• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fairies Chapter

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Fairies chapter taking a toll on tier 3 goods. I’ve been upgrading the elixir manufactories but I still can’t keep up. Perhaps I should build more? I have 4 at levels 6 - 6 - 8 - 13. I could also do cross tier trades, which I try to avoid, but are still allowed in my fellowship. Thoughts please?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have not gotten to Faeries yet. I am in still in Dwarves. But my 3 Elixer manufactories are already 10, 11, and 12. And I am working on getting the population to upgrade the level 10 one. Maybe you were slow doing your upgrades. That is what I would work on if I was in your position.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I was slow in upgrading because I’ve always had plenty of elixir, until now. Fairies use lots of magic dust. Something to keep in mind. Be sure to have plenty of elixir on hand to trade. :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I was slow in upgrading because I’ve always had plenty of elixir, until now. Fairies use lots of magic dust. Something to keep in mind. Be sure to have plenty of elixir on hand to trade. :)
Please define what you consider "plenty". I am elixir boosted, but through trading I have over 100K of all 3 types of tier 3 goods right now. Did it with 3 Elixer manufactories, but I was pretty aggressive in upgrading them and in seeking out relics to increase my boost. Also am getting some Dust from the Moonstone Library set.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Please define what you consider "plenty". I am elixir boosted, but through trading I have over 100K of all 3 types of tier 3 goods right now. Did it with 3 Elixer manufactories, but I was pretty aggressive in upgrading them and in seeking out relics to increase my boost. Also am getting some Dust from the Moonstone Library set.
By plenty I mean I could trade elixir for gems or magic dust and not worry about not having enough left for whatever. I hardly used tier 3 goods so my focus on upgrading went to steel and scrolls. I have the gum tree from the moonstone library in my inventory and will put that out. I’ll make sure I upgrade all the factories in my other cities as I go so I won’t be caught unprepared again. Lesson learned the hard way, lol.

How many residents do you have?

Last edited:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
By plenty I mean I could trade elixir for gems or magic dust and not worry about not having enough left for whatever. I hardly used tier 3 goods so my focus on upgrading went to steel and scrolls. I have the gum tree from the moonstone library in my inventory and will put that out. I’ll make sure I upgrade all the factories in my other cities as I go so I won’t be caught unprepared again. Lesson learned the hard way, lol.

How many residents do you have?

24 residences currently. All at my current max level of 17. And a level 9 Golden Abyss. But I am bottomed out on population. Need more.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
I have 13 at level 17, 1 at level 2 and 1 magic residence. Only have 134 population available. I have 2 armories at level 17 so I can fight in the spire. Now I’m trying to build residents, upgrade them, upgrade manufactories, upgrade the day/night farms so I can upgrade the portal. All while trying to figure out what to plant on those farms. My GA is at level 4. Guess I’ll start focusing more on that instead of the Needles.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
You should have no issues with these goods at that chapter, if you have played some tournaments and have a decent relic bonus.
Ain't the issue your relic bonus sucks? also level 6?

I have been playing my new world with 4 steel, 3 scrolls and 3 magic dust factories and have no issues, I am only now building 1 more of each as I started at the halfling chapter.

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
You should have no issues with these goods at that chapter, if you have played some tournaments and have a decent relic bonus.
Ain't the issue your relic bonus sucks? also level 6?

I have been playing my new world with 4 steel, 3 scrolls and 3 magic dust factories and have no issues, I am only now building 1 more of each as I started at the halfling chapter.
I know :( I’ve learned the hard way. That’s why I’ve been asking questions here, something I should have done a long time ago. My elixir boost is 472%. I do play the tournaments, especially the ones that are my boosted goods.

DeletedUser26692

I find a lot depends not just on how many you have, but how many times you collect on average each day! I had 3/3/3 of my boosted goods doing four 3 hour collections a day up until dwarves and then took out a T3 due to pop constraints, Keeping it in storage for when I get to orcs. The more times you are on the less you need.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
In general, my advice says: take your time at the end of each chapter/beginning of next chapter and upgrade everything you can as far as you can. Obviously two level 6 elixer mfrs when they could be lvl 13, are hurting you greatly. So STOP now and do the upgrades. Include the roads which provide a lot of culture and thus allow you to remove many "culture only" buildings. It may take you a month or more to get things up to snuff, but you will be struggling a lot longer if you don't. Upgrade everything you can, including (obviously) residences and workshops. But also your T1, T2 and T3 boosted buildings as well. Keeping your city up to date actually makes it easier to get through chapters and the time you spend doing so between chapters (even if you start the next one), is time well spent and has the advantage of giving you the space you used for the guest races for an FA or two each year...all those workshops and T1 sets can really impact your fellowships FA performance.

AJ

Dreamyn2

Buddy Fan Club member
Elixir factories are now at 15, 12, 7, 6, 3. I’m upgrading everything as fast as I can get the population to do so. I’m on the final research technology for fairies but have put it on hold. I wanted the event evolve building to be ch 8 but nixed that to throw kps into my GA. I’m still way ahead in culture but the culture buildings I have give population that I can’t afford to lose. Thank you all for your help! :)

Edit: Elixir boost is now 610%. I have 18 residences at level 19, 1 @ 9, 1 @5. GA is level 7. I’m gradually getting there. ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser26692

I set everything not needed for a quest at 3 hours and collect several times per day.:)
that will definitely help you need less factorys! I agree with ajqrtz about having everything up to max level... It may take time but it will save a lot of space. the quality of your event buildings will also play a part, I don't have any event buildings due to the pace I am playing as it would take alot of RR to keep up, with that being said I have to keep 43 residences at max level to keep up with population at least until I hit orcs when the upgrade is more effective for housing. Now don't get me wrong... There are event buildings that I would love to build, like the fire Phoenix or some of the bears but unfortunately I started after those events.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Elixir factories are now at 15, 12, 7, 6, 3. I’m upgrading everything as fast as I can get the population to do so. I’m on the final research technology for fairies but have put it on hold. I wanted the event evolve building to be ch 8 but nixed that to throw kps into my GA. I’m still way ahead in culture but the culture buildings I have give population that I can’t afford to lose. Thank you all for your help! :)

Edit: Elixir boost is now 610%. I have 18 residences at level 19, 1 @ 9, 1 @5. GA is level 7. I’m gradually getting there. ;)
I would consider getting rid of the level 3 Elixer manufactory. It would free up space and population. Might let you upgrade the level 7 or the level 6. Look at what the level 3 produces and how much population it requires. Then check if the population would be enough to let you upgrade some of your higher level factories and see how much the production would increase on them. Also consider that the space freed up buy getting rid of the 3 could go to an additional residence, which would provide population for additional upgrades.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE.....!!!!!!

I have my T1, T2 and T3's maxed with the relic bonus... and have since BEFORE I hit the guest races... I also had my relic bonus maxed by that point as well (my main world) I have moved faster in a few of my other worlds for various reasons and have hit the same goods deficit that you're experiencing. It blows to be in that position, so I am currently going to halt my progress until I can bank some goods and build up my army ...

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have 4 dust factories. By the time I finished Fairies, I believe all of them were at Level 15.

I don't believe you need to build more factories; I think you just need to max out the ones you have and you'll do fine.
My boost is elixer. I went through Fairies with only 3 manufactories. However, I *DO* have a significant Moonstone Library footprint. Lots of Mana Plants and Gum Trees which provide me with extra Dust every day. I do think they made a difference.