• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ch16 Ancient Wonders...anything exciting?

Arkadia

Not at all excited about these AWs.... am I missing something?

I see the bug was finally fixed, but still... :p

o_O gaining 60 ranking points after a 10 chest tournament with a level 12 Tournament Arena.....
gaining ranking period...:eek:

same with the Spire Library.....
any reason to build and upgrade these AWs? or these 2 again just better kept out of the way....

someone plz get me excited about these..... otherwise even the KPs to research them were a complete waste :(

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
both chapter 15 and 16 AWs seem like they would be more useful a few chapters earlier

the thermal spring is the first AW i never bothered building

GlamDoll

My opinion may not be worth much, but here you go!

Ranking points.
Free units

If you care for either of those, there you go :)
I admire and respect your opinion, but in my opinion, that really isn't anything to get excited about, let alone spend vast KP in...

Please say there is a chance of the Devs truly making Ancient Wonders be, well, wonders? TY!

Xelenia

Ex-Team Member
I admire and respect your opinion, but in my opinion, that really isn't anything to get excited about, let alone spend vast KP in...

Please say there is a chance of the Devs truly making Ancient Wonders be, well, wonders? TY!

You will be surprised by how much players care about ranking ^.~

As I always said, not every single wonder are meant to be built. I mean, some do not build the GA because they find it useless, or MM, or watchtower, or timewarp but yet they think TOS is the best gift to Elvenar players. It is all about perspectives :)

To answer your questions, the Ancient Wonders are well...wonders, you simply do not have use for them :p

P.S. Can you tell which are some of my favorites? :p

GlamDoll

You will be surprised by how much players care about ranking ^.~
Thank you for taking the time. I am also moved by ^.~ it's almost my signature. `.~ :)
I doubt I would be surprised with players that care about ranking...one of the many reasons we have 'whales'.
Since we are continuing to share our opinions and conversing about it, some may find that there are those of us that beat to a different drummer.
Take the current Event for example. If you look at my posting history, you may be surprised at my 180.

As for Ancient Wonders, if they are not worth the space and KP, they will be on my back burner. Agreed, perspective is paramount for many, but so is utility for some. After all, space is at a premium in this game.

I have about 15 pages of buildings I cannot place, because space is being held at ransom! And don't even get me started on all the duplicate buildings on those pages... (See me on Glamdoll to verify & confirm).

P.S. Can you guess what I care about most in this game? S P A C E! There is so much lovely art work & the grid is a potato in comparison.

Again, TY for responding & taking the time & effort.

EZ/GlamDoll

Arkadia

My opinion may not be worth much, but here you go!

Ranking points.
Free units

If you care for either of those, there you go :)

For ranking points, we already have the ......um....... gee i even have to look it up, thats how much interest I have in it.... the Thrones of the High Men.... I don't see it in many cities.....
but even if someone wants an AW for ranking points and and builds it 1x.....
why have 3 different AWs offering the same?
esp these 2 new ones giving a minuscule 60 points per week at level 12? that's a whooping 3320 points in a year!!! :eek: o_O
that's a lot of KPs for really worthless ranking points....

so giving 2 of the same in 1 chapter..... how disappointing :(

As for the free drones.... i can count on 1 hand how often i used that unit...

I hope the new chapter wont require the research of those AWs.... cause THAT would suck even more!

@mucksterme LOL my Victory Spring is at level 21 :p ....even though i only train the Dryads and Banshees (both could do without), but training them is still take much longer then the rax and merc camp unit ....sigh so imagine if not having the VS :eek:

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
both chapter 15 and 16 AWs seem like they would be more useful a few chapters earlier

the thermal spring is the first AW i never bothered building

WOW!

I absolutely love that wonder, unless you are running your entire town mostly on pop/culture buidings.
But I no longer like pop/culure buildings since the spire introduction anyway.

As for the chapter 16 ones, it are niche wonders, that are targetting a specific type of player.
If you like ranking points they are amazing,
While the numbers look low, it's power is in accumulation 1 week has no point or value, but many weeks turn into quite a big amount over a long period of time.

I think the max is around 385 a week with fulle upgraded wonders, so it takes a lot of efford.
But thats 38.5% of the max tournamant score, while most people that really target the rating get 500-900 so for some thats almost doubling the reward. and those accumulate really well.
1593330389964.png

It's just a matter of a very long long long term goal instead of instant gratification.

Last edited:

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I absolutely love that wonder, unless you are running your entire town mostly on pop/culture buidings.
But I no longer like pop/culure buildings since the spire introduction anyway.

You got me thinking
I have had this development of pop/cultures off to the side so long I pretty much ignore them.
It might make sense to tear a bunch down and build the thermal
As much as I hate doing the math, i might have to run some numbers

michmarc

If you want my opinion [which I'm sure some of you don't], this is how I rate the wonders. (I'm only in Ch13 right now, so my views on the Ch13-16 wonders are just 'on paper' and not from any actual experience):

A ["Better than Sliced Bread"]: Golden Abyss, Needles of the Tempest, Mountain Halls, Prosperity Towers, Elvenar Trade Center, D111-a "Timewarp", D222-z "Simia Sapiens", Vortex of Storage
B ["Quite nice to have"]: Martial Monastery, Dwarven Bulwark, Blooming Trader Guild, Heroes' Forge, Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms, Maze of the Dark Matter, Temple of the Toads, Pyramid of Purification, Thermal String of Youth
C ["Might be useful but probably won't get around to building them"]: Endless Excavation, Watchtower Ruins, Flying Academy, Dragon Abbey, Sunset Towers, Victory Springs
D ["Why would I ever want to build these?"]: Tome of Secrets, Crystal Lighthouse, Thrones of the High Men, Enar's Emabassy, Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood, Spire Library, Tournament Arena

DeletedUser2959

You know what's exciting? Not having to make space for new AWs. Thanks for giving us garbage that I will never pollute my city with.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I'd like to see an Orc enhancer. Orcs are really, really ugly and hey could use some enhancement. Then I could stomach producing more ...oh wait an Orc Enhancer that makes the pretty AND more of them! I'd have parties and all the other races would come back to see my beautiful orcs. They'd really be surprised too!

Just a random thought about AW's. I have a lot of them and find it hard to part with one that I built. Think Crystal Lighthouse, Maze of Dark Matter (now that I'm through the heavy use of mana), I sort of wish I had skipped.

AJ