• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Cities that need to go away

Deleted User - 3932582

Plus the diamonds the game starts you with, so if it is a player who never spends money on diamonds, they could do 7 tiny cities every month or two and have 1400 free diamonds for their main city. And just keep repeating after the chapter 1 cities are all deleted.
This was a great way to farm tons of free diamonds back then. Unfortunately, it has been fixed a long time ago. Now expired cities do not get initial diamonds anymore on restart.

AtaguS

Plus the diamonds the game starts you with, so if it is a player who never spends money on diamonds, they could do 7 tiny cities every month or two and have 1400 free diamonds for their main city. And just keep repeating after the chapter 1 cities are all deleted.
I don't remember the game giving me diamonds when I started my unused cities. Or maybe this was in an email and not on the game itself? It that's true....darn, lol...I missed those!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
A new player starts with 200 diamonds, then spend 100 on the builder upgrade, then can get 50 from verifying their email, and 100 from completing the first 18 quests. I'm not sure where they got 600.

I didn't. The city just started with the tutorial set up and nothing else. (So a level 1 MH, level 2 BH, level 2 house and a workshop.
Thanks for letting me know. That makes sense.

Kekune

Have you considered what would happen if Inno really did delete every inactive city? 2/3rds of the map would become gold mines. Maybe more. Unless they decided to dramatically shrink the size of the world map.
I wish they would, though. I'd rather have a bunch of goldmines and an honest understanding of available trade partners than the current guessing game. And it's easier to collect coins from goldmines.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I wish they would, though. I'd rather have a bunch of goldmines and an honest understanding of available trade partners than the current guessing game. And it's easier to collect coins from goldmines.
You are totally right that it would be easier. And I would be fine with this also. I just do not think Inno wants a map full of goldmines. I think that is why they stopped deleting abandoned cities like they said they were going to.

Socrates28

I think this option only affects movements to a better location (in Inno's terms). I don't think it has any impact on moving to the boonies, this is automatic and cannot be prevented for inactive cities.
This is exactly what happened to me. I had my "movement" on and I was sent to the very edge of the map! Everything to my south and west were gold mines. I was active and it happened to me. Not someone I heard of, or knew, but to me! I even posted on a previous thread this information over a year ago.
This is why I suggested that the movement option be turned on for all cities with advanced notification of when the next move will occur so that when it does happen an active player can turn it back off to keep their position.
My friend I submit that your thinking, which I highly respect, is in error on this one small topic.

Evening Star Selene

This is exactly what happened to me. I had my "movement" on and I was sent to the very edge of the map! Everything to my south and west were gold mines. I was active and it happened to me. Not someone I heard of, or knew, but to me! I even posted on a previous thread this information over a year ago.
This is why I suggested that the movement option be turned on for all cities with advanced notification of when the next move will occur so that when it does happen an active player can turn it back off to keep their position.
My friend I submit that your thinking, which I highly respect, is in error on this one small topic.
That is weird, because on the toggle option in settings, it specifies "better position." The little information tab says "If you have too many empty spots around you on the world map, you will automatically be moved to a better position..."

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
slight tangent here ... i have sinya arda showing as a world i play ..it isn't never has been, i have asked support dozens of times to clear it off my screen and they wont for some reason .. i have spent diamonds on my main world, but never logged in to sinya, never made a city, never picked a charector, nothing and yet there it is every time i log in and it is _______ annoying, that was more of a vent than a question unless someone knows how to get rid of it

I've had a different experience. I accidentally clicked on a different world but realized it immediately when it asked me to name my city (or something that occurs before you actaully go to the city - I don't remember what it was). In any case, I backed out of the process then but when I went back I found I had officially joined that server, the assumption being that I had started a city there. I hadn't, having backed out before that step. I wrote them asking them to remove me from the server and suggested a code change so that you don't join a server until you actually start the city (whatever the step is you take after clicking on the world), and while I don't know for sure, they may have changed the code, and after a couple weeks that world was no longer active.

When I say they may have changed the code, I accidentally confirmed this when a few months later I, again, clicked on the wrong world and, again, "joined" the server but didn't start a new city. Within a couple days my "new" server went back to "inactive." I've not repeated the mistake but expect the same thing to happen in the future should I have failed to learn my lesson and click on the wrong world again.

So, maybe you "joined" the server before the (assumed) code change. I can't say why they haven't removed you, but if you actually started a city there maybe the code doesn't allow you to go "inactive" once that happens (which makes sense if they can only remove a city -- once started -- by removing the whole account, including cities on other worlds?)

Just my experience.

AJ

GlamDoll

I have 24 cities (just in GlamDoll's Fellowship)...That I have not played in over a year, because I was considered cheating & pushing & whatever else you wish to throw in the blank. I quite playing them!!! I now just throw money at the game to compensate for my wasted time, effort & energy. I have no doubt whatsoever, that everyone else's mileage S H A L L very!

Point of my post? Great inquiry! Yes!

EZ/GlamDoll

SunsetDanar

I've had a different experience. I accidentally clicked on a different world but realized it immediately when it asked me to name my city (or something that occurs before you actaully go to the city - I don't remember what it was). In any case, I backed out of the process then but when I went back I found I had officially joined that server, the assumption being that I had started a city there. I hadn't, having backed out before that step. I wrote them asking them to remove me from the server and suggested a code change so that you don't join a server until you actually start the city (whatever the step is you take after clicking on the world), and while I don't know for sure, they may have changed the code, and after a couple weeks that world was no longer active.

When I say they may have changed the code, I accidentally confirmed this when a few months later I, again, clicked on the wrong world and, again, "joined" the server but didn't start a new city. Within a couple days my "new" server went back to "inactive." I've not repeated the mistake but expect the same thing to happen in the future should I have failed to learn my lesson and click on the wrong world again.

So, maybe you "joined" the server before the (assumed) code change. I can't say why they haven't removed you, but if you actually started a city there maybe the code doesn't allow you to go "inactive" once that happens (which makes sense if they can only remove a city -- once started -- by removing the whole account, including cities on other worlds?)

Just my experience.

AJ

This is a common occurrence. The "accidentally" started cities remain as well and place additional and unnecessary burden on the servers. As I said initially, Many players just start cities and do the minimum for the diamonds with no intention of ever playing them...more server load and we experience server issues frequently. I have cities in my neighborhood, as all of you do, that have been inactive for years. Time for the devs to come up with a "cleaner" program. Diamond account owners that are only active in one world need to be advised that their inactive worlds will be deactivated and all of those cities with no activity need to be gone as well. Once accomplished, established players do not get a repeat for new cities on the same account.

Nightguest

Ex-Team Member
Just a note from me.

While it is true that in the past (before I joined) the city delete requests were denied, we recently changed that.
From now on, if you want us to delete a city for you, just make a request via the ticket system.

You'll be asked to verify your request and to give your confirmation that you have understood that delete = permanent and we cannot undo it. But, once you give that verification request should be passed to me and delete what was requested.

If anyone here encounters any problems with the delete city requests please can you let me know as I'd need to look into what's going on.

nightrider1

Just a note from me.

While it is true that in the past (before I joined) the city delete requests were denied, we recently changed that.
From now on, if you want us to delete a city for you, just make a request via the ticket system.

You'll be asked to verify your request and to give your confirmation that you have understood that delete = permanent and we cannot undo it. But, once you give that verification request should be passed to me and delete what was requested.

If anyone here encounters any problems with the delete city requests please can you let me know as I'd need to look into what's going on.
it would be an excelent idea to make this a news post to all worlds. this may significantly reduce inactive cities thanks for info I have such a city

SunsetDanar

Just a note from me.

Welcome news. Justification now remains for all of those cities that were started with no intent to continue. They remain with no value other than a city to visit. Gold mines do not continue but will eventually be replaced by active players. Granted, takes time but I'm willing to wait.

DeletedUser10917

Just a note from me.

So this means I can ask you to remove my inactive cities in other worlds that I started way back when as a newbie, but still keep my city in Arendyll as it is and not have to start all over again as a new player?
When I looked into this before, I was told that the only way to delete those others was to completely delete my Elvenar account and start all over.