• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3932582

Free players made up a significant amount, if not the majority, of cases.
Exactly. I don't think anyone at Inno would have had any issues with diamond players acquiring multiple top prizes and paying excessively in the process. But instead, a ton of F2P players got so much stuff without paying that actual diamond spenders found it is hard to impossible to compete with such players. And that's just not a good business, hence all the changes that ensued. Basically, they want to construct a system where 1 fully evolved building is doable for free, but that's about it. Paying customers should be able to get more - for a price.

DeletedUser16929

Well I've thought about quiting many times. The problem is, I like my clan mates and I'm helping our clan pretty well. If I leave, I'll be hurting a bunch of people I like.
Second. I used to like this game a great deal, but INNO keeps changing it in ways that aren't good.
They've fixed some things and given us hope but then they've continued to go down hill with the events.
People are frustrated.
Quite a few have spent money on this game and are upset their investments are going to be wasted if they leave the game, they used to enjoy.
We all hope someone at INNO changes things back to the nice events they used to be.
And lastly, as it was pointed out by Teagan75, INNO did ask for feedback.

As far as the game is concerned, no one forces us to play it so we have a choice.
No one has to read the forum posts... we have that choice too.
YOU have that choice... if it is upsetting you, you don't have to read them.

Now, that said. I truly hope you're having a wonderful holiday season.... :)
well i have too many times myself, multiplied the thought for leaving, multiple thoughts of leaving my fellowship, whom i like
the only reason i stay is for my fellowship! friends! comrades!
................................................................................. if INNO Claus is listening,
... please bring us a time machine so we can go back to 2018 and evert this game designing nitemare disaster !!!!!!
i was going to use an emoji, but these emojis suck, bring back the old emojis, please!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20819

Exactly. I don't think anyone at Inno would have had any issues with diamond players acquiring multiple top prizes and paying excessively in the process. But instead, a ton of F2P players got so much stuff without paying that actual diamond spenders found it is hard to impossible to compete with such players. And that's just not a good business, hence all the changes that ensued. Basically, they want to construct a system where 1 fully evolved building is doable for free, but that's about it. Paying customers should be able to get more - for a price.

You know what though? If you make a system...and trust me, I know about making systems because I oversee an IT environment with 40 different in house created systems that we need to provide food services for a large part of north America...YOU are responsible for that system. It means if you screw up and every cash register in your IT Infrastructure gives out an extra $10 in change for every dollar spent YOU AND ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE.

SO. We had an event or events that got exploited. A stupid knee jerk response to that is to pound everybody into the ground with a new and interesting event but with horrible rewards. I mean the rewards were terrible. In effect they made US pay for the fact they let some people with no lives create a bunch of bear or a bunch of Mermaid pools or whatever. We're not to fault for that. They made it, they made it with a huge...HUGE exploit in it...I mean seriously, you don't cap the events AND you don't cap the number of pools people can get? I don't even need to program games to tell you that is a horrible idea. OF COURSE people were going to exploit that!

We're past that now. Well, we are. They obviously are not because of this reward, although it certainly paid out a nice frozen house and some nice buildings (as we are all aware, nice buildings are nice but NOBODY has space for 20 new Christmas buildings. Sorry, but they just don't. GREAT ideas but the presents? Could there be any more frustrating thing? The best you could pick for items could and were stacked behind shuffle buttons! That's nuts! I lost track of the GOOD rewards I missed because I was FORCED to shuffle and lose them. That's not enjoyable or entertaining at all, especially when the "good" things are like ONE 14hr time skip or a building.

The rewards under the presents were underwhelming to poor at best and then we don't have a choice to go for ones that might suit us even before even THEY get shuffled away? That's why the other system is so much better? At least we have a choice for a percentage roll on something we need.

As it was, I blew more boosts and shards and timeskips this event than I even got CLOSE to making back AND sorry but that's messed up for a "reward" event.

Lastly, if they have a problem with people making a bunch of one kind of base then cap the damn game at one base! Don't LET people make 6 mermaid bases if that's the problem I understand they severely over-reacted about. If you said to me on day 1 that I could have unlimited mermaid bases, I would have told you that people would abuse the living crap out of it.

DeletedUser2959

Sounds like you should just quit the game. I'll never understand why people will continue to engage with something they seemingly don't enjoy when they have nothing preventing them from stopping. Some sort of mental block?

Seriously, just stop playing and go do something else with your time that you actually find enjoyable. Unless you like coming here to complain? It's getting to be an eyesore for me, though.
We are all victims of the sunken cost fallacy at some time or another.

Risen Malchiah

And you know what? A lot of players hated those old events with the three grand prizes, where you could probably get the first two, but if you wanted the third one, you had to get either massively lucky on getting bonus event currency or you had to spend real money on the event currency. I really disliked that format and was so glad when they stopped using that model and went to the building set model.
Well, yes, I didn't like the near impossibility of reaching the 3rd grand prize, but that improved slightly after a few events. March of the Herds (Summer 2017) was the first event where I got the 3rd grand prize and I was so stoked to be able to do that. Then Eldrasil's in Fall 2017 and the Winter 2017 event followed, again with the 3rd grand prize being attainable as long as players were dedicated. Then by 2018, the grand prizes started becoming sets and much weaker overall, especially for players who didn't manage to get all 3. That's when some dailies and sets started becoming more desirable than the actual grand prizes themselves. So it seemed to me that to improve the grand prizes, this year they began the evolving buildings, some of which are phenomenal. Others not so much. But somehow, by breaking up the evolving buildings into artifacts and interspersing them with filler prizes, the whole concept of "grand" prize has gone off the rails.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Some of these random quests are getting to be ridiculous. I keep getting "Research 1 Technology or Gain Vision Vapor" and now it's up to "Gain 20 Vision Vapor". I think I'm going to go on vacation when events come around. It's getting to be, for me, that the only way to complete a lot of these random quests is to spend diamonds, which I don't have much to begin with.

DeletedUser21727

The way I see it, events still give me free stuff for simply playing the game. Anything I get from an event is something I wouldn't have if the event didn't happen or if I didn't participate. Simple as that. People take these games too seriously, get too emotionally invested in them and proceed to come unraveled whenever they feel like the game's slighting them. Solution? Quit caring so much about a game. It's meant to be fun. If you're not having fun, you're either trying too hard and this game is not designed to live up to those sorts of expectations, or Elvenar just isn't the game for you.
what you don't understand is I'm a home bound VNVet on extremely low income. I have a caregiver that comes twice a week for a couple hours and have literally no family. My main source of entertainment and social interaction is my computer. I have made friends here and in FOE in guilds and chat channels. I no longer will use most social media i.e. Facebook, twitter etc. Im not looking for a sympathy vote from you nor do i need one, but...10 bucks here 10 bucks there after a few years adds up and is a lot of money for me. Its not what i signed up for anymore. They have changed the rules and i feel ripped off. Its like if you bought a Bugatti Chiron MSRP $ 2.7 million and the car company came back and said "Whoops, we changed our rules, here's a 2019 Nissan Versa Sedan - MSRP $13,255 instead" (Actual MSRP's ROFLMAO X2)
But of course you new that

DeletedUser24458

You know what though? If you make a system...and trust me, I know about making systems because I oversee an IT environment with 40 different in house created systems that we need to provide food services for a large part of north America...YOU are responsible for that system. It means if you screw up and every cash register in your IT Infrastructure gives out an extra $10 in change for every dollar spent YOU AND ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE.

ROFL Free players exploited the system. That’s awesome actually and I couldn’t agree more that this was/is Inno’s fault. They made an exploitable system.

So really at this point the new game type gives us no choice except when to spend ribbons. That’s bad

Also, the new quest system makes it a horrible horrible horrible event especially for cities in chapters 1-3. Way different than when my city was in chap 2 and did the Phoenix event back in spring. That’s bad.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One

Deleted User - 1178646

I don't mind that they have reduced te number of ribbons for the bonus part.
But I do think it would have been wiser if they started with 57 ribbons and then gradually lowered it to 20 so that there is a natural flow instad of a shock moment to go from 57 back to 20.

I expect the "whining" to be a lot less with such an implementation.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Sounds like you should just quit the game. I'll never understand why people will continue to engage with something they seemingly don't enjoy when they have nothing preventing them from stopping. Some sort of mental block?

Seriously, just stop playing and go do something else with your time that you actually find enjoyable. Unless you like coming here to complain? It's getting to be an eyesore for me, though.

This just crossed the line for me. I am very unhappy with this event and between the demands in Chapter 15, this disappointing event, the FS Spire and attempting to play the game at all like I want to I am getting beyond frustrated and starting to feel burned out going from one development fail to the next to the next. I am hoping and looking forward to MAYBE some development response to make this game fun again or at least some middle ground. Stop playing? After years of time and tons of $ invested in this game I used to love? It is definitely not anybody's business who is ready to move on or not. I find it really rude and completely judgmental to make what sounds like a bullying demand for the obvious purpose of shutting up those of us who are frustrated and want to voice our opinions or even vent on a feedback thread. Think of it this way. Hope springs eternal! Hoping Elvenar gets a clue before they do run this game into the ground!

DeletedUser3468

Just logged into game after a day away... (needed a break from the tedium of the current event) and in my very first city get three variations of "get supplies" in a row. Maybe I should have taken a longer break.

Seriously, Inno, this is not fun. (and please read the quote in my sig and remember, this means you! You have chosen to put on an event that is extremely unpopular which means you've chosen the results of that action as well... or to put it another way, you reap what you sow. Just sayin'...)

DeletedUser21745

They don't want to cap the bases because they want players to be able to get more of them if they pay diamonds (Cash) for them. They just don't want players to get multiples without paying. But they are not very good at achieving that goal.
There is a very easy solution which I had recommended in the Beta forum.

The first set of buildings for the event is free as it is now.
Once you evolve all of your buildings and are ready to receive a second (or third or what ever) set you have to buy them with diamonds before you can evole them.

Win-win-win; Free players are able to get an evolve set up to level 10. Paying players can have multiple buildings, Inno gets paid.

DeletedUser21745

Regarding only 20 ribbons in the bonus round, while this might seem stingy and unfair you need to understand the reason behind doing this.

The objective of the bonus round is not for you to make significant advances, it is to allow you an opportunity to continue playing the event.
While I hate this event as much as the next player I do understand what Inno has done and why they are doing it.
Believe it or not it is based on your feedback.

A year ago events had a fixed quest list and a limited number of quests. The chances of evolving even a single building was marginal depending upon how much bonus currency you received in the chests. Sometimes you could make it, sometime not, depending on your luck. Players complained that it was not guaranteed to get fully evolved even if you completed all of the quests.

Also many players could complete the event too early. I myself usually finished the event in 1/4 of the time because I planned well. We would usually turn it into a race to see who could finish first.

To give those that finished too early a chance to play longer or to give you that extra edge to get that final evolve the solution was to add the more difficult infinite quest line.

One drawback however with "infinite quest line" was that really determined players could obtain more prizes than was originally expected by the developers.

The fix for that is to reduce the event currency in the infinite quest line. This provides players that really want to play the event longer or those that are almost at their 9th or 10th evolve an ability to be challenged by the event while at the same time not making it overly easy to get too many prizes.

As an added benefit, if you want to pay real $$$ for an advantage you have that option as well.

Remember, the alternative was an event with a limited number of quests and when they are done, they are done.