• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ridiculous FA

Stefaniarosa

FA is becoming boring... For 3 rewards at the end of each stage for all the work the whole group has to do. Hours of production, the amount of producing for 1 craft, the wait for producing an item. I think it's all too much, then at the end you get 3 rewards, only one good one. Then on the 3rd stage, with, let's say 25 members each with 10 WS, trying to produce in one path 40 BS of 24 hrs production. It's absolutely ridiculous, to the point that you'll lose interest because you know the 2 days left will not be enough to do all that. I love this game, really like it & my fellowship is awesome. But these FA was made badly, elvenar is being greedy. If you love your loyal customers as we love the game & we spend for it to make it better for us. The least you can do is make it fun for us. Not too difficult to achieve, specially when a fellowship is low ranked like my other city. With my new fellowship, we're all low ranking, We cannot even get passed the first stage, came to the point we stopped because it was useless for us to keep going. Specially when only 4 members has the ancient wonder button, so just doing the wonder badge was so hard for the 4. As I said I love the game, so please make it more fun, too challenging that it's no longer fun. You shouldn't call it an FA because it doesn't feel like an adventure anymore, but a difficult slow dragging task, And the rewards are so lame :-(

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
For newer players I agree the FA has huge requirements for little gain. But as you grow, you'll find it less burdensome. We play it for the camaraderie and for the finishing prize. If we stay in 11th-19th place, we'll win a black lotus, which is good. We're currently in 14th place. I agree it's hard to maintain, and the prizes do suck, but it's still fun for me.

Stefaniarosa

For newer players I agree the FA has huge requirements for little gain. But as you grow, you'll find it less burdensome. We play it for the camaraderie and for the finishing prize. If we stay in 11th-19th place, we'll win a black lotus, which is good. We're currently in 14th place. I agree it's hard to maintain, and the prizes do suck, but it's still fun for me.

It was fun at first, my higher ranking fellowship went through the first stage in a few hours. The 2nd stage took longer because we needed the points to finish. We're actually on the 3rd stage but encountered the 40 BSB, so can you imagine how long that will take us to finish one path with 2 days left? So it became like a slow dragging adventure. Now none of us are even having much conversations because all are trying so hard to do not only the blacksmith but the others that are needed. So for me it got boring. oh and this is just me, putting in a thread for discussion coz I'm frustrated about it.

Darielle

It was fun at first, my higher ranking fellowship went through the first stage in a few hours. The 2nd stage took longer because we needed the points to finish. We're actually on the 3rd stage but encountered the 40 BSB, so can you imagine how long that will take us to finish one path with 2 days left? So it became like a slow dragging adventure. Now none of us are even having much conversations because all are trying so hard to do not only the blacksmith but the others that are needed. So for me it got boring. oh and this is just me, putting in a thread for discussion coz I'm frustrated about it.
You have to admit, it's less frustrating than the pit. Staying up all night to try to hold onto score is not my idea of fun. Okay, so I didn't stay up all night, but coming on at 5am is close to the same thing, lol.

qaccy

Now none of us are even having much conversations because all are trying so hard to do not only the blacksmith but the others that are needed.

I don't see why doing this means the 'conversations' have stopped. It's just clicking a button, after all. Arguably making BS badges is even easier than the others because you're not clicking as often for them.

Anyway, I look at FAs now as rewarding those who are able to complete it. Not necessarily letting everyone complete it for rewards. A lot of stuff in Elvenar is like this, actually. Having to actually work for what you get, rather than having 'participation trophies' that you get just for showing up like other games tend to do.

AtaguS

I love this game, really like it & my fellowship is awesome. But these FA was made badly

-The FA is a team building event, yes. And for that reason is it a great element in the game. Yet it lacks some in-game tools to support fss as they work as a team to come together.
-For example, a window in the FA arena screen showing a full fellowship badge count would be fantastic.

-A team building event where up to 25 players have varying playing schedules, are at different phases of their tech trees, have varying play styles and city capablities and varying levels of interest in competing or joining in...becomes more of an exercise of organizing and communication for a few players, a time/space drain for others, while hopefully the majority of others have a good time and want to do it again.

-The rewards are, whether you love the FA or not, not terribly exciting for a lot of players while seemingly good enough for others.

All that adds up to a certain % of players who will be disappointed or lack enthusiasm for the FA overall. It's a shame, because once again, a team building event is a great element in a game like this.

I do like that succeeding (defined as meeting whatever goals your fs decides on, let's say) requires a lot of moving pieces to fit together snuggly and that it is a real challenge. But all that does is put me in a certain %. It's fine to say not every part of the game has to please every player....but in a part of the game specifically designed to bring players together to achieve the goal...it wouldn't hurt if it were tweeked to maximize the % of players who loved it, AND....better rewards is one way to get this done. A few more in-game tools would be another. There is always room for improvement and nothing wrong with pointing that out.

Alpha Lyrae

We're actually on the 3rd stage but encountered the 40 BSB, so can you imagine how long that will take us to finish one path with 2 days left?

Every FA, at least one player shares all of the badges required for every path of all 3 stages. So, the badge requirements are known up front if you know where to look. Sounds like your fellowship could use a little more planning. Luckily, it's all here in the forum for your use! Check out this post and keep an eye out before future FAs. @Jackluyt very generously provides this information before every FA and even includes a spreadsheet that your FS can utilize to make the best of your time. I hope it helps!

Edit: In my FS, we decide on the paths we want to take before the FA begins. Then, we start the longest, 2-day productions required to meet all three stages and work on the rest from there.

Stefaniarosa

I don't see why doing this means the 'conversations' have stopped. It's just clicking a button, after all. Arguably making BS badges is even easier than the others because you're not clicking as often for them.

Anyway, I look at FAs now as rewarding those who are able to complete it. Not necessarily letting everyone complete it for rewards. A lot of stuff in Elvenar is like this, actually. Having to actually work for what you get, rather than having 'participation trophies' that you get just for showing up like other games tend to do.
No sorry, not literally. But the majority would leave the game because they are doing 9-24 hrs production.

Stefaniarosa

Every FA, at least one player shares all of the badges required for every path of all 3 stages. So, the badge requirements are known up front if you know where to look. Sounds like your fellowship could use a little more planning. Luckily, it's all here in the forum for your use! Check out this post and keep an eye out before future FAs. @Jackluyt very generously provides this information before every FA and even includes a spreadsheet that your FS can utilize to make the best of your time. I hope it helps!

Edit: In my FS, we decide on the paths we want to take before the FA begins. Then, we start the longest, 2-day productions required to meet all three stages and work on the rest from there.
Our archmage & mage are very good on that & we do plan & group chat, even before the FA. Group messages on the path & productions we need to do. What I'm pointing at, is the amount & hours of production needed on the last stage. Which are 9-24hrs production. So I feel like, as I said a slow dragging task. And this is not my fellowships opinion but mine alone, though a lot agrees with me out of fustration. I'm still one of the low ranking in my group, score of 14k+. Only been playing for almost 3 months. We are a very active fellowship & established friendship with one another.

DeletedUser25004

I understand your frustration @Stefaniarosa in almost any other game, playing for 3 months mean youre an expert and potentially got all the best things the game has to offer. but here in elvenar 3 months means very little as you point out. I took the liberty to look into your fellowship. and while i think it is possible for you to make it, i think you might need some changes in the fellowship.
Elvenstats shows that 5 of your menbers appears to be inactive (check it out here: https://www.elvenstats.com/fellowship/us3/26213 ) inactive members is the first obstacle in the Fellowship adventure(FA) because the event is designed to be a challenge for full 25man groups. So naturally your group of seemingly 12 active players will by design have it rough. So get rid of the inactive members and recruit some new active ones. An idea can be to find a Fellowship of similar size to merge with.
Next have patience and save all the teleport spells you can for felloship adventures. the teleports allow you to save buildings for later while freeing space for level1 farms. I scouted your fellowship cities, and did only find very small level1 farms. Remember that the FA is also made to challenge bigger players, so naturally smaller players need to work harder.

I find it unlikely that the FA of the future will become easier, but you can allways become better as a fellowship to deal with it.

Stefaniarosa

I understand your frustration @Stefaniarosa in almost any other game, playing for 3 months mean youre an expert and potentially got all the best things the game has to offer. but here in elvenar 3 months means very little as you point out. I took the liberty to look into your fellowship. and while i think it is possible for you to make it, i think you might need some changes in the fellowship.
Elvenstats shows that 5 of your menbers appears to be inactive (check it out here: https://www.elvenstats.com/fellowship/us3/26213 ) inactive members is the first obstacle in the Fellowship adventure(FA) because the event is designed to be a challenge for full 25man groups. So naturally your group of seemingly 12 active players will by design have it rough. So get rid of the inactive members and recruit some new active ones. An idea can be to find a Fellowship of similar size to merge with.
Next have patience and save all the teleport spells you can for felloship adventures. the teleports allow you to save buildings for later while freeing space for level1 farms. I scouted your fellowship cities, and did only find very small level1 farms. Remember that the FA is also made to challenge bigger players, so naturally smaller players need to work harder.

I find it unlikely that the FA of the future will become easier, but you can allways become better as a fellowship to deal with it.

Yes you are right. And to be honest with you, I'm one player that doesn't spend real money for my game. I am 7th in my fellowship & I got where I am with what resources I have & with my fellow's help. There's 5 members in our fellowship that has been there since the start, we have 3 new members that has leveled up very quickly. But basically there's only about 12 of us that are very active & us 12 became real good friends. Our archmage updates our ranking every week & kicks out the inactives. We need more active players. Hoping we will find people who are. Maybe then it will be easier for us on FAs like this.

Darielle

Our archmage & mage are very good on that & we do plan & group chat, even before the FA. Group messages on the path & productions we need to do. What I'm pointing at, is the amount & hours of production needed on the last stage. Which are 9-24hrs production. So I feel like, as I said a slow dragging task. And this is not my fellowships opinion but mine alone, though a lot agrees with me out of fustration. I'm still one of the low ranking in my group, score of 14k+. Only been playing for almost 3 months. We are a very active fellowship & established friendship with one another.
We finished all but four of the points on the third map yesterday (we skipped over the last two on yellow and the last two on green) and then entered the pit yesterday afternoon. We're currently in 15th place. The third map is tough, no doubt about it, but doable, We could have stayed on the map and finished those four. We had a vote from the players, and the ones who wanted the pit outnumbered those who wished to stay. It's likely they wanted to get that last coldfire artifact in time to craft it into a phoenix artifact. In any case, it may be hard but it's not impossible. I've been playing for almost 7 months, so I suppose I have more land for extra workshops/sets, that's true, but I'm by no means a high level player. Yet in my fellowship, I rank 9 out of 22 players. So a lot are newer than I am. Still, I do get your points ... the FA does need an update.

SimplyNoble

IDK I am having a blast. The teamwork and organization we have going on and the activity in chat makes the FA really a lot of fun. No one as far as I know in our FS has spent diamonds on the FA and we are in 1st place....

I think it just takes great leadership and a group of people who like to work together to achieve a goal.

Darielle

IDK I am having a blast. The teamwork and organization we have going on and the activity in chat makes the FA really a lot of fun. No one as far as I know in our FS has spent diamonds on the FA and we are in 1st place....

I think it just takes great leadership and a group of people who like to work together to achieve a goal.
That's awesome! I don't think any of us spent diamonds in Thornwood either, and we finished in 12th place. We have some great players who practically live on Elvenar, so that certainly helps.

khanhia

I think if you play the FA for the end reward you will not like it as the rewards does not match the efforts. For us we accept that and the only reason for the FA, is the 1st place honors.. We have been in 1st place for the last 8 FA.. and with many top FS challenging our position we remain on top each FA. We plan, coordinate, plan some more and then play nothing but the FA for that week,
We transform all the cities so we can focus on the FA, Spire and Tourney for that week... Its only one week.
Good luck ( we love the FA)

Darielle

ARE YOU SAYING YOU DONT LIVE IN ELVENAR .... ! is that even possible ! ....!? @Darielle ;) haha
My sons say I do ... particularly when they want their dinner. Of course, they're big enough to cook themselves, so they don't grumble too much because they know I'd tell them that, lol. I have to admit I've been 1/2 hour late every day of the FA. I think they're more glad than I am that it's over. :p

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I had to laugh at my crew
We had a big discussion a week before the FA and EVERYbody agreed we just weren't that into it this time.
With an event just ending and real life intruding, we just decided to take a break, relax, just finish every stage but not work too hard.

We ended up top ten despite ourselves. Granted we are usually top five, but we just couldn't totally lay back.