• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feeding Panda Once Won't Give Bonus Goods

Tauriel Dragonwood

Just found out from Support that you have to feed the Panda twice to get the bonus goods or you can feed him once then another pet. Seems he's a very, very hungry bear. I don't understand why you can't just feed him once and get bonus goods. Pet food is expensive.

Tauriel Dragonwood

I must be doing something wrong because I've fed the Panda and another bear but I still don't see a goods bonus in the goods buildings. Does the bonus only activate when you collect from the bears? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Risen Malchiah

Yeah, the Panda effect is quite absurd. It requires you to feed an additional pet to get any benefit, so it always takes 2 or more pet food to get the panda's bonus goods which is just terrible. I've had players who only owned the Panda get very confused by it.

The Panda should really be changed to grant goods from its initial feeding.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
After you feed the Panda, each time you feed another pet, until the effect ends, you will get the tier 1 bonus goods at the same time you feed the other pets. There is nothing to collect, as it automatically goes to your total amount of those three goods.
I'm still a little confused. Do you get the percentage bonus for every tier one manufactory that you own and what it is currently producing (ie, 3 hour or 9 hour or whatever), or do you just get some tier one goods added to your total amount. If the latter, then what is the percentage based on? Hopefully not just one manufactory. (If that, then panda is too hungry to be worth anything.) I don't have my panda down yet because I'm not sure about this. Thanks in advance.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Darielle The amount of bonus goods you get from the Panda are shown at the bottom of the Panda screen. The higher your Panda is leveled, the more bonus goods you get. Mine is only a toddler, still playing with his toys. I only get around 4000 bonus goods.

Vergazi

I detected some slight confusion perhaps in one of the above posts. You can feed the panda and, i assume what someone said is correct, every time you feed another pet building you get the bonus goods. However, you can just feed the panda multiple times one after another and get the bonus goods for each pet food use. So you don't need any other pet buildings to get the goods.

edit: replaced word panda with pet building, which is what i meant to say.

Last edited:

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Vergazi You're correct. To get the bonus goods from the Panda, you can feed the Panda and another bear or feed the Panda multiple times, until he throws up. Euuu! I'm glad the game devs didn't create that animation.

Risen Malchiah

@Darielle The Panda feeding effect has nothing to do with factories. After activating the Panda, every use of pet food (either on another pet or by feeding the Panda again) instantly awards the bonus goods.

Darielle

After you feed the Panda, each time you feed another pet, until the effect ends, you will get the tier 1 bonus goods at the same time you feed the other pets. There is nothing to collect, as it automatically goes to your total amount of those three goods.
@Darielle The amount of bonus goods you get from the Panda are shown at the bottom of the Panda screen. The higher your Panda is leveled, the more bonus goods you get. Mine is only a toddler, still playing with his toys. I only get around 4000 bonus goods.
I detected some slight confusion perhaps in one of the above posts. You can feed the panda and, i assume what someone said is correct, every time you feed another pet building you get the bonus goods. However, you can just feed the panda multiple times one after another and get the bonus goods for each pet food use. So you don't need any other pet buildings to get the goods.

edit: replaced word panda with pet building, which is what i meant to say.
@Vergazi You're correct. To get the bonus goods from the Panda, you can feed the Panda and another bear or feed the Panda multiple times, until he throws up. Euuu! I'm glad the game devs didn't create that animation.
@Darielle The Panda feeding effect has nothing to do with factories. After activating the Panda, every use of pet food (either on another pet or by feeding the Panda again) instantly awards the bonus goods.
Thank you all; that helps a great deal. I don't think I'll even bother to put down my panda; sounds like it isn't really worth evolving. I think I'd rather evolve the other bears with the few artifacts I have.

Risen Malchiah

Indeed. If you only have a few artifacts to spare, I'd definitely go for the brown or polar bear instead.

Brown bear feeding effect lasts 12 hrs, but you can queue up a ton of troops before you collect them (even more if you use barracks + training grounds + merc camp). Feed the brown bear, then collect the troops and you have 12 hrs to maximize your troop production. (Just make sure you collect the troops before the timer runs out or you lose the benefits.) You can quickly replenish as many troops as you have supplies, windfalls & time boosters you care to spend on them.

Polar bear feeding effect lasts 5 days. Even an unevolved level 1 polar bear will shave a few hrs off the tournament cooldown allowing for a lot more flexibility. For anyone with a busy schedule, this lets you easily get 6 rounds in a tournament. For players with a high level Timewarp, it can potentially bring your cooldown to near zero.

By comparison, the panda feeding effect which requires feeding another pet (or feeding it twice) just to get some goods isn't so good. The only value might be if you happen to also have a brown bear, polar bear and fire phoenix that you're feeding all at once. In that case, you would feed the panda first, then get free goods from the other 3 feedings. But if you're rich enough to have all those other pets, you might not need the panda's goods anyway.

Tauriel Dragonwood

@Darielle Many in my fellowship have their Panda at level 8 and higher, and they get over 12K of goods. So maybe that furry critter is worth building, if you can level it up. I should have waited 'til he was a higher level and saved myself loads of time at the crafting table making pet food, but silly me, I plopped him down cause he's so cute to see.

Tauriel Dragonwood

(Just make sure you collect the troops before the timer runs out or you lose the benefits.)
I didn't know about this. That's not right. If you were given more troops, they shouldn't be taken from you. What do you think happens if you don't collect your troops waiting in the barracks after the timer runs out? I know. The bear gets hungry again and (gulp) eats them. Yiiiii! Free food!!

Risen Malchiah

@Tauriel Dragonwood It's a bonus given at the point of collection (as opposed to when queued up). This lets you queue up a ton before the brown bear is activated. Think of it like an MM or PoP spell where you let a 9hr production finish, place the spell, *then* collect. And the last cycle for MM or PoP spells have to be collected before the spell effect ends. So with pre-planning and a 12 hr actual effect duration, there's plenty of time to benefit.

Darielle

@Tauriel Dragonwood It's a bonus given at the point of collection (as opposed to when queued up). This lets you queue up a ton before the brown bear is activated. Think of it like an MM or PoP spell where you let a 9hr production finish, place the spell, *then* collect. And the last cycle for MM or PoP spells have to be collected before the spell effect ends. So with pre-planning and a 12 hr actual effect duration, there's plenty of time to benefit.
Yeah, from what you say I can see that brown bear and polar are more worth evolving, especially if you don't have enough artifacts to evolve all three.

Darielle

@Darielle Many in my fellowship have their Panda at level 8 and higher, and they get over 12K of goods. So maybe that furry critter is worth building, if you can level it up. I should have waited 'til he was a higher level and saved myself loads of time at the crafting table making pet food, but silly me, I plopped him down cause he's so cute to see.
That's a lot of goods but I could never get that far, particularly since I acquired him during the Autumn Harvest event when I was brand new. I started playing I think October 10th and got him a few days later ... so a level one. It would take too many RRs to get that far, at least for me.

Vergazi

I still say we need a way to craft pet food to make them really useful. even if it's expensive to craft, at least you could get them when you need them instead of the long dry spells in the recipe rotation that happen to me frequently

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not that this relates at all to the OP, but personally, I have no sympathy for the claim that there isn't enough pet food. If we don't have enough, we're using too much. I average about 75 on hand, and don't even craft every one I see. Like any other expendable asset, people need to learn to live within their means.

Tauriel Dragonwood

The majority of players say the Brown Bear is the best but is it a waste of time feeding him if you have not unlocked the additional units he's gives you. In my new city I'm up to Chapter V. The pic below shows he will give me 29 Vallorian Guards, 43 frogs and 86 I think Orc Warriors. I have not unlocked any of those creatures yet but the small amount he gives me do show up in battle. Once I unlock them, then I'll be getting more.

Brown Bear Productions.JPG

Last edited: