• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

World Map Province View (Rings 0-20)

DeepTerminal

I've had this graph for a while now, thought I'd share it:
Rings.png

You can see a visual pattern with the color schemes - yellow rings have 3 provinces wrapping around each corner; purple rings have 1 province at each corner; and cyan rings have no province at corners.

It's a little counter-intuitive, but Inno counts the first ring as 0. I think the idea is that the "ring count" is really a measurement of how far a province is to your city. In that sense, the provinces in the first ring have a distance of 0 since they are immediately next to your city. The provinces in the second ring have a distance of 1 since there is 1 ring in between.

Here is also a chart for the number of provinces and cities in each ring:

Ring​
Provinces​
Total Provinces​
Cities​
Total Cities​
0​
6​
6​
0​
0​
1​
6​
12​
6​
6​
2​
12​
24​
6​
12​
3​
18​
42​
6​
18​
4​
18​
60​
12​
30​
5​
24​
84​
12​
42​
6​
30​
114​
12​
54​
7​
30​
144​
18​
72​
8​
36​
180​
18​
90​
9​
42​
222​
18​
108​
10​
42​
264​
24​
132​
11​
48​
312​
24​
156​
12​
54​
366​
24​
180​
13​
54​
420​
30​
210​
14​
60​
480​
30​
240​
15​
66​
546​
30​
270​
16​
66​
612​
36​
306​
17​
72​
684​
36​
342​
18​
78​
762​
36​
378​
19​
78​
840​
42​
420​
20​
84​
924​
42​
462​

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
It's a little counter-intuitive, but Inno counts the first ring as 0. I think the idea is that the "ring count" is really a measurement of how far a province is to your city. In that sense, the provinces in the first ring have a distance of 0 since they are immediately next to your city. The provinces in the second ring have a distance of 1 since there is 1 ring in between.

Not exactly. The ranking points you earn from completing an encounter in a province is equal to the ring number. The list of provinces on the world map in the browser version (mobile does not have this) shows the distance in between your city and the ring for the province you are scouting or completing. So an encounter in the 17th ring is worth 17 points, but the list of incomplete provinces will say the distance is 16 because it only counts the 16 rings you have to cross to get to it.

Evening Star Selene

@n00bslayer420 , and your point is ??? lolololol
not sure why you posted, thats all.....
This is why people tend to think you are looking for a fight. Everyone can post game related helps and guides on here, regardless of relevance to each individual player. If it doesn't make sense or you don't see the purpose, just move on, there's no need for unkind remarks.

BrinDarby

there's no need for unkind remarks.
I said lololololo, therefore it was a lighthearted comment....
and no question is dumb if you don't know the answer
and want to know something...... sheesh.....

Nothing I said was unkind, or outta line......
as I said, I was just curious, cause usually anyone who takes
the time to make that, had a bigger point behind it, thats all.
BrinD

Evening Star Selene

BrinD

Ok, my mistake. Many of your posts have been more antagonistic, and I thought this was the same situation. I have seen too many people attach "lol" onto a mean message in order to make it more "palatable." I never said your question was dumb, it just sounded unkind, like the OP had some secret agenda for posting it, and you were calling him out on it.

Evening Star Selene

@Evening Star Selene LOL! (Just being "mean!" LOL!)

AJ
OK, you did make me laugh! Honestly though, I see people do that way too often! I had acquaintances who used to make very unkind remarks about people, and then say "bless their heart" like it somehow made what they just said better. I see much the same situations with some people's use of "lol," not every scenario, as AJ so aptly pointed out. :)

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Iv honestly been hoping they would one day add some colored borders around each ring on the map. In order to help mre easily identify which ring is which.

hvariidh gwendrot

if you look at the rewards listed, the number of points it rewards to clear it is what ring it is .. that may help when trying to find where you are )

DeepTerminal

BrinD

The edgelord's paradox - whether a comment is sincere or not depends on people's reaction. Now you're being called out for your unfunny and snide comment it's suddenly a "genuine question" and meant to be "lighthearted". Either grow up or stop being a passive-aggressive boomer.

Last edited:

BrinDarby

NO, whether its sincere or not is solely up to the person saying it, unless you brought the thought police here with truth serum.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
The edgelord's paradox - whether a comment is sincere or not depends on people's reaction. Now you're being called out for your unfunny and snide comment it's suddenly a "genuine question" and meant to be "lighthearted". Either grow up or stop being a passive-aggressive boomer.

Actually "sincerity" is an internal emotion or attitude of the speaker. The measure of "sincerity" in the reaction of the receiver is only a measure, not the thing itself. In other words, when I measure the sincerity of a statement (i.e. react to it as more or less sincere) I am only relaying the level of my belief in the sincerity of the person speaking, not the actual sincerity. In most cases though, if the speaker's sincerity (as he or she perceives it) is being consistently misread then the speaker becomes responsible for adjusting their communication. Effective communication is when you get the receivers to perceive what you wish them to perceive and that means not speaking the words as they sound to yourself, but anticipating what they may sound like to the receiver. It's called "audience adaptation" and it's the key to good communication.

AJ