• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Except mechanics of "random" was very different. The quests were more cycled than randomized - and over meaningful number of quests the aggregates followed very predictable pattern - which was the same for everyone. Not only that, but you knew your next quest with at worst 50% probability.

None of these features present in the current "random" approach.

And because of all the complaints about that system, we got this system instead.

Black watch

I agree. I don't even have a single petfood for my phoenix.

The Panda is a joke. You have to feed it to activate it, and then you get goods for every petfood you use after that one. I don't have enough petfood to make that remotely useful in any city.

I was thinking that might be the case when I posted my notes about the lack of pet food coming up in the MA.

No, actually, Panda produces goods whether he's fed or not. It's when you feed Panda before feeding any other pets that he gives you bonus goods after you feed them. In my city here I have all three out. Panda gives me 81 crystal every 48 hours, Brownie gives me 4 Valorian every 48, Polar gives me 7888 coin every 48. They're still in their spheres, and I don't have the Magic Academy yet, so obviously they've never been fed.

In regards to the backlash toward this event, a Mod on the Beta forum had this to say:
It's almost to the bottom of the page. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/autumn-zodiac.13647/page-30

The only bear I'm going to place, if I place one is the brown due to its contribution to my fighting stance. That said, I doubt very much I'll get it fully upgraded.
As to the remark from the Mod... I'm stunned someone can come up with that conclusion.
For people to acquire those prizes at that rate, then two things must be happening... One---- a lot of money MUST be changing hands and Two--- INNO has made it possible for that to happen.
I'm still stunned... and I totally agree with the remarks made addressing that heinous statement by several people.

36 pages in and I haven't seen anyone yet who loves the changes. And from what I've seen of the beta forum for this event, the feedback has actually been *more* scathing over there.

At this point, we really need some feedback from the developers. Any representative of Inno reading this really should provide an update, an announcement of any kind regarding all of this. If we knew more about the design philosophy behind the changes, we could provide more substantive feedback. Or if the quest repetition is not actually intended, please provide some hope that this might be addressed prior to the end of the event. I really don't want to see anyone quit over this.

Excellent idea, Risen Malchiah, though others have stated the same thing so I really doubt that will happen judging by INNO's track record. I will be pleasantly surprised if it happens though.

Thanks for the posts folks! :)

DeletedUser24336

@Ælfwine

Dear INNO, Dear Communit Manager,

After reading the Autumn Zodiak Event description, I was really happy. Finally an event where we can do everything on our production buildings without the need to disfigure our nice cities with plenty of ridiculous lvl 1 buildings. This, combined with the endless questsline, was the perfect combination to me.

Then the next day the event went live, I heard changes were made, I went to the Forum to check, and I was just chocked to see that INNO cut by more than half the number of keys given by quests !?!?!?!
From 188 to 80 ???? Why ?

After some reading, it appears that the reason for this is the complaints of a few lazy casual players who neglected to upgrade their factories and workshops.

INNO's answer was to reduce by 30% Workshops quests (which IMO won't change much for the whiners because they'll still have to do the 70% remaining, and also because those quests removed leave room for more "15 feathers" and "45 tourney encounters" quests, which are not necessarily easier for them).

Now the event has been tested for a week on beta server, and none of the alleged problems was reported there. As everything was going fine on beta, the event went live, and there because of those complaints of a few casual players INNO made those drastic changes, this was really wrong !

What about all the players like me that were happy with the event as it was at launch ? Of course you didn't hear from us so far, just because everything was perfect for us, and we rather spend our time ingame than collecting post count and likes on the forum.

I asked to my FS members, then I asked all my IG friends, and a high majority replied they highly dislike this change, as well as they disagree with INNO changing the rules after the Event went live.

If INNO felt a change was necessary, the least they should have done was a poll with ingame notices to see if really the majority was willing these changes.

But INNO went ahead, ignoring the majority of players, and made a favor for the few whiners. But we all know INNO hates doing such favors, and they always come with retalation. In our case, it consist in cuting by more than half the numbers of keys we get from quests.

188 down to 80. MORE THAN HALF !!!!

As a result, we will get only get 42.5% of the keys we would have got without this unwanted change !!! This means, without buying additional keys, we will be able to fully evolve only one Bear, instead of the two we could have fully elvolve without this drastic nerf on quests rewards.

For all these resaons, me and all the true and dedicated players are requesting INNO
to revert the changes, and set the Event back as it was at launch,
with a retroactive effect on quests capped at 80 already completed

Shyama1, Elvenar Addicted

I could not agree more strongly with Shyama1's position as stated here. Shame on you, INNO. Caving to the whiners.

Pheryll

Set Designer
As to the remark from the Mod... I'm stunned someone can come up with that conclusion.
For people to acquire those prizes at that rate, then two things must be happening... One---- a lot of money MUST be changing hands and Two--- INNO has made it possible for that to happen.
I'm still stunned... and I totally agree with the remarks made addressing that heinous statement by several people.

Those 10+ evolving building cities did not exchange money or use a lot of diamond purchases for the event. They were early chapter cities that made decent use of time boosts (many of which given to them by the 85 cost chest prizes) to sky rocket through quests and had plenty of pre-orc provinces to clear. Scoobydoo also mentions that only one maxed evolving building was intended for the free players, and that the possibility of getting more was left intact for those willing to spend diamonds. This creates two problems 1) The paying players had little interest in that many evolving buildings, and would have even less interest in buying them should the quests become tougher 2) the new quests balanced themselves around the overachievers leaving the rest to have a hard time dealing with only a modest gain. Further this event has little to offer outside of the evolving buildings, which makes it difficult to warrant players spending their time when there is nothing to show.

Last edited:

Alistaire

Those 10+ evolving building cities did not exchange money or use a lot of diamond purchases for the event. They were early chapter cities that made decent use of time boosts (many of which given to them by the 85 cost chest prizes) to sky rocket through quests and had plenty of pre-orc provinces to clear.

Not mine. I was at the end of halflings. Anyone else there could've done the same thing if they had done 1 other thing I did for months before that, that was a good plan in general but just ended up really helping the event.

Knowing that the last "advanced scout" tech was coming right before about 160 provinces worth of scouting for the sake of expansions, I made sure all my scouts up to that point were the hardest ones I could manage. Basically spend more goods on the smaller scale of those lower chapters in order to save more goods on the larger scale of what's needed for those last provinces. So my map looked like swiss cheese with a bunch of "very easy" provinces. The plan all along was to scout them once their costs had been lowered all the way (start of elementals). So I was 1 scout tech away from that when the event hit, which made it not perfectly ideal, but it worked out well enough anyway, and I got that tech about 2/3 the way through the event. Scouted over 160 provinces in the event all with time instants. Prioritized time instant dailies etc. (partly because just like this event, there were no good buildings outside the evolving ones)

And I can't imagine those early chapter cities doing as well on t1 productions; by the end of it I had 500 t1's out. (Also that ended up maybe being too many? I didn't have perfect organization and by the end of the event about 3/4 of my tree fields were sitting on completed productions. I got about 20k planks clearing them out when the event was done.)

So not that special honestly. Maybe more people would've done it if someone has suggested that scouting strategy before. I can't imagine I'd be the first person to think of that. And that strategy still stands, so anyone around the 150-200 province range if they can should start trying to skip the easiest provinces, not even for the benefit of some event, but just cause they'll save more goods and scouting time in the long run.

Alistaire

And I probably wont, this whole thing is nothing but a HUGE money grab ans they ain't getting a dime from me. This whole event SUCKS! Even the daily prizes are a joke.
The daily prizes being bad in this event and the last are honestly the weirdest thing here. Too much power creep can be bad but you need some power creep to keep people interested. Inno seems to have gotten that with the grand prizes but the daily ones not so much.

DeletedUser20428

I have 4 cities, in various chapters, most of the structures are below the chapter level because it's what I want. That doesn't mean T1 building because they don't produce enough products for the space they take up. My main account, the closets to chapter level buildings is out of the quest requirement - I need to raise my workshops 2 levels. Not gonna happen! So, I now have two of my four cities out of the quest.

I am on Social Security and live on a fixed income; there is no way for me to buy enough diamonds to get up to chapter level. This quest was simply a BAD IDEA for everyone but the Big Money cities!!!! That said, I wonder if the decision makers at Elvenar have considered the value of a city below chapter level with an owner who buys diamonds to the value of an abandoned city and no diamonds? When I leave, all four cities go with me. Is a little bit of money ($100 - $200 USD or so every month) better than NO MONEY?

qaccy

I love the tournament and relic quests, but that's coming from a late-game fighter. I can see it being hard for early-gamers and for negotiators of all levels because catering is a colossal waste of goods compared to the fighting cost when it comes to tournaments. If there's anyone out there reading this who's late-game and doesn't really fight that much, I urge you to give it a try and see just how many goods you can save and how much further you can go in a tournament.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I love the tournament and relic quests, but that's coming from a late-game fighter. I can see it being hard for early-gamers and for negotiators of all levels because catering is a colossal waste of goods compared to the fighting cost when it comes to tournaments. If there's anyone out there reading this who's late-game and doesn't really fight that much, I urge you to give it a try and see just how many goods you can save and how much further you can go in a tournament.

I'm a late gamer who actually started this game because I did not have to battle :p That is a real plus for me! I make troops in the barracks around the clock. I go into tourney click one of each, auto-battle, maybe look at better makeup of my troops, maybe not and cater the rest. I think I average 2000 but have done over 5000. I get totally annoyed if I click on battle because it is a waste of time for me to watch the battle. Different strokes for different folks. It just isn't something I want to do.

GlamDoll

Inno wants their cake and eat it too! It can't be both ways. The philosophy, at least on how I see it is simple...

They want unlimited Grand Prizes (So they can "milk" the whales THAT will cough up the RL $$$) to get however many they want to have.

Yet, it's being "spun" as US players cheating, ETC!

They also are banking on more people buying diamonds, it seems, so those players can get AT LEAST, ONE bear to lvl 10....

Here's the kicker!

IF you buy $150-200 worth of Event Currency, you just put a target on your back, to have shade thrown at you, because you must have "cheated"! You have too many prizes from Events, As Well As, you are not playing the game the intended way, and are borderline? "exploiting" the game?!

If you don't buy any Event Currency, it is even worse! You have almost nothing at all, by way of incentive, for starters, in regards to this Event. The good news? NO ONE will think you are whining and cheating....well, provided you say nothing AT ALL! And keep silent.

@Inno: Two wrongs don't make a right.

Even IF,( IF, IF, IF,) I were to agree with you, and say you are right, in regards to I am not playing the way YOU want me to. What reason can you give me, on why I should pay any MORE money?

Do you even have one? I sure as heck don't!

If you are gonna just blow smoke & use smoke & mirrors, at least make sure your smokescreen IS NOT Transparent!

This is so messed up on every level.

Let me put it another way here....

I care about game balance, and having as many of us gamers as happy as possible!

I don't care for the unfairness, stigma, and all these other negative "vibes" currently going on. As if the Event was not boring & anger invoking enough!

I also don't care how many of whatever ANYONE has! AS long as it doesn't "break" the game. (How much more of an advantage do players have with multiple Grand Prizes leveled up, that allows them to "rule" tournaments, etc).

From what I have read herein, sounds like there are some that have very dynamic strategies in regards to playing this game. They do not seem to lack in imagination or creativity, to obtain their goals.

You want a small fortune for premium expansions, after a certain point!? If that's not out and out greediness, then I don't know what is.

So, whether you are just being greedy, or out of money, OR BOTH, this whole thing is just wrong!

I have been hearing from you for almost 2 months now, on how it's the players/gamers fault!

And now the silence is so DEAFENING, I can hear a pin drop!

No! Correction!

IT.IS.YOURS.

Period.

You are the ones in control on how the game is coded, what is available in game, as well as what isn't.

Accept responsibility for your decisions and actions. And please address all of us with some kind POSITIVE response. PLEASE.

Oh, and an FYI. If you want me to hush my mouth, apologize & fix this mess, and I will do just that....

I will thank you and shut my mouth about this!

This Event makes The Spire look good...and The Spire is still not worth doing vs "cough" rewards. At least, not for me.

I have been asking and waiting for anyone to say they are having FUN with this Event...........

And I am still waiting.

DeletedUser10594

I'm sorry but where when a game offers 3 bears can you think it is right to try and get 10. That's like me realising there is as fault with a bank cash machine and going back 10 times to get more than I have in the account.

Scooby, that is total horse$h!t!!! If the devs put in a system to ONLY give one of each to a person, then fine, I could agree with what you're saying here mod :eek:. But that's not what they did. You assume that was their wish, but really, how hard would it have been for them to put in one line of code that said "if player has this building, don't give it to him again"? They do it with buildings ALL THE TIME... (magic academy, main hall, portals, etc.) They didn't put that code in there because they didn't care if we got more than one of each. You need to go back to the rock you hide under and shut the he!! up. And whoever is in charge of making people mods, you seriously need to check who you allow to be mods. This one is alienating a pretty good portion of your players.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Comments and Suggestions from EPL
Feel free to submit comments and suggestions here https://tinyurl.com/y5o2e9fx!

1, As always, congratulations to the Elvenar team for excellent artwork and technical production.
Well done!!

2. For me, evolving buildings are a great improvement over building sets - so much more power packed into a smaller space!
I like the concept!

3. Despite the teething problems, I really love the new ‘random quest’ format - and see it as a very positive change from the designers. It is no longer possible for strong players to swamp their cities with lots and lots of tiny little level one buildings and finish the event in three days - which was never the intention for Events! :)

In our Event Note, we have posted a list of what one typical player encountered in her event to give you an idea of what you may expect; everyone will get similar quests, but in a different order. So now one has to play the event one quest at a time, rather than just reading and reacting to a string of known quests from a 'cheat sheet' - which was never the designer’s intention.
(I spoke with one of the event designers a while back - and they do not want 'cheat sheets'. If they wanted all the players to know exactly what is coming next, they would post a list in the Wiki.)

To me this format is infinitely more satisfying and I am enjoying the event a lot. I think many skeptics, as so often happens in the game, will eventually come to see that this is a more satisfying way to play Events!!

4. There is little doubt that this new event format is going to make events easier and more fun for smaller cities - who in the last few had no chance to finish!
I have always felt that Events should not require you to rip up your city and build itty-bitty little buildings that have no place in your city; it is so nice now to be able to use buildings that are there already!

5. I am really enjoying the event! Very relaxing; and one gets 5 - 10 quests done every day on average without any fuss and bother.
I am particularly enjoying the absence of ‘Upgrade x buildings to level y’ - I hope they will never return.

Events should be FUN - they should not require you to rip your city to pieces to build things that you really don’t want or need!

6. For me this event gets 9 out of 10 - the prizes are a bit ordinary; but not complaining; lots of KP and boosters to be made!!

7. There has been a lot of hoo-hah about the quest changes! I for one am very happy with the changes - I think they are constructive and will improve the game for all of us. They will just take a little time to grow on us.
Generally speaking, the people who run into troubles in this game are those who do not follow the common sense recommendations - and one of those is always keep every building maxed - because it is the best use of space.
The designers expect 'the average player' will design their city this way - and they create events that work with this ‘average city’.

I have been warning people for years - the more you deviate from the 'typical' city set-up, the more likely you will run into problems with game changes! It is perhaps less risky to play conservatively, rather than smarty-pantsing your way through to the end.

I might mention that I have only 5 of the required planks workshops and 8 workshops - which are part of my normal city architecture - and I have already done more than 170 quests without spending Diamonds. So really, the new event format is totally do-able.

8. The last-minute change to the questing system really did not work!
Too many Scout-or-Vapors by far.

71068117_10214827008569403_4674984864183746560_o.jpg

Next time they are looking for a filler to slow down the game - how about ‘Collect 20 Golden Keys”? That would take 24 hours out of the game, and would be something different, at least!

I strongly feel that event quests should not be random or destructive - they should add to our game knowledge when we first start - and they should be relevant to the Event too!

One gets the feeling that many of the present set of quests are just there to take up time and prevent players from progressing too quickly

Here are some suggestions:
  • get people to trade more with place x trades;
  • get people to visit more;
  • encourage us to do things that we have not discovered yet - particularly the ‘newbies’. Quests like ‘zoom in and zoom out again’; ‘post a message on chat’, ‘post a trade’, ‘use an enchantment’, ‘sell a culture building’, ‘visit x neighbors’.;
  • Receive x Neighborly visits would be a great one too - to encourage those who do not play in Fellowships to at least make the effort to meet their Map neighbors;
  • Why not include Tournament encounters in the quests? Like ‘solve x Tournament encounters’.
    It would create more interest in Tournaments! So why not use the Events to get people involved in Tournaments? Because this to me is what the Event Quests are ideally suited to!
The Quests could be a wonderful way to educate the newcomers - instead of endless repetition of same-old, same-old; boring and meaningless. That is why I am sad that the second questline was dropped - this is an ideal slot for in-game education.

9. Another suggestion: I know the designers don’t want ‘cheat sheets’ where you know exactly what is coming next - but what about at least telling us the next quest or two?
That would really make things a lot easier - adding a ‘Next Up’ box inside the quest window!

Last edited:

Pheryll

Set Designer
4. There is little doubt that this new event format is going to make events easier and more fun for smaller cities - who in the last few had no chance to finish!
I have always felt that Events should not require you to rip up your city and build itty-bitty little buildings that have no place in your city; it is so nice now to be able to use buildings that are there already!

This paragraph alone can open a huge discussion. What are the Elvenar staff's goals and are these goals conflicting with each other? They wanted active engagement throughout the event, especially towards the end; so they used an increasing amount of key rewards to phenomenal levels (188) so that during the final week people would remain because of the surge in reward. They wanted to prevent people from racing through, so they tailored their quests to be obstacles. Their "random" generator led to a small and often repeated set of difficult quests. Yet when the system was implemented their were many who could still race through, and many more who gave up early because of the difficulty and repetition of quests. I am not sure which way they are going to go now. They are seeking a balance which is hardly intuitive.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
@Jackluyt Seriously? o_O Please do tell how you are doing 5-10 quests per day? I really do want to know! This event has been endless multiple day eating quests repeating themselves in my game. Half of the progress I have made would not be done if I didn't use every single time boost. Sure wish I could have saved some for the new chapter!!!!! I definitely feel like the devs really are targeting top players with endless multiple day quests and that is about the stupidest thing a company can do to their top customers. Bottom line for me is that as long as I feel 100% sure that I will continue to have multiple day quests over & over & over I will NOT spend a dime on this or any other event. For as long as we have had events, and I have been here for every single one, I have spent $50 at the beginning and the +1 buildings. Then at the end I spent whatever it took to finish whatever I wanted which was usually another $50. Until I believe I will get the value from my $$ again I will NOT go back to spending on events. Events were probably my favorite part of the game for quite a long time. I switched out my complete sets every single new event :cool: Now they have ruined events with their not random "random" quests! :mad:

I do agree in that I understand the building level requirement. I've always leveled up my buildings anyway so that turned out to be now big deal, although I do agree with others that they should have given some heads up so a huge portion of players could at least level up some of their buildings.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I got hold of a heap of Time Instants on the days they are featured Exclusives - that helps
That is all I do the Events for: Time Boosters and KP and a few Inspired Meditation Spells.

That's fair. I've never not gotten the prizes so we have different goals and expectations. I do load up on as many time boosts as I can but that still hasn't been enough to keep me steadily moving forward. I honestly think the Elvenar team needs to take this situation with so many enraged players seriously! I have little doubt that I will end up with a level 10 Panda. Yes, I know they are the least beneficial, but for my own play style where I have bought bunches of premium culture because I like them for impractical reasons, it is the one I want. The BIG problem IMO is all the times I have said "Are they F-ing kidding me?" when I get the same long quests over & over. Events are not all about the end goal. The journey to get there should not be utter torture! (edited for spelling :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

T6583

But they never did require you to rip apart your city. That is nothing more than a player feeling that they needed to do that due to trying to use a particular strategy. I never once in the 3 years that I've been playing ever felt the need to tear down my city to place lvl 1 buildings. If I happened to have the room for a shantytown I built one. If I didn't I just pre-planned the best I could with what I had. The biggest issue with requiring certain level buildings for some players (I am not one of these players btw as I level everything to max each chapter) is that they prefer to play with smaller size buildings due to their particular play style. I was always under the impression that there wasn't a right or wrong way to build your city. You built it how it works for you. At some point Inno supported this because they even had on their loading screen a tip that stated "If your prefered building type is small, build many of them." The forcing for required levels based on chapters for events completely alienates / now eliminates particular play styles. It tells us that there really is only a few ways to really play the game. There are other play styles that were also affected by this. One of the members of my FS uses pop, supplies, and goods from event buildings and AW's to limit the number of residences, workshops, and manu's to the bare minimum he needs with the ultimate goal of not needing any of those building types. He's built his entire city around that strategy and concept. He's almost in Elementals. He has had to completely rethink years of planning and strategy just to be able to participate in this event and most likely future events.

Status
Not open for further replies.