• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfSinger

I think something that would help a great deal with the not so random randomness of the quests - if they are going to continue with the endless quest thing - is to DO AWAY with having TWO Quests lists that are essentially the same with less than a handful of additional quests on the second list. ONE list with percentages for each quest an NON REPEAT within a set # of quests parameter.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Are there new devs? Is all of this the result of some shift in role between devs? It sure feels like it to me but I was wondering perhaps you knew more.

I had heard Timon had changed roles in the company but that might not be true. Rumors have a tendency to outlive the truth.
It's not a rumour, no. Timon told us himself in the last episode of Elvenar TV he was involved with, they call it Q&A now (EDIT: I think it was July 2018). And then there is the video for Constructs, they are explicit that it's his last chapter. So Timon did the set buildings but the evolving items are the new team.

GlamDoll

So Timon did the set buildings but the evolving items are the new team.

Along with the rest of your post, thanks for the heads-up. If this is indeed the case, at least, now I understand the fluster-cuck!.

Why can't I just let this game 'burn' in the dust & move along?!

:/

I hope they either fix the game, OR, at least fix their comments on the login screen....

It is beyond obvious & ridiculous! Even to the most casual observers, among us!

Fayeanne

Just took this. I'm just gonna leave it right here to be sent on to Inno. I think it speaks for itself.

I'm pretty sure what that tip is trying to say is if your boosted good has a smaller-sized Manufactory (example: Marble for Humans) then you need to build more of them to get the same output than if your boost is a larger building (example: Steel for Humans).

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
The tips were written by someone who's first language isn't English. At least one isn't even a complete thought, ending with "just remember that...." Trying to hold most of them to any particular definition is grasping at straws.

neeronie

I already mentioned the repeats and time consuming quests, and thank you for trying to improve that situation, but I have to add that several quests have the same basic requirements which result in messing up the game for general growth. Those are the ones that require relics, scouting and completing provinces. Since the usual quest giver also gives you solve encounters and fight and win, and gain relics that makes it worse.

In my smaller city, I now only have very hard provinces to to unlock and need to finish 10 more provinces at the hard level before I can go on in research levels. Since the Event is also hard on goods that has already slowed my progress down, to borrow another players word, to "slog" speed. I can't fight to win these provinces and will have to cater all the way. I wish I had stopped doing the Event in this city, too, as I did in my other cities.

I have to ask, what is the purpose of Events? Are they supposed be fun and entertain players to give them a break from the ordinary game play or slow them down so they don't run out of things to do in the game and maybe buy diamonds. This message sounds more sour grapes that intended but you get my drift.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Enevhar Aldarion I've been playing for about a year now in the new city I created. I hope the reason I'm seeing all those empty cities on the World Map is Inno moved them but most of the players have only their Main Hall standing and their cities have been like this for over a year. That tells me they have left. I had a dozen friends that joined and left after a few months of playing. They told me the constant events are what drove them away. They don't have a chance to recoup their losses and the events are just too difficult for new players. This event with all its random quests that get stuck repeating the same two or three quests over and over again, in my opinion, was designed to make us spend diamonds.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Quests that repeat themselves over and over, are not random. They’re in a loop, like receiving back to back “Gain Relics” or “Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor.” The way these quests have been programmed has caused a shortage of supplies, coins and goods for me, my fellowship and neighbors. Without goods, we can’t trade with each other, can’t do any research. Without coins, I can’t scout provinces, and without supplies I can’t fight or negotiate because I can’t train my troops. Oh yes, I could spend diamonds, if I was a rich man… or woman.

Not only am I having a hard time with this event in my Chapter 4 city but my city that’s up to Chapter 8 is struggling also. My higher-level city has not one instant to evolve one bear.

After waiting days for the tournament to arrive, I finally finished the “Gain 9 Relics” quest and now another quest that has shown up so many times I’ve lost count is next in line: the quest to “Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor.” I think I should stop playing this event before my citizens pack up and move, or I do the same.

One more important item that needs addressing is the lack of pet food. You gave us bears and phoenixes, now please give us food to brew in our labs for them. They don’t really help us if they’re not fed.

DeletedUser20644

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, since there are SO many complaints about this event, I couldn’t even read them all... however, the programmer that developed the animation for the level 10 brown bear should be fired!! You can’t tell me that you haven’t thought the same thing. That is EXACTLY what it looks like!! Do they not even look at these things before placing them into the game!?!?

If you haven’t seen a level 10 brown bear, find one and take a look.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So......I built the AW's that produce troops, and I finally got past the quest. Thank you for the suggestion. I still hate that they're there, since my play style is not fighting, but thank you.

If you only built them at level one, and have plenty of extra rune shards for them, then you can always sell them after the event and build them again the next time you need them. The side bonus to doing that is getting broken shards you can use in a Wonder you actually want to build and upgrade. :)

DeletedUser16422

Based on the changes presented in the past two events, I must assume that the game developers wanted to prevent players from having a list of quests in order to prepare for the event, and further, to prevent them from constructing low level buildings to complete the quests. My question, in both cases, is, "Why?" I am one of the great many players who enjoy completing the events in this manner. I like finishing early, earning the prizes, and then getting back to normal game play. Players who want to be surprised can simply not avail themselves of the lists that are published online. The so-called "random" quests presented in these recent events, were difficult, cumbersome, very time consuming, and for advanced cities, especially, sometimes simply impossible. What is the motive and goal of the changes that have been made? If the goal is frustration, you succeeded.

DeletedUser2768

If you only built them at level one, and have plenty of extra rune shards for them, then you can always sell them after the event and build them again the next time you need them. The side bonus to doing that is getting broken shards you can use in a Wonder you actually want to build and upgrade. :)

I have the room for them, and I'd forget to rebuild them next time. :)

Arayla

Anyone get a bear with just hard work and not spending a bunch of diamonds?
I got 2 brown bears at level 10, plus 18 extra artifacts. I'll have 4 bears at level 10. I'm waiting to place them until after I start the next guest race and know my layout.

I got this with zero diamonds, no stash outpost, no special purchases. The main reason I was able to do this is because I realized I needed to scout and clear 30 provinces in order to start Chapter 15. I focused on winning time boosts and using those to speed up scouting. I probably will not be in a position to do this again.

Deleted User - 3932582

I got this with zero diamonds, no stash outpost, no special purchases. The main reason I was able to do this is because I realized I needed to scout and clear 30 provinces in order to start Chapter 15. I focused on winning time boosts and using those to speed up scouting. I probably will not be in a position to do this again.
Same here. I was underscouted just finishing Constructs, so I had no reservations dumping timeboosts into scouts as I had to clear ~35 provinces. I also had to grab a ton of new seed generation capacity and timeboosts for chapter 15, so I hit the event harder than I originally planned (2x L10 bears). I still didn't go as far as @arayla, so will only get 3x L10 bears, but I've got my second brown bear, and I have really no use for a second polar bear or a panda, so I stopped as soon as I hit the second brown bear.

No diamonds here either, not even farmed ones.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
(Sorry to create another thread on the topic. But given its length I felt it might be better. Feel free to move it if im wrong. Im also going to try and break this into two/three posts as its much longer then the 10,000 character limit per post.)

There has been a hundred different times since I started playing elvenar, around 2-3 years ago, that I thought about creating an account on these forums to voice a displeasure, or more often a suggestion for improvement. But i never bothered following through with it. This time however, I am. But not to complain about the current Autumn Event like most ppl iv seen are. But to say Thank You for it. Make no mistake about it, its not perfect. But so much change is in this event. Most of which was a result of trying to listen to player feedback and improve the system game play. Once some balancing is done I believe these changes will be a great improvement, despite ppls current complaining. And I will go through them (or at least what i remember at the time of typing this) to explain my thoughts.

Before I get into that tho, I also would like to acknowledge the other work being done. Personally, I usually always believe that in any game or any system, improvements to the system and the UI should come before adding new content. (I know its not always as simple as that.) But in the last several months there has been notable improvements to the UI, as well as work for new content such as the spire and the work on the next chapter. On top of changes that many ppl probably wernt even aware would ever need to be done, such as the conversion from java to html5. So you guys seem to have had your hands full in working at each category of improvement. - And a special thanks to those that worked on creating the new badge collection system for fellowship adventures!! That very well may go down as one of the best improvements in my time here. With the old system, if I tried something like a brewers badge, the end result would be a legit massive migraine. Pain, pressure, sensitivity to light and sound, very sick to my stomach. and some times it could last days. Mine can be quite crippling at times. The new system really help make those issues not happen. So needless to say now, im a big fan of the new collection system! Thank You! And in addition to that, Id also like to say that I enjoy the new option for starting all the resting workshops at once. Its been on mobile, and now being tested some on the live servers. Its a feature that really does make things easier. Especially the aforementioned brewers badge! I cant wait to see that expanded to everyone and to manufacturies!

Now onto the many changes in the quests/events that we have seen as of late. First up is the never ending quests. This is probably the least complained about change that I have seen. But iv seen it none the less. - I think its a great idea to help satisfy all different levels of players. Those that like going all out and truly go all out as far as they can, meanwhile those that only like bothering a little bit can do just that. The lack of a final quest or an ending to the quest line also helps deal with the ocd type of players that feel the need to finish the entire line of quests no matter what. (Of which I am usually apart of.) Knowing that there is no end to it helps negate that fact (In my mind at least.) There is no end, so I cant get there. No need to stress out over that. Just do the quests to get the goal I wish, be it instants, or a building. Once there, anything else is optional. And I can relax more. So I believe this never ending quest system really does help meet the needs and desires of all different types of players.

Second up is the randomizing of quests. Now this one I do understand why many ppl are annoyed with. But I also believe many of those players are only looking at half the picture. Now i have heard that inno never intended for the events to have the cheat sheets from beta server to let us now exactly what is coming, when its coming, and how many is needed. But it was a side effect of testing a system in beta and then moving the same system to the live servers. Randomizing them helps put the system back to the way it was intended to be. This is very similar to the change a while back from torney rewards where they changed the kp reward to the AW KP instant of the same values. Where it solved the issue of ppl getting the torney kp reward, which would fill up there bars and stop there clock, as well as changing it over to how it was intended on being used.- I will acknowledge tho, the difference it can make between accounts. On on of my accounts i got the 9 artifacts a good week+ ago. While on my main city there is only 24h left of the event and i still havnt reached what my second city did a week ago. And both are at the same point of the game with the same number of workshops and factories. Randomness can make a big difference. And ill admit that it does make working multiple cities more of a pain.

The second part of the randomizing complaints I hear are about how it will take longer to complete quests thus we will be getting less event points. Which is true, to a degree. Quests do take longer to finish when we cant prepare for them. But thats where Inno has to rebalance the system to make the reward vs the quest vs the over all time table suitable for event goals. So that is nothing more then a balancing issue that should be resolved in time as inno sees the static's of how the events play out.

Next up, and in conjunction with not being able to prepare in advance anymore, is probably the most complained about thing iv heard all event. And that is the newest change of needing our workshops and t1 manufactories at a specific level based on our chapter. And this is one topic I feel that both inno and the player base have been in both the right and the wrong on.

People have been complaining for a long time now about the space needed to be able to build the lvl 1 ws/factory army for each event. Room is the hardest thing to find. Its hard just to get our cities the way we want them. Then we get new event buildings that are some times worth having. Then tacking on the room needed for guest races can be very trying. And now we have to somehow find even more room to make 600 lvl 1 buildings to do the event in as well?! Yea... it was out of hand.

But how do you stop lvl 1 building spamming? I really only see two options. The first would be limiting the amount of ws and factories that can be used in an event. You cant stop them from being built, so you'd have to find a way to code in that only a certain amount for each player will be accepted. And i dont even know how you would go about trying to do that. I simply dont see it happening. It would also be very confusing to many of the player base. So thats a horrible option.

So how do we stop lvl 1 building spam? Simple.. make them need to be a higher lvl then lvl 1. A much more simple approach. It kills the need for lvl 1 building spamming while making use of the buildings we normally have. No extra room needed for the quests. (Altho it remains to be seen what will happen with Fellowship Adventures.) Its a very good idea, if balanced right. So I support this completely.

The failure, put simply, was inno's not telling the player base about this change in a drastic advance. This change came as a shock to many players who had to struggle for days or more to try and get things in there city to be even capable of doing the quests. The only ones that i saw that were prepared in the slightest were those of us that follow beta players in other groups. - Even I myself only found out about it 3 days or so before the event was scheduled to start in the live worlds. And it took me every minute available to try and get my city in order to be able to participate in the event. For me personally, I needed lvl 16 manufactories. All my five steel factories were lvl 15. Which may seem like a simple fix, but it was far from it. I left them at lvl 15 for a reason. While most upgrades at that level were around 40-50 population, the jump from lvl 15 to lvl 16 was 444 population per factory. So a total of 2220 population needed for that. And I had about 18 population left... The upgrade would also change the factories shape and I was very tight on room. AND just to add to that, upgrading my residences the final two levels (for my chapter) in order to get that population would also change shape and increase the squares they took up. So I truly had to revamp and reorganize my entire city for this. - Which im not complaining that I had to change things, only that the time frame was so small in which to do it in. And I still had more time then most.

So the idea behind lvl specific buildings is a good one. Tho it may take time to decide where the line is and to balance it. The failure was not telling us in time. So i understand why a lot of ppl were complaining about this. Because to many, they were blind sided by the change.

Now that may have been the biggest issue, but it wasnt the last. There were also adjustments made mid event. Some ppl were complaining about the cap of event currency being reduced to 80. There is not a lot to say about that one. Its called balancing a new system. Its going to happen. It should happen. Everything wont be 100% perfect from the start.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
The removal of certain quests.. Another thing ppl have been saying for a long time. And im glad you listed to this one. Certain quests were very problematic to the games over all play design. People wanted this. Inno gave it to them. And it ultimately led to more complaining.

Complete a province
T1 Factory 24 hour production
T1 Factory 48 hour production
Upgrade x buildings to lvl x or higher

All of these were complained about by the player base heavily. And were all Removed. (Thank you.) And they truly could be incredibly problematic for players.

(In fact for me personally, there is only one quest left that I truly dont like. And that is the 'BUY ## KP'. Iv hated that one since i first started this game. But i do know a small amount of ppl that like it. But i think i will always hate that one. I would much rather it be 'SPEND ## KP' or 'Donate ## KP to AW' or at the very least, keep the buying number very small. - That my one personal thing in this report.)

The removal of these quests from the grand list obviously makes the list shorter. Then ppl complained about the manufactories and workshop level issue stated above, so inno, in a rush, reduced the amount of times that those quests would show up. (Which i dont fully understand. If they have the factories, then its not a problem. If they dont have the correct lvl factories then whether it shows up once or ten times, its still the same issue.) But anyway, with the over all alterations of quests removed, and then more quests limited, its no big surprise that the remaining quests would show up a whole lot more. Which caused a lot more complaining.

I do believe this will sort itself out in time with balancing adjustments. Once the quests are back to normal values of showing up and the players have the right factories and workshops, this will be less of an issue. Perhaps to the point of a non-issue.

So... onto the quests that are currently showing up a million times. And ill jump straight to the one every ones complaining the most about. "Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or gain 15 Vision Vapor"

The quest that currently makes us shudder when it comes up. This whole bit is filled such delightfully horrible irony on many different levels. So much complaining about this one. Some of it legit, but a lot of its design was based on things wanted in player feedback.

Some of the legit complaints. Yes, this shows up way to damn much. Im hoping this will be solved in balancing as i mentioned in the last topic. Yes, scouting in general is always going to be problematic for the majority of the player base. Only the new and low level players will have an easy or decent time with that. Once you reach chapter 5+ scouting takes a long time. Mine are at about 14 hours a scout. Some of my Fellowship mates say theirs are 2-3 days per scout. And thats a lot time for a single quest. Much less one that shows up constantly. And it gets even worse for those that are at there chapter 'limit/requirement' for scouting, or are over scouted. - Research technology; obviously, only good if you are actively progressing in the tech tree. If you are at a stand still for what ever reason, or you finished the tech tree, then this isnt even an option.

Personally, my main city is stuck in the tech tree at the start of orcs. Iv taken a pause there while I have been working on other things. (Upgrading AWs, building army, using tons of expiring buildings while i have the room before i make the orc city.) But im scouted enough to start the next chapter. And this is not an uncommon situation. But as such, the 'scout 1 province' and 'research 1 tech' are off the table to me. Which leaves only the 'gain 15 vision vapor'.

Gain 15 vision Vapor.. the ultimate product of player feedback used in a manner that has really annoyed them this event. (Again, hoping balancing will correct as mentioned before.) - I remember when i was a baby province in my first FS and listing to the bigger guys always mentioning about how they have so many unboosted relics. And they really wished for a use for them. I heard that for a long time.

So other then the newly added spire, the main way to gain vision vapor for this quest is through crafting in the Magic Academy. In order to craft these items we need spell fragments and the enchantment combining catalyst. (Granted, this is probably the most involved; multi step quest we have this event.)

Now I cant say much for spell fragments. I havnt done the spire much at all. And the only time I disenchant things are basic enchantment spells for quests the require I gain spell fragments. So I rarely am actively seeking fragments. Yet i always seem to have enough for crafting for quests. (Also worth noting, im not actively crafting lots of things out side of quests. Only pet food. If someone is crafting a lot, then they would need more fragments.)

Which leaves the combining catalysts. Both the answer and the cause to so many problems. Lets first acknowledge that combining catalysts are enchantment spells that you can make in the magic academy. Which means collecting them also completes the 'gain x enchantments' quests. Making the catalyst enchantment requires... Nonboosted relics! Finally! A use for them! And when you use the enchantment to craft something, you not only get the vision vapor for the quests, but you get an actual item as well. Be it a building, relic, instant, or kp. And to top it off, every so many items made, you get another bonus from the chest! - It really does seem like a great system to be honest.

If... and only if.. you have those non boosted relics in order to make the enchantment. If you dont... your screwed. You simply cant make them. Which is a problem not only in itself for the player, but with the vast amount of times the quest is showing up this event... we need a lot of them to keep up! Iv had my magic academy (level 5) making combining catalyst non stop. And its just barely been keeping up. But i have been trying to make a stock pile of relics for a while now. I new one day it would be needed.

So while the over all quest of 'Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or gain 15 Vision Vapor' has 3 different options, which seems like a great thing to provide alternatives, All three are very limiting. And a player can reach a point where he can not or should not complete this quests. And if they are at that point, then event over. Even if they go past what they should to get past the quest, its probably going to show up 30 more times.

So I do enjoy the irony of this; mainly the vision vapor/combining catalyst part. In its defense however, I do believe in time it will serve as a great motivator. The best way to gain relics is to do tournaments. So maybe this will encourage players in FS to actually participate in them for there own sake.

The only other potential issue is if the crafting selecting rotates and we get all 5 items at a value of 1 or 2 vision vapor each. Thats really annoying. Iv had it rotate to where all 5 items combined wouldnt reach the 15 vision vapor needed for the quest. - The downside of random. (and a great use for making/keeping petfood a common choice. Both a great item to make, and its 7 vision vapor. Tho i would love to see it changed to 8 vision vapor. Its annoying making two of them (6-8 hours crafting total) and coming up 14 of 15 vapor needed.)

So my overall feelings about this event is that most of the ideas tested here will be a great change once they are balanced, polished, and the players get used to them. I think there was a great long term eye looking at these issues as well as paying attention to the legit player feedback. I look forward to seeing all this play out once its balanced! So thank you for the work!

Status
Not open for further replies.