• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

The Spire is the worst idea you ever had.

• Thread starter DeletedUser24016
  • Start date

chgobob33

'Pure'? You mean one of those people who play the game for free while complaining all the time about how awful the game is? Bonus points if they also mock the ones who do put money into the game, being unaware that these people are the ones keeping the game running to allow others to play for free. Is that the kind of 'pure' you're talking about?
Ok, So you ADMIT YOU ARE NOT PURE :( Fine. You aren't bad for that, we still will accept that, just don't act EVIL with your Pompous Attitude!!! Your response was really disgusting!!!

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
blah blah blah
tears

. The game, that was nicely balanced BEFORE Spire is no longer balanced for a bunch of us.

So when the game favors low level players it is well balanced.
When you have trouble with it, the game sucks.

I think the spire is way too expensive
but
Did you ever consider that maybe it is hard on purpose so it gives the more advanced players a challenge? That Inno is trying to keep "older" players from getting bored and leave?
Did you ever consider the possibility that unlike your life, the game isn't all about you?

I've said it before, if you don't like the spire it is incredibly easy to ignore.

As far as event difficulty.
I've been here for three years and people whine about every event.
When there is a big event, newer players whine that it is too hard and they can't finish it.
For small events, older players whine that they are too easy and the prizes suck.
Is it any wonder Inno ignores most of the comments?

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Really? You think that we just need to "catch up" to somehow not be so destroyed/annoyed by spire every time it comes? HOW, Sherlock? YOU guys all got your Supply and Coin windfalls and crafted boosts of population/culture! YOU guys got all sorts of special buildings that came up a 3rd and 10th and 20th time so you could finally craft them and add them to your city. The Chess Set? It's a JOKE to even possibly CONSIDER adding it to your city unless you're a hell of a lot stronger than I am at 80k and trust me, I am one hell of a crafty chick which it comes to saving and planning and using my resources to the maximum. IF I'm wasting their absolute potential by even 5% including logging in 4, sometimes 5 times a day for a 3hr refil on my goods...I would be STUNNED.

I'm sure Spire sounds FANTASTIC to people who can trade 100k of goods at will but there are a bunch of us who are not and WILL NOT be making that any time soon because they've effectively DISCONNECTED a gigantic boost...the crafting system...from our games. Oh, we get bits here and there but it sure as hell isn't much.

I frigging hate it when games get like this. The top players completely lose touch with what it was like as a new player, the game makers adjust a system that obviously the high-level players were somehow abusing the FRIG out of OR they decided they needed to shake things up with a small bit of code...BUT nobody views how much it screws new/newer players by tossing an important part of the game out the window.

Trust me when I say that a two plus year old game doesn't need to slow me down. It's already hard enough to catch the higher levels.

I think you get the point. The game, that was nicely balanced BEFORE Spire is no longer balanced for a bunch of us.

So I guess events are a high-level player deal too on top of crafting now?

I can't figure out what game your playing. I have a somewhat new town (sub 20K score, chapter 4) and so much of my experience is completely opposite to what you are saying. The spire is simple enough, I have to know my limits on when to play and when to stop but I am getting enough out of it. Mostly got my moonstone set (missing 1 piece), been able to craft a chest set and am regularly crafting various things for my town despite only having a level 2 MA. Have around 35K spell fragments and its cc spells that slow me down (same thing that slows my more advanced town) The new multiplayer feature looks good as it gives me guaranteed rewards so I can better gauge my effort compared to reward, also hoping I can get more cc spells from it and time instants.

The town is still a work in progress and I can't do everything all the time but I get enough of what I want to progress nicely. The game is infinitely faster to play now then it used to be. I am not sure why such disparate experiences, perhaps things change at the mid game area where you are but younger towns can cope quite well.

mikeledo

Try doing chapter 15 without teleport spells. The spire is integrated into the game. The time instants and tool instants work very well with the Brown Bear to make multiple troops which you will need if you use the Timewarp. Crafting can give you seed makers which you will need for more sentient goods. INNO has provided I am not sure why the complaints other than my own of course.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I absolutely loathe that Spire difficulty is based, apparently a lot, on how many Wonders you have and how leveled they are. I feel that if you devote your game and time to this, the leveling, it should be a benefit, not a punishment. I have a very difficult time in the Spire, and this is likely due to the Wonders I've built and upgraded, along with relics I've gained through hard tournie work (THIS SHOULD AFFECT NOTHING. STOP SLAPPING OUR HANDS FOR PLAYING THE GAME DILIGENTLY, INNOGAMES).

Here is what really pisses me off about this :mad: They spent a couple of years promoting and pushing players to build, build, build the AW's. Now we get a new bunch coming in to manage & develop Elvenar and they decide to do 180 degree turn and penalize players who did EXACTLY what the Elvenar team wanted us to do. This is starting to happen way too often to those of us who played the game as designed and promoted with this new bunch. I want to know why the Hell this new Elvenar team wants to punish those of us who have played as designed for years now. Talk about a knife in the back :mad::mad::mad:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I've said it before, if you don't like the spire it is incredibly easy to ignore.

This will no longer be true when the FS participation part is released! I really feel like if I can't get anywhere in the Spire then I will be dropping my part of the responsibility to my FS. So now, not only am I screwed not being able to progress in the Spire to get a minuscule chance at the few prizes I want, but I will also be screwed in my belief that I should not let down my FS. I'm really not understanding why they have decided to make so many aspects of this game total crap even for, or especially for, players who have played for years :mad:

shimmerfly

If the game didn't change once in a while some of us wouldn't still be here. Most of the changes aren't what we want or expect.
I get horribly bored and hated the Spire for the first few weeks.
But
I'm also incredibly stubborn so I did go back. I'm figuring out my limits and also am fighting smarter so it's not as bad I had thought.
Somthing to do when I'm really disliking the event :p
It does no one any good to get angry with each other.
Time to step away from the computer and go take a walk if your that upset with a game? Just saying....

* edited for typos of course

DeletedUser20819

I can't figure out what game your playing. I have a somewhat new town (sub 20K score, chapter 4) and so much of my experience is completely opposite to what you are saying. The spire is simple enough, I have to know my limits on when to play and when to stop but I am getting enough out of it. Mostly got my moonstone set (missing 1 piece), been able to craft a chest set and am regularly crafting various things for my town despite only having a level 2 MA. Have around 35K spell fragments and its cc spells that slow me down (same thing that slows my more advanced town) The new multiplayer feature looks good as it gives me guaranteed rewards so I can better gauge my effort compared to reward, also hoping I can get more cc spells from it and time instants.

The town is still a work in progress and I can't do everything all the time but I get enough of what I want to progress nicely. The game is infinitely faster to play now then it used to be. I am not sure why such disparate experiences, perhaps things change at the mid game area where you are but younger towns can cope quite well.

No, you can't figure out what game I'm playing because you're not now sitting in a spot where you have to absolute BARF all your resources into getting more provinces while barfing into tournament and now being asked to barf into the crafting system. You're not in the middle ground between here and two hundred k that seems to be a death zone. I'm there right now and have advanced about 2k in three weeks because between Ork and everything else, you can't advance other than sit crapping everything into Ork. The worst part is I suspect their changes to the crafting system has made an area that is just like I said...like the deathzone on top of Mt. Everest where you can't breathe. The people who got there and got past it before they put spire in and got past Orc got there and past but now that they've radically changed your ability to get supplies and money and the rest of crafted items, its created a dead spot in the game.

So what I'm saying is you can't understand because you're not having to live it.

shimmerfly

@Psyberius I didn't look you up and I don't really understand why your barfing so much.
Maybe your trying to rush it or maybe you've spent a lot of cash. I guess that would make me P.o.'d too.
We have all been in tough spots and space, expansions, etc. are still a premium even if you've played for years.
There have been some devasting changes that the "older" players have had to put up with and Tomes of complaints on the forum to back it up.
Maybe a break is in order? Or maybe this isn't the game you thought it was. You seem to think everything is easy for the ones who have been around longer. The game is still a challenge to me. I'm glad it is. I even play solo to try to make it more of a challenge. ( I wouldn't recommend that though! )
Best of luck to your decision to stay or leave. You know you don't have to "live it!"

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I am exited about the new FS spire thing,
I am liking the spire more and more.

When it was introduced, I played the negotiation game and hope for a dwarven armorer to boost my tournaments.
When Magic residence and workshop were added I liked it a little bit more.
The teleport spell is also to be loved.
But I got exited when the FS part was added, this is where the spire can really boost my gameplay, now it's woth it for me.

As for the wonder penalty, yes I still think it's crap,I for one have 650+ wonder levels and my negotiation cost are trough the roof, but something changed with the addition of the elvenar race. The new workshops produce absolute massive amound of supplies.

When you add a hammer boost spell it becomes beyond insane, With my personal prosperity tower boost it's nearly 300k for a single 3 hour production.
This makes hammers super cheap, and "the" throw away commodity in the spire.
That way I can treat my coins like precious gold and work around this 3x more difficult @#%^#.

In the comming weeks I will see how far this approach will bring me.

ps. I assume that if you have a really huge amount of wonder levels that you are indeed at the elvenar chapter.

Deleted User - 3932582

I didn't look you up and I don't really understand why your barfing so much.
Maybe your trying to rush it or maybe you've spent a lot of cash.
Or perhaps not learning basic game mechanics. Like the fact that it is not helpful to keep around all the guest race portals from the already completed chapters. Then proceeding to insult @Mykan who literally wrote a guide for the game, and mentioned that he also plays lower-level cities.

And it's hilarious to read about more advanced players not being able to experience the anguish caused by the "broken" crafting system. Newsflash - most of these players completed the Orcs chapter when there was no crafting system at all. Zilch. Nada. As well as quite a few other useful things in the game were not there at the time - teleports, portal profits, high damage boosts etc. But sure, now is the worst time ever to be in the Orcs chapter. What can possibly compare? /s

DeletedUser4194

Just a reminder to maintain a cordial tone towards each other.

The purpose of this thread is to discuss the Spire and yes you may express your frustration, we appreciate all feedback. However attacks on other players are not justified, tolerated, nor allowed.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
And it's hilarious to read about more advanced players not being able to experience the anguish caused by the "broken" crafting system. Newsflash - most of these players completed the Orcs chapter when there was no crafting system at all. Zilch. Nada. As well as quite a few other useful things in the game were not there at the time - teleports, portal profits, high damage boosts etc. But sure, now is the worst time ever to be in the Orcs chapter.

So much yes

DeletedUser20844

'Pure'? You mean one of those people who play the game for free while complaining all the time about how awful the game is? Bonus points if they also mock the ones who do put money into the game, being unaware that these people are the ones keeping the game running to allow others to play for free. Is that the kind of 'pure' you're talking about?
Oooo that is a most excellent answer! I spend SO much time on this game. I realized I hadn't bought any diamonds for about 6 months because there are so many ways to accumulate diamonds now (wishing wells, genie, spire). 2 weeks ago I spent $10 on a diamond pack just as a thank you to Inno games for providing a game that I spend multiple hours a day on.
I know it's a corny saying, but they have to eat too!
By the way, I LOVE the Spire! Not so much at first, but now I can easily make it to the final boss on Stage 2 without spending any diamonds.

DeletedUser20844

So when the game favors low level players it is well balanced.
When you have trouble with it, the game sucks.

So much yes to this whole post. When the Spire first came out, I disliked it (I'm Chapter 10). It was a waste of troops, negotiations were awful (in my opinion) and I thought it was completely ridiculous. I simply chose not to play it.

Then I decided I wanted that Moonstone set so I played to the 1st stage boss every time. Then I wanted the teleport spells so I'm playing it more and more. Now I'm finding it so much fun and have found tactics to minimize losses, am setting up my city to better participate in the Spire, and I have something fun in game to do on Sundays! :p