• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

DeletedUser24458

2. I don't understand why they would not provide the "shuffle" button at any time. This would allow us to at least open presents until we had gotten what we consider the "best" of them. For their money-grubbing little hearts-content, they could make the shuffle button cost ribbons, or even diamonds. That would give the players more feelings of control, and provide a revenue source for Inno.

I would highly object to the shuffle costing diamonds and would concede to it costing ribbons. Honestly if they would have just left the shuffle up to us in the first place they may have had better reviews of this event.

Deleted User - 3932582

You can wait til a few minutes before the start of the new game day, go and get your three chests, then as soon as it is the new day, you can go and get three more chests.
It's quite unlikely that one would be able to do that in the current event as there are NH quests in the mix.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It's quite unlikely that one would be able to do that in the current event as there are NH quests in the mix.

But it is still true about those chests, whether there is an event going on or not, that you could get six in a matter of minutes, and not just three every 24 hours, since they are set to the game day and not amount of time since the last one was received, the way the actual visits are.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
But you can avoid that 24 hour cooldown every other day. You can wait til a few minutes before the start of the new game day, go and get your three chests, then as soon as it is the new day, you can go and get three more chests. If there really were a straight 24-hour cooldown between sets of three chests, it might be different, but because you can manipulate it, even in this small way, it does not count as production.
You're not manipulating it at all. You're just taking the first 24 hour down before you collect your first three. The cool-down has never really been 24 hours, it's always been one server day, and it remains so. You can only collect the chest bonus three times per server day.

Pheryll

Set Designer
But it is still true about those chests, whether there is an event going on or not, that you could get six in a matter of minutes, and not just three every 24 hours, since they are set to the game day and not amount of time since the last one was received, the way the actual visits are.

If you are going to press the point, think of it as a 48 hour production with early collect every 24 hours. I understand that 48 hour productions allow you to collect everything when full rather than having a few minute delay to wait till the next server day, but it is not like this general concept is new.

Foldedspace

Congrats Inno. I didn't think an event could be worse than the last one. You've proven me wrong. I'm not even trying, just playing like normal. The prizes are nearly impossible to choose like they've been previously. There's a vastly reduced chance of getting multiples of anything I want, and the "grand prizes" and evolving building are a joke.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you are going to press the point, think of it as a 48 hour production with early collect every 24 hours. I understand that 48 hour productions allow you to collect everything when full rather than having a few minute delay to wait till the next server day, but it is not like this general concept is new.

Well, however anyone wants to look at them, in previous events, the goods in the help chests have only ever counted for quests that said Gain or Collect goods, and never for Produce goods. And while I had hoped maybe the tier 1 goods from the Bear would have counted, I am not at all surprised that they do not.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
As for the actual event, unlike the previous events with "random" quests, I haven not bothered to track which quests I am getting or in which order. I have not kept track of any of the random elements of this event, whether number of bricks or which prizes or how often I hit dailies or shuffles part the first two days. All I know is while there are a few dailies I would like more than one of, with this system, that seems unlikely to do, so I have just been using my ribbons and hammers as I get them. That has resulted in me working on the 10th grand prize right now, on the 5th day of the event. I am well into the second batch of "random" quests, but not into the bonus quests yet. I think my current quest is worth 46 ribbons. No diamonds or money spent, but a decent number of time boosts and PP and MM enchantments used so far.

DeletedUser19887

Congrats Inno. I didn't think an event could be worse than the last one. You've proven me wrong. I'm not even trying, just playing like normal. The prizes are nearly impossible to choose like they've been previously. There's a vastly reduced chance of getting multiples of anything I want, and the "grand prizes" and evolving building are a joke.
I agree 100%, this has to be the worse game ever. I have had to go to the wholesaler 3 times in 24hrs but only had one quest between them. Those quest are for 10x my t1 for 3 hrs at level and with enchantments. The wholesaler is asking for coin than I can even make, how is this helpful and better???? You need to make this better or just don't have these, because all you do is make me mad. I can not speak for everyone else but I know that the people in my fellowship are complaining.
The price selecting presents and all that stuff is just stupid, go back to the chest at least then I can understand where I am and what i am shooting for.

Kekune

At least many of the random-not-random quests are fairly trouble-free. I mean, if I'm gonna get the same quest variations over and over, collecting goods and supplies is at least something I do regularly. I'd rather have to gain/produce whatever than, say, run sets of toolboxes nearly back-to-back. I'm sick of the wholesaler quest already, though.

The prize system is the pits, though. It's a good thing many quests happen pretty naturally, or they wouldn't happen at all.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
At least many of the random-not-random quests are fairly trouble-free. I mean, if I'm gonna get the same quest variations over and over, collecting goods and supplies is at least something I do regularly. I'd rather have to gain/produce whatever than, say, run sets of toolboxes nearly back-to-back. I'm sick of the wholesaler quest already, though.

The prize system is the pits, though. It's a good thing many quests happen pretty naturally, or they wouldn't happen at all.

If I got the wholesaler quest only once a day, it would be fine. I have coins and supplies to spare for that. It is when you get it two or three times, or more, in a game day, and you watch the wholesalers costs jump way up just to complete the quests, that it gets annoying and expensive.

And yes, the Produce quests are not bad until you get into the 2nd set of random quests. In chapter 15, that Produce Planks, Steel, or Marble quest wants 56k of one of those goods. Even with MMs and a level 6 Storm Phoenix and the AW that boosts MMs, and three Marble factories of levels 24, 25, and 27, that 56k still takes most of a day when not using time boosters too. My problem with these kind of quests is that I am very impatient and I simply cannot wait that long if I have the means to boost the amount and/or to speed it up. lol

mikeledo

I have no problem with the quests once you get used to the wording and what you can and can not do. However, to make the prizes fair they need a reshuffle button the player can use at any time. I get the prize I want and now I have to waste ribbons getting trash prizes so I can have a second chance at a decent prize. It seems we are about to go full circle on the event mechanism.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I have no problem with the quests once you get used to the wording and what you can and can not do. However, to make the prizes fair they need a reshuffle button the player can use at any time. I get the prize I want and now I have to waste ribbons getting trash prizes so I can have a second chance at a decent prize. It seems we are about to go full circle on the event mechanism.

Like others have posted, I think it should auto-shuffle when you hit the daily prize. When this first started on Beta, that is how I thought it would work, til I read more about the actual mechanics.

DeletedUser5616

Two things I have issue with in this event.

1. As a few others have experienced, while Inno now "guarantees" that quests won't repeat immediately, I have had multiple every-other repeats, which is little better. For me, they seem to come in sets of 3. For example:

Random Quest
Collect 15 Vision Vapor
Random Quest
Collect 15 Vision Vapor
Random Quest
Collect 15 Vision Vapor

Surely a better system can be used.

2. I don't understand why they would not provide the "shuffle" button at any time. This would allow us to at least open presents until we had gotten what we consider the "best" of them. For their money-grubbing little hearts-content, they could make the shuffle button cost ribbons, or even diamonds. That would give the players more feelings of control, and provide a revenue source for Inno.
Or
Buy x KPs every 2nd quest!

DeletedUser20819

All these points are (some quite silly because the prizes are junk...Christmas indeed) and they just don't monitor/react to these threads/FIX anything as a result of these threads so all they amount to is us trying to talk ourselves down off the ceiling when our tempers flare out of control and nothing changes/get's fixed.

Randomized prizes twice and then hidden. And then when you unhide you get absolute junk like 3 enchantments as some of the "better" choices.

If I can manage to keep myself interested into playing until the spring event and it becomes anywhere near to this/ie, not like the other main events with changes of LARGE prizes...I quite literally will find zero excitement or reason to keep playing.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Alright everyone, for those who have not checked the lists on Elven Gems since the event started, that was a major adjustment made to the quest list. Instead of two group of randomized quests before reaching the bonus quests with quest #182, they have been changed. There are now three randomized lists of progressively harder quests, with the bonus quests now starting with quest #132. The third batch starts with quest #110. I am a couple quests in and just hit the Produce Basic or Crafted Goods. For me in chapter 15, it just from the 57k in the previous batch of quests to 75k in the third batch. Looking at the list, all the other quests have similar jumps in requirements. Sure, with quest #110 you get 51 ribbons, but still a pain. And it looks like the bonus quests are still only worth 20 each, even though they start 50 quests sooner than at the beginning of this event.

My challenge in these events has always been to complete the grand prizes, but I can see how this is so much more frustrating for the people who prefer to get the dailies and the other prizes.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Aaaaaannnnnndddd....

What is the point of the hammers? Why doesn't the gingerbread house just randomly build itself while you open presents? My clicker-finger is getting tired.

You don't have to click. If you just let the bricks spin around, they will stop on their own after several seconds and award you 1, 2 or 3 randomly. You click on the bricks if you think what you get is not random, depending on where you stop them.