• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ancient Wonder Helper Restriction

Mykan

Oh Wise One
An even better idea would be, before the Wonder is full, to have the ability to reject, or eject someone's KP. Over the years I have played, more than once I have looked at the KP added and seen a player long since gone inactive, or a player that bailed on the fellowship or was kicked out. Those players neither need nor deserve anything for their KP, while other helpers are hurt by it.

Honestly can you imagine the abuse and fighting such a feature would cause. Has potential to rip fellowships apart. I could just go oh I don't like X now, boot your KP, or perhaps someone I want to get top prize is second, ok boot to number 1. How do you then deal with the mass influx of KP?

Personally I don't see the issue with people donating KP around like butterflies. A decent KP program should ensure such people get 0 chests (if thats the concern) and if your a solo player wouldn't every donation be welcome? certainly is for me when I solo level.

DeletedUser24392

I've been getting 1 KP donations from a player whose username is an insulting play on mine, i.e. this is someone's second (third, fourth, fifth?) account they have set up and this one was setup just to troll me. I wish there was a way to block such donations.

JeanFritz

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a "FS-only" filter, just for the sake of those neighbours who out-bid for the top prize by 1 KP. My preference is to fill up the AW KP mostly on my own, and then let FS members collect the prizes--I recommend a series of donations (roughly half of the KP from each of the treasures), and that guarantees that those who help me get more back in return. (To be honest, the maths behind KP threads just don't add up to being "better", to me; I have no problem with others participating, but I don't do KP threads myself, as I don't find them helpful.) So, given how I'd rather my KP "gifts" go to FS members, and how irritating it is to have somebody else snipe the top reward (sometimes causing my fellows to receive less than they've given), I'd be happy to have that FS-only option. (Just my $2.) ;)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I've been getting 1 KP donations from a player whose username is an insulting play on mine, i.e. this is someone's second (third, fourth, fifth?) account they have set up and this one was setup just to troll me. I wish there was a way to block such donations.
So someone wants to bug you so much that they created a city with a play on your name and worked their way through two chapters just so they could give you free KP? I'd laugh all the way to the bank. And trade some KP with someone I like so they get nothing back.

DeletedUser24392

So someone wants to bug you so much that they created a city with a play on your name and worked their way through two chapters just so they could give you free KP? I'd laugh all the way to the bank. And trade some KP with someone I like so they get nothing back.

They're putting an insult on my page when they do it. Pretty ugly thing to do. I do trade with others so their "rewards" are minimized, but the reward for them is knowing they keep up the insults. I honestly can't believe the developers allow this.

Vergazi

My takeaway from this thread is that, through implication imo, the idea is being floated that kp swap clubs should be not only endorsed, but officially adopted by IG and integrated into the game in such a way as to block outsiders from donating KPs to your kp clubs members.

This whole idea seems to me to be petty, pointless and partisan and would only serve to promote division between players in a way that is unhealthy and, moreover, woul dbe damaging to the game's social aspect in a general way.

If such a system were made a part of the game I would do with it what I do now with kp swap clubs...ignore them.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My takeaway from this thread is that, through implication imo, the idea is being floated that kp swap clubs should be not only endorsed, but officially adopted by IG and integrated into the game in such a way as to block outsiders from donating KPs to your kp clubs members.

This whole idea seems to me to be petty, pointless and partisan and would only serve to promote division between players in a way that is unhealthy and, moreover, woul dbe damaging to the game's social aspect in a general way.

If such a system were made a part of the game I would do with it what I do now with kp swap clubs...ignore them.

Reward poachers and (most) minimal point donation players already damage the social aspect of this part of the game.

If Inno would get off their butts and do the things for the game, and the mobile app in particular, that players have been asking for, such as KP donation for mobile players, then maybe another third of my fellowship would be able to donate to AWs and push those baby donations to the bottom of the list where there is no reward for them. And there would be more players who could donate in general, and fill up the bar more quickly, perhaps keeping those reward poachers from finding and adding to your AW in the first place, so they cannot steal a reward from a fellowship member or a good neighbor.

And my original complaint did not include all donations from random players, but rather the jerks who troll around the map to find AWs to put in their stupid 1 or 2 or 3 KP. If someone has discovered me and puts in a few points, that is fine because that means they can also do neighbor visits, but someone 30 or 50 or 100 rings away from me doing this is nothing but a jerk. I would use stronger words, but I am sure the mods would not like that.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Except your interpreting peoples motivations. Yep there are snipers, no doubt about it and you learn the names of the ones in your "area" quick enough. However you never know why someone drops KP into your wonder. Maybe they were new and figuring out what things did, maybe they liked a post you did on the forum and wanted to give you some kp, maybe they are a social butterfly. The point is everyone who drops in a couple kp is not a sniper or has nasty intentions.

I find it funny that a person is "stealing"/sniping KP if you don't know them but its ok for a fellowship member or neighbour to do the same. To me thats like saying my fellows can post 1 star trades but if anyone else does it they are the scum of the earth. Personally regardless of a persons intention if they get a chest with only 5kp then good for them. If a person is self-levelling they they should be happy for help (they can always prevent donors if they want) and if they have a swap program it should be capable of handling it (or find a better scheme).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
They're putting an insult on my page when they do it. Pretty ugly thing to do. I do trade with others so their "rewards" are minimized, but the reward for them is knowing they keep up the insults. I honestly can't believe the developers allow this.
it's only insulting if you let it be. Posting about it here is pretty much the worst thing you could do, besides sending them a message that says "Stop doing that." Every time they elicit a response from you, they are getting positive feedback.

shimmerfly

It's perfectly fine to not be thankful for a gift you didn't want, but to suggest the developers throw up walls to stop it is pretty selfish. It removes one of the few ways for players who are not in an FS together to "communicate" their gratitude to a larger player they haven't yet discovered.
I agree.
I often donate Kp to neighbors as a thank you for their visits or trades. Not for any payback.
I don't expect anything in return for doing something I consider kind or makes me a happier person.
I hope this remains a choice. I'm not a FS player so it gives me some satisfaction to be able to help a little.

Maevie

I sometimes donate KP as a thank you gift if the player gives me neighborly help but I can't do the same for them yet or if I'm stuck on tech + full on my own AW's. It's not about the reward - frankly, I really couldn't care less whether I get anything out of it or not. As far as I'm concerned, I already got something nice from a previous interaction (or several) and just want to give something back to that individual.

And it is typically a lot more generous than 3 KP - more like 12, 15, 20, +. :rolleyes: This is not to one-up other donors. I don't even pay much attention to how much other people have donated, or if I donated more or less. If it happens to be less, then I'm not "stealing" their rewards - I'm getting very little if anything for myself. *shrug* If it's more, I didn't know that I was violating some unwritten rule of AW KP donation etiquette.

I also wasn't aware that people had such strong feelings about who donates to their AW's and how far away they should be on the map before they're automatically thought of in derogatory terms...that were watered down for the forums...so there are actually worse things that you'd call them...although they have no idea that their "help" isn't wanted.

I'll certainly keep this discussion in mind next time I want to show gratitude to another player whom I cannot help any other way.

Alistaire

I'll certainly keep this discussion in mind next time I want to show gratitude to another player whom I cannot help any other way.

I wouldn't worry about it. This is far from the typical player's point of view. Possibly the worst suggestion I've seen on here, and one that would have no redeeming qualities for Inno to consider a good reason to implement it.

DeletedUser16929

I've heard this complaint about random trolls (and I am sometimes one of those random trolls) winning reward chests instead of friends. My thought is that if random strangers are helping you more than your friends then maybe you need better friends rather than worse strangers.
very well said!... are we really strangers?

NightshadeCS

@Enevhar Aldarion I hope you can try to look at it a different way. I sometimes search around amongst the folks on the leaderboard near me because I am in desperate need of some rune shards for a certain AW I am trying to level. If I find someone who doesn't seem to have a bunch of FS members contributing and those chests will just go to waste, I consider it a useful investment to throw in a few KP hoping to get the rune I need.

It also sometimes happens that myself or another FS member may announce in chat that there are chests available and others will also contribute. We never purposely knock off FS members who have contributed. Most often it has only been contributed to by the owner.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
@Enevhar Aldarion I hope you can try to look at it a different way. I sometimes search around amongst the folks on the leaderboard near me because I am in desperate need of some rune shards for a certain AW I am trying to level. If I find someone who doesn't seem to have a bunch of FS members contributing and those chests will just go to waste, I consider it a useful investment to throw in a few KP hoping to get the rune I need.

It also sometimes happens that myself or another FS member may announce in chat that there are chests available and others will also contribute. We never purposely knock off FS members who have contributed. Most often it has only been contributed to by the owner.

I also always announce in my fellowship when I am getting close enough and I also make sure to tell my fellowship to not worry if they put more points in than some random world map troll and push them down a spot or three and out of the rewards. I also make sure to not say that if the world map contributors are players who I trade with or who visit me. Those are the good world map people.

You know what would bother me less about these people? Since Inno coding in the kind of restrictions I suggested seems highly unlikely and too much work, how about a simple setting for each AW where we can set a minimum number of KP someone can add? Similar coding is already in the game with the Trader and being able to set different amounts for goods. Do the same for Wonders. Add a drop-down menu that gives us the option to set a minimum contribution ranging from 0-25 or something. If I hate the random 1 or 3 point trolls, I can set it to a 5 or 10 KP minimum before they can add points to earn a chest. Or set it to 0, so that fellowships members can add those 2 or 3 points when it gets close to done. And of course, it would be programmed so that even if you change the minimum to a higher amount from a previous lower amount, anyone who added when it was a lower amount would stay in their spot on the list.