• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Here a bear, there a bear

Maevie

I'd ask why, but figure everyone has their reasons based on personal play style.

I chose the Panda because I could use another source of non-boosted T2 goods aside from the Trader, traveling merchants, and the small Spire prizes I've gotten so far. When I have more space and if more artifacts come my way in the future, I'd probably go for the Brown Bear as well. The tournament bonus on Polar is nice, but I don't need the extra Magic Dust as the Carnival set already gives me about 16K of it every day.

DeletedUser20951

I have been fortunate enough to max my Polar, and I might place a Brown if I can get it to at least level four (so I can generate a type of unit I'm far off from producing, the frogs), but I like each bear, really. I have a compulsion for completing all six rounds of however many tournament provinces I decide to compete in, and that's often tough to swing every week, and being able to condense a tournie is great for me (the Maze is far off, too), along with magical goods and portal profits. I produce more first tier than second and more second than third, and I'm still in the process of balancing my output.

qaccy

Brown Bear with Polar a distant (but still useful) second. Panda really isn't that great. No amount of goods production will keep up with a 100% cater/negotiate playstyle; no matter how much you're producing, you're always going to run out of goods before you run out of stuff you can use goods for. I'd never be able to cater 50+ tournament provinces a week even if my entire city was focused on producing goods, but that's easily doable with fighting especially now with the Brown Bear. So I always spring for anything that boosts military in some way while I consider anything else to be basically worthless.

Maevie

I still like the Panda too. The running out of goods before running out of stuff to use goods on argument doesn't make me regret my choice, if that was the aim and wouldn't deter me if I hadn't already decided. The goods are always needed for research techs, where strictly focusing everything on military boosts isn't helpful. Some people's cities don't revolve around fighting or Tournaments, so it makes little sense for them to focus everything on their military.

Nonetheless, I did make space for a baby (Stage 3) Brown Bear, which I hope to be able to upgrade fully in the future. I'd try to get more artifacts for it now, but am out of time for this event due to IRL obligations.

Last edited:

Black watch

I just posted this in the other Bear thread. Hope this helps

I have an update on the Brownie I placed and fed it for the first time.

Okay, I had saved up a lot of time instants, well over 20 8 hour and still had around 80 1 hour's in the "bank" I had to refresh my supplies several times and my squad size right now is 1,791 for reference and I"m in S&D.
I have AWs working to help my production too.
So the numbers I produced with feeding and using those time boosts are...

Barracks:
Archers made- 10 squads = 17,910
Mages- 10 squads = 4,480
Paladins- 10 squads = 2,990
Mortars- 22 squads = 6,578

Training barracks:
Dogs- 62 squads made =111,042
Dryads- 60 squads = 53,760
Banshee- 73 squads made =43,581
Orc Warrior- 42 squads made = 37,632
Orc Strat- 10 squads made =8,960

Merc Camp:
Drone- 26 squads made = 23,296
Ranger- 7 squads made = 12,537
Blossom Mage- 9 squads made =5,373

Total just to the troops being made without time boost support: 328,139 troops.
This is a massive change in my production.
The Bear is still active and producing my barracks troops at the elevated level still, so I have most of the 12 hrs left to add to my numbers.
If you set up and plan for it, you too can have this kind of response. All three troop buildings were finished waiting for the bear to be fed.

341 extra squads on top of your regular production.... I thinks it's worth it!!!

Alistaire

Brown bear is a must at 10. I like the panda as a couple of these helps out with tier 2 goods, which is my shortest in all my cities. Polar is nice if you don't have a timewarp. Increasing it doesn't get it much better. You get a 10% cooldown just for placing it, but it takes 9 relics to get another 10%. Why bother?
Also I'm personally keeping my polar bear at 9, the last couple % tourney reduction won't make a difference and at this point (start of amuni) I'd actually rather have a 5% supply instant over another portal profit.

Deleted User - 3932582

2x L10 Brown Bears and 1x L10 Polar Bear here. Polar bear is rather marginal for me, so just got it for seeds, portal profits and some situational tournament time compression (probably would only be used for events). Each one is not particularly good, but the sum of it all is decent. Especially comparing to Panda, which just wasn't special enough for me. I'll probably focus on leveling my Winter Market set and Moonstone Library set for T2 production.

SparklyTreeDancer

I also have 2x Level 10 Brown Bears and a Level 10 Polar Bear. 100% boost on troop builds is awesome for those that fight. Can load Training Camp, Merc Camp and Barracks with 5-6 complete sets of units each, then collect nice bonus in troops. Polar also helpful by allowing tourney to be less time urgent for me.