• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black watch

No, no they don't. Giving a free pass to act out just because someone is "pissed off" is just not how it works. At least, not with adults.
And no, my post wasn't a post for everyone's feedback and venting and expressing what is annoying them and what is wrong with the game - unless you didn't read my post and just typed that stuff in with no bearing on topic cohesion and relevance to what you were quoting.

Well, things don't go well for them when they go changing things in the middle of an Event. People lost their minds last time they changed something in the middle of an Event. So you're putting them in a no-win situation by expecting something different. Give them a chance to possibly make improvements going forward. I realize the chances are slim, but it's the option we have.

So, if any of us were to say something like this to any of the other forum users, that would be highly inappropriate, wouldn't it? I get that you're just trying to use some colorful language and all, but if you're honestly wanting Inno to listen to what you're saying, that might not be the way to go.

--------------------

Ok, I think I am out of this thread now.. What was meant to be one post has been so misconstrued, misread, and blown out of proportion, it has turned into a giant pain in the neck. The juice here, it just isn't worth the squeeze. So I'm gonna take my grumpy old self and my grumpy old dog and we're gonna go take our grumpy old medication now.

Now since you've dropped out, it seems very one sided now, but that's your choice. We apparently communicate differently and that's fine. It takes all kinds as my father would say.

As far as adults go, you must have little contact with people of any age or consider yourself far above anyone. People of all ages get upset and argue. We are disagreeing right now, but because of the format, we don't hear vocal inflections or rising volumes and we can't see facial features.
People communicate in various ways and always will. Some are silent fuming and some are vocal. Life is full of different "works" because we are all different, at least to some extent.
Because people get emotional and angry, especially after they've invested something important to them, like money, (Another example would be their body. Sex makes thing complicated. A couple dating that finally decides that they don't click, breaks up and they haven't had sex, it's no big deal... most stay friendly and move on. Those that had sex, often- they are very angry and express it, loudly) they often lash out in one way or another. They vent... it's normal, especially in a forum type format.
You seem to be the type of person that wants things very neat and tidy when you communicate. Your posts are very analytical, full of details and when someone comments on only one aspect of it, you quickly point out other information in your post as a defense then throw down nice little jabs that show your superiority.
Written formats are a perfect way for you to be just as condescending as you can get and you use it well.
I personally think it's rude.
Yes I read your posts.

Now hold on tight... I agree with you on the bold italic part, but with one little thing. Yes, people got upset, yes things are in a no-win situation- if they made large sweeping changes. Right now, some appropriate tweaks would address some of the problems so I'm not calling for huge changes during the event, just some APPROPRIATE tweaks. The bigger changes can come after the event and especially when setting up the next events.

The underlined response from you I think deserves a comment. I purposely DIDN'T use the word bludgeon directed at a person, as you know. It was directed at the company and I was riffing on the saying "get it into your thick head". INNO is hard headed and unresponsive to the point "you" need to hit them over the head with your responses. So perhaps bludgeon was too strong, but that's obviously debatable. The other side of the coin, is to sweet talk INNO and tell them how wonderful the event is and let it go on being SO enjoyable. But I don't want to lie.
So communication is what it boils down to here. INNO doesn't communicate... and I'm willing to let people vent and rant about something they obviously have an investment in, in one way or another, without the condescending behavior you seem to employ at a moments notice.

In INNO's case, wouldn't it be appropriate to actually respond to a player base that is so upset. As pointed out in other posts, this has been the biggest response on the forum and damn near everyone posting has expresses their dislike of how it's been going.
Players made adjustments, and have coped with the workshop and T-1 buildings as well as possible, but the repeating quests that are supposed to be random are clearly not. This could be tweaked. It would go a long way to soothing the backlash.

So there you go, I think the event could be better and so do you (though I'm not sure anymore). I think we can both agree that INNO isn't communicative and that that could change (though that will probably be a cold day in hell). Our only hope is that Dusty Fairy got through to them.
An adjustment to the random quests wouldn't cause a backlash of negativity, but one of relief. Some might be still be upset, but that's going to happen anyway, since this didn't have to happen this way, because INNO had all the information already from the Beta users.

And I wouldn't be posting this, except I didn't like your attitude and condescending behavior. The tone of your posts is clear.
I don't think you're any better than anyone else on this forum or on the planet. We are all unique individuals. We might not agree, but each is entitled to our own opinions, unless you have an issue with that too, and at your self proclaimed age status, I would think you should know better by now.

Good day Sir, I hope that if you read this, you've had a nice walk with your lovely dog and I hope the sun shone down on you with only warming rays.

GlamDoll

Now since you've dropped out, it seems very one sided now, but that's your choice. We apparently communicate differently and that's fine. It takes all kinds as my father would say.

As far as adults go, you must have little contact with people of any age or consider yourself far above anyone. People of all ages get upset and argue. We are disagreeing right now, but because of the format, we don't hear vocal inflections or rising volumes and we can't see facial features.
People communicate in various ways and always will. Some are silent fuming and some are vocal. Life is full of different "works" because we are all different, at least to some extent.
Because people get emotional and angry, especially after they've invested something important to them, like money, (Another example would be their body. Sex makes thing complicated. A couple dating that finally decides that they don't click, breaks up and they haven't had sex, it's no big deal... most stay friendly and move on. Those that had sex, often- they are very angry and express it, loudly) they often lash out in one way or another. They vent... it's normal, especially in a forum type format.
You seem to be the type of person that wants things very neat and tidy when you communicate. Your posts are very analytical, full of details and when someone comments on only one aspect of it, you quickly point out other information in your post as a defense then throw down nice little jabs that show your superiority.
Written formats are a perfect way for you to be just as condescending as you can get and you use it well.
Yes I read your posts.

Now hold on tight... I agree with you on the bold italic part, but with one little thing. Yes, people got upset, yes things are in a no-win situation- if they made large sweeping changes. Right now, some appropriate tweaks would address some of the problems so I'm not calling for huge changes during the event, just some APPROPRIATE tweaks. The bigger changes can come after the event and especially when setting up the next events.

The underlined response from you I think deserves a comment. I purposely DIDN'T use the word bludgeon directed at a person, as you know. It was directed at the company and I was riffing on the saying "get it into your thick head". INNO is hard headed and unresponsive to the point "you" need to hit them over the head with your responses. So perhaps bludgeon was too strong, but that's obviously debatable. The other side of the coin, is to sweet talk INNO and tell them how wonderful the event is and let it go on being SO enjoyable. But I don't want to lie.
So communication is what it boils down to here. INNO doesn't communicate... and I'm willing to let people vent and rant about something they obviously have an investment in, in one way or another, without the condescending behavior you seem to employ at a moments notice.

In INNO's case, wouldn't it be appropriate to actually respond to a player base that is so upset. As pointed out in other posts, this has been the biggest response on the forum and damn near everyone posting has expresses their dislike of how it's been going.
Players made adjustments, and have coped with the workshop and T-1 buildings as well as possible, but the repeating quests that are supposed to be random are clearly not. This could be tweaked. It would go a long way to soothing the backlash.

So there you go, I think the event could be better and so do you (though I'm not sure anymore). I think we can both agree that INNO isn't communicative and that that could change (though that will probably be a cold day in hell). Our only hope is that Dusty Fairy got through to them.
An adjustment to the random quests wouldn't cause a backlash of negativity, but one of relief. Some might be still be upset, but that's going to happen anyway, since this didn't have to happen this way, because INNO had all the information already from the Beta users.

And I wouldn't be posting this, except I didn't like your attitude and condescending behavior. The tone of your posts is clear.
I don't think you're any better than anyone else on this forum or on the planet. We are all unique individuals. We might not agree, but each is entitled to our own opinions, unless you have an issue with that too, and at your self proclaimed age status, I would think you should know better by now.

Good day Sir, I hope that if you read this, you've had a nice walk with your lovely dog and I hope the sun shone down on you with only warming rays.

Well said.

WolfSinger

Thank you for your post - this perfectly sums up what I was feeling reading bricabrac's posts.

Risen Malchiah

There are plenty of posts with reasoning, logic and rational arguments. Having a few with ranting, raving or whining is a nice complement. If anything, *all* the posts so far have shown one thing: We're all passionate about the game. :) Many of those who are upset are simply expressing how much they would have liked to participate more but are hindered by the design of the quests. For others, like myself, our frustrations are more to do with the lack of two-way communication with the developers for the game we love so much.

Calenmir

For everyone complaining about what seems like consecutive quests, as I have pointed out here and in my other thread, the coding does not think they are consecutive because each range of quests after the first 29 has two separate lists that the quests alternate from. So while both lists are mostly the same options, the coding says that they are not. So to us, two Toolbox requests in a row seems identical, but each of them is from a separate pool of quests and the code and the game say they are different. This is all listed out on the elvengems website.
Thanks! This makes sense but doesn't make what is happening right. It doesn't matter if someone has explained WHY it matters that it is happening and hurting the event players. It shouldn't be happening and quite frankly, based on what I'm reading, it's happening more than the above can explain. The complaints here are about changing what is wrong and this event TYPE is wrong. It doesn't work for the gamers. If they wish to play to gain the rewards, they will eventually overscout (especially those who are unaware of the Orc requirement). They kill off goods or troops to complete these requests, then poof, there is that same quest again.

Endless events with 'random' quests (which clearly AREN'T random) need to end. I have enough dead cities by me in all my worlds - let's not make more!

shimmerfly

No, no they don't. Giving a free pass to act out just because someone is "pissed off" is just not how it works. At least, not with adults.
And no, my post wasn't a post for everyone's feedback and venting and expressing what is annoying them and what is wrong with the game - unless you didn't read my post and just typed that stuff in with no bearing on topic cohesion and relevance to what you were quoting.
Why can't we, as adults, be be "pissed off" as you stated? I read everything you posted but I don't have to agree with you. :D.What's wong with people complaing and letting it out. Makes some feel better and doesn't hurt you...just saying.

There's nothing to be gained by making things more personal then they already were. There's plenty of angst for everyone without inserting subjective terms about other peoples frame-of-mind, whether real or imagined.
Aww dang it Ashrem there you go again being rational. I think a little angst is good for the soul sometimes.

Kataphractos

The difference that I pointed out is that it's not hundreds lodging the same 3 or 4 complaints, rather it's a handful repeating themselves hundreds of times. Not the same thing. At all.

From your post that started this whole mess:

Bricabrac said:
52 different people posted in this thread.

Fifty-two customers, in a single forum thread, is hardly "a handful". And that was yesterday, and half-a-dozen pages ago. You're so focused on being defensive that you've missed the larger point entirely: the volume of complaints is bigger for this event than anything else Elvenar has done in all of 2019. Maybe ever. C'mon; when's the last 48-page complaint thread you saw on the Elvenar forum?

But if you insist on quibbling about precise numbers...presumably because "technically correct is the best kind of correct"...okay. To your original 52, add however many new posters who have come here since that time. (InnoGames ain't paying me enough to keep an up-to-the-minute poster-count, but maybe your situation is different.) And after that, throw in the posters who have posted in separate threads about various aspects of the Zodiac event. Then estimate all the e-mails and support tickets InnoGames has been getting about this event since it started. I'm betting you end up somewhere in the 100-200 range. So yeah, "hundreds" is hardly [inevitable Princess Bride voice] inconceivable.

Kataphractos

Ok, I think I am out of this thread now.. What was meant to be one post has been so misconstrued, misread, and blown out of proportion, it has turned into a giant pain in the neck. The juice here, it just isn't worth the squeeze. So I'm gonna take my grumpy old self and my grumpy old dog and we're gonna go take our grumpy old medication now.

Take a deep breath. Hug your dog. Consider that maybe dismissing 50+ fellow Elvenar players with a "WELL AKCHULLY", and then doubling down on that sentiment several times, may not have been an optimal strategy to win friends and influence people. Then hug the dog again, because dogs are great.

Maevie

Right there with you all hoping that Inno fixes the design of event quests moving forward.

I'm not going to complain (much) about the building Chapter requirements. I was behind and needed to get up to speed, although I prefer doing that at my own pace whether that's snail-ish or not. And I did get into a satisfactory range while in Orcs/Goblins. But as I was about to move into Woodelves, one of those "research tech" quests really threw a wrench in the works.

I had little choice but to do that research since I had one ready to rock, but nowhere near enough CC or relics to make them in order to gain 15 vision vapor and not enough coins to scout (yet another) province after having cleared a bunch to fulfill the back-to-back relic quests. So yeah, you guessed it, days of lost time on more upgrades and THEN making 5 Toolboxes.

I'm afraid someone might report me to the labor board because my builders haven't slept in days and I can't afford to let them stop for meals, much less take 5 minutes to go puff on some fairy flowers or sweet leaves or whatever is legal. Sigh. SMH

Now I currently have another research tech/15 vapor/scout quest. Yawn. And well, RIP game-play for the next however long. :(

Last edited:

Black watch

Well said.

Thank you.

Thank you for your post - this perfectly sums up what I was feeling reading bricabrac's posts.

Your welcome.

There are plenty of posts with reasoning, logic and rational arguments. Having a few with ranting, raving or whining is a nice complement. If anything, *all* the posts so far have shown one thing: We're all passionate about the game. :) Many of those who are upset are simply expressing how much they would have liked to participate more but are hindered by the design of the quests. For others, like myself, our frustrations are more to do with the lack of two-way communication with the developers for the game we love so much.

I agree and it doesn't bother me to read someone venting. If anything, it could be construed as entertainment. ;)

There's nothing to be gained by making things more personal then they already were. There's plenty of angst for everyone without inserting subjective terms about other peoples frame-of-mind, whether real or imagined.

I generally agree Ashrem, but in this case, I think Bricabrac's heavy handed behavior needed to be addressed, or it would be assumed acceptable by silence. His posts "tone" were condescending with rude responses directed a his "audience" and I couldn't let that go unchallenged. I just called him on his terrible behavior. I was offended and others obviously were too.
I was careful to NOT make it a personal attack against his person, just about his behavior and attitude as to what he had written. I was civil and polite as I could be under the eyes of this forum and still get my point across.
My goal wasn't to humiliate, just call him on it to say that's unacceptable behavior on a public forum. As an adult, he should be able to interact socially and respond as the adult he is and do what people have done for centuries, he can apologize for being rude and rejoin the thread with no harm done.
Someone his age should know better.
I'm a little surprised with your post and can't imagine you liked his behavior any more than the rest of us. It was painfully obvious he was out of line. His words were clear and his intent spelled out with a barely restrained venom. And it doesn't matter that 52 people have posted on this thread or only one. That has nothing to do with what is socially acceptable.
Bricabrac's posts contained offensive content that showed his condescending rude behavior... it's plain as day.

So I've had my say, I'm willing and ready to put this behind me. I would welcome information and social dialog with Bricabrac, or anyone, for that matter, with an exchange of information and ideas. I find the forum to be full of nice people and many with wonderful humor.
If we were in a cafe or bar, I'd buy everyone a round of drinks, and yeah, that would include Bricabrac if he apologized.

Now on to the event.
:)

Black watch

Is it just me, or has the repetitious Scouting situation lessened to a degree?
Perhaps I've just gotten lucky?
Anyone else found a change in the random quests?

This morning I did get quite a few gain relics (3) very close together. But things over all today seemed to slacken.
Has our protests fallen on the right person finally?

Deleted User - 312108

@Enevhar Aldarion I actually find it worse that they have identical quests in both lists which is the root of the issue. They could have easily have each list have unique quests and it would not be so problematic. They have no cool down on the quests so when I get gain 11 relics 4 out of 5 quests I am getting it in a row multiple times. There just is an inherent laziness in how the quest list is put together that bothers me a great deal.

@Black watch Nope, still getting endless scouting quests, maybe not quite as many as GAIN RELICS or encounters... but enough. And as for the other person and your response... silence is not acceptance :) silence for me is.... I cannot be bothered to respond because I already am at my quota of arrogant people for the day vs. anything else. I put very few people on ignore though I mentally ignore them.

DeletedUser4699

Well, it seems that leaving the thread doesn't prevent anyone from continuing their epic saga of making their case against someone. So, here it goes again. Wonderful. Great to see everyone.

As far as adults go, you must have little contact with people of any age or consider yourself far above anyone.

You're quite far off the mark there, but we'll just let that slide. Honestly, you have no room to talk. We had a previous run-in in another thread where you, unprovoked and without any reason whatsoever, pretty much accused me of either lying or grossly exaggerating facts. That was our first interaction, and you were quite condescending, and I let it slide. The only difference here is that I simply didn't give you the same courtesy again. So don't you give me some line about how I consider myself above anyone.

Firstly, thank you. I do like to keep information very organized. Secondly, what you are referring to is when someone completely takes my comments out of context and relevance and throws it into another subject matter that I had no intention of discussing. If my dry wit comes across as little jabs, it's usually just me trying to be humourous, unless I'm dealing with someone who is repeatedly being obtuse and purposefully difficult.

Well, I have no control over people's thoughts. People think what they think. I'm generally not intentionally rude.

So perhaps bludgeon was too strong.

Yes.

Yeah, don't try to speak for me or imagine you know what I'm thinking. This isn't me being condescending, as you like to say. We're just not that familiar.

I don't think you're any better than anyone else on this forum or on the planet. We are all unique individuals. We might not agree, but each is entitled to our own opinions,

I can appreciate that. It is your prerogative to like or dislike my attitude, as we are all entitled to our own opinions, and I have not alluded otherwise at any point. But I will say, as clear as the tone of my posts are from my point of view, they still are misinterpreted. And I have to learn to be ok with that - that one is on me.

unless you have an issue with that too, and at your self proclaimed age status, I would think you should know better by now.

aww, little jab from you. Just when you were gonna wrap it up so nicely.

We really did have a nice walk. She's a sweet, grumpy old girl who's mostly blind, almost 14 years old now. But she seemed to be feeling pretty good. In more of a sweet mood than a grumpy mood - it's nice when I get to share those days with her. She makes me a little less grumpy, and a bit softer.

Why can't we, as adults, be be "pissed off" as you stated? I read everything you posted but I don't have to agree with you. :D.What's wong with people complaing and letting it out. Makes some feel better and doesn't hurt you...just saying.

I never said we can't be pissed off.. It's the way we handle it that's the issue.

His posts "tone" were condescending with rude responses directed a his "audience" and I couldn't let that go unchallenged. I just called him on his terrible behavior. I was offended and others obviously were too.
I was careful to NOT make it a personal attack against his person, just about his behavior and attitude as to what he had written. I was civil and polite as I could be under the eyes of this forum and still get my point across.
My goal wasn't to humiliate, just call him on it to say that's unacceptable behavior on a public forum. As an adult, he should be able to interact socially and respond as the adult he is and do what people have done for centuries, he can apologize for being rude and rejoin the thread with no harm done.
Someone his age should know better.
I'm a little surprised with your post and can't imagine you liked his behavior any more than the rest of us. It was painfully obvious he was out of line. His words were clear and his intent spelled out with a barely restrained venom. And it doesn't matter that 52 people have posted on this thread or only one. That has nothing to do with what is socially acceptable.
Bricabrac's posts contained offensive content that showed his condescending rude behavior... it's plain as day.

So I've had my say, I'm willing and ready to put this behind me. I would welcome information and social dialog with Bricabrac, or anyone, for that matter, with an exchange of information and ideas. I find the forum to be full of nice people and many with wonderful humor.
If we were in a cafe or bar, I'd buy everyone a round of drinks, and yeah, that would include Bricabrac if he apologized.

Now on to the event.
:)

I have nothing to apologize for. I made a single post that was misquoted, taken out of context, off-topic, and attacked. I simply defended myself, and had to repeatedly. People get offended when their misguided indignant behaviour is brought to their attention. Remember, I'm not the one suggesting we bludgeon anyone. The only mistake I made was thinking I could make a post in this thread that didn't exactly align with everyone else's torch-and-pitchfork mentality against Inno. I am ready for this conversation to be over, but if you continue attacking me, I will continue defending myself.

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
OK I have been reading this thread since it started and have held off on commenting too much until I had time to really think about what I wanted to say. First I would like to say that I do agree that they messed up with the randomness of the quests and do think they might have nerfed the amount of keys a little to hard and they should have had a few more different quests to help with getting the same quests over and over.
Now I am more than likely going to hurt some players feelings here so don't say I didn't warn you!
The Dev's didn't want to have to change the quests to random, that is a lot of work and I am sure they would have sooner left it the way it was. We ("We" being some players of the game, not saying all players or that I didn't use the lists) really cant blame the Dev's for wanting to make the events fairer. We kept sharing the quest lists and completing the events in half the time we should have and that was not fair to those that don't frequent the forums (or gems of knowledge) or are not in a FS that has someone that would find the list and post it! Also by creating shanty towns with level 1 factories and workshops to instantly finish quests that should have taken a day or so to complete, we also brought on the change to only have factories and workshops at our current chapters level ! I for one am surprised it took them this long to change it because having a list of the quests was in fact gaming the system (or exploiting the game in other words) and was for sure not how the Dev's intended us to play the game!
Next I want to say that the Dev's would never intentionally destroy or do any harm to the game that would cause it to no longer be played, as it is literally their job! It pays their mortgages, finances there vehicles and hopefully will put there kids through collage. They wouldn't intentionally jeopardize their job anymore than any of us would ours. So yes I believe they will strive to overcome the problems they are having with the quests for future events because there job depends on them doing so. We cant always see the bigger picture that the Dev's are looking at, but I am pretty sure it is aimed at keeping this game going, being enjoyed by many more players, keeping it making money and keeping events and the game as fair to everyone as they can!
Ok I am done you can all go back to what you were saying as this is just my view from the cheap seats.

Last edited:

Maevie

Adding to what I said previously...
  • I don't create shantytowns.
  • I don't come to the forums very often.
  • I don't have any super knowledgeable advisers in my FS.
  • I don't seek out, share, or make use of event quest sheets.
I do read some strategic tips here and there, yet don't necessarily use all of them.

None of this is intended to judge or feel superior toward those that do - they're simply facts about how I play.

With that said, I hold myself accountable for not keeping my buildings upgraded in a timely manner and jumping to Woodelves without thinking more about how it would impact my participation in this event, but I won't accept blame (which never solves anything) for the changes that were made. They aren't a result of how I've been playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.