• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Winter Magic Event Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser4194
  • Start date

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Well the method the game uses is totally confusing. The requirements keep changing constantly. In the last 10 minutes it’s gone from : 1150/4500 to 1305/3600 to 1090/4500. As you can see the final credit is LOWER then the first, which means I lost production credit by collecting all my goods. It seems to be totally random . A few hours ago I got 30 production credit by collecting 30 steel from the merchant, but none from collecting steel from manufacturing...... nor credit from collecting anything else. It truly sucks.
Without knowing the specifics of your city and the quests invplved it's tough for other players to know wht's happening, but if it helps, some quests only count things from Factories of a high enough level. While others will count everything you produce in a building including collection from lower level factories and event buildings that give goods.

The customer service folks should be able to look at the logs when they get your ticket, and can see exactly what went wrong.

Hextapul IX

None of which I argued against. I simply answered the question of why I would want multiples of a building
They are not taking up a lot less space than a few higher-culture-value buildings and 15 or 20 more residences. I'm trading away coin production. 20 more residences would get me an additional 8.5 million coins a day.
Gold is the easiest resource in the game, due to neighborly help. I am currently level nine and have yet to go the route of totally replacing normal housing. But l do know that from a land footprint standpoint, my city will actually be better off stripping out all normal housing, replacing with my inventory buildings because l know l could gain all the gold l need from NH. It just would take more time. In fact, l never bother with NH except in my fellowship. My city is currently swimming in gold, which just gets dumped in the Wholesaler.

Hextapul IX

That said, we don't know exactly what Inno is trying to accomplish. If I didn't have them, I wouldn't buy more land. I spend my budget. If I can't have fun in the game within my budget, I would stop playing it. Higher chapters are pretty much impossible to do without event buildings or spending a lot. Elvenar is not hte kind of game where people spend a lot unless they want to.
Remember, you are just a single player in a big pool of players. Your preferences are only yours, but you cannot assume that those preferences are for everyone else in the pool. I would guess that there are a lot more players who pour a lot of money into this game. That is the norm for freemium games.

If people are buying diamonds to complete buildings faster, that is foolish. Same for finishing quests. But Inno needs that type of player for their bottom line. The game is geared towards that type of player, and mechanics will show that thinking is in play now. Simple economics....

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Remember, you are just a single player in a big pool of players. Your preferences are only yours, but you cannot assume that those preferences are for everyone else in the pool. I would guess that there are a lot more players who pour a lot of money into this game. That is the norm for freemium games.

If people are buying diamonds to complete buildings faster, that is foolish. Same for finishing quests. But Inno needs that type of player for their bottom line. The game is geared towards that type of player, and mechanics will show that thinking is in play now. Simple economics....
All of which is why I wrote we don't know what they are trying to accomplish. I

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
The main part about the winter quest that I don't like is the shuffle feature. A second thing is going down to 20 presents. Boo. Other than those two, I really don't have anything to complain about, but since I'm only in chapter 4 the leveled workshops don't really bother me. I'm sure they would if I were higher. Overall, I love it. Maybe I'm just too new to know how much better it was years ago, and I accept it as it is. I've been playing since mid-October. So far it's the best game I've ever played.

DeletedUser24571

Without knowing the specifics of your city and the quests invplved it's tough for other players to know wht's happening, but if it helps, some quests only count things from Factories of a high enough level. While others will count everything you produce in a building including collection from lower level factories and event buildings that give goods.

The customer service folks should be able to look at the logs when they get your ticket, and can see exactly what went wrong.

I’ve done several similar quests in Winter Magic before, and never noticed this type of problem before, it’s really frustrating.

DeletedUser2870

The system has everything to do with whether you are a paying customer. You said yourself Dhurrin, that even without spending cash, you should have a reasonable chance of completing a set, getting all artifacts, and getting as many daily buildings as you want. If you can do that WITHOUT paying cash, then why would you pay cash?

It is specifically set up as a Vegas style system to get players to drop cash to get more of the desired buildings, BECAUSE in the past, players could more easily get those buildings. That is the way Vegas works. Get customers to spend more money. They understand human nature and the way it operates. Players want it all...

Inno is a business. This current system is a business decision, nothing more.

Nope. They do NOT understand their playerbase. They think that because they now take away the chances for free players to do well more and more players will start paying. That is just wishful thinking, nothing more. What will happen is that they are upsetting their playerbase. The players who spent small amounts regularly will see it isn't going to be nearly enough. Sure, there will be some who will become big spenders, but it is much more likely that many will just say 'screw this' and not pay at all anymore. Some starting players will spend some and then make a choice on whether to keep doing that or not, but there won't be that many who will spend thousend of bucks a year. And as you said, for less it becomes less and less worthwhile.

And not only that, even players who do (or did) spend fair amounts are cutting back. In the first years I played on several severs in different countries and spent at least 2500 euros per year. Now, I've pretty much limited myself to 1 city and they can count themselves lucky if they get me to spend more than $100,- per year (I moved to the US). And the way this is going there really is no chance I'm going to pay more, least of all for slotmachine-crap or event currency for low chances on rewards that are at best so-so and often just crap.

Hextapul IX

Well, this argument is going in circles. You are free to think what you think and l am free to think what l think. The truth is once you get to a certain point, you end up spending most of your money on boosts and such, because land costs rise exponentially. Which l will never understand. Because lMO, if you have to dump thousands of euros into a game...your exact words btw, where you can accomplish pretty much the same thing for free, that strikes me aa a waste of money. Of course, you are free to spend your money any way you want....after all, it is your money.

But spending money on a game like this reduces the need to think strategically. Oh well...

Inno may be alienating their base by doing this. If they end up losing income, so be it and l would suspect they will correct their course. But everything in this past year has been moving towards this new dynamic. All they did from the last Quest to this was eliminate and tone down many of the really bothersome quests. And the lotto ticket format, which l already clearly explained why this is now in play. This dynamic will be in place for awhile, and will get the tweaks for the near future.

Accept it or not, it does not matter to me if you enjoy the game or not. Because l still can accept the game as it stands, and for me, that is all that matters. If not, l move on, not having spent thousands of dollars. That is a win for me.

Rocce Sqirl

When I began the winter event I was pleased to learn there would be no repeats of the same task, and through Quest #180 that was true. Technically in the Bonus quests it has been true also, but only as a technicality. In a sequence of seven quests, "Scout 1 province or Research 1 technology" came up FOUR times -- as the first, third, fifth and seventh quest in the sequence. This particular quest takes about two days to do -- the research side of it needs amounts of goods, mana or seeds that take at least that long to produce. And then to further the insult, the reward is only 20 ribbons when I had worked my way through 181 other quests to enable earning 50+ ribbons! In other words, it takes completion of FIVE quests to get what I had earned from TWO. This is just mean.
So, two suggestions:
1) There were 17 Bonus Quests. It should be set up so all 17 are done at least once before any one of them shows up a second time. And all 17 done a second time before a third round begins, etc.
2) The bonus quests should be worth more, probably at least a flat 50 so one bonus earns one swipe at the daily prize -- or whatever minimum number guarantees a swipe at the daily so there is little possibility a player is forced to see daily prizes go by with no chance at it.

DeletedUser24133

I am in the bonus quest of the Winter Event in one of my cities and the quest is produce 3 baskets of groceries with a WS from your current or previous three chapters. Im in chapter five. Will it not be able to do it?

DeletedUser4759

I personally dislike this event strongly. If the daily prizes had been at all attainable I would have tried for some of them, but the style of this event was entirely unenjoyable. I didn't bother to participate. please go back to the other style with the three chest choices that let us choose between focusing on grand or daily prizes or KP etc.

Also, I don't like the evolving buildings, sets are way more interesting to me. Regardless, this grand prize reward wasn't tempting at all stats wise.
I totally dislike this event. I find there is no value in the limited amount of ribbons for what the quests asks for and the prizes are crappy. This has to be their worst event yet. I also don't like the evolving buildings. I quit playing the event as I find it slow, frustrating and lacking in value. I've had way too many research or gain vapor quests. It seems like every 2nd quest is one of those. Glad its just about over hope it never returns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I am in the bonus quest of the Winter Event in one of my cities and the quest is produce 3 baskets of groceries with a WS from your current or previous three chapters. Im in chapter five. Will it not be able to do it?
You can always do it. If you are Elf, you need level 5 (or higher) workshops. If you are human, you need level 7 (or higher) workshops

DeletedUser24133

You can always do it. If you are Elf, you need level 5 (or higher) workshops. If you are human, you need level 7 (or higher) workshops
Awesome....Thanks so much. It is human and my WS are at level 14.

DeletedUser2870

Well, this argument is going in circles. You are free to think what you think and l am free to think what l think. The truth is once you get to a certain point, you end up spending most of your money on boosts and such, because land costs rise exponentially. Which l will never understand. Because lMO, if you have to dump thousands of euros into a game...your exact words btw, where you can accomplish pretty much the same thing for free, that strikes me aa a waste of money. Of course, you are free to spend your money any way you want....after all, it is your money.

But spending money on a game like this reduces the need to think strategically. Oh well...

Inno may be alienating their base by doing this. If they end up losing income, so be it and l would suspect they will correct their course. But everything in this past year has been moving towards this new dynamic. All they did from the last Quest to this was eliminate and tone down many of the really bothersome quests. And the lotto ticket format, which l already clearly explained why this is now in play. This dynamic will be in place for awhile, and will get the tweaks for the near future.

Accept it or not, it does not matter to me if you enjoy the game or not. Because l still can accept the game as it stands, and for me, that is all that matters. If not, l move on, not having spent thousands of dollars. That is a win for me.

Ok, you need to step back in time a bit. When I started the game was radically different, one had no free sources of diamonds, events were very rare and the prices were different.
And yes, I spent a lot, but I had accounts on servers in 5 different countries. Most of the diamonds I spent were on expansions (especially just before they increased the prices), upgraded builder, later upgraded MA when that got introduced and some premium buildings since at that time they were much better and there weren't as many events and thus not as many eventbuildings. Having something like 8 accounts plus some testcities and a beta account it's easy to spend about 200-300/account per year.

And your own words were that it becomes harder to progress without paying btw.

As for spending money on boosts, I disagree. Even though expansion costs rise drastically, space ultimately is the rarest resource. Even now I'm pretty much saving up diamonds from my wishing wells again until I can get a new premium expansion. Why would I spend them on boosts? What boosts? I'm not needing diamonds to craft anything, the eventbuildings I have pretty much outperform the premiumbuildings and can be upgraded with RR instants, so those are an absolute waste of diamonds. Now that I'm in a 10-chest FS I can upgrade my magical buildings with the blueprints.

But I also stated that I've pretty much STOPPED spending money. Not because I don't have it, but because of the game's direction and changes. I have a budget for games, and since Inno has pretty much made it clear by their actions they don't want it, I'm spending it on another company.

DeletedUser12171

These are the good places to spend diamonds

- premium expansions
- BH/MA
- magic res/WS (both buying and upgrading)

The only other things I spend diamonds on are Spire (which more or less balances itself out with its payout), events (not this one though) and unlocking tech (only when very close to completion and I can't wait for it). I don't see why spend diamonds on boosts and instances. You get loads of those from Spire and crafting and even events.

I say this as an endgame player

The Unbeliever

No - this event was simply ripped strait out of FoE, only with much crappier mechanics from the top down;
- terribad 'grand prize' building
- awful, randumb quest line
- even worse implementation of the presents mechanic. (namely due to the disconnect between quest rewards vs. cost per chest)

We will see this pile of trash only in the Winter event, otherwise we will probably be looking at the rest of our events going back the the more 'normal' system of the rotating chests, and (finger crossed!), we see the massively popular Archaeology/Halloween event mini game ported over here as well.

As for the main prizes front, again, look to FoE for hints...
New to this year's winter event is the introduction of the 'chain building'... ie: a standard evolving building (the Holiday Train), and then 3 new Train Cars that each add another bonus onto the 'main' building itself, provided these additional cars are all placed onto the end of the main Train.

Everything else from FoE's event buildings have made their way over here, so don't be shocked/surprised if/when we get this mechanic show up. :p

DeletedUser21049

My participation in events (current and future) ends with the next requirement to trade with the wholesaler... The wholesaler, not only is a huge ripoff, but is getting ridiculously expensive (ie Ripoff). I suggest removing it from future events. I can list other games that are just as entertaining that dont require me to empty my gold and supplies for 3 days just to satisfy 1 quest.

mephalia39

Stayed up all night using up all my timers etc. Opened 11 boxes.. no winter star. Going to sleep. Only have 2 ribbons left, but what do you want to bet, the next one would have been reshuffle lol, because somehow I avoided that as well and I usually get it. Rip :(

DeletedUser24133

A lot of different opinions
(good and bad) are being commented about this event. which is fine, everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Keep in mind the events are voluntary, if you dont like it you dont have to participate. With that in mind I personally didnt mind the event. It kind of forced me to advance my cities in ways. Two of my cities did better then the other two. But I just liked the challenge no matter how hard it was or what I was getting in return. We have about 75 hours left and I will be one to play to the end. But thats just my opinion.

NightshadeCS

My participation in events (current and future) ends with the next requirement to trade with the wholesaler... The wholesaler, not only is a huge ripoff, but is getting ridiculously expensive (ie Ripoff). I suggest removing it from future events. I can list other games that are just as entertaining that dont require me to empty my gold and supplies for 3 days just to satisfy 1 quest.
I did find this quest particularly irksome, since it is such a waste. I do routinely visit the wholesaler to offload extra supplies, though, so I could not be too upset. I ended up getting the same quest twice in one day. The cost of goods had risen to a point where I decided it was best to wait until the next day when they reset to complete it. That seems no worse to me than waiting a day for a production to finish, or waiting several days for a scout to finish.