• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Show last time player was active

Sivri

When visiting cities, under the city name can the last time that player had been active (date) be shown?

When I visit my neighbors I look to see who could be a good match for the fellowship I am in. If I know a player has not been active for a while (or a really long time) I will know sending them an invite or a message will be useless.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You can kind of figure this out. 2 main ways: 1: If a player has a really advanced city but is listed as not being a member of a fellowship, it is 99% certain they are inactive. They stopped playing and their FS booted them for inactivity. 2: If when you are giving neighborly help, build hut is never listed as an option. Main Hall is always available and monuments reset every 10 hours. But boosts to build hut are forever. It can only hold 2. If they are not playing and using their builders then they never use the boosts and the build hut does not appear anymore once 2 players help it. This method does require a little bit of time to be certain. They might be in a phase where they are not improving anything. But if a long period of time goes by and build hut never pops up for a player, they are likely inactive.

LisaMV

I must disagree being a solo player with my own solo fs, iin Amuni and I play every day and have never booted myself out :)
I was just going to say, as well, that this is a pretty shakey method at best: my Builders Hut is always 'full' because I have that listed first. The only way I know for certain with the 'observation only' method is if they have a building upgrading forever... I guess the fact is your city 'updates' its view when you log in, so that explains that.

@Sivri = this is a fabulous idea! It could be anywhere, even listed in the ranking points tab. But it sure would be nice to be able to see 'Oct 2018' instead of spending 2 minutes trying to find their builder to click every single day... lol

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I must disagree being a solo player with my own solo fs, iin Amuni and I play every day and have never booted myself out :)

Does not matter if you are a solo player. You are in your own FS. There is a FS banner beside your city on the world map. That is what I was talking about looking for.

StarLoad

You can kind of figure this out. 2 main ways: 1: If a player has a really advanced city but is listed as not being a member of a fellowship, it is 99% certain they are inactive. They stopped playing and their FS booted them for inactivity. 2: If when you are giving neighborly help, build hut is never listed as an option. Main Hall is always available and monuments reset every 10 hours. But boosts to build hut are forever. It can only hold 2. If they are not playing and using their builders then they never use the boosts and the build hut does not appear anymore once 2 players help it. This method does require a little bit of time to be certain. They might be in a phase where they are not improving anything. But if a long period of time goes by and build hut never pops up for a player, they are likely inactive.

I have seen many an FS that is full of inactive players and that included all the Mages and AM. So it's not a good indication of inactivity, besides why would you invite a member of an FS. So it really does not matter

OP great Idea and I support it

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I have seen many an FS that is full of inactive players and that included all the Mages and AM. So it's not a good indication of inactivity, besides why would you invite a member of an FS. So it really does not matter

OP great Idea and I support it
I said if you saw an advanced city without a FS banner beside it on the map then that city is almost certainly inactive. I stand by that statement. Did not say that just because a city is in a FS it means the city is active.

Laochra

It could also be something even simpler like maybe a black dot on their province, or have their named greyed out (?) I think this was discussed a couple of years ago, but was not selected for consideration.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
something to add to this in general. If people use elvenstats.com to check on players, that site only tracks the change in score/ranking points. Someone could be in their city every day and doing all sorts of things that do not change that by a single point and that site will say they are potentially inactive after just two weeks.

Also, I don't remember where I saw it, but I am pretty sure that people for Inno have said they do not give out last login or activity information because of privacy concerns, especially since they in the EU and the EU has much stricter laws about privacy than the US. Since they are global, I would not ever expect to see anything done with this. I think the privacy thing is also why the person who runs elvenstats does not provide last login data either.

But if Inno ever gets their new delete/archive operation working properly, any city that is never logged into, diamonds spent in it or not, should get either deleted or archived.

Sivri

I said if you saw an advanced city without a FS banner beside it on the map then that city is almost certainly inactive. I stand by that statement. Did not say that just because a city is in a FS it means the city is active.
I was kinda thinking the same, except I have a neighbor who provides help to me but who isn't in a fellowship at all. They just don't want to be involved in one, but they are a couple chapters ahead of me.

I also received the suggestion of "Look for upgrades that never finish", but that would require I keep track of everyone around me and what they are / aren't building. Seems like a lot of work if the game itself could show this.

The privacy issues isn't something I'd though of, but if elvenstats can show last point change, couldn't we get that at least? I have a few large cities near me that never seem to change (but they are big, so I could just not be seeing it) and never visit. Not sure if they are just too busy to stop by their neighbors but are still playing, or if they are long gone and there isn't a reason to click on a culture rather than main hall.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Not accurate enough, per my previous comment.
Last login might show that the city Mykan has beside me is being logged into occasionally, but he still isn't growing it or helping me. Last login isn't going to give any information about whether they want to join a FS or are going to help back that last increase in growth doesn't also give. Last Growth is actually more accurate as far as activity goes than last login would be.

Last edited:

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I think the issue with anything is privacy. Login's are, as stated earlier, likely to be misleading. I have an open fellowship on Khel. We are very small, but we work at it. I invite tons, but if they don't respond, they don't respond. I remove the invite. If it is someone that I see in the trader (an indication of activity) I send an email and an invite.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
There is 1 other way to go about this. Just take note of which of your neighbors are active in the trader. If you never see a neighbor offering trades, assume they are inactive unless you have seen other signs of activity from them. This is not a 100% accurate method, because some players might not use the trader. But the vast majority do.

Yogi Dave

I have some abandoned cities in worlds that I will visit rarely. Usually it's to look at a feature in another city or to send someone a message that I played with when the city was active. So, login time won't help with that. I'll also collect the coins, maybe make some kp with them and drop them into an AW which I'll upgrade when it finishes. Maybe craft things in the MA and produce CC's there to fill the mystical object in the hopes of getting diamonds. This is a little activity, but not much. Would it count enough to declare my city active?

There is another comment I'd like to make, though:
When I visit my neighbors I look to see who could be a good match for the fellowship I am in.
While it's okay to recruit members from your neighborhood, I suggest that be the exception. If the members are near each other, they don't expand the trade region of the FS much which would deprive it of a greater choice of goods.