• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Ill end this long report with just a couple things I would like to see, regarding the event, on a personal level.

I already mentioned the 'buy kp' issue in the report. I do so hate that one. But i wont repeat it again down here.

This one might been seen as lazy on my part. To which I wont argue. But usually my event currency rewards i will save up and use all on one or two days/items. Im usually looking at something specific as opposed to a few here, a few there, a few over there that day. As such, it takes a long time to use all my currency in the rotating chests. Some times I can be there for an hour or two doing this... per city. Which is more annoying when I forget that today is the day for an item i wanted, and there only 30 min left. Like i said, my fault, my lazy. But i would enjoy seeing a way to speed that up a little. - Its hard for me to complain about getting extra rewards. Im aware of how that looks and sounds.

One quest/s I would like to see more of are the gain supply quests. This Autumn event still had gain supply quests for all types of supply productions, tho in low amounts. So i would keep four of my ten workshops on toolboxes for when that arrived so i didnt use 24 hours+ waiting on it. And id keep the remaining 6 on what ever supply quest was active. And if one wasnt active, which was often, id have them set on 9h basket of groceries to try and save time should it appear. But I often times have completed workshops laying about unclaimed. With things like 9h basket of groceries, and 24h toolboxes, i dont want to claim them willy nilly. I want to use them for when the quest shows up so im not using more time. As a result, im collecting a lot less supplies over all. In nearly all the long time running events, i always end up with no supplies left (from training military) because im not collecting them as much because im saving for quests. So id actually like to see more supply quests show up. (tho not toolboxes.) Its a good way to do the event, and keep supplies coming in (with out using instants.)

I would love to see a keyboard short cut to get into the barracks. Iv wanted that for a long time. And if there already is one and I just missed it, then please tell me!

Thats about all i can think of for now. Not a long list at all which is is a good testament to the improvements being made these last few months. And i thank you all for working on these system and UI improvements! They go a long way for us to keep our gaming sanity, and keep the game becoming a tedious chore. So keep up the good work!

(Sorry for the long post. Also for the formatting. When i copied it over to hear, it was all messed up. I tried to clean it up.)

neeronie

I do believe that there will be changes, as shall say consequence of the set up of this and the the last event. I also think that now that the new Chapter will be available soon there will not be a need for events on such a fast timeline. At least I hope not, totally with you on that point. I also agree with shimmerly that having to use prizes to get through an event is not my idea of the best use I have in mind for prize and I would hope that some more thought would be put into quests that don't drain resources. Diamonds, well, yes, it is fair in my mind to buy diamonds from time to time, I do play the game.

Alistaire

Anyone get a bear with just hard work and not spending a bunch of diamonds?
I've gotten a lvl 10 bear in several alt towns. Not all of them, but I wasn't 100% consistent in the amount of effort put into each of them (no diamonds spent on those alts though). Also got to the 2nd set of bears in my main town, spending diamonds but all from wishing wells, no $$ spent. It makes me wonder though, does Inno look at the success of the event based on diamonds spent or strictly $$ spent?

DeletedUser14718

The math wizards have figured out that the 'average' key cost per GP trail spot is 23 and change.
I round up to 25 for easy figuring and being more conservative estimate.
So .. 25 x 20 = 500 keys per GP trail.
Need 17 GP trails to get 9 evolving instants to max out a bear.
17 x 500 = 8500 keys

In this event, I am targeting the most 'efficient' GP option, not the daily prize best or other factors.
I was not sure I could amass the 8500 or so keys it will take to fully evolve one bear, let alone start another one, even with the ground spawn booster helping increase my keys from collections around my city to supplement quests.

If you aren't a highly active player or purchase a significant amount of event currency, going for the orbs that seem to appeal to you the most, or trying to get daily prizes, will most likely mean you don't get anywhere close to fully evolving a bear.

I am disabled so play whenever I am home and awake. This will be the first event of this kind I don't finish a pet. Not even close this time. And I have been using major time boosts and it still did no good for me.

LadyMiska

I'm starting to hate this game..

I'm with you.

Two years ago, when I started playing it wasn't like this and at least back then purchasing Diamonds felt like an actual Choice to enhance the experience, rather than a 'Necessary Evil'. I did purchase Diamonds at one point to fully upgrade my Magic Academy and Builder's Hut; when Crafting was added to the game. Now it seems, in order to finish ANY Event to get just ONE FULL PRIZE, purchasing Diamonds is REQUIRED.

There are 15 hours left in the event for me, I'm one Bear Artifact away from a level 10 Bear and guess what Quest pops up? Toolboxes 5 times. There is NO WAY I could finish this now. All my time spent on this Even has been Wasted.

INNO should allow the opportunity to get or craft Upgrades/Artifacts to at least finish these Evolving Buildings after the Event. Who wants a city full of Incomplete Event Buildings?

DeletedUser22890

I have feedback about this event for Inno.

First, I'm just getting bored with special events like this one. I wish there were maybe 2 a year, and better prizes. Not only are there too many of them, too close together, but the programming seems very flawed.

The "random" chest prizes often seem manipulated...for instance when I spend 142 for the biggest chest, I'm supposed to have an equal shot for the 20KP or for the 30KP instant. In multiple cities, the 30KP instant is very rare and the 20KP is fairly common. I took statistics in college, and this just isn't how math works. (On the 57 chest, I get too many coin instants!)

Furthermore, the 2 daily prizes I most wanted were the 2 I got the least of. I spent 700 trying to get the 30 1 hour instants and got 0. I spent even more event currency on the 30KP day and think I got 2. It seemed like I was less likely to win those two very popular daily prizes than I was to win anything involving a culture building.

The "random" order of goals, where you might get 3 or 4 "45 province" goals or "11 relics" right in a row also seems rigged. There are pages of complaints on this, so I won't expound.

You're using the word "random" in a way that doesn't seem random. It seems contrived, like your finger is on the scale. Like chest prizes, order of quests, and likelihood of getting a daily prize are being manipulated but you're not being upfront about it. A lot of people keep talking around this issue but not fully articulating it - WE THINK YOU ARE CHEATING.

And feeling like we are being cheated, even though we can't see your coding, and didn't do tracking to prove that this game is full of statistically abnormal distributions of prizes and quests, is making people hate this event. This is why you have 60 pages worth of mostly bad feedback about this event.

So, just to recap,
1. Space out the events
2. Be honest

Deleted User - 3932582

Furthermore, the 2 daily prizes I most wanted were the 2 I got the least of. I spent 700 trying to get the 30 1 hour instants and got 0. I spent even more event currency on the 30KP day and think I got 2. It seemed like I was less likely to win those two very popular daily prizes than I was to win anything involving a culture building.
Ha, you think this is bad? I set a few questionable records this event. One of them is a longest stretch without daily prize - I've rolled 2639 (!) keys without a single daily. There were several instances with 1500+ stretches without a daily.

Just for reference, expected number if keys per daily (on average) is supposed to be about 300 keys.

The Unbeliever

This game is turning in to a flaming pile of Ork poo...

This was easily the WORST event Elvenar has ever vomited up, between the 'randumb' quest line that would troll you with 6-7 'Scout/Research' in a row (or similarly heinous back-and-forth of 45 encounter/11 relics/45 encounters/11 relics, etc, etc...), and the bogus %'s on the so-called "rewards"...
I've basically just obliterated my poor city just to try and struggle to get 1 stupid Bear. :(

And being that I've been forced to over-scout, I'll be racing like mad to push into the next chapter while having to blow-up my entire city to re-organize it into something almost workable.

I'm through with events I think...
For the past 3 weeks I've just been constantly pissed off and hating every single minute I've wasted in this dumpster fire of a game.

So congrats Inno, you took something that wasn't broken and nuked it just to mess with a small fraction of the player base because you've deemed us to be a bunch of filthy, cheating monkeys who are obviously playing the game "wrong".
Never spending another penny on this gak-fest of a game.:mad::mad::mad:
Hell, considering that after Xmas, my dad will have the new Zelda: Link's Awakening, I'll have Fire Emblem Three Houses, and we'll both be fighting over the new Dragon Quest 11 Definitive Edition, we'll probably just quit playing this stupid game anyways. :p

(...of course, I'll still find plenty of time for FoE, since their dev team don't hate their player base like the Elvenar team seem to... I highly suggest if the Elvenar "durp" team want to try and restore some good-will from their player base, that they pull their heads out of their nethers and go and learn a few things from the FoE team.)

Alistaire

So how do we stop lvl 1 building spam? Simple.. make them need to be a higher lvl then lvl 1. A much more simple approach. It kills the need for lvl 1 building spamming while making use of the buildings we normally have. No extra room needed for the quests. (Altho it remains to be seen what will happen with Fellowship Adventures.) Its a very good idea, if balanced right. So I support this completely.
Simpler, use the quests that are in this event: "produce x good". This penalizes you for small factories yet allows flexibility in using whatever you got and doesn't punish people for having event items as alternates to producing those goods (though you're still a bit penalized by not having access to MM for those buildings)

...and then it doesn't require a page-long chart of who needs what level factories that people still get confused about. Hell, the person who made that chart originally made a miscalculation on it.

The Unbeliever

Simpler, use the quests that are in this event: "produce x good". This penalizes you for small factories yet allows flexibility in using whatever you got and doesn't punish people for having event items as alternates to producing those goods (though you're still a bit penalized by not having access to MM for those buildings)

...and then it doesn't require a page-long chart of who needs what level factories that people still get confused about. Hell, the person who made that chart originally made a miscalculation on it.
No, Inno are just too fething lazy & incompetent to do proper math...

Workshop requirements:
- will 'skip' a chapter that does not contain a research tech.
ie: a Ch.8 city can use a workshop from Lv.9 (ch3 research), Lv.16 (ch.6 research), Lv.18 (ch.7 research) and/or current Lv20 (ch.8 research)
The game recognizes that there is NO workshop research in Ch.4-5 and thus, ignores them when factoring the "current chapter or 3 previous chapters" calculations

Factory requirements:
- will NOT 'skip' ANY chapters even if they do not contain a research tech.
ie: a Ch.8 city MUST use Lv.16 factories (most current research available from ch.6)... the game will not recognize that ch.7-8 DO NOT contain any possible research upgrade!!
If Inno were at least competent at their jobs, Ch6-8 cities *should* be allowed to use Lv.9 (ch.4 research - the closest 'previous' chapter research) and/or Lv.16 (ch.6 research - the most current research)

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Autumn Zodiac: A tale of sadness.

In one city I had managed to get 6 artifacts for a bear, and was within about 500 keys of a seventh. Tuesday night, complete 5 24-hour workshop Productions. Next quest, 24 hour workshop productions. Sigh. Set 5 workshops running again and mostly ignore the event for the next day. Wednesday day night collect productions. No go. Oh, what an idiot I am, I must have set them wrong. Set them again, confirm they are 24 hour productions, use 120 hours worth of instants to complete them. No go. What? Oh, I completed an advanced scouting chest Tuesday night, so I just lost a day of time and 120 hours worth of instants because suddenly my Workshops are not the right level, and no longer count for the event. Event comes to a screeching halt.

WolfSinger

The only other potential issue is if the crafting selecting rotates and we get all 5 items at a value of 1 or 2 vision vapor each. Thats really annoying. Iv had it rotate to where all 5 items combined wouldnt reach the 15 vision vapor needed for the quest. - The downside of random. (and a great use for making/keeping petfood a common choice. Both a great item to make, and its 7 vision vapor. Tho i would love to see it changed to 8 vision vapor. Its annoying making two of them (6-8 hours crafting total) and coming up 14 of 15 vapor needed.)

There is another issue with the VV quest - INNO recently rebalanced the items available in the MA based on what players were actually making - with this event and the number of times that specific quest came up - players were making whatever was available in the MA that gave them what they needed to complete the quest - whether it was something they would normally craft or not. Unless INNO throws out the data regarding what was being crafted during the time frame of the event - this will seriously skew the numbers they look at the next time they look at the MA and what players are crafting. (This skewing of those numbers will always be an issue when there is an event - but it is more serious this time because of the not so random randomness of the quests)

The Unbeliever

Oh so it wasn't a mistake then by the person who did the chart, gotcha.

Still, point stands that "produce x goods" needs neither a chart nor people competent at math, and doesn't stop people from hitting the next chapter mid-event (or start of event like I was stuck with).
Yeah, I'm super pissed about how Inno have lied through their teeth about the goods factory quests...

And because I'm about to enter into WE's, where this IS an available upgrade, it means that I won't be able to play in any events until I blow up my city and rebuild it to incorporate the devs lazy stupidity.:mad::mad::mad:
(as my current Lv.16 dwarven factories will no longer work, despite the game VERY CLEARLY implying that they should!!)

GlamDoll

(as my current Lv.16 dwarven factories will no longer work, despite the game VERY CLEARLY implying that they should!!)

@.@ I had not thought it through as much as I should have. Thanks for your posts. I was going to stop at lvl 9 WS's on Glam, but I will be in WE's chapter before the Winter Event. (Well, provided I can keep myself invested 'til then, to see if that Event will be better than this one).

It looks like I have to go back to the drawing board, on how/where to make 5 lvl 16 WS's fit in my city...

:( :/

neeronie

They didn't slow down when the last chapter dropped in February, I don't see why this one would be different.
You could be right, it is just that this time those who had finished 14 had nothing to do but the Spire. Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part. It does not matter to me, I doubt will be doing the "events" anymore anyway, if the workshop requirement stays the same. I did not mind building a few level 1 for an event but I will not be wasting space building upgraded workshops that I do not need, and I will not tie up my active workshops for an event to gather buildings I do not need or to collect items that I have to use during the event to accomplish the quests required by the event. I my opinion this has become a case of the tail wagging the dog. I did take this event to the point where I was collecting 80 keys in one of my cities and when a look at what it cost me vs. what I have gained, it does not look like a winner to me. In my other city, I stopped the first time I got may 3 toolboxes with ..........for 27 keys, because I was not going to build and upgrade new workshops or tie my active one up,

Status
Not open for further replies.