• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 3932582

Can confirm, see this screenshot for more details:

ElvenarClippingSmall.png

Blue line is where Elvenar sprite travels, red line is where it is expected to travel. This wrong lane travel also means that these sprites clip into sprites of buildings (as you can barely see in this screenshot, but it clips under Trader).

Note, that travel parallel to the mountains seems to work fine; it is travel to/from the mountains that is bugged.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Note, that travel parallel to the mountains seems to work fine; it is travel to/from the mountains that is bugged.
Did you consider that the majority of travel parallel to the mountains, you wouldn't be able to tell because there'd be road both under the sprite and in the hex below right? You'd have to be watching when it hits the bottom-right or top-left end of a road, or corner, to know if it was really on the square it appears to be on.

Deleted User - 3932582

Did you consider that the majority of travel parallel to the mountains, you wouldn't be able to tell because there'd be road both under the sprite and in the hex below right? You'd have to be watching when it hits the bottom-right or top-left end of a road, or corner, to know if it was really on the square it appears to be on.
What I meant is that when moving parallel to the mountains, expected and realized paths line up; the sprite may indeed be ahead/behind by one tile, but this won't be visible except on the turns. Perpendicular to the mountains these paths are at one tile offset, and it is very visible.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
And the reason for reporting it, Ash. Not sure why we care which way it works or not, just that it don't.
We don't care. This is a bug reporting forum. The more correct information about the bug, the easier it is for the developers to fix it. Information that makes it seem like it behaves one way when it doesn't can increase the amount of time spent looking in the wrong place.

SunsetDanar

Okay, that makes sense to me but once a bug has been identified, can the developers just open a screen to what we see and see the same as what we see? I expect so...

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Okay, that makes sense to me but once a bug has been identified, can the developers just open a screen to what we see and see the same as what we see? I expect so...
They can. it doesn't mean they will. Game programmers are not gods. They are human beings who sometimes make the same mistakes as other human beings. Passing bad data is adding risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.