• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvarian Carnival discussion

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
What I do not like about the evolving building is that it is a nerfed version of stonehenge. If I were to disenchant my stonehenge and recraft it at my current chapter I would get better benefits in all respects than by placing the Valentine's evolving building. I have not placed stonehenge and I will not be placing this one either.

Heh, I just used RRs to upgrade my level 10 Stonehenge from chapter 14 to chapter 15 and I am fine with it.

Deleted User - 3932582

LOL, just saw the latest daily prize on Beta (second to last day). It is - drumroll - another 1x8hr timeboost! Amazing! Can't wait to spin for it in case I won't spin enough on day 13. I certainly feel the love! /s

Pheryll

Set Designer
LOL, just saw the latest daily prize on Beta (second to last day). It is - drumroll - another 1x8hr timeboost! Amazing! Can't wait to spin for it in case I won't spin enough on day 13. I certainly feel the love! /s

And the next day is the dwarven float, so wishing wells do not appear a second time. Looks like I will be going after the 20% Portal Profits as nothing else is worth it.

Deleted User - 4366037

The main building gives seeds and mana, which, I've been informed by my Archmage I will need a lot more of than I think in the next couple chapters. So I want the building. And I am very upset that I probably will not get it evolved to 10. This will be the first time I had to buy candies twice and still feel like I will not be able to evolve my building fully. There's no way to save enough candies to make sure I get the buildings I really want in here either. I spent 200 candies to get the current seed producing building and did not get it. I'm not happy at all with the amount of candies we're getting or the fact that it is limited.
Unfortunately for me it just provides supplies, and I would need to invest a significant amount of royal restorations before the mana or seeds come in to play in future chapters. The values do not seem high enough to me to justify that cost.

Deleted User - 4366037

I still hope they will replace 1x8h with something else on live. So far, it looks like the worst lineup of event prizes in quite a while...
Normally I wouldn't expect anything here, but I do find it very odd that Inno has both 1x and 4x 8-hour boosts as separate daily prizes. You could not have a clearer comparison of unequal prizes. They cannot expect anyone to try for the 1x boosts when they have the option to push for 4x.. It is like a weird placeholder to make everyone to sit out on chests for those days, because even if someone is pushing for the grand prizes, there would be little point in doing so on those days compared to others. I do not understand the thinking there.

Tauriel Dragonwood

Finally, after a week of completing quests, I was able to win the Woodelven Float. It is quite beautiful but then again, anything elves create is a work of art.
The baby golems look soooooo cute. Wonder what the float the humans are working on will look like?

Woodelven Float.JPG

Tauriel Dragonwood

1. I just had what I think is a great idea! It seems that the designers are struggling to come up with a wide variety of new quests - so why not have a Competition with a Diamond Prize for the people who suggest the best new quests?
    Who knows - there might be some brilliant suggestions

2. There are two tests a good quest should pass, according to me:

i. Is it possible for the average player to do it, without having to destroy good buildings and rebuild them from scratch, or in any other way deviate from their normal pattern of play, or be forced to change the way their cities are constructed?
    If the quest passes this one, go to the next test.

ii. Are there any players who for various reasons cannot do the quest - or who for various reason would REALLY prefer not to do it (like being forced to overscout when you are trying to limit Map exploration, etc.)
    If there are players who would prefer not to do the quest, or who physically cannot - then there should be an alternative provided, to make the Event fair and accessible to everyone.
That's a great idea you have Jackluyt. I would not include random quests in events anymore and no more Buy Knowledge Points. It gets to be really costly the further you have advanced in the chapters.

DeletedUser24571

So why do we have to wait for 24 hours for the next candy quest to be available all the time??? If I’m stuck waiting for a quest that takes 24-48 hours of manufacturing, but then also have to wait 24 hours for a new quest to be available, then I’m totally going to miss the daily prize.
Then after I finally save up 161 candy for the larger chest, and all I get is a coin boost (which I definitely Don’t need), I’m rather disappointed!!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So why do we have to wait for 24 hours for the next candy quest to be available all the time??? If I’m stuck waiting for a quest that takes 24-48 hours of manufacturing, but then also have to wait 24 hours for a new quest to be available, then I’m totally going to miss the daily prize.
Then after I finally save up 161 candy for the larger chest, and all I get is a coin boost (which I definitely Don’t need), I’m rather disappointed!!

Because the second quest line is called the Daily Quest, which means you get a new one once a day.

DeletedUser20819

Wow, this event truly is raw untreated human waste. I'm trying to figure out a universe where somebody will find any of this enjoyable. The rewards are following the SAME TREND in that they're getting worse and worse every single event that comes. I'm finding it hard to find a reason to even spend time and effort on it because somehow earning gigantic sums of knowledge points at one time is somehow seen as "useful" or "very valuable" or in fact "useable" given that most people don't have places to shove knowledge other than ancients that I guess are seen as value? In fact all bashing kps does is speed us quicker and quicker to the end of the game.

Watching the game get worse and worse and events getting more and more pathetic is going to get to a point where I stop logging into this disappointing piece of crap and spend my time elsewhere. Not there yet...whoever made the decisions to make useless boxes and 25 maidens to cross to get A PIECE of the final reward...I hope you see this feedback because the value of this game is only going to shrink so much before I roll my eyes and leave.

NOTE. The LAST thing I would spend money on, especially seeing how disheartening this "reward" event exists as is diamonds. I wouldn't spend a dollar on this game given how it's gone so far downhill to nothingness. Are they going out of business? Is there a reason why they've made it damn near impossible to get the final and you have to cash to get it? It just seems weird that a sane person would see this as rewarding or fun.

A HINT TO ELVENAR> Working at doing quests is a cost to us. The quests are work. They're repetitive and in nowhere entertaining work. So we have work at the beginning. Then you have us rolling for pennies with the "reward candies" you've rained upon us. The chance of a time skip is impossible and the only thing I can see as far as ANYBODY who would take value from this is someone who has space in their city for the stupid floats and stuff. The hint part? Most of us don't like your stupid floats or pieces unless they provide more Culture than the last float you gave us. Honestly, most people don't or can't (due to space problems) CAN'T enjoy these pieces you make. My HINT to you use less time spent making "Floats" and maybe make your events enjoyable where people get a boost of energy from WINNING SOMETHING.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The Event is on the last day in Beta and I quite enjoyed it - though running out of quests was a bit of a let-down, compared to recent events that had endless lists.

One comment: All events past and present seem to end with a whimper, not a bang - and surely this is not how it should be?
The last day should be fun and full of surprises - but the designers seem to always give us a very ordinary Exclusive on the last day, and that is a bit of a let-down. More so this time, when we have been expecting a second chance to gain Wishing Wells, which has become the norm - but this time not to be.
:(

Why not have a Mystery Object on the last day?
Advertise it well in advance, but keep it very secret under wraps until the last minute so the hackers can't get at it. That would give one something to look forward to - and present the choice of whether or not to hold back candies for something that one might not need or want...
There is still not enough FUN in these events!
Adding a mystery spin from time to time and daily log-in mystery rewards would certainly make the events more interesting - at present they are (mostly) well designed - but rather boring...

A greater variety of quests would certainly help, not the same ones over and over - and it would I believe be a good idea to have a competition with Diamond prizes to see which quests players dream up - who knows there may be some good ideas!
:)

One of my players just posted this:
“I wish they would go back to the random unlimited quests. There is (almost) no way to get enough artifacts to get the building to 10 with the limited quests offered. The only thing that needed to be fixed with the random quests was to make them just a bit more random.”

84400293_10215916428244214_2771827105195884544_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

The quest to Solve 12 Encounters or Solve 60 Tournament Encounters is draining on our goods supplies and our troops. I’m up to the Woodelves chapter. Still can’t fight in the Very Hard provinces and I’m starting to notice how ridiculous the amounts for goods are getting when negotiating.

As soon as I tear down all the Orcs & Goblins farms and Portal Site, I will stop advancing on the tech tree and build only goods buildings, including the ones I don’t’ get a boost for because those goods are hard to come by when trading.

Even in Chapter 9, the Advanced Scouts are not decreasing the negotiation costs and enemy army sizes. In fact, the negotiation costs seem to be getting higher and higher, and the provinces are still Very Hard which means the enemy army sizes are too overwhelming to fight.

From what I see, I am convinced the goal of the game devs in Elvenar is to make it so expensive to build and negotiate that you are forced to spend diamonds or do what I am thinking of doing… QUIT this once enjoyable game.

Ridiculous Negotiating Costs.png

Deleted User - 3932582

I’m up to the Woodelves chapter. Still can’t fight in the Very Hard provinces and I’m starting to notice how ridiculous the amounts for goods are getting when negotiating.
You're in Woodelves, and you're negotiating ring 13 provinces? Looks like you've massively overscouted. No wonder that fighting or catering is hard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tauriel Dragonwood

You're in Woodelves, and you're negotiating ring 13 provinces? Looks like you've massively overscouted. No wonder that fighting or catering is hard.
Aye, 'tis true. When I started playing Elvenar, the game devs never warned us of overscouting. When they changed the battle system, that slowed me down but I had already gone too far.

Risen Malchiah

Even in Chapter 9, the Advanced Scouts are not decreasing the negotiation costs and enemy army sizes. In fact, the negotiation costs seem to be getting higher and higher, and the provinces are still Very Hard which means the enemy army sizes are too overwhelming to fight.
It may help to know that the Advanced Scouts tech at the beginning of each chapter only reduces the cost to scout *new* un-scouted provinces. The ones you have already opened up will not change and their negotiation costs & squad difficulties will not be adjusted.

I would hold off scouting any more provinces for a while (maybe a whole chapter) unless you're absolutely forced to do so for a quest. Over time, as you fill in some required Squad Size upgrades, the fighting in the very hard provinces should change to Hard or Medium. If you're able to resist scouting long enough, you'll eventually even get Easy provinces again, though it may take some time. (Of course, events will continue to ask for encounters & relics, but if you can the bulk of that through tournaments, you'll be better off.)

Daiman Rahl

Well I'm finished, now what.
Seems they could have had more quests so people could continue in this event.
Now I'm left with just the daily quests to do. I'm pretty sure I'll not have all the Evolutions to fully develop the Valentine Float. Seems continuing the quests would have resolved that problem.

Daiman Rahl

It may help to know that the Advanced Scouts tech at the beginning of each chapter only reduces the cost to scout *new* un-scouted provinces. The ones you have already opened up will not change and their negotiation costs & squad difficulties will not be adjusted.

I would hold off scouting any more provinces for a while (maybe a whole chapter) unless you're absolutely forced to do so for a quest. Over time, as you fill in some required Squad Size upgrades, the fighting in the very hard provinces should change to Hard or Medium. If you're able to resist scouting long enough, you'll eventually even get Easy provinces again, though it may take some time. (Of course, events will continue to ask for encounters & relics, but if you can the bulk of that through tournaments, you'll be better off.)
I'm in the same boat the enemies are too hard too fight as every time I go to scout another province a message pops up saying I should hold off. I'm working my way thru the dwarven chapter and I am already 9 provinces out on scouting. So I guess I should slow down as well?

Pheryll

Set Designer
Well I'm finished, now what.
Seems they could have had more quests so people could continue in this event.
Now I'm left with just the daily quests to do. I'm pretty sure I'll not have all the Evolutions to fully develop the Valentine Float. Seems continuing the quests would have resolved that problem.

But then where is the impetus to participate in the FA...

Daiman Rahl

But then where is the impetus to participate in the FA...
Quite true, but it seems the last event I was able to fully develop the Gingerbread house and I finished that one early as well. This one it seems everyone will be a few short of fully developing the float.
I understand the idea to get people to play the fellowship adventures but it just seems like a missed calculation if everyone is short!