• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

brown bear evolved

DeletedUser20951

it's only a 3x3
...If only I had read this yesterday. I had the PERFECT four by four spot picked out for my Polar... Yes, I didn't actually look at the darned thing's official description in the game, just relied on what I had read in the forums (which didn't mention space) and assumed, RUINOUSLY FALSELY, that the new pet would be the same size as the previous pet. It is cuter, I guess, being small (I enjoy pretending to be a giant when confronted with tiny items).

DeletedUser23318

Hmmm, I thought it held potential, what is it you don't like about it?

For a pet food building, I like the fact it's only a 3x3... that's cool.
I assume you know about maxing out all your troop producing buildings and then activate it... so yeah, I'm curious.

I am curious too. I tend to follow a more military build, so anything that gives me troops and when fed boosts my production of troops is good in my book. But everyone has their own opinion.

DeletedUser19458

I have it maxed too. It isn't super fantastical but it does exactly what I expected. I had all 3 military bases stockpiled last night, used it this morning and got 50% more troops from each building. I'm currently low on golems from the tourney so I've also ran through several time instants to quickly stock them back up. Something I would do anyways, but now it costs me 50% less time instants for the price of 1 pet food. I may do that again later in the day, closer to the 12 hours being up and I've run through today's tourney round.

The 3x3 is nice as I will be placing polar bear as well (not maxed), something I would reconsider if they were both 4x4.

Black watch

I have an update on the Brownie I placed and fed it for the first time.

Okay, I had saved up a lot of time instants, well over 20 8 hour and still had around 80 1 hour's in the "bank" I had to refresh my supplies several times and my squad size right now is 1,791 for reference and I"m in S&D.
I have AWs working to help my production too.
So the numbers I produced with feeding and using those time boosts are...

Barracks:
Archers made- 10 squads = 17,910
Mages- 10 squads = 4,480
Paladins- 10 squads = 2,990
Mortars- 22 squads = 6,578

Training barracks:
Dogs- 62 squads made =111,042
Dryads- 60 squads = 53,760
Banshee- 73 squads made =43,581
Orc Warrior- 42 squads made = 37,632
Orc Strat- 10 squads made =8,960

Merc Camp:
Drone- 26 squads made = 23,296
Ranger- 7 squads made = 12,537
Blossom Mage- 9 squads made =5,373

Total just to the troops being made with time boost support: 328,139 troops.
This is a massive change in my production.
The Bear is still active and producing my barracks troops at the elevated level still, so I have most of the 12 hrs left to add to my numbers.
If you set up and plan for it, you too can have this kind of response. All three troop buildings were finished waiting for the bear to be fed.

341 extra squads on top of your regular production.... I thinks it's worth it!!!

Edited "without" to "with"... sorry for the brain fart

Last edited:

Black watch

You must also have to use supply instants to produce all those troops? Whenever I use time boosts to accelerate troop production I deplete my supplies that my workshops can't keep up.
``

Yes I mentioned that I had to refresh my supplies in the first part. I think 3 times and now it's almost empty again.

Nice for a one-time boost, but it doesn't sound particularly sustainable - where are you going to get that many time boosts on a consistent basis?

You're right, that kind can't be sustainable, but for a 3x3 building with one pet food. I think it was totally worth it. It's completely transformed my Training troops into something I can use well.

I figure the events from now on, will have me constantly aiming for time boosts... well, I'm already doing that.

The production on the barracks though is still showing nice gains while it's active. AND if a person fills up their training production and then feeds their bear, the results are still pretty darn good. I really like the fact that its 12 hrs of production.
I was talking to a clan-mate this morning about the Storm Phoenix and the fact it's only active for 3 hrs... Well, you get your one boost, then don't have time to get a 3 hr production to follow. You just don't have the time.
Now, since I don't have one of those placed, I can only guess as to the benefits, but 12 hrs for the bear, I can work with that.

Now that I have my huge boost, I can work with MAINTAINING my army instead of trying to grow it too.

I'm very pleased with this prize. I can work with it and I'm glad I almost crippled my city getting it... LOL
I hope this helps someone.

qaccy

I still don't subscribe to maxing out all 3 training buildings before feeding the bear, but I guess that's just me. My training is based on whatever tournament is currently running, and I rarely need a unit from each type of training building because the different strengths of each unit mean you only need one or maybe two different types. For example, during a magic dust tournament I pretty much only use Cerberus. Training up Barbarians or Drone Riders would be a waste of my time and/or supplies, even if I was getting the Bear's bonus with their collections. Similar situation for every other tournament. Just stick to training what you need instead of trying to get 'value' out of things you don't.

Deleted User - 3932582

I still don't subscribe to maxing out all 3 training buildings before feeding the bear, but I guess that's just me. My training is based on whatever tournament is currently running, and I rarely need a unit from each type of training building because the different strengths of each unit mean you only need one or maybe two different types. For example, during a magic dust tournament I pretty much only use Cerberus. Training up Barbarians or Drone Riders would be a waste of my time and/or supplies, even if I was getting the Bear's bonus with their collections. Similar situation for every other tournament. Just stick to training what you need instead of trying to get 'value' out of things you don't.
I did (and still do, mostly) the same thing - especially when I ran down troops to nothing every tournament. But it can be done differently, especially if you have some reserve of troops. Don't train just for the current tournament - train for the next 3 or so (it's not really consecutive 3, but is based on production building type). Say, marble tournament is coming up, so you want to use Blossom Princess from the Mercenary Camp for marble, and then you plan to use Dryads from the Training Grounds for the steel, and then Golems from the Barracks for planks. So you train all these 3 in a week before marble. Sure, you will train less mages during this week, but you're not wasting time or supplies. You're just paying it forward. More dryads and golems means next time you need them in the tournament you will need to produce less of them, and it will also mean you will be producing mages during some other week(s).

This simply reshuffles your production over the tournament cycle - you can still have exactly the same number of productions of every troop type over that period, they will just be more spread out. So in the example above instead of 300 BPs week 1 / 300 dryads week 2 / 300 golems week 3 you'll switch to 100 BP+100 dryads+100 golems in week 1, and the same in weeks 2 and 3. Total output (and hence tournament performance) is the same, but this setup is better for juicing production with the Brown Bear.

It may require a bit of initial transition (less tournament participation or more time boosts spent) in the first few weeks.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Nice for a one-time boost, but it doesn't sound particularly sustainable - where are you going to get that many time boosts on a consistent basis?
You clearly have your priorities wrong:
upload_2019-10-14_19-43-9.png

upload_2019-10-14_19-43-55.png

upload_2019-10-14_19-45-16.png

upload_2019-10-14_19-46-36.png

upload_2019-10-14_19-50-33.png

Don't train just for the current tournament - train for the next 3 or so
...or so...
upload_2019-10-14_19-53-39.png

DeletedUser23049

``

Yes I mentioned that I had to refresh my supplies in the first part. I think 3 times and now it's almost empty again.

You're right, that kind can't be sustainable, but for a 3x3 building with one pet food. I think it was totally worth it. It's completely transformed my Training troops into something I can use well.

I figure the events from now on, will have me constantly aiming for time boosts... well, I'm already doing that.

The production on the barracks though is still showing nice gains while it's active. AND if a person fills up their training production and then feeds their bear, the results are still pretty darn good. I really like the fact that its 12 hrs of production.
I was talking to a clan-mate this morning about the Storm Phoenix and the fact it's only active for 3 hrs... Well, you get your one boost, then don't have time to get a 3 hr production to follow. You just don't have the time.
Now, since I don't have one of those placed, I can only guess as to the benefits, but 12 hrs for the bear, I can work with that.

Now that I have my huge boost, I can work with MAINTAINING my army instead of trying to grow it too.

I'm very pleased with this prize. I can work with it and I'm glad I almost crippled my city getting it... LOLI hope this helps someone.
Thank you great idea on the produce XXX troops for quest. I have no idea why i hadn't thought of that.