• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Unfair Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLoad

... Everybody likes me, right? (Please do not answer that question...LOL!).

AJ

The concept of "liking someone" on a virtual forum or within a virtual game is a nebulous concept as like, and dislike can change on a single post. It is the consistent and continuous content of a poster that earns respect, and that is as akin to "Like" as you may get. @SoggyShorts is one that comes to mind as one to respect and like in the forums. I have never interacted with him in-game, so I can only attest to the forum activity. I would guess his gameplay follows his or matches his forum activities.

shimmerfly

Uh ....Okay I give. I "like" you too @ajqtrz. I will admit it. It took me a while to see your personality blossom!
As @ Ed1960 so eloquently puts it. It is a respect thing and constistency helps.
Your all just a bunch of adorable jerks :) !
I have been treated very very well by my neighbors in trades and I do try to be fair back.

BrinDarby

@Evening Star Selene ,
Yes exactly, but ppl frown on FS hopping..... chatting in realtime is the only way to know if I like them and they like me enough for me to stay in that FS.....and yes I want to chat on many topics, not just the game...... Also schedules need to mesh, if noone is on when I am, then it doesnt matter how chatty a FS is, it won't work.

In terms of FS help, I require none, I ask for none, I don't expect for a FS member to take a non 1:1 trade.... I facilitate my FSs trades with my locals, and I don't make any profit on those, but they foster trade with my locals.... yes, every once and a while I run outta a resource and inquire if anyone has xtra, but usually thats cause I took too many FS trades, that I haven't flipp'd yet.... I share too much of my resources most of the time, so that just forces me to trade more.... I am a team player.

@Venar El , You haven't the time, what that says to me is ... if that happens for most ppl, and it does... then the forum is NOT the place to be social and have an ongoing conversation even.... When I discuss a topic, I'm sure I do post alot, cause thats how a conversation works... I don't just use the forum as a bullitin board.... I also tend to ramble like Data in Startrek, but the upside is usually I give enuff information rather than too little.....just like he does.

---

what it sounds like is ( in general, noone specific ) .... I talk too much, I'm rock'n the boat, I'm always complaining, I can't organize my thoughts correctly, I use incorrect facts, and I am generally unlikeable ...... You try being cooped up for 4 months with no stimulus check, eating barely once a day if that, cause ur broke.... Frustrated, heck yeah I am, and all I wanted was a place to chat with ppl and play a game a few hours each night and a couple hours each day... as an escape ..... not to do something that is just 1 more stresser in life.....

I'm old enuff I will not be bullied, and I won't stay silent... I won't make it personal either unless provoked into it...... and yes Perception IS reality to most ppl.... therefore if I think I was misunderstood, rather than attacking back, I will try to re-state my INTENT and hope thats enuff.... thats a 2 way street too, none of us should make stuff personal.... it should be a lively conversation/debate , not an argument...
BrinD

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Almost none of us know each other well enough to have opinions on each others as people. All we have are the thoughts we express here, and humans are too prone to reading tone where no tone exists. One of us is short of money and food, one of us has been changing soiled diapers on our spouse and emptying chamber pots for the last decade and is looking forward to 20+ more years of it. Some of that contributes to how we communicate, but none of it is relevant to whether our ideas are good or not. I talk too much, sometimes I rock the boat, sometimes I resist other rocking. Almost all of us are guilt of treating opinions and expectations as though they were fact at one time or another. We should be called out on it. Facts are facts, and they are always true. If we think something is a fact and it isn't, we should learn from that.

Nothing here is worth feeling bad about.

DeletedUser25004

Ofcause its a two way street, im sorry if i have been too confronting. I didnt mean to make you feel unlikeable. but at the same time i disagree with most of your opinions ive seen so far, and so i might have been biased on you lately. But i have no intention of being a bully, i dont think i was. but im sorry if you percieved it that way. @BrinDarby difference of opinion is afterall to be expected sometimes.

Evening Star Selene

@BrinDarby, I don't think anyone thinks you are unlikeable. It's just some of your posts come across as more antagonistic than you probably intend. Maybe you do, but judging by your last post you don't appear to intend to be unfriendly. As you said, you are an adult, so I am not going to give you suggestions about how to not come across as unkind, unless you want some tips. We all have our own opinions and "soapboxes" that we like to go on about.

Hang in there, many of us are in rough spots from this virus (I had 25-30 of my precious residents die from COVID in the nursing home I work at). We all can be a bit snappy sometimes, and most people probably aren't trying to be personal.

As far as the FS's, I don't know what to tell as far as finding a chatty FS. My point was just that your experience of Elvenar being a social game completely depends on the FS you are in. When you get in a good FS, I doubt you will notice the 25 person cap. I certainly don't.

I also think it is only considered fellowship hopping when you are constantly changing fellowships. Initial exploration when you first start the game is to be expected, not everyone is as lucky as me in finding a good FS on the second try. Sometimes something happens after being in a FS for a while and you have to move on; it may take a bit to find another good FS, that is to be expected.

AtaguS

what it sounds like is ( in general, noone specific ) .... I talk too much, I'm rock'n the boat, I'm always complaining, I can't organize my thoughts correctly, I use incorrect facts, and I am generally unlikeable ...... You try being cooped up for 4 months with no stimulus check, eating barely once a day if that, cause ur broke.... Frustrated, heck yeah I am, and all I wanted was a place to chat with ppl and play a game a few hours each night and a couple hours each day... as an escape ..... not to do something that is just 1 more stresser in life.....
This has been a stressful time, no doubt about it. And sometimes coming in fast and furious on the forum, or a fs for that matter can be met with some ruffled feathers, to be sure. Something tells me you are not necessarily uncomfortable with this and that's good. I believe overall this is a good place to find what you are looking for, even if it takes a little time. I second what @Evening Star Selene says...finding the right fs for you is important and it isn't "hopping" when you're still looking for that right fit. You are specific about what you want and not willing to comprimise. Great. Perhaps just acknowledge that may take a minute to find and let the process happen organically for you, even if it ends up looking a little different than you expected. For example, while I understand what you saying about with real time communication, I have had some of my best communications here on the forum, and in game, as a series of ongoing messages. There is community to be found here, and fellowship and it certainly has become a "happy place" of mine. I'm grateful for the friendships I've formed here and in the game over the last 3 years. It is all here for the having.

shimmerfly

@BrinDarby
I don't mean to be cruel to you and if I have made you feel badly in any way I offer you my heartfelt apology.
I do hope you find the FS your looking for. Sometimes it takes a little time for people to warm up. Not your fault!
Stress is driving us all in these times and unfortunatley we all have our RL to cope with.
I wish you happiness and some fun here!

AtaguS

BrinDarby said:
. if ppl are so nice around here, why do so many players who get say above CH 5-6 ... forget new players need trade too.... very rarely do I see any offer below 1000, unless its mine....

I remember hitting this issue when I was just starting too. I'd go into the trader and only find trades for 5k or above...marvelling at the 100k or 500k trades, and think, whataboutme? That's when my AM let me know that the best way to get what you need out of the trader is to post, rather than looking for someone else's offer. My bite sized trades were almost immediately scooped up after that. And now that I'm one of those 500k traders...I'll make a point of grabbing a fellow's small trades when I see them.

PS. I try not to "sweep the market" as I know that can annoy some fellowships...but there are some neighbors who communicate with me about what they need and I grab all their trades too. This sweeping the market thing is a total side effect of people being so nice around here tho!

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
@lyapo1 Yep, you are right. I often sweep the small trades but figure that if I'm taking all the small ones of my neighbors they are getting what they need immediately rather than having to wait for others. The only advantage I can see to leaving those small trades is if another small player comes along and needs them. But in that case, by my not taking them, the original poster has to wait as well. So it's probably pretty much a wash.

AJ

DeletedUser20637

Are there just a bunch of horrible, selfish people who play this game, or am I just missing something? It is a rare thing to find a two-star rated trade. I try to make sure mine are at least two stars. Am I just stupid or what? I am pretty new to this, and I don't understand.
There are a lot of people like the ones you talk about. If they are trading this way in your fellowship, you are in the wrong fellowship. Most honest and fair fellowships do not allow this except in very special cases. If you want to be in a fellowship that's main goal is to teach and help grow it's members cities, Then check us out. We even provide 3 star trades just to help our new cities get started. Starfleet Academy of K world.

DeletedUser20637

Are there just a bunch of horrible, selfish people who play this game, or am I just missing something? It is a rare thing to find a two-star rated trade. I try to make sure mine are at least two stars. Am I just stupid or what? I am pretty new to this, and I don't understand.
Oh, yes. Forgot the most important thing. Welcome to the Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.