• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Tournament Advice

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
You will always find results like this and there is nothing wrong with this result.
But you should look to the average results from a large set of results, a single result doesn't tell the story,

This for example is the reason I rarily used cerberus untill the release of the elementals chapter(victory springs wonder), while cerberus was the clear better unit, it's production rate was so slow compared to sworddancer than I used those as main units, cerberus was only used where the sworddancers where unable to pull it off.

because of this our scores in scrolls tournament where much extremely more limited then today.

In the old, old, old days you could win a tournaments 1st place with only 14 provinces, in today's world, with today's production, units expansion en boosters and tournament rules that sounds like a bad joke.

My results above are pretty typical when I compare my fights with blossom. Granted, I don't have a huge number of fights to look at; perhaps 25. But on those it's pretty consistent. (and I understand the unfairness of comparing blossom 1 to sorceress 3).

I was surprised when you said that cerberus takes longer than sword acrobat. My cerberus 2 two takes 6 minutes less per squad, which I can finish in 1:10 as opposed to sword acrobat at 1:16 for the same amount of units. I realize that I'm talking level 2 and 3 and you can't compare, but when I want to train very fast troops ... as in an event or for Elvarian Guard badges, I always go for cerberus as the fastest I've got.

I think it all boils down to people at different levels will view this game differently, and Inno makes the game slightly different depending upon your level. A member of my team says she can't cater the spire, because it would cost too many sentient goods. For me, I have no such limitation, so I love to cater and rarely fight, seeing has how my troops are no match on anything except the first floor. Different strokes for different folks. :)

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
My results above are pretty typical when I compare my fights with blossom. Granted, I don't have a huge number of fights to look at; perhaps 25. But on those it's pretty consistent. (and I understand the unfairness of comparing blossom 1 to sorceress 3).

I was surprised when you said that cerberus takes longer than sword acrobat. My cerberus 2 two takes 6 minutes less per squad, which I can finish in 1:10 as opposed to sword acrobat at 1:16 for the same amount of units. I realize that I'm talking level 2 and 3 and you can't compare, but when I want to train very fast troops ... as in an event or for Elvarian Guard badges, I always go for cerberus as the fastest I've got.

I think it all boils down to people at different levels will view this game differently, and Inno makes the game slightly different depending upon your level. A member of my team says she can't cater the spire, because it would cost too many sentient goods. For me, I have no such limitation, so I love to cater and rarely fight, seeing has how my troops are no match on anything except the first floor. Different strokes for different folks. :)

It depends on your needles, a wonder I started to focus my recources on the moment it was released in game.
since training grounds did not get a wonder untill years was severly hampered compared to my barracks.

So yeah it totally depends on your setup. when no wonders are involved they pretty much comparable.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Darielle
I'm guessing you're at *that spot* in military development where I also leaned towards Sorceress due to the squishy nature of the Blossom at 1 star as well as training times (that are dependent on training size and military bldg training speeds, not on troop star lvls: it would take the same amount of time to train a 2 star Cerebus as to train a 1 star Banshee in the Training Grounds for example).
I encourage you to play around with it some, though. I'd be interested in seeing results from a similar fight if you used 3 Sorceresses/2 Blossoms. At that point in the game where training times on Blossoms were long, I'd train a couple overnight to get my training queue long enough to not be idle and keep training something 24/7. Then, I'd throw a couple Blossoms in with the Sorceresses to save those stronger mages for the more difficult fights. The Blossom's range and initiative means the enemy troops target her first over Sorceress whenever they can as well, but she gets to strike first and many times can do so without moving into range of the enemy troops. Still, the cannoneer is going to hit her unless taken out in that first strike.

Darielle

@Darielle
At that point in the game where training times on Blossoms were long, I'd train a couple overnight to get my training queue long enough to not be idle and keep training something 24/7.

That's a good idea. I have a level 19 barracks and 3 level 19 armories (plus an extra level 15). My needles is only at level 2 and my martial monastery at level 6. I just never seem to have enough ancient KP, and I hate using my regular kp since I need it for research. But in the barracks, I always wind up finishing my troops before 3am and then it's idle until I get up around 7. I hadn't thought of blossoms, actually, to fill that space, since I learned early on that they don't work as well as sorceress and so I just left what I had made previously to gather dust (except for the test above). But yes, they do take longer so it's probably a good idea not to waste that time from 3-7am. Thanks.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
That's a good idea. I have a level 19 barracks and 3 level 19 armories (plus an extra level 15). My needles is only at level 2 and my martial monastery at level 6. I just never seem to have enough ancient KP, and I hate using my regular kp since I need it for research. But in the barracks, I always wind up finishing my troops before 3am and then it's idle until I get up around 7. I hadn't thought of blossoms, actually, to fill that space, since I learned early on that they don't work as well as sorceress and so I just left what I had made previously to gather dust (except for the test above). But yes, they do take longer so it's probably a good idea not to waste that time from 3-7am. Thanks.

Shrewdy shrooms wonder is a mayor "combat wonder" is it increases your production time by a lot, needles / flying academy can't really function well without this wonder.
There is no point in training faster if you cannot sustain it.

Darielle

Shrewdy shrooms wonder is a mayor "combat wonder" is it increases your production time by a lot, needles / flying academy can't really function well without this wonder.
There is no point in training faster if you cannot sustain it.
I can't get that one yet, but I'll remember that.

Alpha Lyrae

There's such good information here, but I also find it extremely frustrating. None of these troop details are visible on mobile (unless I'm missing something), which is where I do most of my fighting. I know there are resources outside of the game, but that's not very efficient. At the very least, mobile players should have access to the same information as PC players. But.... That's another conversation altogether.

As for Elvengems, I find it to be a good starting point that I adjust with advice from my fellows and in-game trials.

I fight tournaments and the easier spire levels, but do heavier catering there.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There's such good information here, but I also find it extremely frustrating. None of these troop details are visible on mobile (unless I'm missing something), which is where I do most of my fighting. I know there are resources outside of the game, but that's not very efficient. At the very least, mobile players should have access to the same information as PC players. But.... That's another conversation altogether.

As for Elvengems, I find it to be a good starting point that I adjust with advice from my fellows and in-game trials.

I fight tournaments and the easier spire levels, but do heavier catering there.

I do a similar strategy: I fight more in the tournament and cater more in the Spire. 2 reasons: 1. It seems my squad size in the Spire is a lot higher than my squad size in the tournament. Therefore, I tend to lose more troops in the Spire simply because the numbers on both sides are so much higher. 2. Gold and supplies are always in the mix in the Spire. And I have plenty of those. In fact, on days where I do not unlock a tech or do major upgrades to buildings I often find myself burning off excess gold and supplies at the wholesaler. Might as well use these excess golds and supplies in the Spire instead. And it seems that tournament catering uses a lot more goods than Spire catering.

Alpha Lyrae

I do a similar strategy: I fight more in the tournament and cater more in the Spire. 2 reasons: 1. It seems my squad size in the Spire is a lot higher than my squad size in the tournament. Therefore, I tend to lose more troops in the Spire simply because the numbers on both sides are so much higher. 2. Gold and supplies are always in the mix in the Spire. And I have plenty of those. In fact, on days where I do not unlock a tech or do major upgrades to buildings I often find myself burning off excess gold and supplies at the wholesaler. Might as well use these excess golds and supplies in the Spire instead. And it seems that tournament catering uses a lot more goods than Spire catering.

Exactly why i convince in the Spire. I have time of goods, supplies, coins, orcs, etc. What else am I going to use them on? Plus, I enjoy a good logic puzzle. ;)