• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Choices for neighborly help

BBsAmazon

I would like to see the city banner used as a city banner, IOW, the banner to hold the desired name of your city.

Right now, folks are indicating which kind of help they would like in the city banner and if you’re like me and get tap or click-happy (depending on the device I’m playing on) then a lot of times, I will ”help” the wrong thing. A lot of folks, it doesn’t seem to bother, others get unreasonably upset.

What I would like to see is a place where you can set your preferences in order of 1, 2 or 3 so that when you visit a player’s city, only the available option will pop up in order of their preference.

For example: I put these in order of Builder Hut (B), then Culture (C), then Main Hall (M). Since my hut has 5 builders, it will not fill up as fast and if a slot is available, then only the Builder Hit will pop up as being available to help. If the BH is full, then the highest value culture item would pop up for help. If none of those 2 options were available, then the Main Hall would be presented for help. In each case, only 1 building is presented as available to be helped.

In line with this, please make it so that even if a Main Hall is being upgraded and nothing else is available for help, then folks playing the browser version can still help the Main Hall and collect the coins. I’m sure this would ease some frustration for players. Note that mobile players already have this capability.

Thanks!
Amazon

Last edited:

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I expect I'd like it, though it brings us one step closer to just-click-to-help (like the empty cities around us). Currently we at least get to see the progress of the cities we help, as new culture buildings come and go, and for the passive-aggressive it removes the option of picking what they don't want to punish them for some perceived slight. I've also started more than one conversation with an apology for clicking the wrong thing, which has lead to some positive conversations.

I'd be inclined to like it more if we also had some kind of neighbourhood or quadrant chat, so we can talk to anyone nearby.

DeletedUser26654

Won't work if you have it set for BH first and you're not building anything. It's not hard to give what they ask for, wow. If they ask for nothing, BH first, C, second, unless I see they are building up their MH. Sheesh, not difficult.

DeletedUser26654

Sure, if they want to change the code for all this...lol

BrinDarby

If this was to be coded, you'd need a special menu and checkboxes to set your desires.
Just having it in your name isn't gonna but it, cause then the code would have to parse
your city name correctly.......

Its not hard to pick the right choice of 3, if someone has a desired help.....

Whats far more need'd is the same setup for non-fellowship neighbors, so it doesn't
take players 45-75 minutes just to give help, plus I no longer will scroll thru your city
trying to figure out whicj building gives you the best culture....

When your city comes up, if I can't see a bldg to help without looking around, then
your MH gets help.... its that simple... I won't waste the time anymore searching cities.

( yes my city takes this into account, for this very reason )

I do not support the chg indicated, its not necessary other than to really lazy ppl.
BrinD

BBsAmazon

If this was to be coded, you'd need a special menu and checkboxes to set your desires.
Just having it in your name isn't gonna but it, cause then the code would have to parse
your city name correctly.......

Its not hard to pick the right choice of 3, if someone has a desired help.....

Whats far more need'd is the same setup for non-fellowship neighbors, so it doesn't
take players 45-75 minutes just to give help, plus I no longer will scroll thru your city
trying to figure out whicj building gives you the best culture....

When your city comes up, if I can't see a bldg to help without looking around, then
your MH gets help.... its that simple... I won't waste the time anymore searching cities.

( yes my city takes this into account, for this very reason )

I do not support the chg indicated, its not necessary other than to really lazy ppl.
BrinD
Wow, BrinDarby

For coding it, that was my thought: a special menu and checkboxes to set your desires. Of course, I'm not a developer, so far be it from me to tell them how to do their job!

It is NOT difficult to pick the right one, but more often nowadays, I click or tap on the wrong thing because I get going on visiting, especially on the mobile app, which I use most of the time.

I didn't specify whether it was for FS members or players discovered on the World Map. This is because I wanted it for BOTH Fellows and Discovered players.

It's not a matter of laziness, but getting the right thing helped. I desire to be more helpful, rather than just picking something if you can't find what they want, and a lot of times you can't find what they want, which is usually the Builder Hut. It sounds like you're the lazy one...

BrinDarby

@BBsAmazon ,
When I give FS help and someone wants Culture, the UI gives them the best choice @ the time
for culture help... I can do my FS, taking an xtra 5 seconds per member to see what they want,
in ohh 3-4 minutes... plus I know any culture help is the best I can give. I don't use the App,
so reg neighborly help is a real pain and takes 30-45 minutes to do them all....

I get it, you want to idiotproof help, I guess some ppl aren't giving you what you want...
if I was your neighbor and your city load'd and I saw no culture bldgs, I'll just click your MH.
Once Inno gives browsers the same UI for FS/Neighbors, even I would start giving better help.

I see you want my 3 choices that come up to be your top 3, yes ?? with no possible way of
giving you MH or builders, if your choices are all culture.... but what happens when Help
exceeds your list ??? my list might be 10 bldgs, yours might be 110....

Just remember Browser players don't have the UI, plus some bldgs look kewl or appeal
to me... so I click those.... help is help its always a crapshoot, I just don't see enuff improvement
over the UI choosing the best bldg ... and it done manually...... yes I agree if i can't click M/B
but thats just compensating for others's lazyness, isn't ? howabout we get both App/Browser
both with a UI for help for both FS/Neighbors... then we can talk about a special list.
BrinD

Iyapo1

It is NOT difficult to pick the right one, but more often nowadays, I click or tap on the wrong thing because I get going on visiting, especially on the mobile app, which I use most of the time.
I play exclusively on mobile and I do this often, finger drops before eyes scan. I would love it if they let the reciever set the blessing.
for the passive-aggressive it removes the option of picking what they don't want to punish them for some perceived slight.

That is ok. I can passive-aggressively not visit people until they visit me first! Or something, passive aggressive people are creative!

NightshadeCS

I think this would work wonderfully if the menu looked the same as Ancient Wonders currently do. Have a little heart flag next to the one you want aided.

I also think it would be wonderful if all three choices were always shown, but greyed out if not available. This would avoid those misclicks that I make when going through very quickly and the box for culture being moved in slightly when the BH is not available. I would love if they stayed in the same spot at all times.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I think this would work wonderfully if the menu looked the same as Ancient Wonders currently do. Have a little heart flag next to the one you want aided.

I also think it would be wonderful if all three choices were always shown, but greyed out if not available. This would avoid those misclicks that I make when going through very quickly and the box for culture being moved in slightly when the BH is not available. I would love if they stayed in the same spot at all times.

These two are exactly what I would suggest. Just have the heart and put all three in the same places and grey out the not available ones. It's nice when you run into somebody who thinks like you do. LOL.

The thing in the game developers seem to want to make the game more cooperative than many of their competitors and visits is one of the major ways they incorporated at the beginning. It appears that, over time, as the number of neighbors grew the time it took to visit all those neighbors has got longer and longer until, I suspect, a good deal of players didn't bother. Then came the browser version which made it easier and, again I only suspect, visits went up. Now that they've accomplished that why not improve it a bit more by adding a "preference" line in the settings that puts a red heart on your preference?

AJ

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I think it's also possible they are worried that if visiting is too easy, enough people will do it to create potential issues of excess coin and supply flow. Maybe we are close to as much help as they want us to have/give.

BBsAmazon

@BBsAmazon ,
When I give FS help and someone wants Culture, the UI gives them the best choice @ the time
for culture help... I can do my FS, taking an xtra 5 seconds per member to see what they want,
in ohh 3-4 minutes... plus I know any culture help is the best I can give. I don't use the App,
so reg neighborly help is a real pain and takes 30-45 minutes to do them all....

I get it, you want to idiotproof help, I guess some ppl aren't giving you what you want...
if I was your neighbor and your city load'd and I saw no culture bldgs, I'll just click your MH.
Once Inno gives browsers the same UI for FS/Neighbors, even I would start giving better help.

I see you want my 3 choices that come up to be your top 3, yes ?? with no possible way of
giving you MH or builders, if your choices are all culture.... but what happens when Help
exceeds your list ??? my list might be 10 bldgs, yours might be 110....

Just remember Browser players don't have the UI, plus some bldgs look kewl or appeal
to me... so I click those.... help is help its always a crapshoot, I just don't see enuff improvement
over the UI choosing the best bldg ... and it done manually...... yes I agree if i can't click M/B
but thats just compensating for others's lazyness, isn't ? howabout we get both App/Browser
both with a UI for help for both FS/Neighbors... then we can talk about a special list.
BrinD

It’s not a matter of ppl not giving me what I want, it’s a matter of me not giving ppl what they want. When using the app, even if someone hasn’t been playing and their MH is upgrading forever and there are no other options, one can still help (or polish) the player’s MH and get the coins - kind of like a gold mine, but the city is still there.

I’m not proposing that the capability of visiting (on browser) and choosing what you want anyway - regardless of what they’ve chosen, if you choose to be nasty like that, but make it easier to help the desired building type, especially if you have a spasm or something and your finger drops before your brain registers what the helpee has designated.

My proposal was for mobile and browser alike.

BBsAmazon

i think that it would have to differ slightly from the AW heart (favorite) designation because it would be a choice of 1, 2 or 3. But a similar look would be good and in the same place it is currently on the mobile app.