' example, of someone going the extra mile, with me....and if a trophy (or something) was awarded for it. I would nominate you without a blink.

Thank you!

Sorry that this thread, was temporarily interrupted. We now continue with it's normal broadcasts.

Had a momentary lapse of reason.

Back to our scheduled program.

TY for your understanding.

Thank you for sharing. I am fairly certain, I catch your "drift?", but, I just wish we could be afforded some creativity, without it "breaking" game balance. Does that make sense, or have I had too much to drink tonight? No, really.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The best feedback is always spoken with your wallet.

Eh, I got the 100% bonus diamond offer yesterday, so I bought the minimum deal so that I had enough diamonds for a couple of expansions when that 10% off deal shows up again. There also happened to be that "bonus keys with purchase" deal still active, so I got a whole 35 extra keys with my purchase. lol

But on purchases in general, the only time I have ever bought anything that was not diamonds, was over a three-event stretch of Winter, Phoenix, and Stonehenge, where I bought one of the special offers on the final day of each for the event currency for that event. That got me respectively the Jester's Tavern, an extra phoenix artifact and an extra stonehenge artifact. I should have known better about the stonehenge artifact and just had a level 9 Stonehenge and waited for them to show up again, as they did in this last FA. Mermaids was too easy to need to spend anything, and so far this one has been easy enough for me to not need to spend anything on event-specific stuff or to use any of my diamonds on the event.

Speaking of which, I found these in the trash behind Inno's office.

eb.png

Maybe they forgot to give them out to everyone? ;)

Captain Asgard

Also, even if some people do spend, it should be taken into account how many people are saying this. Even Hollywood follows this: there's several examples of billion or near-billion dollar movies that plans for a sequel get cancelled because of bad reception. The idea is that even if people see a movie that much, if they all leave there thinking their ticket was a waste of their money, they're a lot less likely "to get fooled again."

Exactly. Star Wars, and a couple of Star Trek, come to mind. As well as all of the Hellraiser films after Hellraiser II: Hellbound.

LOL @Enevhar Aldarion Yeah...they must have. Or maybe I found the case of warm cerveza. :eek:

Pheryll

Set Designer
Thank you for sharing. I am fairly certain, I catch your "drift?", but, I just wish we could be afforded some creativity, without it "breaking" game balance. Does that make sense, or have I had too much to drink tonight? No, really.

Keeping the pieces balanced within the set is definitely possible, it just requires the designers to think things through, and if the events aren't well thought through then... you catch my drift.

GlamDoll

Keeping the pieces balanced within the set is definitely possible, it just requires the designers to think things through, and if the events aren't well thought through then... you catch my drift.

I am totally "cool" with that. I just hope it happens at this point, then. If I am going to "lose" some control, over how I play Events, my city & my strategy....It would be nice, to at least have a "carrot-on-a-stick"....

I don't mind having to adapt, as long as there is a valid reason for it.

Edit: Hopefully, the Dev's will think it through... to keep it short & sweet.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

@MinMax Gamer You missed my city with 12? also relatively special circumstances, not repeatable etc, idk the person who got 11 so I can't compare. edit: or is the 11 mine just misreported? Honestly doesn't change much either way but I am curious if someone else got 11 and to hear their story about it. There was something in the message from inno after the event that implied someone else had gotten 11, they initially had given me 11 after a statement saying I'd earned 12 total, and said they had "copy/pasted" the thing that gave me 11 when they fixed it.
It's all you ;) As you can see from the numbers, no one else is close (the next city has only 6x L10 MPs). The snapshot data is not the most recent one - it's spread out over the last few weeks or so. So I picked up your city when it "only" had 11x MPs. Most people place their spoils right after the end of the event if not before, so that won't be a common occurrence.

I can imagine it might not be easy to find place for 12x MPs in one go ;)

DeletedUser20951

Since I much prefer to avoid significant over-scouting and have cleared all of the regular encounters I am comfortable with, I've been stuck for a couple days waiting for the tourney to start. Haven't been seeing the abundance of algorithm-broken quest repetitions that many are suffering from, possibly because I don't speed up quest completion with time boosts often. If this is the case, that how fast you finish quests is factored in and is giving you more time-consuming and/or difficult quests, that is asinine. Players should be rewarded for their effort and expense, not punished.

Anyway, WHERE IS THE THRICE-DAMNED EXPANSION DISCOUNT?! The time in between each appears to be growing (which may just be subjective because I don't record their frequency), but at this pace, I'll have enough diamonds to purchase two when it does come around. Not a big deal, but I'd rather have the space NOW.

DeletedUser19403

I just wanted to throw in my $0.02 about this event.

I much preferred the preset quest list, as it never gave you the same quest twice in a row, or even the same two tasks over four quests. I feel like I am now rotating through a pool of about three or four quests. Over and over. I recently had a quest pattern like this: Quest A, Quest B, Quest B, Quest A, Quest C, Quest C. Seriously? That was ridiculous. Maybe it was more work for the event planners, but please go back to planning out the first 100 - 120 quests, and then, maybe switch it to a "randomized" pool if the player gets them all done. (I put randomized in quotes because it hardly feels random at the moment. It's too much of the same thing).

And, I also much prefer the set buildings. My first big event was the Harvest Festival last year, and it was so much fun! I much preferred the way the cornucopia's worked to these random chests, or space balls, or whatever they are. And I loved my Harvest Temple Set (I was bummed when I had to get rid of it as it was only Chapter III, and the cost of Royal Restoration spells to bring it up was way too much. I still have my Kirit Weasel God (and two shrines), and have no plans to get rid of them anytime soon.) I really am not a fan of the evolving buildings. I purposely didn't evolve my Stonehenge past stage 6 as I don't really like the look of stages 7+. Same with the Mermaid's Paradise - I won't take that one past stage 7 either.

I was really looking forward to the fall event this year, but this one isn't much fun, at least not to me.

I just had to come back and edit this. After posting, I went back to my game on US2, and got "Recruit 2 Stacks of Units" FOR THE THIRD TIME IN A ROW!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alistaire

It's all you ;) As you can see from the numbers, no one else is close (the next city has only 6x L10 MPs). The snapshot data is not the most recent one - it's spread out over the last few weeks or so. So I picked up your city when it "only" had 11x MPs. Most people place their spoils right after the end of the event if not before, so that won't be a common occurrence.

I can imagine it might not be easy to find place for 12x MPs in one go ;)
ok, so when they said they copy/pasted my reward originally from someone else...let's say they were referring to another event? Maybe someone got 11 not on the US servers? idk, wouldn't be the worst thing ever if they were just...making that excuse up to cover some bad math. :)

qaccy

Since I much prefer to avoid significant over-scouting and have cleared all of the regular encounters I am comfortable with, I've been stuck for a couple days waiting for the tourney to start. Haven't been seeing the abundance of algorithm-broken quest repetitions that many are suffering from, possibly because I don't speed up quest completion with time boosts often. If this is the case, that how fast you finish quests is factored in and is giving you more time-consuming and/or difficult quests, that is asinine. Players should be rewarded for their effort and expense, not punished.

'Speed' probably isn't a factor. However, if someone's playing the event in the two extremes of 'finishing a quest instantly' and 'waiting forever for a quest objective to complete', it's going to feel like all they're doing is waiting because the easier quests are in their window for basically no time at all.

DeletedUser20951

'Speed' probably isn't a factor.
I really hope it's not, but from what I've read in this thread, the repeating quests seem to be hitting the quicker questing players more frequently, as several have been listing their exact 'rotations', not skipping over the short and/or easy ones. As I stated, mine have been of a wider variety, in general.

DeletedUser18601

This is the first event I have not enjoyed at all.

Every third quest requires me to scout, activate tech, or gain a significant amount of vision vapor. Scouting well past my level's range is unsustainable, as is blazing through tech advancements. That leaves me forced to waste an endless stream of resources on items of dubious value from the magic academy.

I also find the manufactory level requirements far too inhibiting. If your city lacks room for the higher level upgrades, you're just out of luck; no event rewards for you.

I have genuinely enjoyed this game, but if this is the new direction we can expect for future events, you can count me out.

P.S. Am I the only one who misses the event building sets?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21745

Like everyone else I have been plagued with repeated loops of "Scout a province, complete a research of gain 15 Vision Vapor" back-to-back but I would like to happily report that over the past two days I have seen a noticeable improvement of game play for the event.

After repeated "Scout a province..." in a row I have seen the following tasks

- Gain 9 relics
- Produce simple tools 9 times
- Produce toolboxes 3 times
- Produce simple tools 9 times
- Gain 6 Vision vapor or research 1 technology
- produce 3 stacks of units.
- produce 5 decorative pillars
- gain a fair amount of supplies
- produce 3 stacks of units. <-- currently working on this one

I don't know what is causing this to become more random but in the past two days I have done the following;
- cleaned up my city by removing 5 extra level 1 workshops
- started the set of quest #90+

I can't think of anything else that I have done differently

Well the joy is over. I spoke too soon. Just as I was starting to enjoy this event because of the variety of tasks that I was getting I just got hit with the following.
- Gain 11 relics
- Produce 5 Toolboxes
- Gain 11 relics
- Gain 11 relics <-- stuck here

I have solved all encounters in all of my scouted provinces and am waiting another 20 hours for next scout to finish (luckily I started it yesterday as it take 38 hours to scout).

Waiting for the tournament to restart to save me as I have no more relics to collect.

Someone needs to tweak their random task generator. There is no way in which this could be considered statistically random.

Status
Not open for further replies.