• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Needles of the Tempest

DeletedUser

Hi, I am in Chapter III, and getting close to unlocking Needles of the Tempest and Endless Excavation. What are your thoughts on their usefulness in the beginning and also in the end game?

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Here's an old thread that I think is still relevant. It's 8 pages just discussing the various AW's and their benefits. Post #18 on page 1 is a comprehensive explanation of the various wonders and the stage/play-style/conditions under which they are each beneficial (or not).
https://us.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/best-ancient-wonders.13605/

IMO, both of those AW's are beneficial from the moment you can build them onward. My first city is in Constructs now and I continue to benefit from them. The EE easily replaces a WS in terms of production: It uses no population or culture and does not grow in size as it upgrades either. NoT speeds up your barracks production, taking less time to make the same number of troops. As you upgrade your armories and your training size grows, the training times get longer. When you're at a place where your barracks are at max level, it's helpful in keeping the training time manageable until you reach the next research tech for a barracks upgrade.

DeletedUser20951

Love 'em both and highly recommend building them. The Needles will make your light ranged units fairly mighty, as well, and isn't to be scoffed at. I don't really notice the extra relics from the Excavation, but I certainly don't mind receiving more when I complete provinces.

kctanzen

I would place a Needles and keep squad sizes as low as possible -- I focus on the tourneys however.

Needles + Monastery / sanctuary and leveling them both up nicely puts you well on your way to being able to get lots of goodies from tourneys.

Needles is one of the least KP expensive wonders to level up as well (added bonus ... adds some oomph to all your archer types!!)

EE -- depends on play style. If you log in just a couple times of day, this will probably be be a nice fit, though it is a pretty big footprint early on for the output.
I collect several times a day and didn't place it (have it temporarily for event, boosting supplies lost from toolboxed workshops and adding extra relics).
Considering keeping it, since it is now smaller footprint than a workshop and outpaces production of a regular one unless I do short cycle PoP spells.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Love 'em both and highly recommend building them. The Needles will make your light ranged units fairly mighty, as well, and isn't to be scoffed at. I don't really notice the extra relics from the Excavation, but I certainly don't mind receiving more when I complete provinces.

When completing a province gets you 8 relics without the Excavation, or 9+ relics with the Excavation, and your event quest says Collect 9 Relics, you definitely notice it. lol

I am trying to get mine to level 10 right now, so that it will add +3 relics when completing a province. Then I will be able to complete all these Gain 11 Relics quests with just a single province.

DeletedUser20951

Then I will be able to complete all these Gain 11 Relics quests with just a single province.
DUDE, that would be handy! I don't often look at regular provinces as a way to gain relics, preferring to stick with crafting or tournies, and save encounters for the wretched completion quests during the lull between tournaments, but in a real tight, I'll have to keep that in mind. Think mine's at level eight.