• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3932582

Is anyone else having difficulty collecting the ribbons that spawn at the very top edge of the map, on the little cliff overlooking the frozen pond? I've found I can drag the map around until that ribbon is on the top-right corner of the screen, and then it can be collected. But it strikes me that the spawn point could be lowered by a few pixels.
Heh, I think I played probably half the game thinking that sometimes chests spawned for neighborly help just don't show up on the map (in browser version). Only later on I found out that there is this spawning point on the top. which is commonly covered by info bar... ;)

DeletedUser20819

So are we supposed to keep getting 20 ribbons even for epic requests for each reward or does this step up into reasonable at some point?

WOW. Literally THE. WORST event ever.

The programming team has screwed up like 11ty billion times.

DeletedUser24458

I wanted to emphasize a point that has been listed by others, but may get buried among longer posts.

The day that the candy cane unicorn was the daily prize, it seemed that the side prizes were still the normal small-value side prizes.

I believe unicorns, even the candy cane unicorn, are side prizes on other days. And I think that all unicorns that are available in the Winter Event are also available in the Magic Academy.

This makes it practically a mistake to play the grid on the days were the unicorn is the daily prize. Wouldn't players look forward to playing the grid every day if the total value of the grid was somewhat equal?

That day's grid (when unicorns are daily prizes) would probably make more people happy if the side prizes were amped up in value.

It would be interesting to have insight into how many players played the "present grid" each day and how many ribbons on average per player were used each day. A breakdown of the percentage of the the daily players by chpt would be a bonus. I think that if it was known what interested players across the entire game, then individual players would be more understanding of why certain prizes (or building types) are included and how often.

I feel the same way - and more so - about the portal profit being offered. That can also be made in the MA and it wasn't that grand at 15%. I have now skipped two days of dailies and am just accumulating ribbons for the next decent dailiy. This is the only choice I have in this event :p

shimmerfly

I've been thinking this for a long time. A "Grand Prize" implies something grand. They used to be big, powerful, hard-to-reach prizes that were so good we kept them long after their usefulness (with eager anticipation of the long-awaited chance to upgrade them). I still have many of those original buildings and don't ever plan on selling them (especially now that they're properly upgraded).
I completely agree. This whole evnt reminds me of something made up for 10 yr olds. ( no offense!!)
These prizes are so disappointing it's not worth playing it. There is no incentive here. So very disappointing for a Chritmas event.
Bah Hunbug

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I've been thinking this for a long time. A "Grand Prize" implies something grand. They used to be big, powerful, hard-to-reach prizes that were so good we kept them long after their usefulness (with eager anticipation of the long-awaited chance to upgrade them). I still have many of those original buildings and don't ever plan on selling them (especially now that they're properly upgraded).

And you know what? A lot of players hated those old events with the three grand prizes, where you could probably get the first two, but if you wanted the third one, you had to get either massively lucky on getting bonus event currency or you had to spend real money on the event currency. I really disliked that format and was so glad when they stopped using that model and went to the building set model.

DeletedUser24458

I thought it was pretty obvious, since CMs have basically said as much, that some quests are deliberately intended to slow players down. This is done more for the sake of overall event balancing than it is to 'screw players over'.

Correct me if I am wrong, but those players who have multiple or excessive evolved buildings from the past must be high diamond players. I am hearing complaints of this event from both high level and low level cities. How would slowing progress down with quests stop high diamond players? Inno is punishing what I would consider "normal" players (occasional diamond purchasers to no purchases at all) with these quests and new event system. I think it is a poor business decision to change things because of these few. If you do not want players having more than 1 or 2 evolved buildings don't offer it.

DeletedUser20819

This is a joke, RIGHT? That's 1-2-3 days with boosts on AND 6 silk manufactories.

For 20 ribbons. That's right, for three days of earnings on a let's say lower mid-range amount of manufactories, I get 1/3 of a roll. So six days, one roll with your "new and improved or is it your broken and you just don't care system"?

Isn't Christmas supposed to be about giving and joy and less stress and companies giving a little back to the people who quite literally pay to keep the lights on over their heads and so on? Or is the Swedish version of a Christmas event just about annoyance, aggravation and making its players wonder why they would spend another dollar on a company who has so totally messed something up and then instead of making it better, they made it worse instead of just shrugging and let it go/mark it down as something they didn't plan/execute very well?

This is insulting. It's not even annoying anymore. It's an insult. If you don't want people who work hard in the games to actually succeed then just put an end on the event. Making virtually impossible quests is insulting. Here, let me translate...Swedish for insulting is kränkande. This is kränkande and not a Christimas event.

Just in case anybody on the other side of these forums cares, my opinion about your company and playing your game is roughly 1/10th of what it was before this event started. Great job

!
Christmas_Junk2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

shimmerfly

Woo hoo Ashrem Good for you for saying it. Just don't leave the game. A lot of us would be missing you..We've lost too many great players already.

Following comments on these forums, it's really starting to turn into an echo chamber here. Negative posts are essentially repeated over and over while getting mass thumbs ups, compared to posts (like this one) that attempt to look at the other side of things or at least be more reasonable. I have my own grievances with Elvenar, especially having so many of my expectations tempered by playing FoE for so long, but overall I'm still having a great deal of fun playing and that far outweighs any negatives that might exist. The day that changes, I'll no longer be here because to me, if a game isn't fun then I'll go play one that is. Why would I sit here on the forums complaining all the time instead?

Oh gee echo chamber? It's a terrible event what should we do? Sit here and defend something that is not even up to par for the entire game?
No offence qaccy but I don't get where your coming from.
The whole event is terrible. I'm not even talking about the quests.

LayDHawk

Instead of "Scout a Province or complete a tech" you could just say "We don't want you getting any more points and don't care to have you as a customer any more."

It would be less humiliating to be honestly defecated on than to be faced with the pretense that you care about anything but our credit card numbers.

LOL and you were thinking they actually do care? try contacting someone for help and 3 days later you are still dealing with it...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If you are into the bonus quests, then your Gingerbread House must be almost fully evolved, unless you have been holding onto your ribbons for future daily prizes. Either way, Inno seems to have thought that anyone making it to this point would have enough to finish the building and people could keep going, if they wanted, or ignore the rest of the event, if they wanted. Maybe Germans do not have the OCD that Americans have, and the need to get everything we possibly can while an event is ongoing?

DeletedUser21727

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH...Compared to last year, the prizes are garbage, the quests are unreasonable and to get even a chance for a chance...off the charts. 50 ribbons for one pick? Seriously...Ever since they stopped the daily special event quest where you could at least get a chance at prize, now it takes sometimes 2 days to get even half a swipe at prizes. Some are easy i.e. make a trade or aid a friend but those are far and few between.
If you put in any suggestions to change back to the old way, you are ignored.
This company has become greedy and everything has become diamond heavy. More money less fun game play for clients.
I'm not worried about saying this cause they just don't care anymore, and the only reason why i still kind of play is because I've spent a lot of money so far.
BAH HUMBUG InnoGames and shame on you!!

qaccy

Sounds like you should just quit the game. I'll never understand why people will continue to engage with something they seemingly don't enjoy when they have nothing preventing them from stopping. Some sort of mental block?

Seriously, just stop playing and go do something else with your time that you actually find enjoyable. Unless you like coming here to complain? It's getting to be an eyesore for me, though.

qaccy

The way I see it, events still give me free stuff for simply playing the game. Anything I get from an event is something I wouldn't have if the event didn't happen or if I didn't participate. Simple as that. People take these games too seriously, get too emotionally invested in them and proceed to come unraveled whenever they feel like the game's slighting them. Solution? Quit caring so much about a game. It's meant to be fun. If you're not having fun, you're either trying too hard and this game is not designed to live up to those sorts of expectations, or Elvenar just isn't the game for you.

DeletedUser24458

The way I see it, events still give me free stuff for simply playing the game. Anything I get from an event is something I wouldn't have if the event didn't happen or if I didn't participate. Simple as that. People take these games too seriously, get too emotionally invested in them and proceed to come unraveled whenever they feel like the game's slighting them. Solution? Quit caring so much about a game. It's meant to be fun. If you're not having fun, you're either trying too hard and this game is not designed to live up to those sorts of expectations, or Elvenar just isn't the game for you.
With that kind of feedback, Inno would never improve

DeletedUser24458

Sounds like you should just quit the game. I'll never understand why people will continue to engage with something they seemingly don't enjoy when they have nothing preventing them from stopping. Some sort of mental block?

Seriously, just stop playing and go do something else with your time that you actually find enjoyable. Unless you like coming here to complain? It's getting to be an eyesore for me, though.

So we should just be grateful for the "King's scraps"? While I will agree that some are not giving constructive criticism and just raging, Inno did ask for feedback and people are giving it. To say they should just stop playing is ridiculous and insulting.

I agree that the 20 ribbons for way more effort is insulting. The way I hear it, this was a way to stop players getting too many fully evolved buildings but the players who were exploiting the system are high diamond spenders so how did the changes stop them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Black watch

Well I've thought about quiting many times. The problem is, I like my clan mates and I'm helping our clan pretty well. If I leave, I'll be hurting a bunch of people I like.
Second. I used to like this game a great deal, but INNO keeps changing it in ways that aren't good.
They've fixed some things and given us hope but then they've continued to go down hill with the events.
People are frustrated.
Quite a few have spent money on this game and are upset their investments are going to be wasted if they leave the game, they used to enjoy.
We all hope someone at INNO changes things back to the nice events they used to be.
And lastly, as it was pointed out by Teagan75, INNO did ask for feedback.

As far as the game is concerned, no one forces us to play it so we have a choice.
No one has to read the forum posts... we have that choice too.
YOU have that choice... if it is upsetting you, you don't have to read them.

Now, that said. I truly hope you're having a wonderful holiday season.... :)

Pheryll

Set Designer
The way I hear it, this was a way to stop players getting too many fully evolved buildings but the players who were exploiting the system are high diamond spenders so how did the changes stop them?

Free players made up a significant amount, if not the majority, of cases. The Mermaids Paradise event had a free player asking support to extend the offering of mermaid prizes when the queue ran out. The Zodiac bear event was with many free players locking in on the time boosters as a way of paying for the next quest. This event many free players locked in on an exploit to be able to predict the contents of a chest based on information in another city on the same server.

Black watch

I think you missed the part about what Tyghe said...

...I've spent a lot of money so far...

Money makes things different...
Folks are upset because bad changes have happened after they've spent money on something they used to like.

DeletedUser20819

The point to the events is getting a nice final piece. Fair enough. If you have a problem with someone getting 2 or 5 or 15 final pieces then don't fripping offer the bases and DEFINATELY don't sell the evolutions as craft pieces in the crafting.

My point to most of my points on this subject is we've gone from some decent events, rewarding people who work hard with a decent bump. THAT is getting lost in ALL of this. Doing these repetitive quests, spending my boosts and timeskips? That's not normal HA HA having a great time stuff. It's called GRINDING AKA WORK. I didn't get to the "bonus" part of this event by picking my nose. I worked very hard, spent an incredible number of rewards from other events and instead of them making the CHRISTMAS event better, they keep messing with it in ways or having it mess with us in ways that don't reflect that at this point in the month, some of us are trying to BETTER ourselves with an event that we saw was pretty fun looking at first at the beginning of the month but after two or three tries at a present, we found it truly was not.
No, after three presents, we found this event was clearly 1/10th of the benefit of the previous last 5 or 6 events? Less? Get a single goods boost and then mix them all up again? Go through 12 presents and hone in on the winner and have it shuffle on you? No, this wasn't fun from the beginning. It wasn't funny either because despite the fact we of course are welcome to ignore every event you give us, you fluff juuust enough in there that we have to try anyways.

To say that this event is the single most largest failure I've seen in the game is an understatement. I'm better than sure I spent MORE timeskipping and boosting than I even earned. I guess the final xmas house will eventually pay me back in 4 months however I'm much too salty at the moment to even consider playing that much longer.

IT WAS A CHRISTMAS EVENT! HOW COULD ANYONE WHO DESIGNS YOUR FLIPPING EVENTS ******THINK******* THAT DESTOYING A REWARD SYSTEM AND PUTTING IN A "LUCK OF THE DRAW" SYSTEM COULD EVER ******EVER!!!!***** BE ACCEPTABLE?

Do Swedish (Innogames) and German (I gues they're in there too) even recognize Christmas? The point where the gifts are supposed to be BETTER than the rest of the year, not chopped to a portion of them?

Captured Conversation of Elvendar Design Team

Ulf "Derpa Derpa HOOOO wrecking games I DOOOO's"
Ingred "Oh Hey Ulf! Wocha doinnn?"
Ulf "Oh just ruining a working system that makes people pretty darn happy in Elvenar, what...about...you?"
Ingred "GOODNESS, Ulf! Is that such a good idea? I mean...it *IS* Christmas!"
Ulf "No no no! None of that! We make mistakes. Big UGLY mistakes in past events! Even though we allowed our event to allow people to make 200,000 Mermaid Swimmy Pools, those rascally players! They made 200,000 Mermaid Swimmy Pools and now Ulf is sad!"
Ingred "Ummm maybe we should have only let people make 1...or 2 Mermaid Swimmy Pools? You know, it is our fault that the people make 200,000 Mermaid Swimmy Pool!"
Ulf "No no no! I'll hear none of that! And whhhyyyyy you ask? I havvveee a plannn!"
Ingred (shuddering in fear) "What is your plan ummm...Ulf?"
Ulf "I'm gonna take every single stinking GOOD thing from every single stinking GOOD event, gonna THROW those out, gonna just THROW THEM ALL OUT and instead of a fun and cool Christmas Event, I'm gonna make it a stupid dumb luck to get anything instead of that easier/enjoyable/not too time consuming choosy plan that still was plenty hard for most!"
Ingred "Ummm UIf...that sounds like a bad pla...."
Ulf "NO NO NO! I need to make DUMB plan! Then and only then I can trick the SMART and sneaky players! I'm gonna make it so dumb that half the game will be too stunned to even be able to post complaints! You see...HA HA You. Will. See!"
Ingred "But Ulf...it's Christmas. Why you make such a bad event that breaks the hearts...oh the Children, Ulf! Think of them too!"
Ulf "NO NO NO! Revenge is needed now, Ingred. Those sneaky players and their 200,000 Mermaid Swimmy Pools. They must pay now and oh yes, I will MAKE THEM PAY! By the time I get done, it'll cost you more than you can even earn if you do any more than 1/3rd of the month AAAAAAAAHAHAHAAHAH!"