• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3468

Things I like about this event...
I like that the bear cubs are so cute because it's very likely that I will never be able to upgrade even one to it's fullest.

I like that the brown bear (even in it's level one state) gives such great additional fighters. I now have not only Valorian Guards, which I expected, but also Orc Warrions, Orc Strategists and in one case where the bear is leveled up a bit, Frogs! These are all in cities where I am nowhere close to researching these fighters yet. (in the beginning of chapter 2 in one of the cities where I have the OWs and OSs)

I like that, once I accepted that there was no way I was going to be able to do much of anything as far as leveling up any bears, accepted that I was going to have repeated, extremely time consuming quests and all the complaining in the world wasn't going to change anything, this has become the most restful Event ever. I simply had to greatly lower my expectations and not worry about it. This is also my way of saying it has become the most boring event ever. (My choice to consider it boring rather than frustrating because, after all, it's just a game... just pixels on a screen... )

No threats to leave if all future events hold to this format. I simply won't play as enthusiastically as I have in the past. I'll take the time I won't be spending playing Elvenar to play another company's game that I also enjoy and I will spend the small amount of money I would have on diamonds here on rubies there.

Alistaire

So, funny thing here...I may leave my polar bear at level 9. Going to 10 gets me negligible amounts of coin/mana/seeds/pop but changes the 5% supply instant to portal profit and I'm kinda swimming in those, so it'd be a downgrade. 2% tourney reduction difference...probably not gonna matter much either.

T6583

Well, since we're counting...

52 different people posted in this thread. As was mentioned, many were new or first time posters, and only posted once. But, the vast majority of posts were made by only 13 posters, totaling over 520 posts themselves.
So yeah, even though this thread is 44 pages, if each person complaining only lodged their complaint once, this thread would only be 3 pages.

Make of that what you will.
And if a tally was done on past major events how would that compare to this one (As of this post is at 902 comments over 46 pages)? Summer Mermaids had 505 posts over 26 pages. The Phoenix event had 429 posts over 22 pages. Summer Solstace was 317 over 16 pages, and Winter Magic was at 342 over 18 pages. (Didn't take the time to determine how many different people posted in each of the above mentioned events) I think the numbers kinda speak a bit here in that people are giving alot more feedback throughout the event. That people feel compelled to repsond to the feedback thread, with new members at levels not really seen before. This fact shouldn't be ignored.

Foldedspace

Things I like about this event...
I like that the bear cubs are so cute because it's very likely that I will never be able to upgrade even one to it's fullest.

I like that the brown bear (even in it's level one state) gives such great additional fighters. I now have not only Valorian Guards, which I expected, but also Orc Warrions, Orc Strategists and in one case where the bear is leveled up a bit, Frogs! These are all in cities where I am nowhere close to researching these fighters yet. (in the beginning of chapter 2 in one of the cities where I have the OWs and OSs)

I like that, once I accepted that there was no way I was going to be able to do much of anything as far as leveling up any bears, accepted that I was going to have repeated, extremely time consuming quests and all the complaining in the world wasn't going to change anything, this has become the most restful Event ever. I simply had to greatly lower my expectations and not worry about it. This is also my way of saying it has become the most boring event ever. (My choice to consider it boring rather than frustrating because, after all, it's just a game... just pixels on a screen... )

No threats to leave if all future events hold to this format. I simply won't play as enthusiastically as I have in the past. I'll take the time I won't be spending playing Elvenar to play another company's game that I also enjoy and I will spend the small amount of money I would have on diamonds here on rubies there.

I 100% agree. It's boring as heck, I've stopped worrying about it, and I've lowered my expectations so I know I won't get good stuff from events anymore and won't put any effort into them from now on. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And if a tally was done on past major events how would that compare to this one (As of this post is at 902 comments over 46 pages)? Summer Mermaids had 505 posts over 26 pages. The Phoenix event had 429 posts over 22 pages. Summer Solstace was 317 over 16 pages, and Winter Magic was at 342 over 18 pages. (Didn't take the time to determine how many different people posted in each of the above mentioned events) I think the numbers kinda speak a bit here in that people are giving alot more feedback throughout the event.
They do, but it's important to recognize that this event has several different changes going on at the same time, so there are a larger number of things being discussed. Previous event changed one significant mechanic at a time. This one altered Workshop uses, Factory uses, and how the quests are presented simultaneously. Regardless of how bad or good those things are, the number of changes would have generated more posts.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Completely unrelated, I swear, but one must never forget that we are naught by whiners and agitators unless the majority agree with our complaints and deem them acceptable. : D

Yes Dear :p Touche :cool: I clearly remember my attempt to get some of the forum to lighten up and recognize some of the positive things that had been done instead of analyzing the down side of everything. For quite a while I chose to enjoy the game and overlook what was then small annoyances to me. I do believe we even had a heated disagreement. Now, no darn way! They have crossed the line into what I feel is indefensible! If Elvenar wants to very clearly punish long term players for playing as the game was developed and as prior Elvenar employee & in game guidance was given out then I don't even have the words to express how insulted and even angry I am :mad: It is hard to watch them take a game I have enjoyed for so long and invested so much time & $ into and suck all the fun out of it :(:(

DeletedUser4699

Well, to begin with, I see that some that responded to my earlier post went at it as if I had taken a stance against them. Nope. My earlier message (un-edited still, of course) simply made a non-qualitative observation in response to another post, to which I had quoted (and seemingly ignored or completely oblivious by those triggered by my post). I made no judgements toward the event itself. At all. None.
I will attempt to address most of these replies in as dry and level a manner as possible, in the order they appeared. Obviously, some individuals read things that simply aren't there, some are offended easier than others, and I don't want to add fuel to a fire that is apparently already raging out of control, but at the same time I do not appreciate being misquoted, misinterpreted, and spoken to in a way that is completely unwarranted. I wish us all the best of luck.
And, just want to point out, I do actually read the entirety of a thread before posting in it. I don't need it explained to me in recapitulation format, but I did appreciate the effort. It's a weird pet peeve of mine to see the occasional post of "Didn't bother to read previous x number of pages, but here's my opinion anyway." So yes, I do take the time to read each and every post, and respect the time taken to write every post. I realize that even though I hadn't actively participated in this thread discussion until the previous post, some may have thought I hadn't read anything.

So, before ado is in any way furthered..

Some of us have had actual discussions in the thread. Some of us have posted constructive feedback for the mods to pass on. Some of us have posted our lists of quests received. And some have only posted multiple complaints.

Yes, this is generally how feedback threads work. I am aware of this. I was addressing someone else about something else. But, if you have an issue about what I stated, perhaps you should take it up with the person/people I quoted, because that's where the root of the problem you are having would be.

Oh, and if you scanned the entire Discussion sub-forum for the entire year, I would be surprised if you found even 100 people who had posted more than one time.

I have no need to do that. Again, check with the people I quoted, and you will see the relevance for what I had stated. It dealt with this thread and this thread only.

It is true, numbers & math don't lie....however, thankfully, there is a bit more to it, than numbers. Right??? Although I agree with you, and technically, you're right.

Well, technically, there's always a bit more to anything. But that was the extent of the relevance to my comment. Everything that came after this had nothing to do with what I said, and none of it was anything that hadn't already been covered in your previous 50-odd posts in this thread. This is just an observation, not a personal challenge. :)

This is either us all "whining".....

Ok, except for this.. There was no point in my post that I accused anyone of "whining." You do know that's how quotation marks work, right? So yeah, that's quite bothersome to be misquoted so erroneously.

@Bricabrac The event is three weeks long, we have had a lot to say about it and what it entails. Many of us track what quests we are getting, some like @MinMax Gamer do very detailed examinations of the data. Are we vocal when we see an issue, of course. Keep in mind, that the forums are just a small section of some of the feedback being received about the event. I have seen many unhappy posts. I do not follow twitter or instagram, but I am fairly certain that the frustration that is being expressed on the forum is also being expressed there.

The frustration is very understandable. If you are a upper level player who it does not make sense to have a chapter -1 boosted t1, those quests are a show stopper and since you could have quests that call up to 7 productions - that could be a full day (sans sleep) of work if you only have 1 brought up. Similar if you have a city built without workshops because you are acquiring supplies from event buildings and ancient wonders, you are also blocked from progress.

I understand where you're coming from, and what you're saying. I don't want to get into fine details regarding town layouts and such - I have purposefully avoided those discussions - but I haven't had any of the problems with the t1 factories that so many have lamented about (I have 5 at max level and don't do cross-tier trading) and I have 11 max level workshops. But that's just me. I don't expect everyone to build their town like me, but I also wouldn't expect Inno to change their Event to suit me if I only had 1 t1 and no workshops - that would be presumptuous, entitled, and a bit silly. But this is only one aspect of the Event, obviously, and many people have varied opinions, many of them strong and impassioned.
My original post dealt with none of these issues, and that was intentional. If there was an issue with what I said, it was only in response to what I had quoted, and perhaps that should be where the focus is.

with only three pages of complaints, INNO could blow off the response as a bump in the road. With 44 pages, that's hard to ignore.

Just repeating the same complaint for 44 pages doesn't make it count for more. Asking on a road trip 'are we there yet' constantly doesn't get you there faster, it just makes you annoying.

Yes. When trying to "make of this" what I will I kept thinking okay...should we have shut up on page 3? No, I don't think that's it. Is everything past page 3 irrelevant to the issues we are addressing. No, I didn't think that made sense either. So then I thought is the point of that to say that most of it after page 3 was just "whining".

Here is the same situation again. Never said anyone was "whining." Did you actually read my post, or just read people posting about the post? Misquoting is just terrible. Terrible.

Well, yeah, a bunch of people coming in to post 1 time about how bad this is isn't going to change that kind of total very much. This forum is always about the same 13 posters going back and forth. Only difference here is now there's 39 extra people chiming in. So literally quadrupled the normal forum participants (and not in a good way).

I don't want to start repeating myself. See 2 quotes above.

And if a tally was done on past major events how would that compare to this one (As of this post is at 902 comments over 46 pages)? Summer Mermaids had 505 posts over 26 pages. The Phoenix event had 429 posts over 22 pages. Summer Solstace was 317 over 16 pages, and Winter Magic was at 342 over 18 pages. (Didn't take the time to determine how many different people posted in each of the above mentioned events) I think the numbers kinda speak a bit here in that people are giving alot more feedback throughout the event. That people feel compelled to repsond to the feedback thread, with new members at levels not really seen before. This fact shouldn't be ignored.

So, not taking the time to determine the number of posters in the thread is a vital part of that information. So, you will ignore that fact, but then state that the forum is gaining new members at a rate never before attained, and calling that a fact? Do you have a source to cite for this statistic?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That about wraps it up. Hopefully everybody's cool now. Best of luck with the remainder of the Event!

DeletedUser

I was really unhappy in the beginning about not being able to make level 1 farms anymore. but thats hard to complain about, since level 1 farms has been a reason of complaint, for big players who didnt want to delete buildings, for a very long time. so i thought it was over with me getting top level event buildings. But since then i have worked hard, and now i am thinking differently, at this point in time i have almost enough keys for 1 top level bear on my main city.
So while im still unhappy not to have level 1 farms with lots of preset production, i know feel that i can still compete for the big prizes. I would rather go back to the old system, but i understand that they changed it because of our feedback so its hard to be mad about.

GlamDoll

Well, technically, there's always a bit more to anything. But that was the extent of the relevance to my comment. Everything that came after this had nothing to do with what I said, and none of it was anything that hadn't already been covered in your previous 50-odd posts in this thread. This is just an observation, not a personal challenge. :)

For over 50-odd posts of mine? (I haven't bothered to count @.@) Well, I guess here is another post you can add, since you are keeping score??

Ok, except for this.. There was no point in my post that I accused anyone of "whining." You do know that's how quotation marks work, right? So yeah, that's quite bothersome to be misquoted so erroneously.

I put "whining", "cheaters", "exploiters", etc. like this Why? What is the context? Oh you know, BECAUSE Inno keeps calling us that.

Hopefully, this helps you understand why I am in this Thread, and why I WAS in The Spire Thread....yeah, gave up on that a while back....

And since you are "stalking my posts count", which is kinda weird to me, see if you can find me anywhere else on the Forum.

Jolly best of luck to ya!

Yes, NOW we are cool. Best of luck to you with The Event as well!

Thanks

T6583

They do, but it's important to recognize that this event has several different changes going on at the same time, so there are a larger number of things being discussed. Previous event changed one significant mechanic at a time. This one altered Workshop uses, Factory uses, and how the quests are presented simultaneously. Regardless of how bad or good those things are, the number of changes would have generated more posts.
I can agree with you there.
So, not taking the time to determine the number of posters in the thread is a vital part of that information. So, you will ignore that fact, but then state that the forum is gaining new members at a rate never before attained, and calling that a fact? Do you have a source to cite for this statistic?
I was commenting more out of curiosity on what that tally might be. You can read the posts where several new members stated they felt the need to post now and haven’t before. I don’t recall seeing anywhere near that number before in previous posts. So yes maybe I shouldn’t have used the term fact at all. But clearly something is going on just looking at the number of comments and pages in general compared to recent past events. I’m also not disagreeing that the number of different users is important. As I mentioned above I’m actually curious about that number. Maybe I should have made myself more clear with my response. Hence why I mentioned that I didn’t have that number as I personally do not have the time to go back and track all of the different members that posted to determine that number. But you can look at the past events and see the number of posts / pages of comments. Those are more what I meant when I said fact that couldn’t be ignored.

Kataphractos

Just repeating the same complaint for 44 pages doesn't make it count for more. Asking on a road trip 'are we there yet' constantly doesn't get you there faster, it just makes you annoying.

The one thing Stalin got right is when he said that "quantity has a quality all its own". When a shopkeeper or a manager sees that hundreds of paying customers -- from the big spenders, all the way down the line -- are making the exact same 3 or 4 complaints, a clever shopkeeper or manager takes steps to address those 3 or 4 complaints specifically, in a timely fashion. It's (relatively) easy to clean up, and it provides customer satisfaction not only to the hundreds of dissatisfied customers, but to the thousands of customers behind them who didn't bother to comment at all. So the question is...does the Elvenar team at InnoGames have any clever shopkeepers?

If so, then damage control for this event has to be Priority #1 for Elvenar. Priority #2 has to be designing the next event so it reverts to the tried-and-true Phoenix-era rules. They weren't perfect, but they were the last evolving-building-event Elvenar's customers actually seemed to like. And only then can InnoGames address Priority #3: literally everything else in Elvenar. But if they're not clever, then they're going to lose customers. And not being clever, they'll try to make up for it by cutting corners, while making even bigger money-grabs. And then the game will enter the kind of year-long death-spiral that we're all familiar with already, both from other browser/mobile games, and from countless brick-and-mortar businesses.

However annoying it might be to you, I'd really like to know which of those futures is in store for my fellowship. And I have a pretty strong preference for the former over the latter.

DeletedUser4699

since you are keeping score??

I realize that came as a shock to you, since you're spending more time ranting and misusing quotation marks than reading, so here is a quote from my original message
Well, since we're counting...

But, as for my post in general
NStZSjIGqELah5npdqfyLxd8cdyoKWAC-PoYP3nYsak.png

see if you can find me anywhere else on the Forum.

no thanks

I think we're done here.

DeletedUser4699

The one thing Stalin got right is when he said that "quantity has a quality all its own". When a shopkeeper or a manager sees that hundreds of paying customers -- from the big spenders, all the way down the line -- are making the exact same 3 or 4 complaints, a clever shopkeeper or manager takes steps to address those 3 or 4 complaints specifically, in a timely fashion. It's (relatively) easy to clean up, and it provides customer satisfaction not only to the hundreds of dissatisfied customers, but to the thousands of customers behind them who didn't bother to comment at all. So the question is...does the Elvenar team at InnoGames have any clever shopkeepers?

If so, then damage control for this event has to be Priority #1 for Elvenar. Priority #2 has to be designing the next event so it reverts to the tried-and-true Phoenix-era rules. They weren't perfect, but they were the last evolving-building-event Elvenar's customers actually seemed to like. And only then can InnoGames address Priority #3: literally everything else in Elvenar. But if they're not clever, then they're going to lose customers. And not being clever, they'll try to make up for it by cutting corners, while making even bigger money-grabs. And then the game will enter the kind of year-long death-spiral that we're all familiar with already, both from other browser/mobile games, and from countless brick-and-mortar businesses.

However annoying it might be to you, I'd really like to know which of those futures is in store for my fellowship. And I have a pretty strong preference for the former over the latter.

The difference that I pointed out is that it's not hundreds lodging the same 3 or 4 complaints, rather it's a handful repeating themselves hundreds of times. Not the same thing. At all.

See spoiler from post above.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I put "whining", "cheaters", "exploiters", etc. like this Why? What is the context? Oh you know, BECAUSE Inno keeps calling us that.
I think you're confusing Inno with me. I've used some variation on whining in 1314 (oops) different posts in this thread. I don't think anyone Inno from has used it at all. Neither have they used "cheaters" or "exploiters" here, though one forum mod made an intemperate post on the beta forums that got copied here several times.

WolfSinger

Wow! What an amazing Idea!!! But it kinda feels like Deja Vu all over again... just sayin'... ;);)

I'm sure I read it with your wonderful suggestions as well Sheianna - I popped over and posted that after getting a solve 5 spire encounters or 5 province encounters (or however it's worded) and was thinking give me a break people the spire is set up in groups of 5 so I can do one area and then have to wait for the next to open or use time boosters.

I understand they want to try and control speed - but come on - give us quests that make sense as far as the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.