• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Instead of "Scout a Province or complete a tech" you could just say "We don't want you getting any more points and don't care to have you as a customer any more."

It would be less humiliating to be honestly defecated on than to be faced with the pretense that you care about anything but our credit card numbers.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Inno just wants things in the game that will get the most advanced players to burn up their stockpiles of time instants. Say if you are sitting on dozens each of 20-hour, 14-hour, and 8-hour instants, then it is simple to speed up a scout here and there. I have also only seen this quest two times so far of all the bonus quests I have done. The first time, I had a chapter 15 research almost ready, so I waited less than a day to complete the task, and the second time is right now. I already had a scout going, with about 54 hours, out of 78, left on it, so I sped it up til there were 24 hours left and am patiently waiting for it to finish tomorrow afternoon. I never stop scouting, during an event or not, so sometimes the timing works out and sometimes it does not. No big deal. What I am tired of is having to produce 112k marble for a bonus quest. If I do not use any enchantments or boosts at all, that can take me almost as long as a full scout, with my three level 24+ factories.

DeletedUser16929

Instead of "Scout a Province or complete a tech" you could just say "We don't want you getting any more points and don't care to have you as a customer any more."

It would be less humiliating to be honestly defecated on than to be faced with the pretense that you care about anything but our credit card numbers
wow, somebody had to say it, this is sad INNO, very SAD!:(:mad::(:mad:o_O:mad::(:mad::( these emojis are sad! sad, sad, sad!

Deleted User - 3932582

What I am tired of is having to produce 112k marble for a bonus quest. If I do not use any enchantments or boosts at all, that can take me almost as long as a full scout, with my three level 24+ factories.
Well, you can always build more T1s if you care enough about bonus section. I am building 5th L24, but 4x L24 T1s with 4 MMs is just enough (almost exactly) for this quest if you collect 5 times during MM being active, and start with 9h production waiting. Well, that and a single collection from 2x L10 Mermaids. With this setup, this quest can be done over about 12 hours, with another 12 for cooldown (MPs and 9h production) doing other quests. It would be easier to do with 5x L24, or higher manu levels. Using MMs puts you on a tight collection schedule though.

This is with no timeboosts at all. If you're willing to juice it up a little bit, you can obviously do with less manus in the same timeframe (or relax your collection schedule a bit).

But yeah, so far goods production is what slows bonus quests for me. I've only had a single scout quest so far, and was lucky enough to be just 3 hours away from completion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pheryll

Set Designer
There was a lot of wasted effort put into this event. First the block animation. Do they really think someone who spends money and diamonds on event currency is going to sit through 100s of block animations to claim a prize they were hoping required little effort given the amount of money invested? Next, the grid. A whole new layout to prize selection that was basically structured like a single chest. The complex tile system with doubling, reveal, and reshuffle that probability-wise could be easily correlated with a much less complex system. Third, the daily prize and culture buildings. They kept inferior buildings, like unicorns, as daily prizes even though the same or better could be gotten from the random culture building drawing.

Programming-wise they could have accomplished a lot more for all the effort that was put in.

DeletedUser24112

I was like, your doing good boss, you've got me charmed every time with your snow suit. I'm thinking over a bauble or two myself for a relax light, got my lists pure. Now boss, listen, I, for this time, it's the day when a good charm mattered until next time for the advice turmoil overflow at the lava. But boss, promise me this, or we're straight to the scaffolding bury with the sky so mighty and the friend app scream that could pierce. We're ahead of time so we may as well catch up some work. But if the healed Drider heads back, the secret was the flying primate should remember the incense said Mesopotamia before the precision we do.

qaccy

I thought it was pretty obvious, since CMs have basically said as much, that some quests are deliberately intended to slow players down. This is done more for the sake of overall event balancing than it is to 'screw players over'. The alternative that they used to use was having daily event quests. Now, of course a new quest being available every 24 hours is more often than an advanced player completing a scout without using diamonds or time boosters, but they also intend for multiple quests to be completed in between these 'roadblocks' instead of just one quest and then back to waiting for the next one. Whatever randomization they use for providing quests doesn't always ensure this to be the case, but they're getting there.

Following comments on these forums, it's really starting to turn into an echo chamber here. Negative posts are essentially repeated over and over while getting mass thumbs ups, compared to posts (like this one) that attempt to look at the other side of things or at least be more reasonable. I have my own grievances with Elvenar, especially having so many of my expectations tempered by playing FoE for so long, but overall I'm still having a great deal of fun playing and that far outweighs any negatives that might exist. The day that changes, I'll no longer be here because to me, if a game isn't fun then I'll go play one that is. Why would I sit here on the forums complaining all the time instead?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Why would I sit here on the forums complaining all the time instead?
Especially when you can instead come here and belittle other people's frustrations by trivializing their complaints as being unworthy?

I thought it was pretty obvious, since CMs have basically said as much, that some quests are deliberately intended to slow players down.
I know it's easy to imagine that everyone has the same information as you, but despite many of us having access to the Beta forums, and some of us actually going there once or twice a month when someone replies to an earlier message or tags us or PMs us, most of us have not been blessed by the obviousness of the communications from the gods that grant you such stoicism.

RainbowSKYEPIXIE

My 2 cents on event: I am satisfied that I have made it to level 10 for the prize. I am still hopeful that it may prove it's worth, since I spent the extra "real $$" on the bonus building (event outpost). Why did I do that? I was still hopeful that "joy" would come. In my time (since Jan. 2018) the game is losing ( big time), in my opinion, even an interest to continue playing. The events are insanely close together. Throwing 10x more events in front of people, with not so hot prizes, does not & will Never replace what the game once offered as "Grand Prizes". I have made it to Constructs & have previously enjoyed & looked so forward to events, not anymore. If this is truly "requested feedback" I want to share that while I do believe in paying it forward "real $" for entertainment and at that I expect entertainment. I do not think that is too much to ask. This random "slot machine" idea is horrible. Do you all have to pay out of your pocket for the grand prizes that I win?? I mean what does it cost the devs to let us have fun and win grand prizes if I am willing to sit in front of my pc for hours on end & "Work For It!" ??? Does someone have to sit there on the other end & push another button every time I collect from it?? Seriously, this is ridiculous. People that want 10 of whatever you are offering are still gonna "Pay" for it. So these "random, junk quest ideas" are redundant anyway.

Feedback- I love the buildings offered in that they are pretty!! :)

I - Do not like the current random quest "un-improvements". Do not like my "lucky chances" at gaining prizes. OH! I forgot to mention the price of even taking the chance on a "spend the wheel" is ridiculously overpriced". Do not like the spiraling morale in my teammates nor my neighbors, due to these changes. If the devs are monitoring closely they are seeing the desertion in participation in gameplay. I do not like that I am wasting my time even writing this as I do not see that anything, even with the "most complaints" on these latest so-called improvements is being taken into consideration. You are vastly losing players & if that is the plan well you are doing a great job! I will stop at that. This game has been a daily pleasure for me for the longest time & as they say all good things must come to an end. :(

I have greatly enjoyed reading everyone's ideas & comments along the way. Thanks to all of you for the entertainment. :) Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you All!!

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

The events are insanely close together. Throwing 10x more events in front of people, with not so hot prizes, does not & will Never replace what the game once offered as "Grand Prizes".
I've been thinking this for a long time. A "Grand Prize" implies something grand. They used to be big, powerful, hard-to-reach prizes that were so good we kept them long after their usefulness (with eager anticipation of the long-awaited chance to upgrade them). I still have many of those original buildings and don't ever plan on selling them (especially now that they're properly upgraded).

But an endless string of mediocre prizes (and some good ones) does not fit the definition of "grand prize." So if the devs want to change things up to be more exciting, how about an event where it uses the original formula of 1-3 actual "grand" prizes.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
A "Grand Prize" implies something grand. They used to be big, powerful, hard-to-reach prizes that were so good we kept them long after their usefulness
This what's spoiling things for me. If a prize requires above average effort, it should be worth above average effort. In previous events, putting in some effort was worth it, because I could get things that strengthened my city. Now I'm faced with smaller prizes, harder to get prizes, and a grand prize that means getting my ribbons back on a shuffle is a net loss because getting a little closer to a "grand" prize that doesn't interest me is not worth losing progress toward the small number of dailies which are interesting.

The only things that's keeping me from being banned from the forums (and possibly the game) is a firm commitment to never post things like telling developers they can four-letter-word themselves with something until a cooldown of 48 hours after I wanted to say it. 29 hours to go and I haven't changed my mind yet.

Crow Last Elf

I wanted to emphasize a point that has been listed by others, but may get buried among longer posts.

The day that the candy cane unicorn was the daily prize, it seemed that the side prizes were still the normal small-value side prizes.

I believe unicorns, even the candy cane unicorn, are side prizes on other days. And I think that all unicorns that are available in the Winter Event are also available in the Magic Academy.

This makes it practically a mistake to play the grid on the days were the unicorn is the daily prize. Wouldn't players look forward to playing the grid every day if the total value of the grid was somewhat equal?

That day's grid (when unicorns are daily prizes) would probably make more people happy if the side prizes were amped up in value.

It would be interesting to have insight into how many players played the "present grid" each day and how many ribbons on average per player were used each day. A breakdown of the percentage of the the daily players by chpt would be a bonus. I think that if it was known what interested players across the entire game, then individual players would be more understanding of why certain prizes (or building types) are included and how often.

CHANDY

I just heard from support about what I thought was a mistake, my receiving 20 ribbons, After completing the original questline we start again at 20 ribbons.

Kataphractos

Is anyone else having difficulty collecting the ribbons that spawn at the very top edge of the map, on the little cliff overlooking the frozen pond? I've found I can drag the map around until that ribbon is on the top-right corner of the screen, and then it can be collected. But it strikes me that the spawn point could be lowered by a few pixels.