• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Closed | Archived Chapter 14 Magic bldgs remain locked even after completing the initial tech

DeletedUser22644

Game version: __ v1.102.3-(c8ba8e6) (2020-04-16 11:49)
Game world: __Arendyll
Browser + version: __ Chrome Version 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Flash Player version: __N/A
Operating System: __Win 10
Screen resolution: __1920x1080
Account name: __Ed1960
Humans or Elves: __Elves

Reproducibility: _5_/5

Quest title: __ NA

Current situation:
I have completed the 'Port of the Central Island' tech and entered Chapter 14. I am unable to update my magic residence with my blueprint or with Diamonds and it it still showing "Research". As of game update 1.100 the Magic buildings should be able to update upon completing the first research. When this was applied to chapter 13 & 15 it should have been applied to chapter 14 additionally
__

Expected situation:
Magic Residences should unlock once the first research is finished, as is the norm for prior and future chapters.

Last edited by a moderator:

AtaguS

My Magic Residences upgraded as soon as I unlocked the general residence upgrade in the tech tree.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
My Magic Residences upgraded as soon as I unlocked the general residence upgrade in the tech tree.

What he is saying is that chapter 14 is now the only chapter that is limited like that. Recently, chapters 13 and 15 were adjusted from first residence research to advanced scouts, or equivalent research, to match the other chapters. But the devs did not adjust chapter 14 the same way, so now that needs to be fixed too, in order to be the same as all other chapters.

AtaguS

What he is saying is that chapter 14 is now the only chapter that is limited like that. Recently, chapters 13 and 15 were adjusted from first residence research to advanced scouts, or equivalent research, to match the other chapters. But the devs did not adjust chapter 14 the same way, so now that needs to be fixed too, in order to be the same as all other chapters.
I guess, if it was unintentional on Inno's part. I'm just not sure it was.

Pheryll

Set Designer
I guess, if it was unintentional on Inno's part. I'm just not sure it was.

The thing is, now it seems odd to have only one chapter requiring the first residence/workshop technology instead of the first technology. Previously the Amuni chapter set this pattern and all chapters after it were to follow suit. Now the Construct chapter does it alone, not even chapter 16 waits for the residence/workshop technology.

Also I think one of the reasons to streamline the process was because of the spire. If free players can get a magic workshop/residence of their chapter before researching the first residence/workshop technology, then that sort of defeats the purpose of making paying players wait.