• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheryll

Set Designer
If INNO must change something that means they got it wrong the first time. I know in the US if you mess up this much you lose your job.
I have no idea which change you are referring to. Could you identify what mistake is so glaring that in the US it would cause you to lose your job?

Risen Malchiah

Separating the training queues has some major implications.

- Would this be coupled with balancing encounters to require more troops to minimize the benefit to those with all 3?
- Low level players who only have the barracks would essentially be limited to producing 1/3 of the troops needed.
- Mid-level players might face a big supplies problem, especially if the player is active enough to play the spire & tourney.
- Players with all 3 buildings could have an advantage, but at triple the cost of supplies to maintain troop production.

Pheryll

Set Designer
Separating the training queues has some major implications.

- Would this be coupled with balancing encounters to require more troops to minimize the benefit to those with all 3?

It is possible that the tournament change in and of itself may be the offsetting reason to why a troop boost of splitting the military building queues was warranted. There is also the thought that things might get harder. Who really knows until we see it?

Clusseau

Ditto Pheryll (previous post)- but backwards, i think?
Separating troop building ques is a relatively major idea, but it is still rather a loose-thread attached to tournament changes.

MinMax has details right, but maybe over explaining? If you/(anyone) and i Run all 3 ques, then collect; i might have 2x as many troops, due to feeding my bears? If the ques run Simultaneously, then i'd have to feed my Bears 3x to maintain my advantage.

It seems in Tournament, INNO really wants to put the screws to successful cities, or high performers.
Not just the Screws... but the hammer too... AND the Anvil.

Separating ques might mitigate that pain a bit, but it will come after tournament change -and it seems to do a lot less "mitigating" for the "Screws/Hammer/Anvil" group, than it does for everyone else.

Apology to Pheryll or Max, if my references are not adequate re: your positions.

The Unbeliever

I have no idea which change you are referring to. Could you identify what mistake is so glaring that in the US it would cause you to lose your job?
Well, for starters, we the player base outright told INNO what flaming fething MORONS they were being last year when they released an event in which:
1. had an unlimited quest line for generating infinite 'free' event currency.
2. featured borderline OP prizes. (Brown Bear + to a lesser extent Polar Bear)
3. gave out time instants like friggin' candy at every single turn.

We warned them within what, 5min or so of the the Fall event releasing on beta last year that it was going to be a colossal clusterfeth of game breaking catastrophe?
And not just once did they release a pack of 8hr time instants as a daily prize, but they did so twice!! o_O (or were they 14hr time instants? I can't recall:p)
Oh, and they also stupidly made the 2nd, or was it the 3rd? most grand prize efficient chest also hand out sizable amounts of time instants.

I mean seriously, what kind of a complete mental reject does one have to be, to NOT see how instantly abusable this was going to be?
A bloody 4 year old could have played this event for all the marbles and made off multiple brown bears, the abuses were so plainly obvious... the only reason that we don't all have 4-5+ brown bears was simply due to the time factor involved to:
a) grind out the required amount of endless quests
b) sit around all day clicking endlessly

I know every member of my Fellowship last year was instantly aware of just how easy it could have been to run the event into the ground. Most didn't though, simply because they didn't want to babysit the game for 16hrs/day over 20-21 days.
But as long as you had even just 1000hrs or so in instants saved up prior to the event, and the time to devote to it, it was basically automatic to crush out 10,000's of event currency for $0.00 and walk away with however bears you wanted. (or at least, until your wrist fell off from all the endless click-click-clicking!:p)
The only real snag one could have hit that would have potentially built up a pay wall of any kind, was if you were beyond unlucky enough to get 3-4 VV quests out of every 6-8 quests or so once you hit the final quest tier...

The game is in the state it's in currently because some idiot who's probably never played the actual game had the mother of all brain-farts when they dreamed up a superbly dumb event, likely while on a bathroom break.
In a reputable company, that's easily grounds for kicking your can out the door, as I highly doubt that event was in any way the 'money maker' INNO stupidly thought it was going to be.

...oh, and for added lolz, this was the 2nd time they made that exact same feth-up, since we'd already gone through the same dog-and-pony show in the Mermaids event, where plenty of players walked away with 5-8+ fully leveled grand prizes.

Deleted User - 4646370

I mean seriously, what kind of a complete mental reject does one have to be, to NOT see how instantly abusable this was going to be?
A bloody 4 year old could have played this event for all the marbles and made off multiple brown bears, the abuses were so plainly obvious... the only reason that we don't all have 4-5+ brown bears was simply due to the time factor involved to:
a) grind out the required amount of endless quests
b) sit around all day clicking endlessly
I never thought during the event using time boosters in this event could have given me back more time boosters, and I don't think I'm a "complete mental reject". Perhaps I trusted Inno too much. But I agree such an exploit should have been found and fixed before live release.
I remember having to level workshops in emergency because I didn't have any in my city, and finally got 15 artifacts in this event, playing daily but not using many time boosters to do more quests. That's more than in other events, but not that much.
Well, for starters, we the player base outright told INNO what flaming fething MORONS they were being last year when they released an event in which:
I don't think endless quests were the main problem, and actually think it was a good thing balance-wise (the more you put in event, the more you get. This is not the case with fixed quests.) (Note that this doesn't mean it's good money-wise.) I think what you put in 2. and 3. were the core problems (plus the imbalance between people with lots of workshops and people who use other sources of supplies it created, which has been partly fixed.) Endless quests now without time instants awarded in events would not create such problems imho.

Pheryll

Set Designer

In a reputable company, that's easily grounds for kicking your can out the door, as I highly doubt that event was in any way the 'money maker' INNO stupidly thought it was going to be.

The autumn quest was easy to gain far more than the company anticipated for free, but it looks more like a failure between multiple departments than an issue where one person is clearly responsible. In America, CEOs often get away even with blatant bad decisions, not to mention unintentional ones. And this does not look like the type of scandal where an innocent employee is framed and fired for the sake of publicity. The Elvenar Team tried multiple uses of the infinite quest system, always starting with the assumption that it could not be manipulated, and then seeing it manipulated before their eyes. One moderator even let on that the team was internally blaming the players (now that action might go far enough to warrant firing). But in general, the Elvenar team suffers from too many departments to make anyone wholly accountable for any bad outcome (which seems to be the ideal strategy of American companies today). So I don't think even in America that anyone would have been fired for the outcome of the event (except perhaps the moderator who needed to be moderated, and he wasn't even being paid).

I am still not sure if this is what @mikeledo was referencing, but it is a good case of a company making a large blunder and not really having anyone to blame.

Last edited:

Risen Malchiah

Well, I really loved last year's zodiac event and loved the bears (except panda) and the time boost dailies. I made good use of time boosts to finish quests quickly to earn more artifacts and time boosts, but there's a practical limit to that. For me, it came down to scouting, completing provinces and CCs to get vision vapor. Once it started to cost more time boosts than I would likely get back, that's when I knew it was time to stop. I was also content with my progress and didn't feel the need to kill myself to get more than 2 leveled brown bears.

The problem for me is adjusting from last year's really good events to this year's lackluster ones. The troop instants were a nice addition, but overall it's hard to get used to something good and then have it taken away. Same deal with tournaments. I spent years building up my ability to go deep into the tournaments and looked forward to continuing that. Hitting a wall of difficulty that may be too difficult to overcome will kill the joy of it.

hvariidh gwendrot

i can adjust to the game play if they ever figure it out hahaha .. and if a new player can't do what bigger players do with troops or production etc THAT"S WHAT BEING NEW MEANS :cool: let them find a good fellowship and learn and grow .. i do think they need to adjust the expansion math so expanding your city is not a nerf and i think they should adjust the wonders math so leveling up your wonders is not a nerf .. training in barracks, merc camp and training grounds at the same time = good idea (to me) .. making it where we can go back and do the optional squad size increases for map fights = good idea (to me) personally i want wishing wells back i loved those things taking my ability to make diamonds away takes away my desire to purchase them .. funny how that works

WolfSinger

As an elf - who auto-fights the spire and tourney - granted I typically only get around 3-4k in the tourney - I'm optimistic about splitting the training queues. I remember when we first got the merc camp and training grounds and players started asking for the queues to be split. I have 1 bear and I do see this helping me to maintain and grow my troop compliments.

I use primarily barracks troops in the tourney and the other troops for the spire.

Agvar

Is anyone else having difficulty logging in to Beta - I keep getting the message:

"The page isn't redirecting properly

An error occurred during a connection to beta.elvenar.com."

Also, the Beta Forum registration keeps failing and will not let me register.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
I never thought during the event using time boosters in this event could have given me back more time boosters, and I don't think I'm a "complete mental reject". Perhaps I trusted Inno too much. But I agree such an exploit should have been found and fixed before live release.
I remember having to level workshops in emergency because I didn't have any in my city, and finally got 15 artifacts in this event, playing daily but not using many time boosters to do more quests. That's more than in other events, but not that much.
Me neither since I ignored mermaids, those that did mermaids could have known.
In some respect the 10-18+ some people had should have been a clear warning.

I went in with the expectation that I was willing to throw away all the 157 days of timeboosters I collected just to make sure I got 2 bears.
In the end I ended up with 3 brown bears and hundreds of days worth of timeboosters.
On my server only a friend and I had 3 brown bears and everyone else 2 or 1, so 3 should have been enough to get the tournament advantage was the idea.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
A New Fellowship Adventures has started Friday 7th.
It should go Live soon after the current event is over.

It appears to be the same type E2 16 Item version that we had in April - we still have to verify Stages 2 and 3, and the Pit.

Read more here):
https://tinyurl.com/yyegsm4r

Update: There are minor changes in the waypoints - the previous version Blue Path had 20 Flacons (now 26) and 13 Elvarian Guard (now 9). I am busy correcting the graphics

In Thursday's Beta upgrade. there have been changes to the cost of Technologies in Chapter XIV:
Dear Humans and Elves,
We have reduced the costs of technologies early in the Constructs chapter to make the transition from Chapter 14 to Chapter 15 less steep.

117109085_10217374975106974_6523759125711808635_n.jpg

The Stage Prizes
Ancient Knowledge Instants, 20 hour Booster, Carting Library and 2 Wise Golem Artifacts.
:)

117068034_10217381404987717_9116780409389290853_n.jpg

The Fellowship Rewards are identical to last time.

Last edited:

DeletedUser21570

I believe there was a mistake in the description - I think they meant they made the decrease early in Chapter 15 which would be the Elvenar.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
How is the new tournament format going in Beta? I am very curious how the testing and modifications to it are going there. Also, has there been any indication of when the live worlds will get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.