• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Diamonds unlock additional crafting choice and/or queue

Diamonds unlock additional crafting choice and/or queue

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steelhail

(I have edited the format/description of pros/cons in response to feedback, but the content remains the same.)

Proposal: an additional level 6-7 magic academy upgrade for diamond purchase that adds 1.additional crafting option(s) and 2.creates a crafting item queue (similar to the spell production queue).

Details:

Magic Academy level 6 (for 1000 diamonds):
-players can select 2 crafting items in a production queue
-players have a 6th choice to craft (rather than current 5)
-no increase in spell production speed
-no increase in spell fragment bonus for disenchantment

Magic Academy level 7 (for 1500 diamonds):
-players can select 3 crafting items in a production queue
-players have a 7th choice to craft (rather than current 5)
-no increase in spell production speed
-no increase in spell fragment bonus for disenchantment

Rationale/Utility:

Many players have experienced going to the MA at times and not seen anything particularly appealing. On the other hand, some players have gone to the MA finding several great items available at once but not enough time to craft them all without instants. Other players miss opportunities to use crafting time productively, crafting one item at night (or away from the computer) when they could have crafted 2-3 items. Players who actively participate in the spire and/or have multiple moonstone libraries may be frustrated at having excess spell fragments or catalysts. This proposal increases INNO’s revenue stream and player satisfaction for all these groups.

PROS:

PROS for players:
-more satisfaction with crafting options
-the “too many spell fragments or catalysts” problem is partly alleviated
-players can use available play time more productively

PROS for INNO’s revenue/marketing demographics:

-some players who would not pay diamonds for one-time 5 choice reshuffle will spend 1000 diamonds for 1-2 permanent added choice(s)
-players who would not pay 50 diamonds for one-time 5 choice reshuffle might more readily do it if they knew they’d get 6-7 choices
-players who wouldn’t spend diamonds for a level 5 MA just for faster spell production/spell fragments might be willing to pick it up to get the level 6-7 benefits
- players who would spend diamonds just for a crafting queue
-some players would like the synergy of a crafting queue and more options working together. For example, while being able to craft 2-3 items every night without timer instants may be a decent perk, being able to pick those 2-3 items from 6-7 choices rather than 5 is much more attractive for diamond-spenders.

CONS:

-players who now pay 50 diamonds for 5 choices might feel less motivation if they already have 7 choices
-there could be balancing issues (e.g., more pet food opportunities for the players who already have 5 pet brown bears).
-players may spend fewer timer instants on crafting. (I’m not sure that’s a “con,” but it is a consequence.)

Responses to CONS:

-If fewer players use the re-shuffle, the reduced diamond expenditure will be outweighed by the demographics listed in the “pros” section.
-Any balancing issues could be addressed by recipe frequency tweaking (which already happens regularly). INNO could also test out the effects beforehand, perhaps with an Event building (as a milestone reward?) that temporarily granted a 6th choice/crafting queue for 30 days.
-Players will still value timer instants but have greater flexibility in where they use them.

Last edited:

sam767

I have been extremely frustrated with having nothing to craft. Lately, my frustration has decreased because I almost always seem to have a time instant available. Just saying.

Steelhail

Lately, my frustration has decreased because I almost always seem to have a time instant available. Just saying.

Good to hear it's going well for you. Maybe the real issue for me is that I've got 4 moonstone libraries and fellowship's high spire participation, so I guess I often at least see something little in crafting (several 15 minute time boosts etc.), but often these smaller 4 hour crafting items seem like a waste of time for all the catalysts I get. I'd love a 6th option that gave me another shot at a big 5 hour item, but of course I have no idea the actual number of players who would feel similarly.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
For calculating pros and cons, I think it comes down equivalent of a specific-purpose timer, since you can already get the same effect by occasionally using a few hours of timer instants to craft multiple objects within the window.

I'd be surprised if saves players from buying a lot of diamonds, but in any event that becomes a factor in the cost of the upgrade. (which, it seems to me, can only be gotten by already obtaining the other three diamond-only upgrades to get the Magic Academy to fifth level so is not a particularly high value.)

Perhaps they could test its effects by adding an event building that adds a second queue for 50 or 100 days. There's actually a lot of potential for an interesting effect there, as it could even be a completely different/unrelated queue, potentially with a different set of recipes.

Steelhail

Perhaps they could test its effects by adding an event building that adds a second queue for 50 or 100 days. There's actually a lot of potential for an interesting effect there, as it could even be a completely different/unrelated queue, potentially with a different set of recipes.

Thanks for the feecback! I really like that idea for testing it with a temporary event building. Maybe a good milestone reward?

For calculating pros and cons, I think it comes down equivalent of a specific-purpose timer, since you can already get the same effect by occasionally using a few hours of timer instants to craft multiple objects within the window.

Part of why I was thinking an MA level 6-7 could have the two different effects (both 2-3 crafting queue and 6-7 choices) is Elvenar could target more players (so revenue possibilities make it more likely to get implemented)--1.people who wanted a crafting queue, 2.people who wanted more choices from crafting, and 3.those who wanted the synergy. So if you like a crafting queue, it might be a decent perk to craft 2-3 items every night in your sleep without using timer instants, but the synergy means you get to pick 2-3 items out of 6-7 choices rather than 5, which would make spending diamonds more appealing. But it could also create more balancing issues.

Risen Malchiah

I'm not sure how I missed this before. This is interesting. I rarely use the diamond reshuffle, but I often have either nothing to craft or I have multiple things I want to craft at once. I would spend diamonds for the crafting queue alone. Having a few more recipe options in each crafting cycle would also be great. Benefit to Inno: I go from spending near 0 diamonds in crafting to potentially spending 2500 diamonds (or whatever the cost ends up being).

obeyusa

100% behind this move! Even if it's expensive, it'll be worth it for critical items needed from MA. I would like it if CC sped up. I know some people say that they have tons, but I am always running out. Thanks to Spire I am always running my MA and my CC are usually depleted between spire victories.

Steelhail

I would like it if CC sped up. I know some people say that they have tons, but I am always running out.

Unfortunately, it's too late to modify the poll now at the voting stage, but thanks for the feedback! I had considered increasing spell enchantment speed in the proposal, but held back because 1.I hear some complaints from players with level 5 MA that they burn through favorite spell relics faster than they can acquire them, and 2.increasing the enchantment speed even more in level 6 would probably necessitate a larger diamond increase for balancing. (At the moment a level 5 MA costs 750 diamonds; adding two new features plus a new enchantment speed should probably cost more than the 1000 diamonds I'd proposed.) There's also the workaround of having more moonstone libraries to get CC.

obeyusa

1.I hear some complaints from players with level 5 MA that they burn through favorite spell relics faster than they can acquire them
I used to burn through my relics until I stepped up my work in tournaments, now I can't use the relics fast enough!

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
This idea seems to be "impossible" with the current / comming update, where eacht slot has it's own set of items, this 6th and 7th slot are now contradicting this move.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
This idea seems to be "impossible" with the current / comming update, where eacht slot has it's own set of items, this 6th and 7th slot are now contradicting this move.

There are enough recipes that I can see this still working for a 6th slot, but not a 7th or more. Maybe split the buildings between two slots, since we are paying a lot of diamonds for a level 6 of the MA.