• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Autumn Zodiac Event Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I read somewhere on this forum about the Level 10 Bears. They said it's obscene what they're doin'. I don't see anything obscene. Maybe the brown bear is different but the Panda is just stirring a stick. Anyone else think the Level 10 Bears are obscene?

Here's a hint for the upcoming 9 day Mini Event (32 quests). Don't fully complete research. Leave at least 3 uncompleted so you can choose that option over Scouting or Solving Encounters. It's only 9 days so you don't want to wait over 2 days for your scout to return.

Maevie

I read somewhere on this forum about the Level 10 Bears. They said it's obscene what they're doin'. I don't see anything obscene. Maybe the brown bear is different but the Panda is just stirring a stick. Anyone else think the Level 10 Bears are obscene?

I'm not sure about any other discussions of this nature, but I half-jokingly mentioned on another thread the other day that the Level 9 Panda looked a bit "wrong" - that particular animation isn't stirring a stick, it's blowing some sort of cosmic bubbles with it.

The repetitiveness of the head bob-n-blow motion made it seem a little suggestive. Surely that wasn't how the artist intended it to be perceived, but there you have it. Not that big of a deal, especially if it only caused one or two minds to momentarily sink into the gutter. Ahem. :oops: *awkward silence*

Sooo, I really think all the bears are adorable, especially the baby stages, and the Level 10's look good. :)

Arayla

I will do my best to ignore this one even though I love Halloween.
I'm really disappointed in the game and have started reading again. Less and less time spent here.
I always enjoyed the events and I will miss them.
I don't think there is any need to ignore this event. The quests are incredibly easy to get through in the amount of time given, just like last year's Halloween event. And the building looks spookier than last year's too.

Take a look at the quests side-by-side: https://elvengems.com/headless-halloween/quests/ and
https://elvengems.com/dr-freakenspleen/quests/.

This year's building has almost exactly the same pop/sq and culture/sq: https://elvengems.com/headless-halloween/prizes/ and
https://elvengems.com/dr-freakenspleen/prizes/.

DeletedUser3468

Simpler, use the quests that are in this event: "produce x good". This penalizes you for small factories yet allows flexibility in using whatever you got and doesn't punish people for having event items as alternates to producing those goods (though you're still a bit penalized by not having access to MM for those buildings)

...and then it doesn't require a page-long chart of who needs what level factories that people still get confused about. Hell, the person who made that chart originally made a miscalculation on it.

I'm going to have to disagree with you that this is better. I had that type of quest (produce a fair amount of planks) back to back to back to back in my new just barely into chapter 2 city and even with my doing everything I could, including building and upgrading more factories than I normally would for chapter 2, using every MM spell I could get my hands on (not that many since I had to get them from neighbor visits or, assuming I could actually get enough keys to open an event chest (sphere/cosmic capsule or whatever you want to call it) win them) it still took anywhere from over 4 days (at the beginning) to at least 2 days to finish each of those quests. I hated those quests in my tiny town. They weren't that fun in my larger towns but at least there I had actual boosted factories (hadn't even gotten to the boost research when the event started and even after I completed the boost research, didn't have enough planks relics to get much more because of the boost.)

If they continue with those types of quests, I would like to see them set to a reasonable level for the chapter the player is in. 1200 planks may seem like nothing (my "fair" amount) but to a player at the beginning of chapter 2 with no real boost available, no MM spells to be made, it was a grueling slog and to get it 4 times in a row... I can't say what I'd like to say about that part of it since that kind of language isn't allowed on the forum.:mad: Most of the event for me in my tiny town was like this with only one or two easy to do quests to break up the slogging. No wonder I didn't get any bear leveled up to more than level 3 (or 4... not sure if I managed to buy enough keys with my earned in game diamonds or not. Yes, I did buy some keys in some cities because I was so close to another evolving one.)

To get to what I actually came here to say before I went off on that mini rant... This was a long, tiresome event for me that I didn't enjoy at all. In spite of that, I was able in most of my cities to get enough evolving thingies to upgrade a single bear to level 10 if I'd wanted to. I didn't. I prefer them as cubs so I have several cities where I have all three leveled up to 3 . My choice. If this is the pattern for all upcoming events, I will probably participate about as much as I did for this one, which is not much at all. Boring and relaxing all in one. No real feeling of urgency to finish anything. (insert yawning smiley)

edited because I used the wrong quote... :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alistaire

I'm going to have to disagree with you that this is better.

That's not really disagreeing it's better though, right? You're saying getting any of the same quest over and over is a problem, and it is; just a separate one. And those quests are tailored to each chapter already...I wouldn't be surprised if they're not tailored well by chapter but that's also a different issue. They're probably not counting someone in the first 4 chapters probably isn't at max boost, so they could add that to the calculation, so people who "hang out" in early chapters after maxing boost don't get an advantage.

So I agree with what you're saying. Making all of them "produce x" isn't the only solution that needs to be applied, and could certainly screw people over in other ways if not done well.

DeletedUser3468

That's not really disagreeing it's better though, right? You're saying getting any of the same quest over and over is a problem, and it is; just a separate one. And those quests are tailored to each chapter already...I wouldn't be surprised if they're not tailored well by chapter but that's also a different issue. They're probably not counting someone in the first 4 chapters probably isn't at max boost, so they could add that to the calculation, so people who "hang out" in early chapters after maxing boost don't get an advantage.

So I agree with what you're saying. Making all of them "produce x" isn't the only solution that needs to be applied, and could certainly screw people over in other ways if not done well.

Good point. No, it's not really that I disagree with you on the point entirely. I would just prefer it be done a different way such as "produce your T1 boosted good 3 hour production X times" (they can throw in the bit about current/previous chapter bit) and have it be a reasonable number of times for the larger cities that may only have a few of their T1s. Yes, that would actually make it easier for the smaller cities who generally have more of their T1s when they're starting out but those T1s don't produce that much unless the player is far enough along to have enough relics to have their factory boosts fairly high. With the introduction of the Elementals, it's unreasonable to have quests calling for 24 and 48 hour productions since anyone at Elementals would not be able to produce them with the "current or previous chapter" requirement. (ok, maybe not impossible with previous chapter but how many at that level have a boosted T1 factory that can still make 24 & 48 hour productions? I have 1 in the 3 cities where I've reached Elementals.)

I think one of my main complaints, aside from getting the same quests over and over, is the lack of diversity in the quests. (which is actually the same complaint stated a different way! ;) )Looking over the lists of possible quests, I don't get why that was so much of a problem. Reading over those lists showed a lot of variety but in reality - possibly because of their using 2 lists that had mostly the same quest and alternating between them, which may have added to the problem of repeating quests - we didn't see that in live play. I'd suggest sticking to one list, make it nicely diverse like the lists could have been this time, maybe add a couple extra ones that have been suggested like "visit neighbors x number of times" and possibly even add back the hated "upgrade building" one with a twist... instead of upgrade x building/s to level 16 (or whatever) change it to "upgrade one (or more) of your current buildings one level. It might still be tough for some... I can remember having nothing that I could upgrade when getting one of those in the past... but not impossible. Also set the parameters so once a player got a quest from the list, that quest wouldn't appear again for a reasonable amount of time/completed quests. (The frequency could be based on how many quests are in the list.)

Also, how many others are now having to work at rebuilding their goods? All of the relics, encounters, etc. quests have left several of my cities not only over scouted but also down to paltry number of certain goods, especially my T2s. In one city - Halfliing level I think - I'm down to less than 1000 of my non boosted T2s and barely 11,000 of my boosted. Doesn't leave me much to trade with. Even fighting in tourney as much as I could for the relics quests (and sometimes the encounters ones) I had reached a point where the few troops I had left were getting wiped out and had to cater. It's going to take me months to dig myself out of this hole and my Fellowship can't be of much help because they're in the same place. So please, fewer encounter/relics quests in the next event! :eek:

@Sheianna just to give you a comparison, a fair amount in chapter 14 was 62,800 and that took me most of a day if I did not speed up my factories.

That sounds about right. I can't remember how many I had in my "fair amount" in my bigger cities. My point being that, like you, I was able to finish the quest like that in my bigger cities in a day. It didn't take anywhere from 2 to 4 days to finish like in my tiny town. (4 days in the beginning and, after many more factories built and upgraded, down to about 2 or 2 and a half days at the end.) Of course in my bigger cities I also had plenty of MM spells, time instants, and even the aureate phoenix to help with the numbers; something my tiny town didn't have.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeledo

So it is okay to have 100 level 1 factories and workshops for a Fellowship Adventure but when you do it for an event, INNO calls it "cheating." What if the changed the FA similarly as they did the event? They would lessen what you needed for a badge and make the next stage that you open unknown and random. Would make it interesting.

DeletedUser23049

Obligatory bear cavalry meme:

OK, here is my quote, with emphasis this time: 'Well, I think doing things actually at random would be "fair" to everyone'. 6x scouts in a row is an extremely unlikely event for any reasonable assumptions of underlying randomness.
huh bet i had that one back to back 7 or more times. heck more than that!!!

GlamDoll

The amount of back-to-back quests I had was so unbelievable, that I could not even bring myself to post them. I did not have more than 3 (I don't think), but The scout/VV/relics/solve encounters/ tech....WAS ALMOST ALL THE QUESTS I EVER GOT.

The irony, at least for myself? When I realized level'd WS's were needed, I thought that that would be my bane!!!!

How wrong I was!

Edit: Wait!!!! What???

@Sheianna just to give you a comparison, a fair amount in chapter 14 was 62,800 and that took me most of a day if I did not speed up my factories.

Kicking myself now, for not writing it down, let alone posting a screenshot of it!!! I am only in dreaded Orcs/Goblins >.< ...but I am fairly certain I had to collect around 50,000 marble on Glam @.@ ??? (in all honesty, I can't recall now, how much it was...I just know it was A LOT).

(I really wish now, I would have posted screenshots!, but I didn't want this game to be a job for me! I just wanted to continue enjoying playing it). :/

I am no math genius, but that doesn't make any sense to me, on why I had to produce sooo much & I have 6 maxed marble for my chapter (19, iirc). @.@

Last edited:

DeletedUser5616

I hated this event & I hate the constant events on top of one another.
1. Reduce # events 4 max/year
2. The requirement to tie up your fully upgraded WS and Mfg to meet quest requirements is beyond ridiculous
3. Remove evolving buildings from events - yes, they are cute; however, there is little chance that you will be able to collect all 10 artifacts for 1 let alone 2 or 3!
4. Make expansion(s) one of the prizes to be won

GlamDoll

I hated this event & I hate the constant events on top of one another.
1. Reduce # events 4 max/year
2. The requirement to tie up your fully upgraded WS and Mfg to meet quest requirements is beyond ridiculous
3. Remove evolving buildings from events - yes, they are cute; however, there is little chance that you will be able to collect all 10 artifacts for 1 let alone 2 or 3!
4. Make expansion(s) one of the prizes to be won

Hiyas GypsyLisa! All on board with ya...but, I doubt Inno will go for #4, but I always like being proven wrong on things I don't want to be right about :(

Edit: They probably wont go for #2 either...if not all 4! :( :( :(

Hope I'm wrong though!

I hope that in the next event, and all other events after that, the problem with repeating quests will be eliminated. In this even I had the exact same quest given to me several times in a row. My problem with that is that I was at the end of the research tree and the quest I kept getting repeated was one for completing a province. for me, completing any more provinces does me absolutely no good. I can't get any more expansions for completing provinces so I am not going to waste my time and resources to complete a province when it does me no good. After the first 29(?) quests they were lumped in together for the next __ quests and I believe there were more quests than there were steps to fill. I hope that future events will contain enough quests at each step to not allow any quests completed to be used again.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I hope that in the next event, and all other events after that, the problem with repeating quests will be eliminated. In this even I had the exact same quest given to me several times in a row. My problem with that is that I was at the end of the research tree and the quest I kept getting repeated was one for completing a province. for me, completing any more provinces does me absolutely no good. I can't get any more expansions for completing provinces so I am not going to waste my time and resources to complete a province when it does me no good. After the first 29(?) quests they were lumped in together for the next __ quests and I believe there were more quests than there were steps to fill. I hope that future events will contain enough quests at each step to not allow any quests completed to be used again.

There were actually no Complete Province quests at all in this event. We had Scout Province quests and we had the Encounters and Relics quests, which forced many people to complete provinces, but no Complete quests. That was in the previous event.

DeletedUser21660

The Evolving buildings are just the next dumb/greedy thing Inno has done since August..
I am not "well known" because I read, but don't complain. I am a mage in top 50 FS, and try to stay positive, however, all the changes since August are irritating me to my last nerve because of greediness. I've spent money on a game that has now strayed too far from it's original parameters. If it was this bad when I started, I would not have continued playing or spent money. I have 1 level 10 evolve building (Phoenix) and am about to sell it. The rest are sitting in storage so they don't show up in my MA. I got 4 (FOUR) bear artifacts- because I had one ridiculous long quest after another and I refused to spend diamonds to speed it up. It is obvious Inno has gone on a mission to suck diamonds from us on a grand scale. The tourney changes, the stupid spire, the quests, the FAs- all made harder to get desperate people to spend more. The mood in our FS has gone downhill- lots of frustrated people. I've played games before that did this, I do not play them anymore. No one like over-reaching greed

DeletedUser21660

Thank you for your calm advice KC....my rant was about aggravation in seeing a game I've invested money in going downhill and, not just for me, but all my FS is complaining and frustrated about all those above rantings. Also my Storm Phoenix is really not that great- I have better set buildings.. Maybe I would have been happier with the Fire Phoenix, but we'll never know because I do not see any more of those artifacts coming, and seeing in other forums that there is a bug with them. Being held up in this quest to only get 4 bear artifacts …. it just seems there is something.... unpleasant... every month now.

Status
Not open for further replies.