• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Neighborly help changed?

Dervish1

The interface to offer help to neighbors is greatly changed. I'm sorry that we no longer get to see neighbors' cities, but it *is* way easier to find the types of building they may ask you to help with. However, I don't see how to offer KPs to their wonders, any more, nor how to get chests if you are awarded one for helping?

This is with the version of the game that just arrived this morning.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
You can still visit their cities, it's just the return-help icon in notes and FS members that is changed. Visits on the map, and from click on their name and picking "visit" still behave as they always did.

Fayeanne

Also, if the neighbor is not eligible for Neighborly Help (such as it's too soon since the last time you helped them), clicking the button just visits their city like normal. So I guess you could give Neighborly Help then click the button again to go donate to Ancient Wonders? It is true the new interface makes it more complicated to visit other players' cities.

Neighborly Help chests you are awarded just pop up in a dialog box after giving aid. No need to scour the city for them anymore. (But only if you're using the new interface. If you visit the city manually, you can still give aid the "old" way and still hunt down chests.)

Dervish1

You still only get three chests per game day, so you should not get more til about now, with the new game day.
I was careful about that. I tried a second city, and clicked on 5 fellowship members to use the new interface - no chests. After that, I used the visit function to visit 5 more, and got my 3 chests. So it seems I just have to use visit until I get the chests; then I can click on the icons and use the new interface to do the rest more quickly. I just need to be careful I don't lose count!

DeletedUser13313

It seems the same to me.. it's not like the beta at all.. is that what's supposed to happen? Is there an update that I'm missing? When it loads it reads 1.93.2.. I guess I just keep jumping to the mobile..

Dervish1

1.93.2 seems to be the latest version.
What I was talking about is the interface you see when you click on a 'visit player' icon (the little house/clasped hands icon) that you see when you look at notifications or your fellowship list. Assuming you haven't given them neighborly help (the icon is clasped hands), a big window pops up allowing you to give help to the main hall/builders hall/culture buildings without having to find them in their city. If you've already helped them, it just takes you to their city, so you can share KP or whatever - but from that big window view, you can't find the reward chests and don't seem to be given any rewards; I have to explicitly click on the player name and 'visit' under that rather than from the button if I want to get reward chests.
Since this has only been active today, I may well be showing I'm blind or unobservant, but that's how it looks from here.

DeletedUser20951

Looks like another live server test that's not yet globally applied. One of my cities has the feature and the other doesn't. In the city that does, I did receive chests while using the new style aiding.

DeletedUser13313

Looks like another live server test that's not yet globally applied. One of my cities has the feature and the other doesn't. In the city that does, I did receive chests while using the new style aiding.
So they applied it to the one member of my fellowship that hates it.. He claims that it doesn't offer the best culture building.. smh . and he also says he isn't getting the help chest. I'm glad I didn't put in a support ticket.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I guess the software likes me. I got the new style in all six cities I play regularly, and all of them get chests, though as was the case before, sometimes I have to go ten or fifteen helps before I get them.

Oorlene

I have two characters with a city in each world - when I logged on this morning I* got the new interface and loved it - was able to visit and help all FS 's in record time - then I logged off and logged on again to my other character and it had not received the new interface and I've been checking all day and it is still using the old interface - am I missing something I'm supposed to do?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I have two characters with a city in each world - when I logged on this morning I* got the new interface and loved it - was able to visit and help all FS 's in record time - then I logged off and logged on again to my other character and it had not received the new interface and I've been checking all day and it is still using the old interface - am I missing something I'm supposed to do?
No. It's obviously useful, therefore they can't just give it to everyone. They need to test market to see how badly it cuts into diamonds sales before they let everyone have it.

Dervish1

Well, I clicked on the hand/house icons for 30 cities this time (two fellowships), with no chests. Within 5 'visit's, on 3 worlds, I got my 3 chests. It could be a browser issue, it could be luck, or an unimplemented feature, but none for me. I'll drop in a bug report just in case, but 'visit' isn't that much harder.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Or it might be a secondary feature that's only going to random players as a subset of the players who got the new help screen and I just hit the jackpot.