• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

looking for info

BadWon

Hello,
Prior to this, I was a forum virgin. Now I am not.
I guess there is NO search button in this forum. OR I just can not find it.
It took me forever to stumble onto how to POST something.
I am trying to find what is or has been done about INACTIVE accounts.
I just went through 30 pages of Aspirants using ElvenStats.com. In 1 of my 2 cities.
Yes, I am aware that this is a third party site butt how else can one find this information?
WE had 30 pages = 178 players. WE now have 3 pages = 15 players who show active.
163 players were available to ask to join our FS butt they are INACTIVE.
WE are trying to GROW our FS. I would appreciate some feed back as to HOW to do this.
Looking forward to some Productive info. Thank you, BadWon..

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Inactive cities are removed, but currently their criteria are too generous. They are deleted after a month, but....
  • if the city made it past chapter 4, it is protected.
  • If it is on an account that ever spent diamonds, it is protected.
Since a lot of people buy some diamonds at the start to get the free builder, their cities will never go away.

I bought diamonds. I also visited every world at least once to check on things. That means I have 8 cities forever, even though I only play one of them. I feel bad about it, but there's nothing I can do to get rid of them other than deleting my account (including my chapter 14 city in which I've spent a few hundred dollars over the years.
upload_2019-10-29_10-4-56.png

I often promote the idea of a dynamic map, where anyone who doesn't log in this week get moved out a row by making the map bigger from the center out (Add an "X" nine-hexes-wide in the middle to push everyone out, then everyone who logged in this week gets pushed in one row toward the center, then the rest filled in with new cities). In that way, over a period of several weeks, a person who doesn't log in would get sent to the outer edges of the map and everyone in the middle of the map would be a player who logged in recently.

Search is a box at the very top right of every page:
upload_2019-10-29_10-0-26.png

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I find that if you send a request to join your fellowship to someone and you do not get a reply with a few days, a week at the most, then that player is either inactive or one of those "weird" players who does not want to be in a fellowship and prefers to play the game solo, and those sent requests can be deleted.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Then you know enough to e-mail the AM.
He's not talking about applicants, he's talking about active recruiting.

Probably immaterial, though, since anyone in a later chapter who isn't already in an FS probably doesn't want to be in one. Or they're so annoying they can't hang on to membership.

BadWon

FURTHER MORE....
I plotted 167 of my Neighbours on a spreadsheet. According to ElvenStats.com 90 of these are inactive.
There are also 38 that do NOT show on ElvenStats BUTT are on my map. I am sure some of these 38 are also inactive if not all BUTT
I am confused as to why they do not show on ElvenStats at all. Any ideas??
AND YES neighbours is spelled correctly....O_O....

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
FURTHER MORE....
I plotted 167 of my Neighbours on a spreadsheet. According to ElvenStats.com 90 of these are inactive.
There are also 38 that do NOT show on ElvenStats BUTT are on my map. I am sure some of these 38 are also inactive if not all BUTT
I am confused as to why they do not show on ElvenStats at all. Any ideas??
AND YES neighbours is spelled correctly....O_O....
Elvenstats is based on tournaments. Players are automatically included if they get a certain level in the tournament. They also get included if someone looks at their fellowships details. If one of those neighbours is in an active fellowship, you could try searching the fellowship and request fresh details for the members.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Elvenstats is based on tournaments. Players are automatically included if they get a certain level in the tournament. They also get included if someone looks at their fellowships details. If one of those neighbours is in an active fellowship, you could try searching the fellowship and request fresh details for the members.

This can't be right because I have looked at players who have never been in a fellowship and have zero tournament history and they show as active because their city score went up or down in the previous two weeks.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
This can't be right because I have looked at players who have never been in a fellowship and have zero tournament history and they show as active because their city score went up or down in the previous two weeks.
Did you check for account activity in others worlds?

I didn't say that was the only way for them to get there. Just that it is based on tournaments, and that looking at fellowships is an easy way to pull them in.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Yes, some players show active in one world and inactive in another.
if they're active in one world, then they may have looked at themselves in another that they've since abandoned.

Their FAQ has the basics. "Ranking information is fetched each Sunday for the top 40,000 users (with score of at least 500 points) and top 500 fellowships"

Last edited:

Deleted User - 3932582

Their FAQ has the basics. "Ranking information is fetched each Sunday for the top 40,000 users (with score of at least 500 points) and top 500 fellowships"
Except I don't believe these are tournament points. This is regular game score, so pretty much everyone who reached 500 points (which is very early) is included - unless the world has more than 40K players with 500 points or more.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Except I don't believe these are tournament points. This is regular game score, so pretty much everyone who reached 500 points (which is very early) is included - unless the world has more than 40K players with 500 points or more.
It isn't tournament points. Either I remember incorrectly, or things have changed since they started.

Laochra

When I am recruiting, I first check ElvenStats. If it shows they are active, then I go in-game & look at their city. If I see culture rewards from the most recent events, then I will confirm that we need their boosts & then send an invite. I will also look up fellowships, because there are a LOT of them that have just a few members that are still active (according to ElvenStats). If all the active members have our needed boosts & my FS can accomodate all of them, then I send a group message to all the active members (in case some of them are on mobile & won't see the message), and offer them all a new home with us. I have successfully brokered mergers with all my fellowships, in this way. No guarantee that all members will make that transition, but most of them do. They like the idea of being in a more active group while still having some of their old friends with them. :D