• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

An "Active City" tag for "Recruiting Purposes"

Tajj

I'm sure that the game is designed to tell who is active and who is not. There must be a time limit within the game that we don't see but alerts the game that this player has gone inactive. We really don't need to know the players last login date, only if they are still active. You have to admit, there are so many inactive cities and we tend to send invites to them, a lot! Just having a small tag in the score grid of players would really help to pick up those new players and maybe help them find a FS. It may be the key to keeping players active, to help them out with questions when they are new to the game. I didn't realize how important a FS was when I started and waited a while before joining a FS, what a difference it made! :) Just a little tip on who is playing would be so great!

Lyinaral

I think the ideal is good, especially when you are trying to find new members for your FS. When I started, I didn't know much about the game, so joined a FS to get help, but got into a FS that didn't help their members, I was ready to quit, then I lucked out & got invited into a good FS, that helped their new members. So knowing who is active would help a lot & maybe keep a lot of players from just leaving the game because they weren't able to get help.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I like the idea; it would help players a great deal. I fear the devs won't do it because they'll be afraid of turning people off the game with so many "inactive" tags. At the very least, they should stop animation in cities that are not active, so that you could see the subtle difference and be able to determine status. That would be practically invisible to newbies but really help those who know to look.

NightshadeCS

I like the idea; it would help players a great deal. I fear the devs won't do it because they'll be afraid of turning people off the game with so many "inactive" tags. At the very least, they should stop animation in cities that are not active, so that you could see the subtle difference and be able to determine status. That would be practically invisible to newbies but really help those who know to look.
Animations are not a function of the city you are visiting, but of what your graphics setting is. If I turn my city graphics to low, I will not see animations in my or any other city.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Animations are not a function of the city you are visiting, but of what your graphics setting is. If I turn my city graphics to low, I will not see animations in my or any other city.
Learn something new every day! Thanks!

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
With the upcoming change floating on beta about properly aligning active members into the same "town" in a sense, this may be an idea to revisit upon that feature. I think it is important to see how that feature changes the way cities are placed/grouped.

Xelenia

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
As Xelenia mentioned, we need to see what the landscape is going to look like a couple of months after the changes to how inactive cities are handled. That should solve quite a few issues. It might not be as much benefit for recruiting as we'd like, but changes before it gets dealt with might be wasteful.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Here is a question about the moving/archiving/whatever of inactive players. Will these cities still show on the overall player ranking list in-game? If they still show there, it will still mess with recruiting for anyone who does not check elvenstats.

And a second question. What will happen to the fellowship of an AM who gets archived? Will those be auto-disbanded on archiving?