• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Hello Hello, I finally registered.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Your best bet for winning diamonds for free is going to be the Spire of Eternity. But you can't get there until you enter chapter 3. And to be honest it is going to be hard till at least chapter 4. You will be better off to conserve your diamonds. I would not use them to unlock stuff. You will be much better off in the long run if you spend diamonds to get a premium expansion to add more land to your city. That is probably the best use as a new player. Once you get a little further in the game, diamonds are also the only way to advance the Magic Academy or the Builders Hut beyond level 2.

Laochra

I just started playing yesterday and I have never played a game like this before. I will probably have lots of questions once I figure some of this out. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get more diamonds without buying them, I need to unlock production boost tech.
Welcome to Elvenar, lisa1036 ! The best use of diamonds at the early stages of the game would be to obtain a 3rd builder. Once you reach the guest chapters, you will be thankful that you have at least 3. Happy building!

lisa1036

Your best bet for winning diamonds for free is going to be the Spire of Eternity. But you can't get there until you enter chapter 3. And to be honest it is going to be hard till at least chapter 4. You will be better off to conserve your diamonds. I would not use them to unlock stuff. You will be much better off in the long run if you spend diamonds to get a premium expansion to add more land to your city. That is probably the best use as a new player. Once you get a little further in the game, diamonds are also the only way to advance the Magic Academy or the Builders Hut beyond level 2.
I need them for a Magic Residence and Workshop so I may be out of luck for now. I just started.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Welcome to Elvenar, lisa1036 ! The best use of diamonds at the early stages of the game would be to obtain a 3rd builder. Once you reach the guest chapters, you will be thankful that you have at least 3. Happy building!
Disagree. I kept up just fine with 2 builders all the way to Dwarves. But I was crunched for space LONG before that. I'd rather have a premium expansion early on.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Oh, I have to disagree with you here, Henroo. That space will come eventually, but unless you buy another builder, you will only ever have 2. :)
I am not saying never get a 3rd builder. I am just saying it is not necessary early in the game. You can keep up with 2 for the early chapters. In the early chapters, I would rather have an extra expansion with my diamonds. I don't start thinking about 3 builders till sometime around Dwarves or Faeries.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I need them for a Magic Residence and Workshop so I may be out of luck for now. I just started.
I would not buy magic residences or workshop very early in the game. They are tied to what chapter you are in when you buy them. IE, a magic residence you buy when you are in chapter 3 is going to be better than one you buy in chapter 1. But both cost the same number of diamonds. And you can upgrade normal residences or workshops with your builders. But upgrading magical residences or workshops require Blueprints. And that is one of the hardest things in the game to get. Basically, as a newer player you won't be able to upgrade magic residences or workshops. Don't get me wrong, a magic residence or workshop will be better than anything you can build normally in the short term. But the earliest chapters are also the fastest to move through. So if you buy a magic residence in chapter 1, it will be great at first. Way better than your normal houses. By the time you reach chapter 3 or so it will only be slightly above average, because you have upgraded your normal houses. By chapter 5, or beyond I am pretty sure an upgraded normal residence will be better than a level 1 magic residence. I am not saying never buy a magic residence or workshop. I am saying that if you wait till you are further along in the game to get them they be more useful in the long term.

AtaguS

I just started playing yesterday and I have never played a game like this before. I will probably have lots of questions once I figure some of this out. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get more diamonds without buying them, I need to unlock production boost tech.
Welcome!! As you can see there are many stategies to the game and the more you play, the more you'll settle on one that works for you. I agree completely that conserving diamonds for something like an additional builder, or land, is a far better use than unlocking things or hurrying a build upgrade along. The more your city grows, the more access you'll have to earning free diamonds through the spire, or winning them through the Magic Academy. But it sounds like you have just started out so the very best advice I can offer is take you time...come hang out on the forum while you wait for coins to grow or buildings to upgrade. This place is so full of good advice and you have lots of time to figure it all out.
Enjoy and happy gaming!

Evening Star Selene

Welcome to the forum!! Just as encouragement, I have made it to chapter 5 without ever buying diamonds, and I win them regularly now from the Spire of Eternity (opens in chapter 3) and a genie that I won in the Spire. Do what you want with them! There are not many wrong ways to play the game... I upgraded my magic academy to level 4 with mine, and have enough diamonds left to get another builder anytime I want. Good luck, and enjoy the ride!!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Hello, Lisa and welcome to Elvenar. Good that you came to the forum quickly ... that's a very smart move. I learned so much by coming here in the first few weeks of playing, and avoided some major mistakes (although there is no "mistake," really ... there are just harder and easier ways to get to the same goal. :) ) Please do not be quick to spend diamonds. They are extremely hard to come by without spending cash, at least at this level where you can't do the spire or acquire things. The very best use for diamonds, in my opinion, is to upgrade the Magic Academy, which you'll be getting soon. You'll need it for quests in events, and there are some recipes you won't be able to make without it being upgraded at least once. Concentrate on that before anything else. And a third builder is really nice to have, but the MA comes first, since you don't want to be waiting around for 3 days to complete a quest that asks for magic items that you can't yet get. (Spells also take less time when you upgrade it, so that will help enormously on quests.)

And whatever you do, do not disenchant portal profits. I kick myself now every time I think of all the portal profits I disenchanted in the early chapters, thinking I would get more later when I needed them. Of course that's just my humble opinion, but I still wish I had them.

A few weeks on the forum and this will all be pretty easy for you. I hope you love it here; there are a lot of helpful souls here who are more than willing to help. Best of luck!

LisaMV

Ha! I agree so much with what Darielle just said. I learned most things the hard way, having also never played anything like this before. You are much smarter than I getting on the Forum of Wise Ones right off the bat!

My 2-cents is that first, you should never be tempted to use your diamonds to hurry anything along, and they will be tempting you at every turn = this is a slow, long game, full of options & stategies, and there is no 'winning', just having fun discovering and making your own choices. That being said, the wisest thing you can spend your diamonds on is upgrading your Magic Academy, which you can ONLY do with diamonds after the first upgrade. Expansions come along; you just have to be be patient. Even Magic Residences & Workshops come along down the path (spire). The point is, there is NO WAY to upgrade your Magic Academy except with diamonds. ...unless you are not interested in magic...? lol

In general, you will learn the Patience of a Tibetan Monk playing this game, but it will be loads of fun. Everyone here is so incredibly kind & helpful, and were my first and revered teachers of all things Elvenar. You are in good hands! But always decide for yourself, because after all, it is only a game. This is where you can practice being brave and foolish, and no one will get hurt! :)

About the builders: at some point in an early chapter there was a 'buy diamonds' offer that included a free builder! I was having to much fun here it did not seem unreasonable for me to give them something for all the beautiful effort that was put into making this game. I spent $19.99, got a ton of diamonds and a free builder too. Didn't realize at the time why that was a good thing, but now I do. I think I bought a magic res & workshop with those. It was $20 well spent for all this fun!