• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

[Archived 4/2020] News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
You weren't kidding about regular goods requirements. Next expansion from research would cost more than 2mm of T1 (+coins and supplies). Yep, just a single research. The second one is even more expensive. Single techs also may require more than 600K total in sentients combined. And unlike the last time when one could focus on T6 exclusively, this time around they usually require all 3 sentients on each research.

People who thought chapter 15 was a grind won't want to look at chapter 16 as it is currently implemented. It is significantly worse. You can start with the fact that it needs almost exactly two times as much KP to complete vs chapter 15 (single techs go up to 260 KPs). Then you can contemplate how long would it take for you to produce 2mm of T1 for a single tech ;)

One of the things I learned is that some chapters are a much bigger burden for veterans than for newbies.

For example: The orc chapter to me is still a nightmare, but when speaking to many players who entered much later they find it quite ok.
The main difference is that when the Orc and Goblin chapter cape out, we were waiting for so long that we completly filled up our cities.
So the amount of space we needed wat a huge shock to us, while modern players just have the space.

So it could be that for players who were never stuck in the reseach tree the new chapter won't be as bad as we feel about it.
And for vets 2m T1 is peanuts.
Many many many players have huge stockpiles especially those who do not play the tournaments as they keep producing and have no place to waste it at.

I make a lot and spend a lot and still have 60m T1 in stock, I know plenty of people who hate tournaments with 150-300m T1 in stock. they have no clue what to do with it.

Deleted User - 3932582

Well, as one of these more modern players, I can tell you that when I finished chapter 15 I had less than 4mm of T1 and T3, and about 2mm of T2. That's with playing chapters back to back, with no downtime waiting for new chapters. People I know in the similar situation often would drain some goods down to almost zero on regular basis.

I stocked up a bit since that time in the end game, but if I would be looking at starting chapter 16 right away that would be my stash I'd be looking at. That's with practically no tournament catering in later chapters.

This new chapter requires about 10mm/7mm/5mm T1/T2/T3 (as is) just for straight up research (no upgrades/catering/intermediate production/sentient input). So indeed that won't be an issue for people who spent a while accumulating goods in between chapters. For new arrivals though these amounts will take quite a while to get. Especially people running lean manufactoring (e.g. 0-1 regular manus per tier).

Vergazi

If KP requirements for each tech is going to roughly double as someone said a few posts back, where are all the KPs going to come from? The only answer I can come up with that makes sense is if Ancient Knowledge KP Instants were to be changed to be able to add their KPs to tech research or for a new kind of KP Instant to be created.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If KP requirements for each tech is going to roughly double as someone said a few posts back, where are all the KPs going to come from? The only answer I can come up with that makes sense is if Ancient Knowledge KP Instants were to be changed to be able to add their KPs to tech research or for a new kind of KP Instant to be created.

Or you get them every week from the tournament. I do not get the types of numbers others do, but some people here talk about getting hundreds of KP every week from the tournament. So easily enough every week for a research or two. And even if a research requires 240 KP, for example, that is still only 10 days of our normal hourly KP accumulation. Inno wants players to slow down and not finish so fast they are sitting around for months in between chapters. It has only been five months since we got chapter 15 and a bunch of players are done with it, even with the high costs of sentient goods for the research. So now we get the higher goods cost and an increased KP cost in an effort to make those of us waiting for chapter 16 to take longer to finish it.

DeletedUser7791

It is probably healthy for those of us at the end to have to balance limitations for a while again. That is pretty much the challenge of the game. That and finding new things to grumble about, and new ways to get around them.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Inno wants players to slow down and not finish so fast they are sitting around for months in between chapters.

People always say this, but that is is kind of a silly strategy if that is the plan. Basing a whole chapter on people at the end of the game and not on the majority of people behind them is just not intelligent. No doubt they are trying to ramp up the challenge, but mass qty's is boring, rather than interesting mechanics.

Deleted User - 4565442

I've seen 49kk gold 4.9kk supplies 800k planks 660k scrolls and 660k silk for one of the upgrade technologies of the main hall.

New wonders are called "spire library" and "tournament arena".

Living (sentient) goods are between 125-250k per one in technologies, often appearing in groups of 3 different goods of 3 different tiers, like 250k moonstone/225k ink/190k bismute.

Deleted User - 3932582

If KP requirements for each tech is going to roughly double as someone said a few posts back, where are all the KPs going to come from?
From spending more time in the chapter ;) I don't think there are any current plans to add any additional major KP sources.

I've seen 49kk gold 4.9kk supplies 800k planks 660k scrolls and 660k silk for one of the upgrade technologies of the main hall.
That's not a main hall upgrade, this is the second expansion. It's slightly better as it is an optional one and doesn't block anything. As it doesn't need any guest race resources you can slog through it after the rest of the chapter is done.

But there are plenty of requirements on a front end. The first 3 techs (portal + 2 guest race producers) need about 4mm of regular goods combined.

Deleted User - 3932582

Good thing we have teleport spells now. We'll likely need to actively swap normal factories and sentient factories as we go.
Possibly. This is not as big an issue with regular goods as there is no cap and no expiration, so it's just a question of grinding it out. Sentient requirements are tougher this way, but we are already somewhat familiar with this setup from chapter 15.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Even though tomorrow (Thursday) is the two-week mark from when the Phoenix event started on Beta, I am thinking we may not get it til Monday, since we normally get an announcement or a loading screen or change in the city a couple of days before an event starts.

mikeledo

Thank you guys for the sneak peek at chapter 16. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. I know now what I must do to prepare for chapter 16 (same as 15 basically) yet you will hear folks say it is too hard or too long (not my gf). Casual players without skin in the game will squeal.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

Thanks this gave a good oversight, I had not started at it yet since it's not live on beta yet.
I am totally shocked by the required orks, I am running 12 armories 24/7 and a lvl 30 hero's forge and I still only have like 700k on stock.
I really hope they improve the amount of orks produced in armouries a lot in the next chapter.

7000 KP thats 8 weeks or so ;)

I wonder if the next chapter will arrive a year after the new one is released. looking at the requirments it does not look like it will be much faster than that.
It took most people 4-6 months to finish the Elvenar chapter this one might take most normal players 6-10 months, so a new chapter in 6 months doesn't make sense.

Deleted User - 3932582

I am totally shocked by the required orks, I am running 12 armories 24/7 and a lvl 30 hero's forge and I still only have like 700k on stock.
You're going to be fine ;) If you drop all the needed Portal Profits (as I can imagine most end-game people would to minimize the pain), you'd likely need less than 1mm of orcs total (and not all at the same time), so you're almost there.

But it's likely not a production issue for you - you're probably spending too much. Tons of Orc Strategists and/or AW upgrades perhaps? I literally have 1/3rd of your production (3 armories + 5 nests + L11 HF), and my daily output is about 13K orcs. This should be enough for me to get the needed amounts in about 2 months if I don't spend much. Which I am trying to do - my military upgrades are done, I almost never cater Spire or Tournament encounters that need orcs, and I don't produce Orc Strategists in the Training Grounds. I'll likely need to pay for a couple of AW upgrades that need orcs, but apart from that I am strictly stockpiling now. You may not have enough strategists from GotOS buildings alone for your tournament runs, but then again you have much higher production and already a much bigger stockpile. It should be easy to save just a bit more, especially considering that the chapter is nowhere close to going live yet.

I really hope they improve the amount of orks produced in armouries a lot in the next chapter.
Not in the cards at the moment - L37 armory would do 1600 orcs vs current 1400 at L35. So nothing similar to workshop boost in Elvenar chapter.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
You're going to be fine ;) If you drop all the needed Portal Profits (as I can imagine most end-game people would to minimize the pain), you'd likely need less than 1mm of orcs total (and not all at the same time), so you're almost there.

But it's likely not a production issue for you - you're probably spending too much. Tons of Orc Strategists and/or AW upgrades perhaps? I literally have 1/3rd of your production (3 armories + 5 nests + L11 HF), and my daily output is about 13K orcs. This should be enough for me to get the needed amounts in about 2 months if I don't spend much. Which I am trying to do - my military upgrades are done, I almost never cater Spire or Tournament encounters that need orcs, and I don't produce Orc Strategists in the Training Grounds. I'll likely need to pay for a couple of AW upgrades that need orcs, but apart from that I am strictly stockpiling now. You may not have enough strategists from GotOS buildings alone for your tournament runs, but then again you have much higher production and already a much bigger stockpile. It should be easy to save just a bit more, especially considering that the chapter is nowhere close to going live yet.

Not in the cards at the moment - L37 armory would do 1600 orcs vs current 1400 at L35. So nothing similar to workshop boost in Elvenar chapter.
short answer, spire , 8k orks per selection :eek:

Deleted User - 3932582

short answer, spire , 8k orks per selection :eek:
Which encounter though? Mine go from 1K up to 4K at the last boss. But as I mentioned, I catered very few orcs in the Spire in the last months - I just fight those encounters even if they look sketchier than I would like. Orc conservation mode ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.