• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Deleted User - 3932582

I expect the "whining" to be a lot less...
I don't, that's one thing constant around here. And you do realize that in order to adjust for such implementation and keep the same targets they wouldn't be running up to 57 and then down. That 57 number would be quite a bit lower. Imagine the outrage ;)

Or are you proposing to start quest #1 with 57? That would be event worse. Talk about wrong incentives to progress...

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Regarding only 20 ribbons in the bonus round, while this might seem stingy and unfair you need to understand the reason behind doing this.

The objective of the bonus round is not for you to make significant advances, it is to allow you an opportunity to continue playing the event.
While I hate this event as much as the next player I do understand what Inno has done and why they are doing it.
Believe it or not it is based on your feedback.

A year ago events had a fixed quest list and a limited number of quests. The chances of evolving even a single building was marginal depending upon how much bonus currency you received in the chests. Sometimes you could make it, sometime not, depending on your luck. Players complained that it was not guaranteed to get fully evolved even if you completed all of the quests.

Also many players could complete the event too early. I myself usually finished the event in 1/4 of the time because I planned well. We would usually turn it into a race to see who could finish first.

To give those that finished too early a chance to play longer or to give you that extra edge to get that final evolve the solution was to add the more difficult infinite quest line.

One drawback however with "infinite quest line" was that really determined players could obtain more prizes than was originally expected by the developers.

The fix for that is to reduce the event currency in the infinite quest line. This provides players that really want to play the event longer or those that are almost at their 9th or 10th evolve an ability to be challenged by the event while at the same time not making it overly easy to get too many prizes.

As an added benefit, if you want to pay real $$$ for an advantage you have that option as well.

Remember, the alternative was an event with a limited number of quests and when they are done, they are done.

I think people were still surprised that it dropped all the way to 20 from 57, since the official intro for the event only said the amount for the bonus quests would be reduced. Fortunately, we knew in advance it would drop down to 20 because of Beta and the info being on Elven Gems, or at least those of us who knew where to look, knew this in advance.

As for fixed list versus infinite, you may notice the most noisy about this are the ones who want to go back to the set, limited list, so that they can do them all in two or three days and then not deal with the event until their preferred daily prize shows up.

One other note on this event and the transition from normal to bonus quests, from what I experienced, and others have posted about, I think the devs miscalculated the point this transition should happen, rather than doing it on purpose. If they wanted players to max the building at the end of the normal quests, they were off by a couple of grand prizes. I, and others, finished the normal quests still needing between one and three more grand prizes to get that 9th artifact, depending on our luck with bricks and extra ribbons from the presents. So almost everyone wanting to max the building has had to do a bunch of the bonus quests for those 20 ribbons each. That part has not been fun at all. Sure, instead of doing the bonus quests, we could have sat around and waited for the next FA, which will almost definitely have Gingerbread artifacts as prizes, but we are an impatient bunch of players and want to max the building now, not later. lol

Oh, and it has been way less than a year since the last event that had a limited list of quests. The last one like that was the Easter/Phoenix event. They made that list so easy, and not rewarding enough, that they added that extra batch of quests part way through the event. After that was when they decided we needed an infinite quest list that also had to be randomized, so that people would never again be finished in just a couple of days.

Deleted User - 3932582

One other note on this event and the transition from normal to bonus quests, from what I experienced, and others have posted about, I think the devs miscalculated the point this transition should happen, rather than doing it on purpose. If they wanted players to max the building at the end of the normal quests, they were off by a couple of grand prizes. I, and others, finished the normal quests still needing between one and three more grand prizes to get that 9th artifact, depending on our luck with bricks and extra ribbons from the presents. So almost everyone wanting to max the building has had to do a bunch of the bonus quests for those 20 ribbons each. That part has not been fun at all. Sure, instead of doing the bonus quests, we could have sat around and waited for the next FA, which will almost definitely have Gingerbread artifacts as prizes, but we are an impatient bunch of players and want to max the building now, not later. lol
Oh, I think they calculated it perfectly. The intent was not to have guaranteed max evolution with the regular quests, it was to be pretty close, but often not quite hitting it so that you would pay up to make a difference. Or slog through the bonus quests or wait for FA - not fun, so here is another reason just to pay up. I mean, they explicitly said that this was the goal, and it makes sense for what they wanted to accomplish.

Paying up is not just for people who want multiple evolution buildings - those would likely be few and far between given how expensive it is going to be vs benefits. It is also for people wishing to bridge this L9 to L10 gap. There likely are going to be quite a few of those.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Personally, I don't think the reduced return on effort is the issue, it's that they have not done a good job of levelling that return on effort. My opinion is that to make it feel fair, they need to do one of two things:
  1. Make the number of ribbons gained in some way commensurate with the effort required, so that everyone who completes 20 days of extra quests gets about the same number of ribbons as everyone else who completes 20 days of extra quests.
  2. Ensure in some way that everyone who completes a block (say 20 extra quests) gets the same block of quests as everyone else who completed that many but in a random order.
I just last night completed a scout for a quest after growing tired and blowing off 24 hours of instants. It was followed by 12 beverages, then followed by another Scout quest. And I had another one late late last week. So by Saturday morning, for more an a week of play (11 days), I'll have accumulated 140 ribbons in 7 quests plus the ones I picked up off the ground.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Oh, I think they calculated it perfectly. The intent was not to have guaranteed max evolution with the regular quests, it was to be pretty close, but often not quite hitting it so that you would pay up to make a difference. Or slog through the bonus quests or wait for FA - not fun, so here is another reason just to pay up. I mean, they explicitly said that this was the goal, and it makes sense for what they wanted to accomplish.

I do not find it funny that they have intentionally made the expected outcome the same as when the events were fun with 3 Grand prizes and yet have to ruin the fun that they used to be with their STUPID new method!

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I don't, that's one thing constant around here. And you do realize that in order to adjust for such implementation and keep the same targets they wouldn't be running up to 57 and then down. That 57 number would be quite a bit lower. Imagine the outrage ;)

Or are you proposing to start quest #1 with 57? That would be event worse. Talk about wrong incentives to progress...

not really, you still want to win som prizes, in the meantime you get comfortable with less ribbons each time you progress untill you hit the 20 ribbon bottom.
It becomes a "natural flow" that prevents outrage when it drops from 57 to 20.

If you want to prevent to many prizes to be ginven out for "free", you need to make it harder and harder as you further progresses. this is also part of the natural flow of any game. you have to get stronger, find beter weapons ect to combat the increased difficulty of your opponents.

Another option would be to increase the difficulty of the quests on each passing. 1 toolbox, 2 toolboxes 3 toolboxes ect untill you have 15 toolboxes, or 10.000 marble 20.000 marble ect.

The "unlimited" part is a "soft cap" but the hars falldown from 57 to 20 meets a lot of resistance, It's more common sense to follow the path of natural resistance in some form or another. either by increasing the difficulty of each assignment or lower the reward by each consecutive assignment.

When we look at many RPG's the same thing happens, if you keep bashing the same mobs, they will start with a high XP amount for example 210xp and then it gradually goes down to 5 or 1 xp per kill or in some cases even zero.

So it aint an unproven concept.

Arkadia

I just heard from support about what I thought was a mistake, my receiving 20 ribbons, After completing the original questline we start again at 20 ribbons.

LOL I'm glad i'm not the only 1 thinking it was a bug needing to be fixed ! :D:D:D:oops:

well..... i still think it needs to be fixed, but at least i got the same confirmation from support..... it's not a bug :oops:o_O:confused:

:cool::elixir:

as for me, I'm done doing the quests :(

Last edited:

Arkadia

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the 'Daily Exclusive' supposed to be in 1 of the gift boxes at any given batch? at least that's what would make sense to me.
cause i just wanted to spend my left over ribbons, and none of gift boxes on the screen atm has the daily.... (needless to say most of them are junk too)

now....is this a bug? or again it's just another fail in this lovely event :oops: :rolleyes::confused:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the 'Daily Exclusive' supposed to be in 1 of the gift boxes at any given batch?
If you ever see that, you should screen cap it and include th4e image in a bug report. That said, the current daily is just antoher timer pack (4X8 hours) so you might be missing it.

edit: Now that I've checked, I don;t see 4x* hours either. the last thing presented says 8 hour booster, but there's no sign it is x4
1576844190110.png

Last edited:

Palavyn

Overall, the event is a bit worse than previous events. But it has some nice aspects. Here are my suggestions.

Quest format: This is great. I like the randomness of tasks. But I do NOT like the scout province and complete province options. These mess up players who are at a point that it takes a long time to scout out new provinces. Also, there should be an option to turn down tasks and move to the next one. Perhaps each player can do this one time daily; and/or there could be a side quest to receive a token that allows you to skip a task.

Prizes: The prizes are mediocre compared to previous events, and hopefully that is remedied by the next event. The new format shows promise but could seriously use some work. It would be nice if the present icons gave an indication of what prize would be given rather than it just being random dumb luck. It would be nice if there were some way to receive upgrade tokens for old event buildings. For example, I consider the fire phoenix to be overpowering. Thus, players that weren't there for that event are at a significant disadvantage. This can be remedied by giving everyone a path to upgrade tokens.

DeletedUser24458

It would be nice if there were some way to receive upgrade tokens for old event buildings. For example, I consider the fire phoenix to be overpowering. Thus, players that weren't there for that event are at a significant disadvantage. This can be remedied by giving everyone a path to upgrade tokens.

This would be a nice grand prize award

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I was laughing earlier because I got two bonus quests back to back that would melt the brains of everyone complaining about just buying 10 or 12 KP. I got Spend 30 KP followed directly by Buy 20 KP. So I bought that 50 KP total and kept going.

I hate it, thank you.
I really don't understand a need for repairing something that is not broken and giving us something broken and then failing in repairing it over and over again. After getting this last 3 days in a ROW OVER AND OVER AGAIN
1. Produce fresh Supplies for the local food market
2. Produce fresh Supplies to provide to the inhabitants of your city
3. Produce Supplies to retool your craftsmen and workers
4. Produce fresh Supplies for the local food market
5. Produce fresh Supplies to provide to the inhabitants of your city
6. Produce Supplies to retool your craftsmen and workers

And so on, I give up on all events till you properly repair your utterly ridiculous repairing of a not broken system with a completely broken one.